• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Busted!

samantabha

climbing the mountain of the mind
Company Rep
Well, I haven't been on FC for a while.... I've been working really hard on my business plans and also just working hard. But I just had to stop by tonight.
I spent part of my day in handcuffs while the Omaha police searched my car. Yeah! I got to be a soccer mom - turned - criminal today. They found about 3 oz of of beautifully wrapped weed, some gummies and chocolates (damn I could go for one now) and some cbd patches.
And you know why I was stopped? For a WARNING that I had been driving to close to the vehicle ahead of me. What a total crick of shit. It was pure profiling (I have Wisconsin plates) and invasion of privacy.
I'm seeing a lawyer tomorrow.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Samantabha, Do you have your mmj certification?

EDIT
This world is so crazy with these idiotic laws regarding cannabis. That would be wise to get a lawyer as soon as possible.

Last edited:

samantabha

Company Rep
No. The police also took my folder with my business plans (my Canadian partner and I are opening a lounge for mmj patients in Toronto), all of my business cards a (my own and the ones from contacts made at the convention for mj startups i attended) AND my 40th anniversary edition of High Times.
I did use the unfortunate incident to educate them as to value of vaping to control dosage and why certain ratios of THC to CBD are more effective. In addition I asked all the officers present to fight for legalization.
As they were forced to issue me only a citation, I think they were embarrassed a bit because they tried to he really nice to me after their unsuccessful "drug raid" .Come on....Three fucking ounces??? (I don't usually swear)
I will get a lawyer and write articles and letters and sue their dept if I have to. I asked them to please use my cell phone to take a picture of me in handcuffs up against the car. That would have been a sweet shot.
My angle on an article will be: this is how tourists to Nebraska are treated.

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Bastards! I had a feeling last night that something may have happened with you in relation to the cops, i'm glad it was just minor! Either way my advice was going to be 'It is what it is, move on and be at peace with it :)'
Glad to hear from you as well Sam, hope all is well in your world! FC misses you greatly :)

CarolKing

The cannabis laws in Nebraska aren't too strict, thank goodness. I was just checking onLine. I'm glad you don't live in Texas or Florida. You'd be screwed with 3 oz. They'd throw away the key.

You are out all that product. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm sure you must of been frightened.

EDIT
A crusader for the cause to the very end, handcuffs and all. Deja Vu is right. You just acknowledge what happened and move on. There's nothing you can do about it now. Just try to make things better with a lawyer. I'm so glad the laws are so easy on the cannabis community in Nebraska. Hopefully the cops screwed up and they can throw it out.

Last edited:

samantabha

Company Rep
Thanks, Carolking. We chose Nebraska for that reason. I was scared shit less at first and then when I realized we'd definitely be subject to the dog (a big black playful one named Zeke) a strange calm came over me. Oh, I may go to jail. Ok, I think, I can write about this.
My boyfriend was treated badly. They kicked him and they twisted the handcuffs on in a way that caused his hands to go numb.

samantabha

Company Rep
Deja Vu!!! How are u???? (Will send a more personal note later)

And everydayamnesiac....I think I'm getting a tiny glimpse of some of the horrors so many other innocent people have been subjected to.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Deja Vu!!! How are u???? (Will send a more personal note later)

And everydayamnesiac....I think I'm getting a tiny glimpse of some of the horrors so many other innocent people have been subjected to.
I'm good, love. You just inbox me at your convenience :) I'm always here, haha.
Just focus on getting through this little mishap! Have your kids asked any questions yet? I think it's time for the 'Santa Clause AND freedom in america are made up :( ' chat.

samantabha

Company Rep
The cannabis laws in Nebraska aren't too strict, thank goodness. I was just checking onLine. I'm glad you don't live in Texas or Florida. You'd be screwed with 3 oz. They'd throw away the key.

You are out all that product. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm sure you must of been frightened.

EDIT
A crusader for the cause to the very end, handcuffs and all. Deja Vu is right. You just acknowledge what happened and move on. There's nothing you can do about it now. Just try to make things better with a lawyer. I'm so glad the laws are so easy on the cannabis community in Nebraska. Hopefully the cops screwed up and they can throw it out.
Excellent advice. It's possible I may be able to get out of this but I'm just going to do my best, expect little and continue to take every opportunity to help end this insanity.
To this end (and I hope the DEA and the Omaha police read our business plan because it's full of hope for hurting people) I'm determined to go full ahead with creating our safe entertainment space for mmj patients in Toronto.

samantabha

Company Rep
Then I'm not standing down. It's WRONG. The police officer (the one sure he had his 'Breaking Bad') asked me "do you have marijuana in there?"
"No" (like I'm going to say yes?!)
"Do you have cocaine in in there?"
I stare at him like he's out of his mind
"No!"
"Do you have heroin in there?"
"NO"
"Do you have methamphetamine in there?"
By this time I think he's not only completely insane, but I'm disgusted to an nth degree
"NO!!!" and I glare at him.
"Oh" and now he's all excited, "so you think marijuana is ok?"
Well, the gig was up. I turned to him and simply said,
"Yes, I do".

OvaDaBong

Im from Australia and if i was caught with "just" 3 ounces in my car i would be arrested, taken to the police station, front a magistrate, prove i have no intent to distribute, loose my right own firearms and most likely be fined heavily or have to pay a lawyer a hefty fee to help me out. Our laws are getting better with time as cops see the average smoker as a lesser criminal and not worth the paperwork if your caught with a "small" amount but that is all up to the officers discretion. I cannot wait for the day that just like in the US states of Colorado and Washington one can simply buy herb with ought fear. I do hope there are no serious consequences for you and that you get your dispensary up and running

Reflections

CarolKing

Many of us can identify with your situation. Maybe not arrested that is. It's something that plays out in the back of our heads every time we go get our medicine.

I bought a CVault, so I'm not dealing with the smell. I'm sure the officer's nose was alert to that smell of that aroma of skunk.

I've also missed seeing one of the few girls on FC. The numbers are growing.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since your partner is from Toronto then you know that cops here tend to confiscate and let you go with a warning because the courts don't want to deal with simple possession charges. Three ounces is rather a lot, though. It's enough to get charged with trafficking and if you got the wrong cop you could be in serious trouble.

Good luck in your business venture and let us know when it opens. We can always do with another lounge (even though I've only ever gone that one time).

samantabha

Company Rep
Thanks so much to everyone here for the highly informed input! I will investigate all angles. I spoke to two lawyers from Nebraska this morning and also called the Sarpo County's attorney's office. Looks like my paperwork won't go through until this Friday so we'll look over documentation (police report and video footage) next week. I wasn't satisfied with the first lawyer, but the second was really good. Dan focuses 100% on marijuana cases, specifically people being hit from out of state. When I called, I barely had to finish the first sentence before he said "They targeted you". My offense is possession of marijuana more than 1 oz but less than 1 lb. Since the cops only wrote a ticket and let us go, it's most likely that this ticket can be reduced to a plea bargain for an under 1oz violation ($300). Dan can represent me and neither my boyfriend nor I will need to appear in Nebraska. If that doesn't fly then we show up and file a motion to suppress the evidence, the result of which will be most likely that the case is thrown out. Basically we show that there wasn't enough for the cops to have probable cause. If it does go the higher misdemeanor, then we pay a higher fine but don't worry about felony. The worst possible outcome would be 90 days jail time, a felony record, etc. But it's not likely. Dan told me that they could send out the candies to be tested for hash, which is an automatic Class 4 felony. They probably won't do that because of high number of cases and expense. I'm really glad now that I didn't buy any hash or concentrates! Everything pretty much depends on the prosecution. If they are (as my boyfriend says) "dickheads" they could turn this into a huge cause.
I guess I'm wondering now: what if we just don't go back to Nebraska?

MinnBobber

So sorry to hear this.
It really hits home with me as my CO meds are running low and I'm thinking about a trip to CO. I'm in MN so Nebraska would be the normal route. This makes me very worried/ nervous. I would never buy on the street and thought CO pickup would be almost totally safe---wrong.
It really sucks for you . Hope they throw it out.
I can't believe they could take your personal belongings, based on what??

Gunky

The profiteering response of the cops in states surrounding Colorado is very annoying. Highway robbery. I used to travel about the west with a little bit on hand to help me stay functional. Not so sure any more. My brother lives in Colorado but I am hesitant to visit these days with my CA license plate.

Top Bottom