Budder by butane only?

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Please bare with me. My question are how many ways are there to make budder? Does it have to be whipped right then, or can it be reheated. Also, I'm wanting to learn to make BHO, yet I want my waste to be minnimal as I will be working on a smaller scale, yet my flower will be AAA. I am by nature a perfectionist, so those of you out there that are like me,,, know what I mean. I NEED to get it right the first time. I'll listen to what anyone has to offer!:)

Jeppy,

SD_haze

If you are a perfectionist, you should know beforehand that budder "goes stale", thereby losing flavor, aroma, and potency, much much much faster than a normal hash oil or hard shatter consistency.
Just takes a few days for it to be real noticeable, and if you're using AAA flowers you definitely want to preserve that hard earned flavor.

The only real advantage of budder is its much easier to handle and transport (altho usually not easier to dab with).

Since you live in norcal you would definitely benefit big time from finding someone who can show you first hand the process and work it step by step. Beginner mistakes with BHO can have some real lame consequences so you're quite right to want to get a firm grasp on it beforehand.

Youtube videos can be a substitute but they don't always know what they're doing either.

SD_haze,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Yes, I saw some videos on Youtube but I can't do it based on a video.

Jeppy,

High Sigh

SG addict
The last person I showed messed his up big time his first solo run.
Im pretty sure these were his mistakes:
uneven packing of tube (low yield)
not enough heat/time on stove (so much butane left)
too much butane sprayed through (he used a whole can for 3 grams and the oil gave him an instant migraine)
If you follow the HMK tech closely nd your a perfectionist it should be hard to mess up

High Sigh,

stroh

errl enthusiast
SD_haze said:
If you are a perfectionist, you should know beforehand that budder "goes stale", thereby losing flavor, aroma, and potency, much much much faster than a normal hash oil or hard shatter consistency.
Just takes a few days for it to be real noticeable, and if you're using AAA flowers you definitely want to preserve that hard earned flavor.

The only real advantage of budder is its much easier to handle and transport (altho usually not easier to dab with).

Since you live in norcal you would definitely benefit big time from finding someone who can show you first hand the process and work it step by step. Beginner mistakes with BHO can have some real lame consequences so you're quite right to want to get a firm grasp on it beforehand.

Youtube videos can be a substitute but they don't always know what they're doing either.

another thing about budder is it often holds residual butane, which is NOT something you want in your end product. thats not to say you cant make fully purged budder, but a lot of the times buddering is due to trapped tane

stroh,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
SD_haze said:

My being a perfectionist, means I should know (what you call facts) without being educated? Also, I just vaped some OG budder that's been in the fridge since 4/20. It tastes fine.

Jeppy,

stroh

errl enthusiast
if you are getting your concentrates from a dispensary, absolutely steer away from budders and waxes, as more often than not they are underpurged products that are made purely for profit, and not for the benefit of the medical user. Most of the concentrates coming out of those shops and collectives are poorly made, and there really should be some form of regulation for dispensaries who produce oil.

Budder degrades faster than harder oils, this is a fact due to the nucleation points of which causes budder's consistency.

i think what SD meant, is that if you claim to be a perfectionist, you would ideally have done a little more research regarding concentrate making. I guess we do not know what you mean, and i can guarantee your first run will be far from perfect, but that is how we learn and improve our tech.

stroh,

SD_haze

Jeppy said:
SD_haze said:

My being a perfectionist, means I should know (what you call facts) without being educated? Also, I just vaped some OG budder that's been in the fridge since 4/20. It tastes fine.

Nono, this is just one of the many misunderstandings we get when we communicate just with text.

What I meant by "you should know" wasnt that this is common knowledge. It definitely is not.
It was just my way of starting an explanation on what you would BENEFIT from knowing

Its a simple fact that budder is more exposed to air than hard oils. More air = more oxidation. Just because your budder still has some flavor doesn't mean it wouldn't have more flavor if it was less exposed to oxidation.

Stroh has a good point, dispensary budder can be really old, so when you are making it yourself, budder isn't as sketchy, as you can keep it in the fridge and whatnot (which I'm sure helps preserve it as you said it tastes fine).
Dispensaries definitely aren't storing their budder at cool temperatures though :/

SD_haze,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
stroh said:
if you are getting your concentrates from a dispensary, absolutely steer away from budders and waxes, as more often than not they are underpurged products that are made purely for profit, and not for the benefit of the medical user. Most of the concentrates coming out of those shops and collectives are poorly made, and there really should be some form of regulation for dispensaries who produce oil.

Budder degrades faster than harder oils, this is a fact due to the nucleation points of which causes budder's consistency.

i think what SD meant, is that if you claim to be a perfectionist, you would ideally have done a little more research regarding concentrate making. I guess we do not know what you mean, and i can guarantee your first run will be far from perfect, but that is how we learn and improve our tech.
My research is far from over! :lol:

Jeppy,
Top Bottom