Butane Vapes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hey everyone!
I've been interested in Butane Vapes recently, and there are quite a few options! I'm not quite at the point of wanting to purchase one, but I would like to educate myself quite a bit on this form of vaping. I'm wondering; what's everyone's preferred butane vape of choice, and why?
I'm most interested in the Lily/Daisy/Peace, the Hammer, and the Lotus.
I've always wondered why I don't see the Hammer get much recognition, as it seems pretty fun to use for a pretty great price with the deals.

AJS,
Reactions: NorVape

Tommy10

Butane vapes are great if you ask me, I have the VG and the coil, vapman and the hammer. Give one a go, hammer is cheap enough and you don't need to mess around with torches. Down the track you can try some of the torch powered ones. I know I still want a lotus and something from the trilhouse range.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Butane vapes are great if you ask me, I have the VG and the coil, vapman and the hammer. Give one a go, hammer is cheap enough and you don't need to mess around with torches. Down the track you can try some of the torch powered ones. I know I still want a lotus and something from the trilhouse range.
Vapman lotus VG and hammer are all amazing! I wanna try the triihouse vapes..

Tommy10

Vapman lotus VG and hammer are all amazing! I wanna try the triihouse vapes..

Nearly bought a lotus on Black Friday sale... Think I still regret not doing so!

@AJS I'd say a butane vape is going to get you as close to a portable e-nano as one can get at the moment. The hammer works in a similar method with a similar sized bowl...just using butane heat obviously.

Nok21

My preferred butane vape is currently my Bronze Sherlock VaporGenie. Smooth as a small whip-style vaporizer, heats up quick, I can take it camping as well.

I suppose my main reason for using butane vapes are the low heat up times, ability to be used without power should there be a storm, outdoor use like camping or even kayaking, and also the ruggedness factor. My old VG has taken drops that would kill most vapes, my Sherlock has yet to be dropped.

I've really been interested in the Lotus/Trillhouse lineup but haven't jumped the gun because I love my VG's so much- and that lifetime warranty. The Trillhouse vapes use glass, and that cuts out the ruggedness for me- though they do look ever so tempting! I hear a lot of good things about the lotus, but also heard that people have had to replace the heat-plate a lot so I've been keeping an eye on that. I really like the "No lighter exhaust in the air-path" though.

Heard good things about the hammer too, but never tried one. Anyone with a hammer have any mechanical difficulties/issues? It seems to be a pretty solid vape.

Tommy10

Yes, I find the hammer stems a little fragile but that could be redeemed with a custom stem. The hammer unit itself is ultra durable!
I think the most exciting thing for the OP is deciding which one first! And the butane ones tend to be more reasonably priced. Value for money wise I consider all my butane vapes to be absolute steals! In terms of blowing hugeeee clouds the hammer is probably the best value for money getting around! Especially if you are in the US and can purchase directly from them.

Nok21

None here! I've had a couple and they've all seen some abuse!

:cool: Noted. How often do you fill it/etc? The mini-torch I use with my VG is filled probably every other day, at the most.

I suppose I'll have to add it to my never-ending wishlist of vapes.

Nok21,
Reactions: NorVape

Tommy10

:cool: Noted. How often do you fill it/etc? The mini-torch I use with my VG is filled probably every other day, at the most.

I suppose I'll have to add it to my never-ending wishlist of vapes.

I fill the hammer more often than I fill my mini torch using the VM. The hammer has a much longer heat up time than the VM or VG (unless using it in conduction mode which is a more fair comparison) but on a full fill I feel confident taking it out without a can for a while but it's more of an at home portable for me. VM or VG and a torch is always going to last longer and be more durable unless you have custom non glass stems.

AJS

Calm Consistency
How is the vapor performance compared between the Lotus, Triihouse, and Hammer?
It seems the Triihouse would pack the biggest punch...
Lotus would seem to be the harshest/most burn (isn't it kinda conduction)
And the Hammer seems to be an all in one Triihouse essentially.
I'm not exactly sure what get's used as the heat plate in the Hammer. Is the gas in the handle and hets a plate at the top? Is it full convection? How's that work?

AJS,
Reactions: Tommy10

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I love my VaporGenie. I just have the Classic model -- it's simple and effective. Eventually I'll buy the Bronze Sherlock; it seems so luxurious compared to the Classic (and I've heard nothing but good about it).

I've also used the VG SS Coil and it works well for what it is. Mostly good for using with a bubbler of some sort, IMO.

The only other butane powered vape I have used was the VapCap a handful of times. Enough to know that I will eventually be getting one of those as well. :D

:2c:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I'm not exactly sure what get's used as the heat plate in the Hammer. Is the gas in the handle and hets a plate at the top? Is it full convection? How's that work?
Triihouse has two convection vaporizers and one conduction.

The lotus is smooth and is pure convection. It can be used with water very easily. Looks kinda crackhead-ish but it's fun and delivers great tips when your not in wind.

Hammer has a tank in the handle and a torch flame heats a ss tube, which is the air path. Gaskets ensure a clean air path. Ed makes wooden stems for it, and it can be used in conduction mode as well. Does great in the wind and on the lake!

Don't overlook the Vapman.. Packs a bark in a tiny dog, and they're works of art.. Plus the Vapman heating station!

Tommy10

The butane goes into the bottom of the body, the flame shoots vertical up to the heating tube. The tube runs horizontally across the top forming the "T" hammer shape. It's heated from the bottom, fresh air comes through the back end out of the butane path, and the glass stem goes on the front. Making it 100% full convection.

Yes, the vapman does pack some surprising bark! If the hammer is a bull mastiff, thing has a lot of bite! The vapman is a pitbull or even a little English Staffordshire. Can go round for round with the big dogs, and you feed it half as much!
Also do you use water? Lotus looks like a really good option if you vape through water most of the time. The hammer can milk up a bubbler very easily, but can be a bit awkward to operate while vapor bonging I have found the VM to feel more natural and the lotus looks to operate similar.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I just couldn't justify myself getting a Lotus for water when I already have a Nano. My Nano is on 24/7 so instant heatup isn't a problem. (although water adapter would be used, no doubt)
I'm loving the discussion guys! I think having people be able to share multiple experiences, or share information they've heard about a vape and being able to compare, is always so informative and easy to learn.

Didn't realize the Hammer heated an entire glass airpath tube. Thought it was a plate of sorts. Interesting...

Edit: can anyone explain how many uses they get out of their butane fill with their vape?
I figure if you have multiple butane vapes you normally use the same mini-torch for all of them?

Edit: Obviously the Hammer should use the most butane in general, but as long as the fill lasts a decent amount of seshes that would be pretty cool! I have no idea how much a tank of butane costs or how many fills that would last. Clueless.

AJS,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Gotcha Gotcha.
Much difference heating with stem in vs stem out?
I never attached until heated but I dunno how others did it.. Only difference is conduction is quicker. I would watch some of @paytonpenn s videos on the hammer, he's got some super fast session video as well..

KidFated.,

Tommy10

Awesome man! Cool to put a face to the name too!
Thanks for the vid!

Rough face at that, but sadly only got an iPhone with a case as a stand so getting a good angle is hard haha much easier to "selfie" it.
I say if you think the hammer is reasonably priced just pull the trigger :p. Doubt you'll regret it. It's my go to vape for showing combusters the vaping can have horse power!
Hammer
Pros
-reliable
-durable
-well priced
-great taste
-huge clouds

Cons
-fragile stems
-unit gets hot but have not notice performance issues from this
Longer heat up times than most other butane vapes.

If mine broke today I'd order another tomorrow. It's not my daily driver (that's been the VM lately which is also worth looking at) but It's great for the collection.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Rough face at that, but sadly only got an iPhone with a case as a stand so getting a good angle is hard haha much easier to "selfie" it.
I say if you think the hammer is reasonably priced just pull the trigger :p. Doubt you'll regret it. It's my go to vape for showing combusters the vaping can have horse power!
Hammer
Pros
-reliable
-durable
-well priced
-great taste
-huge clouds

Cons
-fragile stems
-unit gets hot but have not notice performance issues from this
Longer heat up times than most other butane vapes.

If mine broke today I'd order another tomorrow. It's not my daily driver (that's been the VM lately which is also worth looking at) but It's great for the collection.
Thanks for the info man!!
Any rough idea how many seshes/bowls you get out of a fill?
Does filling butane get pricey or does a $15 refill last quite a while?

AJS,

Nok21

Edit: can anyone explain how many uses they get out of their butane fill with their vape?
I figure if you have multiple butane vapes you normally use the same mini-torch for all of them?

My small torch lighter is filled every other day, depending on usage. I could see filling it up once a day or maybe twice If i was vaping really, really heavily.

Currently, my nightly/afternoon sessions keep butane costs low. Shit, I've had this same can of vector for months.

I love my VaporGenie. I just have the Classic model -- it's simple and effective. Eventually I'll buy the Bronze Sherlock; it seems so luxurious compared to the Classic (and I've heard nothing but good about it).

I've also used the VG SS Coil and it works well for what it is. Mostly good for using with a bubbler of some sort, IMO.

The only other butane powered vape I have used was the VapCap a handful of times. Enough to know that I will eventually be getting one of those as well. :D

I'll be honest about the Bronze Sherlock. When I was in the process of ordering (near turkey day- total mess), I thought about returning it (clean) and paying the difference for a glass sherlock.

I literally changed my mind after opening the box. The bronze is clearly a very high quality, and the body alone is so well designed that I feel the photos on the VG site do it no justice.

The draw is literally on par with a small whip-style vape, and this thing collects reclaim like no other. The body gets warm, and all that nice reclaim collects in the bottom- it just melts right on down!!

God, i need to get the time to post pics of the sherlock this week. It's gonna happen.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
How many bowls depends on the vape and size/type of lighter. Very difficult to estimate.

A $15 refill would last ages. It's about $5 for 1 refill can which would refill a regular lighter lots of times. I am gonna guess 50 times per can, but i could be way off either way. Given i haven't gotten through 1 can of butane in the last year, i am not gonna start counting 'cos you will be waiting until 2020 for the answer.

I don't use my butane vapes every day so someone with higher usage may give a better answer, but basically, 'cheap as chips' for butane costs.

I use a vg coil, vapman, vaponic and vaporstar in rotation. Highly recommend the first 3.

I also am interested in the triihouse range, ....and lotus...., but with a vapcap ordered, i am pretty well sorted for butane vapes. Must...resist...more...vape...purchases..........................................I must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom