• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Bubbleman Trinity Tank

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@THC SCIENTIFIC or anyone else who uses the Trinity tank, how thick is too thick for the concentrate going in?

I've mixed in roughly 3-4 drops of some terpenes from True Terpenes/Buy-Terpenes.com into a gram of shatter. Not sure if the dropper is the same size as the one from Blue River, so not sure how the amount would compare.

It now has a consistency of soft serve or a soft peanut butter. It's still thick enough that when I create a "wave" in the concentrate, it will stay like that and not fall down. This is at ~75° F. When I was mixing it at ~105°F, the consistency was definitely runnier, but still fairly thick, and would self level within roughly a minute or so. Still no where near the consistency of what comes in prefilled pens though.

If I warm it when I inject into the tank, and take my time priming the Trinity, would this work?

I know the concentrate near the heater will be warm after a hit and much less viscous. Hoping this can still work as long as I focus on the right technique.

Or should I add another drop of terpenes? Trying to do it right the first time since it's an expensive mistake if done incorrectly.

Thanks for the help. My Trinity tanks just arrived in the mail today, and ready to try them out.

The shatter/terps have been sitting for a few days at this point.

You can see what I have below:

G99YXas.jpg

mephisto

I would add 1 more drop, and then heat gently to fill the tank. I just filled a Trinity with .5 of shatter combined with .4 of CBD crumble. I added 3 drops of the True Terp extract liquidizer, heated gently and got most of it into the tank. At first, the crumble and the shatter did not totally mix, but after adding to the tank they have stayed nicely in suspension. The Trinity feeds this thicker mix just fine. The key is drawing before and after your hits to allow movement of extract to the heater. I tried a "looser" mix with way too much terps in the last Trinity, and the taste was overpowering any potential effects (used abv extract).
I have found a super stealth battery that fires the Trinity perfectly. Thanks to G and the team for bringing this tank to market. I used to try and run the load as you go gear for daily attitude adjustments. Found out that straight extract is not suited for my line of work. Being able to adjust the THC/CBD ratio in a tank setup gives me the chance to have a stealth pen that allows me to hit it as needed without killing my lucid thinking or motor function.
Sorry for the windy response......good luck @Roth

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I would add 1 more drop, and then heat gently to fill the tank. I just filled a Trinity with .5 of shatter combined with .4 of CBD crumble. I added 3 drops of the True Terp extract liquidizer, heated gently and got most of it into the tank. At first, the crumble and the shatter did not totally mix, but after adding to the tank they have stayed nicely in suspension. The Trinity feeds this thicker mix just fine. The key is drawing before and after your hits to allow movement of extract to the heater. I tried a "looser" mix with way too much terps in the last Trinity, and the taste was overpowering any potential effects (used abv extract).
I have found a super stealth battery that fires the Trinity perfectly. Thanks to G and the team for bringing this tank to market. I used to try and run the load as you go gear for daily attitude adjustments. Found out that straight extract is not suited for my line of work. Being able to adjust the THC/CBD ratio in a tank setup gives me the chance to have a stealth pen that allows me to hit it as needed without killing my lucid thinking or motor function.
Sorry for the windy response......good luck @Roth
What kind of CBD crumble do you get? Is it local or something anyone can get?

nosmoking,

mephisto

I would never leave anyone hanging about either question. The power source is available from a U.S retailer, I am too old/lazy/high to figure out how to link. Please pm me for the follow up. Rest assured, it is the smallest, and stealthiest that I have found and it works a charm.
The CBD crumble I have gotten from a U.K. source, fully legal stuff, and also from a U.S. supplier, again fully legal. Please pm me for further info. Thanks for being flexible with my demands, I am computer illiterate by choice.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I added 3 drops of the True Terp extract liquidizer, heated gently and got most of it into the tank. At first, the crumble and the shatter did not totally mix, but after adding to the tank they have stayed nicely in suspension. The Trinity feeds this thicker mix just fine. The key is drawing before and after your hits to allow movement of extract to the heater.

Did you use their VISCOSITY liquifier? If so, I'm curious how it effects the taste of your shatter?

invertedisdead,

mephisto

I do indeed, 3 drops added to .75 and I am set. The taste of my extract seems to be absolutely untouched by the liquidizer. Maybe a hint of initial sweetness not presented by the extract itself......I can't stop hitting this tank/extract. Surely appreciate being able to "cut" the impact of the thc with quality CBD extracts.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
With respect, you keep making that assertion, but based on what? Have you tested this somehow or are you just guessing? IMHO your car analogy is completely off the mark unless you can tell us exactly how a terp mix extracted from cannabis biomass "gets us there" better than the same terp mix compounded from individual terps derived from other plants. What am I missing here?
There are over 200 terpenes found in cannabis. IIRC there's about 56 commonly found. Most cannabis analytic laboratories test for about 14-17 on their standard panel and around 40-44 on a more advanced panel. Backyard chemists mixing up industrially sourced terpenes for cleaning and food flavoring are in no way shape or form mimicing flavor profiles that are present in cannabis and the off flavor notes those terpenes often contain must mean there are other compounds in there besides the same terpenes present in cannabis; blending a few types of terps together is simple, far easier than properly extracting and isolating cannabis terpenes, and those making those blends are the terpene equivalent of unregulated kitchen-brewed e-cig juice manufacturers. They may not be accounting for other constituents picked up in their distillation or other processes, other compounds from material processed to produce those terpenes that may not be present in cannabis terpenes.

I have tried many blended terps and they all, quite frankly, taste like shit compared to even steam distilled terpenes, or CO2 extracted terpene+flavonoid extractions; and none of those other cannabinoid derived terpenes have the layers of flavor complexity as Blue River terpenes.

PS just noticed some in here saying they are using True Terpenes. I must say that multiple True Terpene flavors (one was an isolated single terpene and another a blended flavor) I tried had some of the most unpleasant, chemically flavor notes, and my sensitive throat and lungs found them very, very unpleasant to inhale. I am not saying Blue River is the only way as there are several other companies producing good cannabis derived terpenes, and being in my opinion the upper-echelon of quality when it comes to terpenes they're also up there in price; but please consider actual cannabis derived terpenes even if they are less flavorful such as steam distilled ones, as opposed to backyard chemist produced blends of mass produced terpenes isolated from ? by ?.

Last edited:

Vapology

There are over 200 terpenes found in cannabis. IIRC there's about 56 commonly found. Most cannabis analytic laboratories test for about 14-17 on their standard panel and around 40-44 on a more advanced panel. Backyard chemists mixing up industrially sourced terpenes for cleaning and food flavoring are in no way shape or form mimicing flavor profiles that are present in cannabis and the off flavor notes those terpenes often contain must mean there are other compounds in there besides the same terpenes present in cannabis; blending a few types of terps together is simple, far easier than properly extracting and isolating cannabis terpenes, and those making those blends are the terpene equivalent of unregulated kitchen-brewed e-cig juice manufacturers. They may not be accounting for other constituents picked up in their distillation or other processes, other compounds from material processed to produce those terpenes that may not be present in cannabis terpenes.

I have tried many blended terps and they all, quite frankly, taste like shit compared to even steam distilled terpenes, or CO2 extracted terpene+flavonoid extractions; and none of those other cannabinoid derived terpenes have the layers of flavor complexity as Blue River terpenes.

PS just noticed some in here saying they are using True Terpenes. I must say that multiple True Terpene flavors (one was an isolated single terpene and another a blended flavor) I tried had some of the most unpleasant, chemically flavor notes, and my sensitive throat and lungs found them very, very unpleasant to inhale. I am not saying Blue River is the only way as there are several other companies producing good cannabis derived terpenes, and being in my opinion the upper-echelon of quality when it comes to terpenes they're also up there in price; but please consider actual cannabis derived terpenes even if they are less flavorful such as steam distilled ones, as opposed to backyard chemist produced blends of mass produced terpenes isolated from ? by ?.

I totally agree with you @SamuraiSam :tup:

Even the terpenes derived from industrial hemp are much more vapeable then the blendet bulk terps. They feel much more natural and pleasant on the lungs but of course the taste is not the greatest. 4-6 drops mixed with one ml of tasty concentrate and I have a good sappy oil which I can vape in my Ccell vape pen cartridges or my vaporesso veco tank.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I totally agree with you @SamuraiSam :tup:

Even the terpenes derived from industrial hemp are much more vapeable then the blendet bulk terps. They feel much more natural and pleasant on the lungs but of course the taste is not the greatest. 4-6 drops mixed with one ml of tasty concentrate and I have a good sappy oil which I can vape in my Ccell vape pen cartridges or my vaporesso veco tank.

Quick question those ccell coils use cotton or silicone to make a tight seal?

Vapology

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I Have been testing some C Cell cartridges. I think my 502 will end up going with them for the time being, as they are the best tasting pre-fill option available for purchase to producers like my company. The C Cell cartridge doesn't break down when filled with 20-30% terpene content "HTE" liquids so if they are using silicone it's in a way that it's in minimal contact with the terpene rich oils.

The C Cell is easy to use and repeatable, and does not leak out the bottom. No skill or usage technique is needed to operate, just set your mod to the proper wattage and go. Back to back rips are not a problem, cool down draws aren't necessary. The oils don't seem to get very discolored like many other low quality tanks loaded with high terpene extracts.

The Trinity is slightly more difficult to use with very thin liquids (in between water and warm motor oil viscosity), a bit of skill is needed to operate it correctly. I believe with its design, the thicker the extract, the less leakage particularly when usage style is not correct; but it delivers even better flavor, and about double the cloud production of the C Cell. It's tastier and puts out thicker rips than ANY pre-fill style cartridge I've used, and its ability to be reloaded is fantastic, I have done one full cleaning (after my first load that I vaped down too far and hit "dry" off flavors). Cleaning couldn't have been easier or more effective, and I'm now vaping my third fill of HTE in the Trinity currently. On my second load I simply didn't vape the terps all the way down, once it got to the level of the air holes / feed holes near and inside the "b" logo on the heater chamber, I stopped vaping and just topped up. Going from Maui Waui to GDP the first fill after being topped off tasted like straight GDP :)

I found using less than 10 watts to produce a lot of liquid collection and more 'splattery' hits with liquidy oils. 12-14 watts seems to vaporize more fully, but cool down draws must be on point to prevent eventually sucking up hot, less than vaporized oil.

Any tips on how to prevent excess thin oils from being drawn up and splattering? I have an idea that best way to fix this, is simply mix the terp layer with some thick distillate, but am curious about what tips others have found to prevent too much oil coming through into the heater and being splattered up the air tube.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The power source is available from a U.S retailer, I am too old/lazy/high to figure out how to link. Please pm me for the follow up. Rest assured, it is the smallest, and stealthiest that I have found and it works a charm.

Fuckin A...now I gotta know. I can't help you with age or motivation, but when you're sober, drop a brother a link!

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I've run one tank through the Trinity so far, and my initial impression is a positive one so far.

I added another drop of terpenes to the concentrate pictured in my last post. It was still very thick, and I used a hair dryer to melt and coax the mixture to the bottom of the tank. Once the tank was primed, it fed itself until there was maybe 15% left in the tank. There was a ring of concentrate stuck midway up the tank. I just took a hair dryer to it, and melted it down the sides of the tank.

I kept trying to use TCR mode, with a value of 352, but would have mixed results. Got a few good hits sporadically, but nothing great. I'm using an eVic VTC Mini, not sure what the issue was.

Switched over to straight power mode and was golden from then on. Gave it 12.5W and things were great. Giving power for 3-4 sec, off for 1-2, then back on for 2-3 sec worked very well for me.

Thick, flavorful hits for the entire tank, until the oil level got below the "b" logo. At that point, the flavor started to fall off slightly. Up until then though, there was zero discoloration/darkening of any oil in the tank. It all remained nice and golden.

I'm cleaning the tank now, to tank care of any off flavor. But from this point on, I plan on just refilling the tank when the level approaches the "shelf" that houses the coil. Will have to see how often I do full ISO soaks at that point. Maybe every 2 or 3 refills.

Flavor was better than the prefilled pens I used to get a few years ago. Not sure how if the prefilled these days are any better. I was able to do several back to back rips without an issue.

So far, I much prefer the Trinity over LAYG type pens. Never really enjoyed those too much.

I mixed up another batch of oil, this one slightly runnier than my previous batch in an effort to avoid having to use a hair dryer.

I've yet to try the Trinity in a more challenging environment yet, but I really hope it's the solution I've been looking for. Something discreet like a prefilled pen, but something I can refill with my own mixture not using PG/VG/etc. And it's simple enough that I can share it in a group.

The real test for me now will be how leak proof it proves to be for me.

I've only tried two strain blends from True Terpenes at this point, Durban Poison and Pineapple Express, but I've been pleased with them so far.

