Buying a new desktop vape

RabidElmo

Hello I have the vtower tower right now and it's been a great unit for around 8 to 10 years now, planning to buy a new unit. It's just me using it and I mainly use whips, ballons are ok occasionally but never really use it. The three I've narrowed it down to are the extreme q or da buddha or the plenty just not sure which to get

Thank you

ejackyou

Hamilton
Don't think You could go wrong with any of them, but be forewarned, the Plenty is a different animal than :dog:just about any other vape on the market! I hope You're intentions are for longer session 'medicinal' type vaping. If your a one or two temp hitter that wants to get high, your money could be put towards better :hmm:suited vapes? Sounds like you've just got the itch for something new, none of these except the Plenty, are 'state of the Art', maybe you should wait. If you are looking for 'state of the art', the 'Hybrid' is just arriving! :clap:

RabidElmo

Thank you ejackyou for your input I tend to vape on my vtower for about half hour to 45 min sessions usually, I'm not looking for say a hybrid just something solid that will help me get the best out of my stuff. Also I mainly use dry herb don't use oils or dabs I've looked at YouTube videos on all 3 just not sure which is the best option for me

RabidElmo,

ejackyou

Hamilton
I think it all boils down:dog:to how You prefer to Operate a Vape? :science:

These three Vapes work totally differently? :shrug:

ejackyou,

idboehman

one thing to note is that the plenty isn't known to be the most efficient vaporizer (i.e. in my understanding it requires a full chamber to operate at full potential and the chamber holds quite a bit). That being said, I've only heard great things about the potency of it's vapor. I've looked at them seriously but decided I'd rather save for a Volcano for a home desktop vape. Mostly because people have been using their Volcano classics for upwards of a decade at this point which really appeals to me.

I owned a Da Buddha for a while. I cannot compare it to the V Tower as I've never used one but the buddha is a tank. It's design is simple but that simplicity leads to reliability. I always enjoyed using mine while I had it. I don't know how much of an upgrade it would be over a V Tower however. I want to say the Da Buddha performs better as a whip vape than the Extreme Q (I've not used one, only a Solo my friends had in university), and definitely isn't as good of a bag vape as the Volcano, but I have read that it does both of those jobs good enough so it could be useful as a way to see if you prefer one style of vaping over another.

ETA:

I'm the type I put my herb in and watch tv and puff away while watching

With this in mind, this is exactly how I used my Da Buddha.

I had it set up on a coffee table between my couch and the TV, I had the water pipe adapter attached to a nice beaker made by Elev8 (who has absorbed 7th Floor if I understand correctly the recent business reorganization happenings they've been going through). Using it with the whip directly was also a great experience, I just preferred the rips I could get from the Buddha + WPA. I easily put half a pound through that exact setup and the vape worked perfectly throughout the entire time.

Last edited:
idboehman,
Reactions: RabidElmo

RabidElmo

Thanks idboehman yeah I've heard that about the plenty needing more stuff that's why I'm mainly leading towards the buddha or the extreme q. They way you discribed using the buddha is the way I use my vtower I set it up put on the tv and puff away while watching. As for the volcano I have used it a few times but can't justify spending 800 on it.

RabidElmo,

idboehman

oh definitely not. the new volcano hybrid would be an absolute luxury expense, i'm more interested in the volcano classic/analog version, though a hybrid would be pretty amazing with the ability to do both whip and bags (though I'd really be interested to see if the volcano is actually any better than the buddha in terms of whip performance). the classic is much more readily available on the used market and easier to find a deal. unless you're in some area where the volcano classic costs 800 <currency> new and if so i'm sorry....

idboehman,

RabidElmo

Yeah idboehman I live in Ontario Canada every webpage I've seen the volcano around roughly the 700 - 800$ range (that's a lot for a Vape) I can get the buddha or extreme for around 200$

RabidElmo,
Reactions: idboehman

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
The DBV was my first desktop vaporizer and i currently own the plenty also. I would suggest you to look at the silver surfer, that angled heater helps a lot.

My personal opinion the plenty form factor is little cumbersome in repeated usage, its a heavy hitter because of the huge chamber size.

If you have the budget and care in handling, i would say go for the vapexhale cloud.

habitat-fc

I agree with @audiodelic look into the SSV, I use mine everyday and it outperforms the Volcano classic by a mile IME (especially if you get the @DDave mod kit).

The EVO is amazing although a lot more expensive, but definitely an amazing vape experience. Really high vapor quality on the EVO compared with Volcano or SSV, as it has an almost pure glass vapor path.

Top Bottom