Burning lungs from vaporizing weed.

Wesertron86

Hi fuck combustion. Please help. Im a 31 year old male who has been smoking cannibis from 17-28. Then changed to vaporizing.
But over the past few years i get really bad inflamation and a burning sensation in my upper chest right side after vaping.
When i stop the vape it gets better but always come back eventually.
More oftern now and faster
Its the vapor inflaming my lungs. ? I use a warter filter and dont hest up past 180. Its really worrying me now and i need help.

Wesertron86,

VapurrDo

thc is an irritant of the lung maybe thats why? have you tried lower thc/higher cbd strains?? maybe hydrate more during and after vaping... but since you have vaped for 3 years, i bet you would have get used to THC's irritating side.... since the pain always comes to the right upper lung it might be something more specific

VapurrDo,

Wesertron86

Yea tried hydrating inbetween and during vaping.
The pain comes from my right side of my chest just a few center meters from my breat bone.
Can the thc be inflaming the airways and lung lining. ?
It happened about 2 years ago went away for a year then came bk 6 months ago. Then went away for a month now back sooner. ?
Dont know what to do :(
Please help

Wesertron86,

Wesertron86

Thanks squiby. I have had a few cheak ups and my lungs seem fine and my heart seems ok.
What sort of conditions are you thinking off please ?

Squiby

What sort of conditions are you thinking off please ?
I have no idea, but it seems prudent to be checked out from a medical perspective.

I am a severe asthmatic and have very sensitive lungs. Smoking weed was always problematic for me and initially vaping caused problems as well. Several elements came together that allowed me to vape without irritating my throat and lungs.

Device. All my vapes caused tightness, coughing and irritation until I stumbled upon the Vapcap. Many techniques, heating temps and loading options creates a plethora of results and the Vapcap versatility can provide a smooth vapor that is totally nonirritating.

Filtration. I place a degummed hemp fiber filter between two screens in my Vapcap herb chamber. The filter prevents tiny particulates from entering the vapor path and therefore prevents any irritants from entering my lungs. A filter makes a huge difference in the quality and smoothness of the vapor. Here's how I make mine.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-dynavap-vapcap.24345/#post-1115563

Toking technique. Try a mouth pull technique. Cover the carb if you have one to create a tighter air resistance. Pull the vapor into your mouth like you would when puffing on a cigarette or cigar or pulling a milkshake through a straw. Near the end of the pull, open or feather the carb to bring the last of the vapor into your mouth along with that pulse of fresh carb air, then open your mouth, remove the Vapcap and inhale the vapour and fresh air into your lungs. Exhale. Repeat.

Take short mouth pulls versus long tokes and incorporate fresh air to cool and smooth out the vapor.

If you have throat or Lung irritation, one or all of these methods may be helpful. Please try them....they were a game changer for me.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Wesertron86 you didn't mention what vaporizer you are using? Lower temps and water filtration using a bubbler is what most of us suggest. Some really like using warm water. A nice large glass of ice water on the side as well is a must.

How often are you vaporizing? If it's all day that could be a problem. What about strains of cannabis? Are you using concentrates? Some cannabis and concentrates are a bit harsh on the lungs. I also thought about cannabis that is unhealthy such as with mold or heavy metals. We vaporize to improve our lives. If something is making you feel bad don't do it or cut down on it.

Did you have a problem when you smoked cannabis? That's way worse on the throat and lungs.

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@Wesertron86 you didn't mention what vaporizer you are using? Lower temps and water filtration using a bubbler is what most of us suggest. Some really like using warm water. A nice large glass of ice water on the side as well is a must.

How often are you vaporizing? If it's all day that could be a problem. What about strains of cannabis? Are you using concentrates? Some cannabis and concentrates are a bit harsh on the lungs. I also thought about cannabis that is unhealthy such as with mold or heavy metals. We vaporize to improve our lives. If something is making you feel bad don't do it or cut down on it.

Did you have a problem when you smoked cannabis? That's way worse on the throat and lungs.

All sound advice,Just to add to this:
  1. Cold water will cool the vapor if it's the heat irritating your throat and lungs
  2. Warm water reduces the arid dryness of vapor if that is what is irritating your throat and lungs
Also some folk like to spray their crop with pesticides so it could be a tertiary factor that's causing you discomfort.

Are you in a position to rule out the materials upbringing (i.e. do you know how it was grown).

Also as others have asked, what vape are you using and at what temps? It gives us a clue as to what type of vapor you are currently experiencing.

How often are you using it?

What is your ambient temperature and relative humidity (rough guess).

How well cured is your bud?

Wesertron86

Im using the arizer solo 1.
The straight pipe most times as it is more stealth than the bubbler. But when im home i use the bubbler. The warfer attachment meant for the pinical pro with a 14mm addapter.

I do save the oils up in both pipes. Maybe thats a contamination. ?
I only go vetween level 2-3 4 at a push.
And when my chest/lungs are bad i only vape once a day. But i was vaping 1-2 timez in the morning and same in the evening after work.
Maybe on the weekends 5-6 times at a push.

Is this too much. Should i be having a break every week for a few days to let things recooperate. ?

I only vape stuff i can get my hands on as its forbidden in england where im from. :(

I always leave my bud out to dry a bit before vaping aswell.

Wesertron86,
Reactions: kushkush

guipesa

Hi I also had similar problem chest and back pain when I perform deep strokes and throat irritation when inal first to the mouth, I think it is due to the condensation of the oil vapor is sticky and negatively affects the mucosa

CarolKing

Sounds like you are doing things pretty normal. The temp is low and I have a Solo myself and have always loved mine. Living where cannabis is illegal so your options are narrowed. We've all been there in illegal country and many are in your situation.

I guess just keep your temps low. Maybe a 48 or 72 hour break or maybe longer?

I don't know if its necessarily your vaporizer?
None of us are medical professionals and you said you already went into the doctor. You haven't vaped super high temps either you said.
Good luck.

Wesertron86

Thanks for the advise guys.
I was reading a thread about bronchitis and it says that u will experience a burning sensation in your chest.
Could the vapor be causing bronchitis and the burning pain is coming from that.
And because i have not given it a proper good rest it comes back faster each time ?
Thays the only think i can think off.

Wesertron86,
Reactions: kushkush

chris 71

The single best thing i found for irratation i was experiencing with my solo, was to put a very thined out peice of organic cotton ball in the stem near the mouth end. This helps stop small partical s getting throungh and into your lungs. I found this helped more then running it through water . i also use the hamster method this way i get a little more convection because the material dosent make contact with the oven floor. I was very surprised how much the cotton helped . i just used cotton balls that are used for make up removal. You just pull a small bit off a ball and spread it apart only need a tiny amount. It gets glued into place after a few times because of the vapor resin

cobra505

Defined
I got the same problem. I smoke also. Was in the hospital overnight for what they called a expanded COPD episode. Almost knocked me on my ass. I usually vape my Davinci IQ @ 390 for 5min but know more after that one, can't handle it. I'm knocking it down to 365 buying a bubbler attachment for it and keeping a nice glass of cold water with me when I vape now.
I've never heard about the lower THC method or using Filters but it you think of it and if you ever smoked it makes senses. I'm a MM patient. so usually when I purchase I try to get the highest THC I can get.

CarolKing

The single best thing i found for irratation i was experiencing with my solo, was to put a very thined out peice of organic cotton ball in the stem near the mouth end. This helps stop small partical s getting throungh and into your lungs. I found this helped more then running it through water . i also use the hamster method this way i get a little more convection because the material dosent make contact with the oven floor. I was very surprised how much the cotton helped . i just used cotton balls that are used for make up removal. You just pull a small bit off a ball and spread it apart only need a tiny amount. It gets glued into place after a few times because of the vapor resin
I just would worry about ingesting a bit of cotton in my lungs. The cotton idea is a good one though as long as it is far enough away from where you are taking your draw from. What about putting a little water on the cotton? Just a thought.

Last edited:

chris 71

I got the same problem. I smoke also. Was in the hospital overnight for what they called a expanded COPD episode. Almost knocked me on my ass. I usually vape my Davinci IQ @ 390 for 5min but know more after that one, can't handle it. I'm knocking it down to 365 buying a bubbler attachment for it and keeping a nice glass of cold water with me when I vape now.
I've never heard about the lower THC method or using Filters but it you think of it and if you ever smoked it makes senses. I'm a MM patient. so usually when I purchase I try to get the highest THC I can get.

just curious cobra are you a long time smoker ? cannabis and tabbaco ? or just cannabis ?

it really amazes me how many of these threads do come up with people having trouble with vapor irritation . i have an uncle that is a hard core cig smoker no weed. and work with lots of smokers and sometimes i really wonder why they seem to be breathing easier then me lol and i dont smoke cigs and havnt smoked any cannabis for like a few months now .
just vapor . and even before that last time i smoked ., it was only on a rare occasions . been vaping since 2012 with a long history of smoking weed before that .

i like to think that vaping is easier on the lungs then smoking , and im pretty confident that it is . its pretty easy to tell the difference from the shit smelling crap left in a pipe or roach or bong . from the nice smelling honey resin left in a vape stem . maybe some of the reason for these types of threads is because of weed particals being inhaled compared to cig smoking with most cigarettes having a filter .