Sure, they're not exact matches to the strain, but I find the two I've tried so far to be fairly close. I definitely wouldn't describe them as chemical tasting. They both absolutely resemble the strains and aren't overpowering at the concentrations I'm using them.

They aren't sourced from cannabis, but they're still steam distilled from USA sourced, organic, non-GMO, food grade material.

I have no doubt that Blue River and similar companies are producing a far superior product than someone like True Terpenes. I just can't justify the price. It would cost me nearly the same amount in terpenes as the starting concentrate.

And I understand their cost is high due to starting material. Not faulting them for that. It's just out of my price range. If I could afford it, you can be sure I'd be using it too.

Hell, I'd probably wear a little bit as cologne or something too!

Also, the customer service from True Terpenes has been fantastic. I ordered a sample pack and 2 of my samples leaked in shipment. I notified them, and the immediately shipped out replacements and asked which other strain I'd like a free sample of. Hard to beat that.

Idk, I've been pleased with them and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to another person looking for a less expensive alternative.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@SamuraiSam

Z0jn8iK.jpg

rRSWAib.jpg

I have sent you these images of what some ccell coils look when taken apart.

Some of them use Silicone in place of the cotton.

But this one uses cotton.

yWbQhAf.jpg

The idea is to get rid of designs that use this tech. Because if this is what we need to go back to then the industry won’t move forward.

Last edited:

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@SamuraiSam

Z0jn8iK.jpg

rRSWAib.jpg

I have sent you these images of what some ccell coils look when taken apart.

Some of them use Silicone in place of the cotton.

But this one uses cotton.

yWbQhAf.jpg

The idea is to get rid of designs that use this tech. Because if this is what we need to go back to then the industry won’t move forward.
Thank you G. Do you happen to have any part or model numbers for those carts? They look just a little different from the ones I’ve tested. Still hopeful that you will produce a pre-fill cart for us concentrate producers someday. The Trinity is nearly perfect, if it was a little easier to use and less leak prone, and could be vaped to the bottom instead of about .1g (when the feeder holes become uncovered) it would really be an ideal ultimate tank for high terpene hydrocarbon extracts.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thank you G. Do you happen to have any part or model numbers for those carts? They look just a little different from the ones I’ve tested. Still hopeful that you will produce a pre-fill cart for us concentrate producers someday. The Trinity is nearly perfect, if it was a little easier to use and less leak prone, and could be vaped to the bottom instead of about .1g (when the feeder holes become uncovered) it would really be an ideal ultimate tank for high terpene hydrocarbon extracts.

They are generic tanks we get from China to dissect. Same tanks that are supplied for prefilled and such.

The main reason the Trinity might leak if proper procedure is not followed is because we took out the cotton/silicone.

This is why the tanks on the current market are less prone to leaks. It is because for these parts.

The Trinity takes manufacturing precision to a whole different level because we don’t use silicone or cotton we have to manufacture the SiC to strict tolerances to work.

Now as far as what we have going on there is a leak proof version we will test next week but it is a few months out for production and Has its particular drawbacks.

But all of this can’t be accomplished if the industry still considers tanks like the one I have shown as alright to use and at the same time consider the Trinity a tank not worth the extra cost while not understanding the extra cost goes to better materials and more R&D which produce better and healthier products.

Unfortunately the industry is more interested in renovation not innovation.

Last edited:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
The Trinity is nearly perfect, if it was a little easier to use and less leak prone

Do you happen to know what are causing your leaks? Too many hits back to back/not enough cool down hits? Oil just a little thinner than the Trinity seems to prefer? Something undiscovered?

I haven't experienced any leaks yet, but feel I was just on the edge at one point. I was puffing on it pretty hard for a decent amount of time and didn't do many cool down hits. When I hit next time, I could feel a slight clog in the airway til the heater kicked in. Must have had a little bit of oil pool in the airway.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@THC SCIENTIFIC have you taken apart the liberty v9 tanks? Those don't leak at all and I believe the vapor channel is the reason. It's the only tank in have taken down to low lands and back up without pressure forcing oil out of bottom air holes. I think this should be the direction of all tanks. Tanks shouldn't be leaking.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC have you taken apart the liberty v9 tanks? Those don't leak at all and I believe the vapor channel is the reason. It's the only tank in have taken down to low lands and back up without pressure forcing oil out of bottom air holes. I think this should be the direction of all tanks. Tanks shouldn't be leaking.

I have shown my engineer in China and I don’t want to comment on someone else’s work.

Best way is to take it apart.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
They are generic tanks we get from China to dissect. Same tanks that are supplied for prefilled and such.

The main reason the Trinity might leak if proper procedure is not followed is because we took out the cotton/silicone.

This is why the tanks on the current market are less prone to leaks. It is because for these parts.

The Trinity takes manufacturing precision to a whole different level because we don’t use silicone or cotton we have to manufacture the SiC to strict tolerances to work.

Now as far as what we have going on there is a leak proof version we will test next week but it is a few months out for production and Has its particular drawbacks.

I appreciate your thoughts and look forward to the next iteration/developments to see how the airflow / leaking can be addressed.

But all of this can’t be accomplished if the industry still considers tanks like the one I have shown are considered ok to use while people consider the Trinity a tank not worth the extra cost while not understanding the extra cost goes to better materials and more R&D which produce better and healthier products.

Unfortunately the industry is more interested in renovation not innovation.

As someone working in industry, I can say with confidence that 0/100 concentrate producers in legal states are interested in passing on the best of currently available technology and waiting until something game-changing comes out. Our customers want to purchase pre-fills today, and we want to be filling pre-fills today. We want to use the best quality products available, and we do consider the best options on the market today "ok to use"- even if they're only 6/10 or 7/10ths of the way to what you consider perfection; they're the best out there right now, we can't sit here waiting, so current options are what 100% of concentrate producers will use until some company comes out with a better product.

I've spent the past six months exploring and testing a variety of options (with more than a little insight into vaporizer cartridges thanks, in large part, to experience gained while working with you), and we've decided that the C Cell carts are working so reliably, tastily, and are so simple to use, that we've ordered up a few thousand and will be filing them as soon as they arrive. If a better product were available, we would have gladly spent a bit more to use it, but the market is where it is.

My greatest suggestion and hope would be to see an UP tech pre-fill that combines the attention to detail, care of materials that are trademarks of UP Tech products, to an easy to use and operate cartridge, something just as simple to use and leak-free as a C cell, that you can take several hits in a row from, that you can draw light, medium, or hard, without sucking up unvaporized oil through, because I know it will taste better, and produce serious vapor. It wouldn't have to deliver the fantastic level of performance / vapor production of the Trinity- maybe a sister, or cousin to the Trinity, with power consumption and vapor production perhaps somewhere in between these generic carts you're dissecting, and what the Trinity is capable of... Do that, and many concentrate producers like myself will flock to a quality product, once it is available for us to use. I'll happily dust off my pro-UP Tech soapbox in the same way I evangelized my Hercules for years if you put out a cartridge that is simple to operate and can handle 30%+ terpene content hydrocarbon extracts, I am sure you will gain a good amount of market share.

Do you happen to know what are causing your leaks? Too many hits back to back/not enough cool down hits? Oil just a little thinner than the Trinity seems to prefer? Something undiscovered?

I haven't experienced any leaks yet, but feel I was just on the edge at one point. I was puffing on it pretty hard for a decent amount of time and didn't do many cool down hits. When I hit next time, I could feel a slight clog in the airway til the heater kicked in. Must have had a little bit of oil pool in the airway.
I think it is mostly that I am filling the Trinity with extremely liquidy/runny, terpene rich oils. Just a little bit thicker than water, and a little bit thinner than light weight (5w20) motor oil at 70 degrees.

Here is a video showing the consistency of the high terpene extract I'm loading: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbD5c_7hgfi/

I am fairly familiar with cool down procedures for oil vaporizers with proper airflow (Hercules, Alpha Centauri) so I don't think it's related to my cool down technique, but it might be... I have had best luck draw-wise (and by that I mean how far I can get into a load before I notice the first spatter) by starting with a very light draw, pulsing power (I am using 12 watts on a box mod) for about 4-6 seconds, I pick up my draw strength a little as the heating element heats up (just like I would do on my Hercules), continuing to draw, and pulse again about 4-8 seconds with a higher paced pull. Finger off the button, keep drawing for a few seconds, exhale, and then a few passive pulls to cool down the cart.

I could be doing it wrong, or the thinness of the oil might require very specific technique; I am looking forward to just thickening it up a bit with some distillate, but it will be a while before I can fire up the short path. Gotta build a new lab with a fume hood to put the rotovap under, gonna be a few months before I get there, so I'm trying to make the most of the HTE I've got for the time being.

Last edited:
Top Bottom