1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Bubblegum

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by cityslang, Apr 8, 2014.

1. cityslang

cityslang A taste on the tongue

Does anyone get this strain ever actually smelling of bubblegum?

It either smells earthy and tastes very hash like or fruity and at low vape you get one maybe 2 sweet sensations but not bubblegum to me.

The effects of both types I've had are great a soaring thc euphoria that gets punched out by a heavy indica stone after 30 mins.

I understand that these strains I get are dutch breeders. Is the original available in its homeland of America or clones only.

Anyone rate this for pain relief also I can see how some may find this a bit too much.

CarolKing, Seren and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  2. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I've only had Bubble Gum once. It smelled and tasted just like pink bubblegum, before and while vaping.

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Slightly Stoopid

Same here. It smelt and tasted just like pink bubblegum. I come across it every now and then. Never produces thick vapor for me but always tasty and effective :tup:

CarolKing, Seren, SSVUN~YAH and 2 others like this.
  4. cityslang

Thanks both for clearing it up.
    I'll keep trying it when available to finally get some actual bubblegum flavours.

CarolKing likes this.
  5. syrupy

syrupy fumed

If you can find it B.O.G. makes the very best bubblegum. Close your eyes, and you'd swear you were chewing on some Hubba Bubba or Wrigely's.

CarolKing, sasNW, SSVUN~YAH and 3 others like this.
  6. luckypucky

luckypucky Covered in Peepaws

I recently had some Blue o. g. Bubble and it was pretty amazing... Weird name but I loved it..

CarolKing, cityslang and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  7. HugieLewis

HugieLewis I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion

I have had some bubblegum in the past that was spot on sweet and tasty but its been a looooong time. I remember back in the day a few folks told me that it was a pretty old strain and was originally bred by farmers in Indiana. Hearsay to be sure but interesting if true.

CarolKing, cityslang and Vicki like this.
  8. Seren

Seren Away with the fairies

Funnily enough I had some bubble-gum just a few weeks back - for the first time in years! ..... and you're right @syrupy - it smelt and tasted like Hubba-Bubba :nod: :)

9. cityslang

Damn I must have got the wrong phenos

CarolKing likes this.
  10. meduser#420

meduser#420 Touch it, Feel it.

depends on how it is grown though, when it was picked, how it is dried, etc...

I have grown it indoors and it was a piney fruity flavor, so just saying. My cotton candy though tastes like bubble gum, real sweet and flavorful like that.

cawshook, SSVUN~YAH and Seren like this.
  11. the_cascadian

the_cascadian Well-Known Member

i've always wondered if bubblegum genetics are in bubba kush, because it sure smells like it.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  12. letter never sent

letter never sent reckoner

@the_cascadian I've heard people speculate that Bubba Kush is a cross between Bubblegum and Master Kush based on its smell/appearance.

This is a strain I've wanted to try for a while now. Gotta pick some up soon.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  13. Vapewithfire

Vapewithfire Active Member

I had it one time, in amsterdam at betty boo, it was nearly the best weed i bought there. Bubble gum is the right name, it has something sweet
    A lot of the strains, not all, are some kind of sweet or tasty, but my favourites are:

Purple haze
    Silver haze
    Blueberry

and bubble gum was also a very sweet and good strain.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  14. sasNW

sasNW SmartVape all day

B.O.G (bushy old grower) is the man!! By far my favorite of any seeds/plants I've had. His bogbubble is the best bubblegum strain you can find at this point, since he has had the original bubblegum and made it as good as anyone ever has.

If you really want a tasty strain, find Bogglegum, buy try to find the grape candy pheno. It's my favorite plant I've had or seen period. It's his original bubblegumX northern lights #5(best nl)X one more I forgot at this moment haha. Grown it for 3 years now, and it tastes just like grape bubblegum. Even had co-ops ask me if I use grape flavored molasses during flower without me telling them what it tastes like:D

15. CG420

CG420 Vaporist

Oh man, I had tried the bubblegum strain and as wax.. Wow the flavor is just like hubba bubbas rectangle pink gum. It was better on my Sub at 42 watts. Taste is just outstanding like the smell. The high was like a sativa but had a very stoney effect that you often get from OG. Perfect for gaming. The first time I ever had it and definitely blew me out of the water.

CarolKing, Seren, SSVUN~YAH and 3 others like this.
  16. VaporsVaporizer

VaporsVaporizer On the Stoop

I had some Bubblegum in A'dam once, it was my favorite strain on that trip :D

Seren likes this.
  17. cityslang

The ones I've had have been potent just not very bubblegum ill await some more it seems to have disappeared off the availability radar at the moment.

CarolKing likes this.
  18. letter never sent

letter never sent reckoner

I got some. Not a top shelf cut, but still very well grown indoor. It has a nice sweet smell that is definitely reminiscent of real bubblegum. Great Indica effect, and it's one I can use during the day if I want.

Seren likes this.
  19. CG420

CG420 Vaporist

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:o:drool::uhoh: And then we're back. I wanted to post up some Bubblegum from LA and this one tested at 26.1%. Man let me tell you the smell is just like old fashion 90's bubblegum. The one where you wish there was more flavor to it becauss it was only ever enough to be satisfied with. Can't really explain it any other way. Sweet tasting has an almost citrusy smell but reminiscent of pink bubblegum for sure it had the taste. And man the photos don't do justice. The high is very balanced between sativa effects but more indica feeling. Although that is the case the high lasts for about 2-4 hours depending on how much i end up vaping. Dry mouth is inevitable and eyes get bloodshot after a few rips from the Sub.

20. bigmarv999

bigmarv999 Active Member

[QUOTE="CG420, post: 617408, member:

:o:drool::uhoh: And then we're back. I wanted to post up some Bubblegum from LA and this one tested at 26.1%. Man let me tell you the smell is just like old fashion 90's bubblegum. The one where you wish there was more flavor to it becauss it was only ever enough to be satisfied with. Can't really explain it any other way. Sweet tasting has an almost citrusy smell but reminiscent of pink bubblegum for sure it had the taste. And man the photos don't do justice. The high is very balanced between sativa effects but more indica feeling. Although that is the case the high lasts for about 2-4 hours depending on how much i end up vaping. Dry mouth is inevitable and eyes get bloodshot after a few rips from the Sub.[/QUOTE]

Do you mind telling me which dispensary you picked that up from? I ran across this strain a few months ago for the first time ever. I thought there was something wrong or that it had been altered some how since it just smelled like actual bubble gum. It had no trace at all of the usual aromas you get.

21. AlexisSmith67

AlexisSmith67 Member

I've never had a cool tasting bud :( The closest Ive tried is one that kind of tasted like mushrooms LOL :cry:

22. Seren

Seren Away with the fairies

lol @AlexisSmith67 ...... are you sure it wasn't just mouldy!!?? ;) ..... I thought you guys had really dank bud over there in Canada??

23. Skeena

Skeena Standing stone faced like a statue.

I never trusted these strains where they smell un natural. This one dispensary has this strain called root beer and I find it hard to believe that the smell is naturally occurring

24. syrupy

syrupy fumed

They make these lame flavorings that get added late in flower. Maybe to cover up the chemical taste with a tastier chemical. That said, with all the breeding going on, I'm amazed at some of the flavor mixes that strains have. But it's more subtle than being hit over the head with GRAPE FLAVORING.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors