Bump this thread if you're VAPED now!

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
Usually don't really take big dabs like this but I wanted to see what it was like with some really clean rosin. Probably about .2 but i didnt weigh it. I'm higher than I've been in months :o.

7vf03g8.jpg

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
@Enchantre wow wow wow wow! What a fun time meeting you and your hubby today! I only wish we could spend some more quality time, but it was still the highlight of my weekend and so much fun to finally meet one of my FC friends out in the real world.

I adore that grower's mixed up oil. I'm guessing that is a multi-strain "kitchen sink" run? Two vapman's of that between three concentrate screens, then some of my new Violator Kush flowers I picked up on the way home to clean out the bowl so I could finish the afternoon with that Dutch Treat kief/ice hash. So yummy.

It was a long day: breakfast out with the wife, then my fine metalsmithing class where I finally felt like I almost have some confidence with my newbie skills. I learned to make a ring and most of how to set a stone. There's a bunch more work to be done to finish these during open studio time this coming week, but I'm even proud of these rough and partially completed pieces just because I'm amazed that I made them.

......some hours later.......

Wife woke me up from my living room cot I set out to watch a TV show. Turns out I didn't make it 15 minutes in before I was asleep. Whatever combo of cannabinoids I had this afternoon, I need that at night but definitely not in the day!

Here's a photo of two pieces I worked on today: my first ring and my first stone setting: the rugged alternate gardening wedding ring for myself and a lapis pendant for my wife. I will finish these up this coming week during open studio time.

pAbUWWw.jpg

killick

But I like it!
Nice looking pieces! Did you start with blocks of metal and melt them down? Or do they start you off with more malleable pieces to work without heat? It's nice to watch things form and take shape!

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
@killick We are using sterling silver and sheet metal, wire, etc., but we started with copper and brass to learn the techniques. Most of the materials can be bought "half hard" which is well, halfway between fully annealed and fully work hardened. But once you start braising/soldering or hammering, you end up taking the material back and forth between soft and hard as you work it.

The lapis stone sits on 18 gauge sterling silver sheet metal. The silver ribbon used for the setting is actually fine silver which is more malleable for working it around the stone to lock it in there (but, as you can see, I'm not to that part yet).

This class ends next week, but I'm in the process of scheduling a casting class asap, as I am really wanting to learn to work with molten metals, mold making, etc. But you need all the basic skills first.

What I'm struggling with right now is looking for a few small hand tools, as I would rather buy a small set of professional quality specialty pliers and cutters than a larger student kit of lower quality tools. It seems like there are either the dirt cheap Harbor Freight tools (or slightly more expensive rebranded tools of the same low quality) or the professional and perfectly precise European or American made tools that cost so much more. But for this work, if I'm going to spend actual money, I'm going to go slow and buy the nice stuff as I need it and can afford it. I'm going through all my tools (a job that has not actually been done since moving a year ago) to find what I already have that is suitable for some of this work.

Here's the set of pliers I am going to get and then make do with what I have or can locate at estate sales in the near future: http://amzn.com/B005IZ16PK

I can only imagine they will be a joy to work with, as I'm sure a German made tool designed for fine metalsmithing work will probably function with the precision of a Porsche stick shift knob, but a bit more affordable. There! I've justified a purchase of $100 worth of pliers: they are cheaper than a Porsche! Ha!

The next ring or stone setting I make, I'll document it better, as you are right that it would be neat to see it go from sheet metal and wire to finished piece.

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
If they are cheaper than a Porsche than you really just havta do it... at least thats what my 'inner guy' says! But on related note the Harbor Freight cheapies really do have their place... thats when you'll find out which tools you use the most, and those are the ones you replace with decent ones, and the ones you find at estate sales and the like. There is nothing more satisfying than having tools just work the way they are intended!

So, for breakfast today I had coffee with 3 shots of frankentinc. Now I'm about to crack the seal on some 'sugar shack budder', mainly cause I've never tried budder *or* sugar shack before. It looks kinda cute, in a crumbly sort of way. Here's hoping I don't muck up another coil :)

(edit) - hey! That was really nice! I haven't exhaled yet, and my leg is tingling :)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
currently on way to MMJ market... Hope to see @CarolKing there... then there is a chance of meeting up with @ChippyMalone later!

I'm going to be very vapped soon
Sorry I missed you guys at the market. I was on FC earlier in the day on Saturday. I didn't read your post until last night. I had some running around to do beforehand, I think I got to the mmj market around 2:30. I left my house around 1:00. I will need to take a rain check.

Some wonderful bargains. To think we may not always have this great benefit thanks to the greed of the law makers of this state. They are planning on fucking up medical cannabis in WA. Last week I spent emailing and calling my representatives. I am worried for medical cannabis in Washington state. This will triple the prices of what I pay, if our representatives get their choice.

Im using some Candy Kush and feeling less tightness in the joints.
@Jared that oil looks wonderful! Great looking honey!!

Last edited:

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
@CarolKing If history is any guide, medical marijuana patients are really good at figuring out ways to continue to do what we do to help each other. If they screw us, we will just figure out some other way to rebadge what we do and keep on doing it.But it sure does look like they are doing their best in Olympia to rake us over the recreational coals for the sake of profits for their exclusive legal cartel. Idiots didn't like an illegal black market, so they created a legal cartel that is three times more expensive and then they wonder why the black market continues to flourish. If they were smart, they'd put a 5 year moratorium on cannabis taxes, make it a complete free market, and let the free market economics work it out.

@killick I've learned my lesson with cheap tools, and now would rather have a small handful of quality tools that work like they should than a truckload of junk that I make do with. But I do have an appreciation for the Harbor Freight quality tool, especially when it is some specialty tool for an unusual job that you need right now but is not necessary for your professional work nor might you ever need it again more than once or twice in your life.

@Enchantre It pleases me to no end to know that someone is vaping with an accessory I made. I'm getting really close to launching these, but want some feedback from a couple others first and I want to offer a few additional products in the line before it goes live. But soon. . . . . .

I slathered my back with @Enchantre 's topical recipe and I can feel a warmth that was not there ten minutes ago. This stuff might be magical!

killick

But I like it!
@ChippyMalone I've been rebuilding my own took collection after a bunch of years of living around. It's like sleeping around, but less communicable diseases. I had a few things, and then I around up inheriting dads last fall. Dad was a tech with Cat and had a huge selection of actual 'made in Canada (and USA)' tools. He got rid of the cheap stuff when he tried and saved all the old stuff, which is now in a seacan, and all ready for unpacking in June worth a bit of luck!

And the vape pen is still working! Just plopped a bit of whatever was in the silicone too jar into it, so it's frankenshatter, but tasty and making things less chatty painwise. That and Classic 80s music on the hotel tv are helping. The Cure always did help!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Picked up The White today at a local dispensary... had to test it when we got home... hmm, works well in the Vapman. Hubby tried it in an ELB w/EVO. he's looking pretty relaxed.

We did the town today! intercity transit for the win, all over the place! walked a lot, too. Feet tired. Need more meds.

Top Bottom