Bubble Hash making Tips

sea dog

i make BH out of trim. I press buds.
I run my machines 50 times in a day.
Even slowing down the draining is a big problem !
Just because someone does something does not mean I will do it.

sea dog,

sea dog

A tiny bit of plant matter will plug it - like a leaking zipper.
The washer with the spinner has a valve on the drain.
There is a plunger on it and it does not open far.
This may work on machines with just the washer - I don't use those.
Pic of valve
https://imgur.com/6tJwZv9

Last edited:
My little cheapo does not have a valve or anything. Just a hose to drain it. The holes the water passes through to drain are pretty big (probably 1/4" or so) and the hose is 1/2".

That's why I use my work bag AFTER the drain.

I really like your method and your washing machines way better, However, I only make bubble hash about once a year so I'm not sure it's worth upgrading. Your machine appears to have a real drum inside so the work bag probably sits right against it and goes around with the tub. My cheapo is just a bucket with an agitator and then it drains. LOL

This is not my exact model but it is similar (no spin)

s-l1600.jpg

How much do one of your washing machines with spin cost?

I am making some bubble this weekend and then making beer so I will have plenty of questions for you (if you don't mind). Put on your 'tolerance' cap because I am pretty fucking stupid and it is very slightly possible that my questions might invoke just a tiny itty bit of anger and/or frustration. So many of my posts seem to do that. LOL

Thanks again for all the input.

Hackerman,

fredsssssss

A tiny bit of plant matter will plug it - like a leaking zipper.
The washer with the spinner has a valve on the drain.
There is a plunger on it and it does not open far.
This may work on machines with just the washer - I don't use those.
Pic of valve
https://imgur.com/6tJwZv9
ah thanks for the pic!

My little cheapo does not have a valve or anything. Just a hose to drain it. The holes the water passes through to drain are pretty big (probably 1/4" or so) and the hose is 1/2".

That's why I use my work bag AFTER the drain.

I really like your method and your washing machines way better, However, I only make bubble hash about once a year so I'm not sure it's worth upgrading. Your machine appears to have a real drum inside so the work bag probably sits right against it and goes around with the tub. My cheapo is just a bucket with an agitator and then it drains. LOL

This is not my exact model but it is similar (no spin)

s-l1600.jpg

How much do one of your washing machines with spin cost?

I am making some bubble this weekend and then making beer so I will have plenty of questions for you (if you don't mind). Put on your 'tolerance' cap because I am pretty fucking stupid and it is very slightly possible that my questions might invoke just a tiny itty bit of anger and/or frustration. So many of my posts seem to do that. LOL

Thanks again for all the input.

the model he uses is ~$90 on amazon, yours is ~$55, the info about yours and the lack of valve is a great datapoint, thanks

This model comes with a spin basket insert, did yours? it looks very similar. https://www.amazon.com/COSTWAY-Wash...id=1538154137&sr=8-5&keywords=mini+spin+dryer

I may just get 2 of these instead of a wash/spin combo unit like OP with the advantages over the combo unit being no valve and redundancy in case one of them breaks mid wash

Last edited by a moderator:
fredsssssss,
the model he uses is ~$90 on amazon, yours is ~$55, the info about yours and the lack of valve is a great datapoint, thanks

This model comes with a spin basket insert, did yours? it looks very similar. https://www.amazon.com/COSTWAY-Wash...id=1538154137&sr=8-5&keywords=mini+spin+dryer

I may just get 2 of these instead of a wash/spin combo unit like OP with the advantages over the combo unit being no valve and redundancy in case one of them breaks mid wash

No mine didn't come with a spin basket insert like that. I may upgrade. I really like the idea of a spin.

Does it really spin the weed clean? Or, do you still have to squeeze the water out of the load before you toss it?

Thanks again.

Hackerman,

fredsssssss

Does it really spin the weed clean? Or, do you still have to squeeze the water out of the load before you toss it?

Thanks again.

I dont know but OP claims it works and I can see that it probably is much better than just manual squeezing

I really dont want to use a work bag, ordering 2 of these!

fredsssssss,

sea dog

I still have my single washer, we just don't use it.
In one minute the spinner will drain the bag dry.
You can see the water coming out of the bag and then it stops.
You can also see dark water shooting out of the drain.
Why no love for the work bag? We wash a 1/2 P twice w no mess.
I can't imagine cleaning up 3 machines 30 times a day doing 30 P !

sea dog,

fredsssssss

I still have my single washer, we just don't use it.
In one minute the spinner will drain the bag dry.
You can see the water coming out of the bag and then it stops.
You can also see dark water shooting out of the drain.
Why no love for the work bag? We wash a 1/2 P twice w no mess.
I can't imagine cleaning up 3 machines 30 times a day doing 30 P !
frenchie says you get a better separation of heads without the bag in his videos but you certainly are making a case to use one too.

you only do 2 washes of the material?

fredsssssss,
I think the work bag still goes inside the spin tub.

Which is awesome if it does.

The problem with using a work bag in my style of washer is because the weed all clumps up in the bag and then the bag just bounces around in the water. Without a bag, all the weed on all edges gets exposure.

@sea dog , does the bag fasten onto the spin tub so it acts like a 'lining' for the tub? Or, does it flop around in the tub like an old towel?

Again, thanks

Hackerman,

sea dog

I do 1/2 P AAT and run it twice for 6 minutes and throw the pot away.
We get more BH doing sugar trim than we get from small buds.
Enough to press a P of rosin later today .... from free trim.
---
I put a couple cups of ice in the work bag and use LOTS in the washer.
The work bag is packed down in the spin tub and is held in by a plastic cover.
The bag needs to be balanced and then it spins VERY fast and does not move.
Pic of washer top . Cover for spin tub is in the bottom of the tub.
https://imgur.com/gDAavRx

Last edited:
sea dog,

SillyHerbaloski

expert brain baker
Like others have noted, most of the bags seem more or less pointless. I haven't made bubble hash in years but last I did, I was using maybe three of the bags and had created the tower of extraction, which is what I'm calling my ghetto-rigged extractor. Basically I took some 5-gallon buckets and cut the bottoms off some of them, stacking them one on top of the other with a bag stretched around each bucket with a missing bottom. Basically, the screen on the bottom of the bag becomes the bottom of the bucket. Then I'd use a drill with a paint mixer attachment, throw a bunch of trim together in a bucket with ice and water, stir it up, and then run it through the tower. This is where things get slightly entertaining as I'd then stand there, shaking the tower here and there. Worked well. Much more convenient than squeezing bags and shit like that. Although, I must admit I've never tried the washing machine method which I understand to be that much more convenient, especially when processing larger quantities.

Once done, for the sake of immediate gratification, I'd take that little square piece of filter the bags come with, put some wet hash in it, fold it in half, stack a bunch of paper towels on each side of it, and then press it in an industrial metal bender. Not sure what the piece of equipment was actually called but it's normally used to bend pieces of metal for shit like creating gutters. Needless to say it applies an immense amount of pressure, which I used to instantly dry my hash. Seriously, it was instant. At worst, I'd press it twice, replacing the paper towels between presses. Fuck waiting around. I'd blaze that shit within minutes of having made it.

I look back and see that basically everything I was doing was pretty fucking ghetto but the hash was good so hey, who cares! :)

I think the big trick though is taking GOOD shit and processing it. I've processed crap and I've processed quality - there's a big fucking difference imo. I have been guilty of taking nice buds (fuck trim) and turning it into hash though so you might not want to take my advice or follow in my footsteps lol.

SillyHerbaloski,
Just tossing this out. The last time I forgot to clean my bags right after using and they gummed up. The 25u wouldn't drain at all. LOL

I tossed them all in the washing machine (not the dryer) and they came out just fine. She used warm water and Dreft detergent.

Anyone else ever machine wash their bags?

Hackerman,

sea dog

I use my original single washing machine to wash the bags when we are done.
I just use some Dawn soap and the bags come out nice.
---
As far as pressing goes = Garbage in - garbage out.
We have had sugar trim that was far better than bud.
We have had sugar trim that was not worth running.
We always do a sample before we do any large runs.
---
We had a 25 bag that would not drain so we stopped using it.
We got Bubble Dude bags and used the 25 bag last run.
Look what we tossed out - 100 grams of live rosin !
https://imgur.com/loumAHU

Last edited:
sea dog,
Top Bottom