Budget herb vaporizer for microdosing

Hello,

It's my first post here. So hello everyone!

I'm looking for not-that-expensive (up to ~$80-$100) herb vaporizer that can handle smaller doses like one-two puffs every 30mins-1h. Or 0.1-0.2g per session.
One of my friends has a vaporizer (don't remember the name, something with 'titan' in it maybe?) for ~$150. It's made of plastic. Few days ago he told me that he sensed burnt plastic/chemicals during a vape session. That's what scares me a bit. People choose vaping as the healthiest way to consume herbs/concentrates and this thing happens.

So would appraciate the safest one to use.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Hello,

It's my first post here. So hello everyone!

I'm looking for not-that-expensive (up to ~$80-$100) herb vaporizer that can handle smaller doses like one-two puffs every 30mins-1h. Or 0.1-0.2g per session.
One of my friends has a vaporizer (don't remember the name, something with 'titan' in it maybe?) for ~$150. It's made of plastic. Few days ago he told me that he sensed burnt plastic/chemicals during a vape session. That's what scares me a bit. People choose vaping as the healthiest way to consume herbs/concentrates and this thing happens.

So would appraciate the safest one to use.
Welcome to FC! How about a Dynavap VapCap M? The M is only $60 USD, all metal air path, no plastic. You will need a good lighter which DynaVap sells with a starter package. Great little vape which many here use as their daily driver.

John Coaltrain

How much time does this kind of vaporizer need to get proper temperature? Let's say it will be warmed by a small torch lighter. . . .

Depending on the torch you use, anywhere between 4 – 10 seconds (multi-flame torches are by far the quickest).

. . . But what about the electric ones? I won't lie I like them more

You've tried a butane vaporizer? Which one?

I personally don't think you can purchase a safe (and effective) electric vaporizer in the price range you indicated.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
How much time does this kind of vaporizer need to get proper temperature? Let's say it will be warmed by a small torch lighter.

But what about the electric ones? I won't lie I like them more
For your budget there are very few electric vapes that are not plastic, that is not to say there is plastic in the air path. I’m no expert with budget electronic vapes, with the exception of the Vivant Alternate, but in good conscience I cannot recommend that one. Perhaps vapes like the Flowermate or the Starry?

If you raise your budget to $200+ it opens the doors to some high quality vapes that will give you great vapor, great flavor and a nice ritual. Part of vaping is what it takes to turn it on, wait for it to warm up if not instant, loading it, stirring if needed and cleaning the vape. All this plays into what I like to call the ritual and with some vapes the ritual may be more to your liking than others along with the vapor experience and efficiency.

Squiby

How much time does this kind of vaporizer need to get proper temperature? Let's say it will be warmed by a small torch lighter.

Vapcaps are taking the world by storm for a reason; they are the smallest, nearly indestructible, most efficient Vaporizers on the market. You will be astonished how little herb you will need to get you where you're going. All the models are wonderful and are modular, so you can switch up various components. They are lots of fun!

Choose a model based on your person aesthetic and budget. The all stainless steel M is $65. The titanium tipped Vapcaps to from $85 to $105 and the all titanium Omnivap with its adjustable condenser assembly lets you set it and forget it. Omnis start at $180.

These are lifetime vaps. Nothing to break down. They have a simple design that is geniously engineered. They are untethered from the old fashioned battery operated vapes that need battery management cord storage and access to an electrical plug. Whereas Vapcaps will operate anywhere and can be heated by just about any heat source, be it a candle, a jet lighter, a campfire stick, a stove element, a solar heater etc.

If you have a minute, you can load your Vapcap, heat, toke and repeat to finish your load and dump your ABV.

How long does it take to heat a Vapcap. Well, the first heat cycle is the longest with the subsequent cycles being shorter. So, from cold:

A quad jet lighter takes about 4-5 seconds to reach the toking temperature click.

A single jet lighter takes about 10 seconds.

A candle flame up to 30 seconds.

All other methods fall somewhere inbetween.

Check them out

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/vaporizers

The beautiful Vapcap.

https://www.pinterest.de/GonzodaHutt/vapcap-lego-for-stoners/?autologin=true

The thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-1664#post-1357455

Last edited by a moderator:

John Coaltrain

Good time to get a Solo from the Arizer website. Buy any vape, and get an Arizer Air for free. The Solo is $124.99, so you would get both the Arizer Solo and the Arizer Air for $124.99. That's a great deal. I'm tempted. I've never tried the Solo, but I trust @arb judgement.

Good tip, for sure. You could easily sell one of the vaporizers for $100. So in essence you would be paying about $50 (after taxes and shipping) for the one you keep.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Good tip, for sure. You could easily sell one of the vaporizers for $100. So in essence you would be paying about $50 (after taxes and shipping) for the one you keep.
This tipped it for me. I'll never sell the second one, but knowing I could makes me feel like it's not an irreversible error, which is my guideline for any purchase. The total for both the Arizer Solo and the Arizer Air was $124.99, tax and shipping included. Now I'm going to go feel guilty for spending money, which is a requirement for any purchase. I just won't feel too bad for too long, the deal was so good. I should have no remorse by the time the vapes get here.

https://image.dhgate.com/0x0s/f2-al.../black-white-color-ceramic-coil-donut-wax.jpg

https://image.dhgate.com/0x0s/f2-al...riginal-longmada-mr-bald-iii-ceramic-dish.jpg

https://image.dhgate.com/webp/m/0x0/f2/albu/g10/M01/CF/DB/rBVaWVwSHBWAe0vyAAYjwVfmWyc320.jpg

I've found these atomizers on chinese manufacturers site. The first one seems to be made of ceramic, and two last ones of steel. What do you think about it?
I may have some e-cig box, so I would need only a proper atomizer. Are there any recommendations?

Vaporware

Those are for concentrates. You’ve already got recommendations for a couple of the best dry-herb options under $100 though, and a VapCap is my recommendation too. You could always get an Induction Heater for it later if you didn't like using a torch.

A lot of people come here expecting to get a good dry-herb vaporizer in the same price range as the terrible ones, and fortunately there are a few options we can recommend and a few more coming, but you can look back at previous threads and see that a couple of the most popular answers are “VapCap” and “increase your budget”. That isn’t an accident.

Your friend’s experience is too common in cheap plastic vaporizers, and even some more expensive ones. :disgust:

The Arizer sale seems like a good option too if that’s more your style. If you’re worried about quality and safety though, random cheap stuff from DHGate may not be ideal... ;)

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
The Deal on the Arizer buy a Solo ( or any vape ) and get an Air free, is a great deal. I love the Air. I love the Solo. I love my desktops, but it's nice to be able to go in the yard and enjoy the daffodils, hyacinth' and Irises. A few of the peach trees are blooming, and I don't miss a minute of it when the sun is out, because I can vape in the garden.

John Coaltrain

The Deal on the Arizer buy a Solo ( or any vape ) and get an Air free, is a great deal. I love the Air. I love the Solo. I love my desktops, but it's nice to be able to go in the yard and enjoy the daffodils, hyacinth' and Irises. A few of the peach trees are blooming, and I don't miss a minute of it when the sun is out, because I can vape in the garden.

Lord have mercy! – that sounds divine! This winter in my region seems stubbornly interminable, but the vision your words evoke inspire me with hope of what's eventually to come!

Thank you.

I'll add that such an experience would be somewhat diminished by a budget vaporizer – not by much, mind, but just enough to leave one wanting.

I'm just about to make a decision, but just before that..
Atmos Tyga vaporizer and Atmos Ruva-Dry Herb. They state they are all made of ceramic. Anyone been in touch with one of them?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

But what about the electric ones? I won't lie I like them more
There are definitely some good electric options if torching a VapCap isn't the kind of vaping you want to start with. The ones you're finding on your own don't rate though. Folks here have often tried quite a few so they're comparisons and recommendations are a better indicator of quality and performance than specs on a retail site.

little maggie

I don't use a solo anymore But it is the perfect vape for a beginning User. This deal is amazing. I've never seen one like it before. Even if you decide on a vap cap m(which is $69)I think this deal is too good to pass up.
If you want something that uses a box mod You might check out one of the wood ones like the imp or lil bud that have their own threads.
there are some good things to purchase at DH gate But I don't think vapes are a good or safe option .

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I've ended up extremely happy with the Arizer deal. Two great, high quality vapes at budget vape prices. I alternate between the Solo and the Air, trying to figure out my favorite. So far, my heart is big enough to love them both, in equal amounts, for different reasons. The Solo is a tank, and I know it won't let me down in the cloud department. It works a treat every time I use it. The Air is the same great taste, different package. Smooth flavor, billowing clouds of vapor, fits nice in the hand. O Canada, you did it again. Twice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom