Butane-Powered Vape for a Newbie

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Still waiting to see whether they restock the fat mouthpieces or not.

And y'know what? I was actually reading about the Essence yesterday. That thing is damned pretty and I could definitely see myself using one but my immediate first thought is that it'd be even more of a ``perceived hassle" for her to load up and use. Then again, I think it might be better for her than the Vapcap just because she can start off inhaling while lighting instead of separating the actions. Still, I don't think she wants to take a vape apart, let alone likes the idea of having to stir a load.

It's troublesome. I can't imagine a pleasurable vape experience that doesn't involve heavy user control. The session in itself is a lot of fun to me, but my mom comes off like someone who takes convenience over anything else.

Last edited:
Marihuana,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Not sure if you are completely set on either of the two vapes you mentioned, but have you considered the Vaporgenie?

Full manual control.
Very similar expererience to smoking a pipe.
You can push it for huge clouds once you have the technique down (there is a learning curve, of course, but it sounds like this may be a good thing if she likes the idea of learning or honing skills)
Almost instant vapour -it's still probably my fastest vape out of the 8 or so i have (including vapcap)
can use a bic or a torch lighter , so not so daunting to people who equate a torch lighter with 'hard core'
cheap

Anyway, good luck with your search

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's troublesome. I can't imagine a pleasurable vape experience that doesn't involve heavy user control. The session in itself is a lot of fun to me, but my mom comes off like someone who takes convenience over anything else.

Sounds just like my mom. Does it have to be portable? I think if I could start over I would try something like a log vape for my mom. Something always on and as simple as putting herb in a bowl and breathing. Or maybe a Solo 2. Through some trial and elimination I've determined that the ideal vaporizer for my mom should have no technique or learning curve whatsoever. And it needs to be always on, or reach temperature almost instantly.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Marihuana

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I don't really feel like being tied down to a power cord would be the right option for her, let alone glass stems. She likes to go outside, or sit/lie down on the sofa or her bed when she smokes. She has dropped and broken every pipe that's been in her possession. That's why I'm so interested in the more simple "indestructible" portables like the VapCap

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't really feel like being tied down to a power cord would be the right option for her, let alone glass stems. She likes to go outside, or sit/lie down on the sofa or her bed when she smokes. She has dropped and broken every pipe that's been in her possession. That's why I'm so interested in the more simple "indestructible" portables like the VapCap

I hear you, my mom doesn't like being tied to a power cord either (that's why she didn't like the volcano, and it's semi-portable even)
I just think that if she (my mom) had a log vape, she would use it more than other vapes I've given her, just for its ability to work simply and easily. She didn't like the Air because of the short battery life, which made me think she'd love the Vapcap due to torch power, but when the torch decides to be finicky the difference is I'll take the time to fix it, she'd just assume go combust.

Good luck in your search bro, Vapcap is a sweet vape I think. I love plugging it into a 14mm joint.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Alexis

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
What about the Project by @Pipes?

If battery life is an issue just get more 18650's or a bigger mod.

If you set it all up for her then it just becomes a case of load up and hit the button.

The Splinter by RBT isn't out yet but is a similar concept.

GreenHopper,
Reactions: Alexis

little maggie

I'm not a butane fan-even though I keep buying them so don't understand what makes the essence complicated to use. But you might also check out the flam which is butane made by the same person who makes the tubo.
I bought the vaporgenie as my first vape and never could figure out how to use it. Same with the vapman. Easiest to use are the vapcap, and probably the bricks because I have the early version of them. There is a German company making some interesting versions of the lily that are different shapes and some seem fairly small.

little maggie,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I'm not a butane fan-even though I keep buying them so don't understand what makes the essence complicated to use.

Essence is even easier to combust with than the VapCap.

Its not for new users in my opinion.

She likes to go outside, or sit/lie down on the sofa or her bed when she smokes. She has dropped and broken every pipe that's been in her possession. That's why I'm so interested in the more simple "indestructible" portables like the VapCap
I second the Genie series my OG classic black Genie is still alive and usable after 7 years. I've had about 4 other models and it's definitely the only butane units Im planning on keeping.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
How well does the Coil perform compared to the OG? Both look equally durable, but the coil in particular reminds me of my mom's tendency to gravitate toward chillums - it looks almost exactly like you're smoking one!

Marihuana,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
How well does the Coil perform compared to the OG? Both look equally durable, but the coil in particular reminds me of my mom's tendency to gravitate toward chillums - it looks almost exactly like you're smoking one!
Coil works but angle sucks you'll have to point a torch flame directly at face.

I recommend the Hand carved model. Coil more often than not isn't an acceptable only vape. I consider the coil to be for water pipes.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: Marihuana
Im sure there's an answer to this but I cannot find it so apologies if this is redundant.

Can the dynastash er xl hold spare components (mainly a spare stem and/or cap) in its other chamber/compartment? What about just the plain xl (or non-xl) models?

Thanks

greezygekco,

little maggie

Im sure there's an answer to this but I cannot find it so apologies if this is redundant.

Can the dynastash er xl hold spare components (mainly a spare stem and/or cap) in its other chamber/compartment? What about just the plain xl (or non-xl) models?

Thanks

little maggie,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom