broke my downstem and in need of a new one. any advice?

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
so yesterday, i broke my 6 arm diffused downstem. It was kinda stuck, pulled on it and it was game over. They perc really good but just seems way too fragile. I replaced it with a ssv regular diffused downstem with 4 rows of holes and i dont like how it hits. I think the top row of holes is above the waterline and it doesnt diffuse well. (i may want to get rid of this downstem as well)

Anyway i want a new downstem and i wanted the new hottness. Are there any cooler DS than the showerheads, honeycomb or gridded stems? Are there any new stems im missing like some waffle or anything?

Honeycomb looks cool, but looks just as fragile as the 6 arm i had with small glass pieces that remain after the honeycomb cut.

I was thinking either an alex k showerhead or sovereignty glass gridded stem. Anyone have info on either? I want something that percs smooth, minimal drag, not super fragile.

Looking at the pics of the sovereignty gridded, i cant really see where it percs from. The grid or lines it has seems more like a design rather than opening for the perc.

The alex k showerhead looks cool and i like it comes in black, i think you could see the vapor emerging from the perc better in black stems i would assume, never used a black diffused stem. The cuts on the showerhead seems spread well, maybe making it not as fragile.

Hopefully someone enlightens me to a stem cooler than either above, but if not hopefully i can get some info or opinions on the two.

YoGranMazPimp,

Carbon

What kind of tube do you have? I have an Alex K showerhead in a beaker bottom that works well, but I think the Sovereignty might be better in a straight tube. I can't say for sure as I've only hit their stemline (stemless tube).

Carbon,

SkollIstKrieg

So far I've tried an Alex K showerhead downstem and a Mobius diffy downstem. Both are waaaay different. Alex K is awesome for diffusion/bubble stacking while the Mobius is nearly dragless. My personal preference out of the two is the Mobius for the lesser drag.

SkollIstKrieg,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
The mobius downstems look nice but i cant find where to buy one. Is this one of them companies like illadelph who feel they are so exclusive that their products are impossible to find?

YoGranMazPimp,

SkollIstKrieg

ALT and KultureVA carries Mobius products. So far have gotten both of mine from kultureVA during their sales!

SkollIstKrieg,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Couldn't find any mobius on kultureva but some nice Alex k ones I hadn't seen. Got a link to alt? I could find it.

YoGranMazPimp,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
So i got my new downstem today from ALT...just ordered friday...came today. Went with an alex k showerhead in black. This downstem is hott! I love it in black and feels much more sturdy than the 6 arm downstem i previously reported i broke.

Unfortunately, it is slightly too long and sits barely on the bottom of its chamber in my inline bubbler. It is barely too long and the Gong joint doesnt make a perfect seal.

Check it out in its too small chamber...

199ym0.jpg

Anyway i plan to return it tomorrow and get the next shorter stem in the same style. Too bad i was thinking all day about coming home and vaping from my inline with its new showerhead. Its ok tho, tonight i vape thru the mobius.:ko:

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: Xchadb

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
So I contacted ALT and an going to return my stem. But they're hittin me with a 10% restocking fee, return shipping and shipping for another back to me. :|. Kinda bummed about that but I didn't really have a way to measure!

YoGranMazPimp,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Man, ALT's policies suck. They're designed to profit from the customer, no matter what. Even if you cancel it before it's shipped they will still charge you for it. Honestly, if there were just a little more on-line competition they wouldn't be able to get away with such a stinky attitude.

WatTyler,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You can measure the needed length by sticking in a pencil (or such) to the point where you'd want your downstem to go, and then take it out and measure the length with a ruler.

OhTheAgony,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Update to my situation. The team at ALT waived that restocking fee and just cost shipping to do the exchange. Got my new DS on its way. Those alek k showerheads are sweet!

YoGranMazPimp,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
damn i thought my alex k stem looked cool.... that thing is so fresh.

Xchadb,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Yeah they are nice in black. The first sight of vapor is when it emerges from the black slits.

YoGranMazPimp,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
At long last, i finally got my downstem in the right size. Kudos to toby and the team at alt for waiving that restocking fee without me asking and getting me a quick replacement!

Check it out...

5ml7x1.jpg

YoGranMazPimp,
Top Bottom