• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Budget, easy to maintain vape recommendation

username_not_found

I've been smoking for the past 4 years or so. Mostly from pipes, however I had the chance to try a volcano while visiting Amsterdam and was completely blown away. I used to smoke primarily at my friends place but I'm getting my own apartment next year and figured getting a vape for the lack of smell would be a good idea. I have a medium tolerance and smoke about once a week.

Criteria (from most to least important):
-My budget is around £150 ($250)
-Easy to maintain
-Can be used in a group
-High efficiency
-Preferably a relatively low learning curve (although I'm willing to compromise on this if it's worth it)
-Portability, style, and stealth is irrelevant

Current ideas (definitely open to suggestions)
-DBV
-Arizer Extreme Q
-Solo
-MFLB
-Vapman
-Grasshopper (not being sold yet but may be for sale in Sept when I move in)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

username_not_found,
Reactions: DDave

grokit

well-worn member
Welcome, @username_not_found!

Forget about the portables, if your planned usage is with a group.

I am a big fan of the 7th floor products (ssv, lsv),
so my recommendation off of your list is easy, get the dbv.

A used or blemished-new ssv is also in your budget, so maybe look into that as well.
:tup:

Last edited:
grokit,

grokit

well-worn member
They are all great vapes, and the dbv and ssv in particular are highly versatile.

If I wanted to mainly vape with a bong/bubbler, the lsv is a good choice. It's a great value, and will offer an all-glass vapor path to your waterpipe. It has some ergonomic quirks however.

If I was mainly interested in the oil kit, I would consider the dbv because it sits flat.

But my favorite for flowers is the ssv. The angle makes it harder to spill your load, and it looks cooler imo. I can leave it on continuously so it's always at the ready (the dbv can be left on as well), and with the aroma top it can be used for therapy when not actively vaping with it. You can also get an oil kit for the ssv.

Also 7th floor has plenty of valuable info on their websites:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
You may also want to add the e-nano to your list.

It is:
- in your budget
-Easy to maintain
-Can be used in a group (though takes smaller loads, so reloading should be considered. Basically, dump out the old, suck a new load into the stem).
-Very high efficiency!
-Has a low learning curve

Thread is huge and growing fast. I'd suggest you check out the first few pages to get an idea about it and the last 20 or so to see where things are now.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/e-nano-from-epicvape.7844/

Just picked up a Vapman and am really liking it, but you may want to scratch from your list. While in your budget, easy to maintain and efficient, it is not easy to use with a group and the learning curve is pretty steep (coming from a pretty well seasoned 5+ year vaper).

Similar issues with the MFLB, although I also have one (for years!). Learning curve not as bad as Vapman, but takes some practice and many seem to give up before they figure it out.

Basically, IME efficient and easy to use in group setting seldom go together. If efficiency is more important definitely check out the nano (best in group setting while being very efficient IMO). MFLB may suit you here too, but you'd probably want a PA (power adapter). If group setting is more important check out the EQ or DBV. Solo is a great starter vape that kind of falls in the middle and has many fans.

Get the impression you're in UK. Think DBV comes in 220v model, and EQ or solo will be OK with 220v, but nano or MFLB will require a power inverter to step down to 120V (or proper 220v battery charger at least with MFLB).

Bouldorado

Welcome, @username_not_found!

Forget about the portables, if your planned usage is with a group.

I am a big fan of the 7th floor products (ssv, lsv),
so my recommendation off of your list is easy, get the dbv.

A used or blemished-new ssv is also in your budget, so maybe look into that as well.
:tup:

when I had my solo I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked in groups. bowl is big enough and there's no wires to get caught on stuff

Bouldorado,
Reactions: ou812?

username_not_found

Thanks for all the replies. The E-Nano looks great but it seems like a hassle to buy an inverter for it.
So the decision is mostly between the Solo, SSV and DBV. The Solo seems incredibly highly recommended throughout the website and I like the idea of being able to move around my apartment a bit more easily. The groups would probably be about 4 maximum so do you guys think the Solo would work for that? Additionally do you think the SSV is worth the extra cost over the DBV?

grokit

well-worn member
I do, but I also think that it's more about personal preference than whether it's worth it or not.

grokit,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Don't want to step on grokit's toes, and I'd probably get the SSV too, but don't think it's worth it for most. I use a DBV a couple times a month and it is fine. Have only used an SSV a few times, but didn't really notice any difference vaping. Looks way cooler and has an upscale, "I'm here to party in style" feel to it, though.

The solo is definitely another great choice. It is pretty foolproof and very easy to pass around. If you decide on this, probably a good idea to get some screens (gauzes?), also. It has a glass screen built in, but little bits come thru. Think the screens used are 1/2", but not sure. Plenty about that on the solo thread - and probably other easy fixes, too.

They're different enough that you should have plenty of criteria to make best choice for you. Let us know what you decide and how you like it.

flotntoke,

username_not_found

Let us know what you decide and how you like it.

Will do, although that will be sometime in September. At the moment I'm leaning toward the Solo mainly because it gives me the freedom to easily vape in different parts of my flat. But I'm going to Holland soon and I believe one of my mates has one so I'll see how it is.

Again thanks for all the help

username_not_found,

username_not_found

One more thing, if I were to get the Solo are there any accessories that you guys think are essential or would vastly improve it?

username_not_found,

Crumpet

One more thing, if I were to get the Solo are there any accessories that you guys think are essential or would vastly improve it?

Check out these guys - stems with improved airflow, stems to pair the solo with a water tool, screens, orings, power supplies, etc. I would recommend using the Solo as it is first, then investigating the accessories as necessary - unless you're sure you want to use it with a water tool right off the bat.

How often would it be more than two people passing it around? I love the solo to death (and most of the time when I use it it's sitting on the couch sharing it with my husband), but I don't know how efficient it would be if you frequently have more than two people using it.

Crumpet,

davesmith

Glass Blower
Thanks for all the replies. The E-Nano looks great but it seems like a hassle to buy an inverter for it.
So the decision is mostly between the Solo, SSV and DBV. The Solo seems incredibly highly recommended throughout the website and I like the idea of being able to move around my apartment a bit more easily. The groups would probably be about 4 maximum so do you guys think the Solo would work for that? Additionally do you think the SSV is worth the extra cost over the DBV?

Sorry to throw this in there but I'm in the UK and buying an adapter was as easy as walking into maplins.

Great advice from everyone. The (sad?) truth is you'll probably end up with more than one. :rockon::doh::rofl:

davesmith,

username_not_found

Check out these guys - stems with improved airflow, stems to pair the solo with a water tool, screens, orings, power supplies, etc. I would recommend using the Solo as it is first, then investigating the accessories as necessary - unless you're sure you want to use it with a water tool right off the bat.
Cheers will definitely look into them

How often would it be more than two people passing it around? I love the solo to death (and most of the time when I use it it's sitting on the couch sharing it with my husband), but I don't know how efficient it would be if you frequently have more than two people using it.
I generally it'll just be 2 or 3 people. I'm pretty sure I'll buy myself another vape at some point

Sorry to throw this in there but I'm in the UK and buying an adapter was as easy as walking into maplins.
In regard to the adapter, I imagine having another thing lying around would bug me, especially because my flat won't be particularly
The (sad?) truth is you'll probably end up with more than one. :rockon::doh::rofl:
You're probably right but I'll start with one and see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
username_not_found,
Top Bottom