I just would worry about ingesting a bit of cotton in my lungs. The cotton idea is a good one though as long as it is far enough away from where you are taking your draw from. What about putting a little water on the cotton? Just a thought.

hi carolking , i guess i should have explained a little more how i do it to make sure i dont inhale any cotton .
you just have to be careful , i put the cotton in using a tooth pick or something . and try to make it as evenly placed a possible , so that i dont have one spot that is thicker then another .

i also blow though the stem gently from the mouth end so the cotton moves up toward the bowl end . and then reverse and blow through the bowl end back toward the mouth end i use my finger to make sure i dont blow it right out lol . i do this a bunch of times until im satisfied its placed well and wont get sucked into my mouth .
also for the first few bowls i make sure i inhale real easy . it gets glued into place relatively quick from the vapor resin . once it is , there is no longer any worry of it moving . and it can stay there for quite a long time .. eventually i pull it out with a tooth pick or long needle or something . i have used many different bongs and bubblers , of all varying shapes and sizes with and with out water hot and cold . and for me this works much better . im not sure why , but it just does .

little maggie

I've had a similar problem probably because I have COPD. For me one of the major contributors has been the vape I'm using. Even with a bubbler some are difficult for me. The solo was one of the ones that caused coughing. Too much draw resistance for me with my lungs. I understand that the newer solo doesn't have the issue.
Is there some way that you can try a friend's vape to see how it feels?

little maggie

If draw resistance has been an issue for you causing any type of discomfort you could always look into NewVape's FlowerPot Showerhead vape. Possibly the first truly resistance free, thick vapor filled draws on the market. It is an amazing device and will knock your socks off.

The FP changes everything, only you can't put it in your pocket. On second thought you could put it in your pocket if you had huge pockets. :D

I've looked at it. .
Seems too complicated for me. But may be an option for the starter of this thread.
I use the VB box which is incredibly simple and is the only vape I've found so far that I can use without water and not cough

little maggie,

BudCrow

I have the volcano digit. I do get some of these problems if I vape past 190 - which I do and according to the medical need at the time sometimes it's important to vape at higher temps. (That's a different thread)

The other day I tried RSO for the first time (FECO - full spectrum oil). Other then getting knocked out for a few hours what I noticed afterwards is that one of my sinus's that has always been part blocked is suddenly operating normally for the first time in my life. On top of that I noticed that if I vape at the higher temps I get less irritation. I would suggest that if you can get hold of FECO, RSO or whatever you want to call it, there seems to be proof out there that it's capable of sorting out Asthma or sinus related issues. I can get tightness in the chest, since the RSO it's definitely less and in general I feel that I can breathe better. I can only recommend. I know it's hard in the UK but it is possible.

My vaping habits are exponential

1st 177 - 195 (depending on the strain)
2ns 177 - 195
3rd 195 - 210
4th 210 - 210
5th 226 -230
6th 230

I use a normal sized bag. The number of bags depends on the water content. 6 seems to be a good number for me.

Anyone attempting to use MM would be good getting the RSO as a health supplement and using vape for fun (lower temps) or panic attack resolution (higher temps)

BudCrow,

little maggie

Absolutely nothing is more simple than the FlowerPot. It is as easy as a bic lighter and a bong. Can't figure out what could possibly be more simple?

:2c:
https://www.newvape.com/vape-essentials/flowerpot-twax-vaporizer
Aside from cost there are so many pieces I wouldn't even know what to buy never mind how to use it.
Don't want to stray from the thread so for those who don't see this as complicated would it be mild for someone who is dealing with burning lungs?

little maggie,
Reactions: muunch

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
If you're getting started from absolutely nothing (no controller, no coil) you just need to buy the following:

-9089 or 9190 (depending on personal preference)
-3031 or 3042 or 3038 (depending on your bubbler size)

and I highly recommend the enail handle (2943)

It's the best, least irritating vaporizer I've ever used. Even though I'm using more material than I was previously (not that it's less potent, but DAMN it's fun)

Last edited:
muunch,

little maggie

If you're getting started from absolutely nothing (no controller, no coil) you just need to buy the following:

-9089 or 9190 (depending on personal preference)
-3031 or 3042 or 3038 (depending on your bubbler size)

and I highly recommend the enail handle (2943)

It's the best, least irritating vaporizer I've ever used. Even though I'm using more material than I was previously (not that it's less potent, but DAMN it's fun)
Seems like a lot of parts. But not sure these are for just herbs as opposed to concentrates which I don't use and which might not be great for a beginner.

Otherwise I agree with some of the suggestions: after you heal a bit of hemp or something to make sure all you're getting is vapor and maybe try a vapcap M which is the least expensive vape you can buy to try. Even if you don't want to use butane it would help you identify whether the solo is contributing to the pain. (Although I do cough with the vapcap. I'm finding whips help me so the tubo portable and the wB box help me a lot).

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: muunch
Top Bottom