Butane Vapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Hammer blows super clouds, as do the VG's never use my VG anymore because I prefer the VM by a country mile. I was concerned about the vapman being a bit dull when I first ordered, but as soon as I started using it my worries were eased. Can 100% rip the thing! I have the coil and it's nice for the price, but I didn't enjoy it that much, although it certainly can blow huge clouds too!

VM can get cloudy!
God damn you Tommy :argh:

I watched your videos and then clicked on 2girls1bong, and I lost half a day!

Jesus....

Gotta clean my web history :whoa:

:rofl:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I must say, my best friend purchased a couple hammers a few months back in preparation for a backpacking trip. He was pursuing the super light weight, compact, and convenient convection via butane design. Needless to say, he gifted one to me the same day he received his shipment to test out and I was superbly let down by my experiences. He thought that maybe his technique was off (hence passing it to me to decipher) but I also found that it's performance was heavily unimpressive.
Technique or faulty unit? My hammer hits hard as fuck.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
I have been working on projects, or I would have been here earlier!

I just wanted to chime in and say that the Daisy has hands down been the best weed related purchase of my entire life. Better than the best bag of Blueberry we still whisper about among our group to this day...

Don't think I could recommend getting one more.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I have some pretty high end vapes in my collection. The Herbalizer, multiple Evo's, FireFly, ect. But the butane vapes still get regular work. Quick, and they don't clutter up the room or table.

The Daisy may be my favorite, and I love my beta VapCap but Lotus, Lily, and VapMan all still see action. I use the Hammer the least, but I like it for travel and vape newbies. Once hot, its thick vapor no fuss.

Scott A

I personally like my Hammer a lot more than my lily. I can repeatedly get thick vapor easily with the hammer but its always so hit and miss with the lily. I dont know what it is but its a lot easier for me to get consistent good vapor with the hammer. Its been months since I drug either one out though.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I love hearing everyone's experiences, thanks a ton! SO much useful information. I can't believe a butane vape thread hasn't been started yet (to my knowledge).

mikeben

Is having a butane can in an apartment safe? What is a good butane lighter if the answer is yes? What are the downsides to these type of vapes? I am slightly intimidated about trying one as they seem a bit harder to master than any other format.

mikeben,

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Personally I wouldn't use a butane vape that hasn't got a clean air path. Not to say I don't admire the design of these vapes - such as the Daisy.

I asked Santa for a Lotus this year as I feel it would be useful to have a vape that is free from electricity. I hadn't heard of the Vapman until now. If i had known I would have considered a Vapman for sure. Im really feeling the design!

I like how it works on simple and similar principles too the Lotus - but it's smaller and more discreet. The choice of materials gives it a real nice vibe too.

I've never tried any butane vapes and Im not sure if this is the place, but, has anyone tried/own both the Lotus and Vapman?

I'm guessing the short vapour path of the Vapman, means it would produce hotter vapour compared with the lotus?

And how well does the Vapman perform seeing as you have to heat it before you inhale? I see in the post above by Tommy that he is inhaling while heating with the flame. But from what I understand this is not how the device should be used if one wants to avoid the butane.

Also how well is the herb vaped in the Vapman? Does it ever get scorched dark/black or burnt? or does it safely and evenly toast your herb. I know that the metal plate that is heated on the Lotus doesn't actually come in direct contact with the herb; which is why it vapes without scorching. In comparison i've seen some Beta test videos for the VapCap where the herb was coming out black/scorched/combusted obviously due to the direct contact with the metal being heated.

sativasam,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
It is just about as safe as having a lighter of any kind in your apartment. Before I started using more butane for vapes, I had a can of fluid I moved with me from apartment to apartment for a decade... Never even thought twice about it.

The main danger described with butane, is when people are blowing several cans worth through a tube indoors... So... don't do a BHO run inside maybe? If you are very paranoid, you can even just fill lighters outside, but I don't feel it is enough off-gassing to really matter, unless you are filling a lighter right next to an open flame...

Downside of butane vapes is the lighter. It is not a constant variable. When a lighter runs low or if it gets something caught in the path, for me anyways, the flame can gutter low for a second and then gush out a geyser of flame, which if I'm not careful to recognize the signs this will occur, can risk combusting a load.

This actually hasn't happened to me since the first couple times becoming familiar with my lighter though.

There is really nothing to be intimidated by from a small torch lighter vape though. If you have ever used a torch for concentrates, that is way more heat/intensity. This is fairly comparable to a regular lighter experience. Just have to adjust a bit.

I don't have a great amount of experience with a good type of butane lighter. I like the zico one I got with my Daisy, but I don't like how the butane chamber is so small. Have to fill it every 10 bowls or so. Someone like @OF has mentioned some good ideas there though.

P.S. - Also, be careful if you get a butane vape. If you take the time to get to know it, you might find you start VASing hard for the other ones. :(

Edit - @sativasam

The main difference between Lotus and Vapman is that Lotus is almost 100% convection and Vapman is almost 100% conduction. I would describe convection flavor as more in your face bouquet of everything. Conduction for me is more like a hearty full bodied flavor, which can be sipped a bit easier for an extended period. I believe it would probably be easier to get full extraction from something like the Vapman imo, just because conduction vapes tend to be a bit easier in that regard, but take just a bit longer to get you where you want to be.

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I have ZERO worries butane. If you are using a clean burning torch lighter, you should have no worries about "butane in the air path".

Butane burns clean if you buy good shit. Don't buy junk.

Lily/daisy have a clean air path.

Philreal187

@sativasam The vapman does have a very short path being that is is so compact. The trick is 3 tiny air holes in the middle section used to cool the vapor as you draw. When heating the vapman the process from lighting to inhaling doesn't lose much if any heat on the pan. When I share the vapman and play torch master the passing of the vapman does cause cooling in my opinion. All and all I love the vapman!! I also have a lot of interest in triihouse especially the daisy and peace.

The hammer is definitely a hard hitting vape. Maybe still the best I have owned yet. It's only flaw is the butane exhaust is almost right in your face, which can cause for a bit of an oder.

I was a bit unsure about butane power as well. But after my first which was the hammer I was sold! They definitely can pack a punch and give you a lot of control over the heating of the vape to exactly how you prefer with a little finesse.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
So those that own or have tried both vapes; what do you prefer Lotus or Vapman?

Im feeling like I should of asked for a Vapman for xmas instead of a Lotus :ugh:

Interesting hearing @seaofgreens and @KidFated. 's comments on butane. You always hear the inhalation of butane as a reason to avoid such vapes. So it's nice to hear as I love the character/materials that most microchip free/butane heated vapes have.

Last edited:
sativasam,

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I'm unsure what you mean by this?

Thanks for your comments.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken @seaofgreens ...

He is simply saying to practice , practice and practice with your first butane Vape, before you go and purchase other Vaporizers to fill in whatever is void when not getting the full experience from the butane Vape.

V.A.S. Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome.
The inability to control one's desire to buy more and more Vaporizers.

Some of these guys have spent a BMW's worth of Various Vaporizers.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Please correct me if I'm mistaken @seaofgreens ...

He is simply saying to practice , practice and practice with your first butane Vape, before you go and purchase other Vaporizers to fill in whatever is void when not getting the full experience from the butane Vape.

V.A.S. Vaporizer Acquisition Syndrome.
The inability to control one's desire to buy more and more Vaporizers.

Some of these guys have spent a BMW's worth of Various Vaporizers.

Sound advice.

My VAS is playing up big time, so time to medicate.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So those that own or have tried both vapes; what do you prefer Lotus or Vapman?

Im feeling like I should of asked for a Vapman for xmas instead of a Lotus :ugh:

Interesting hearing @seaofgreens and @KidFated. 's comments on butane. You always hear the inhalation of butane as a reason to avoid such vapes. So it's nice to hear as I love the character/materials that most microchip free/butane heated vapes have.

Apples and oranges really , I have both. VM is pure conduction, and I never inhale while heating. Lotus is pure convection (almost) and you inhale while you light.

The both take practice and technique, some pick up this process quicker but IMO both of these vapes are better for someone with a little vapor experience and would be more difficult to master if you did not already know what vapor tastes like.

The VM needs ground material, but also excells with hash and BHO with the screens. The VM is also harder to load. The Lotus will take chunks or ground material, but i wouldn't use concentrates with the standard cap. Lotus also has some fun accessories, but the VM has the power station now being released too.

They are both good choices IMO. I use my VM more, but part of that may be due to the fact i like to mix some pure conduction into my life and it is personally my favorite pure conduction vape.

Happy hunting.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I've actually turned more people on to vaporizing with the vapman then any other vape I've owned, if you can count to 4 and hold a torch there ain't much of a learning curve at least nowhere near what the lotus calls for in order to obtain consistency in sessions. Everyone Burns a bowl or two once in a while with the lotus no matter what but no one ever has even come close with one of my vapman(s ?) (vapmen ?).

I do have one friend who insists on the lotus /orbiter combo. But when they come over I know I'll have to iso wash the wpa and orbiter a few times that night if I don't wanna puke from the combustion taste if I'm using it too(now I let her use the lotus while i use something else).

That's my experience at least.

Also I've had to replace the Hot Plate on my lotus(they're considered a consumable and will most likely need to be replaced again if it's used enough) where the Vapman will last a lifetime without the need for anything except what came with it in it's egg in the first place, no ss screens to mess with and no hot plates getting little pin holes over time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom