Brilliant Cut Grinder

LabPong

Although consensus is for the medium grind (which I do use for the sake of mixing it up), if I could only have 1, it would be the coarse plate. And I would even like to see @grindersForLife come out with a coarser plate.

This is my opinion as well......the medium plate is fairly fine to me. I can get the coarse plate to make good medium grinds by leaving upside down for a few twists.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Very excited that my Brilliant Cut grinder is on the way from BC to MA. It certainly takes a while to meander from the West Coast of Canada to the East Coast of the US, but from everything I've read the wait will be worth it.

I got the medium plate for mine since that was the one most highly recommended for the vaporizers I use.

I just restocked my shelves with some really nice flower; Animal Cookies, Sherbet Cookies, Cherry Cookies, Triangle Kush, and some White 99. Can't wait to try out the Brilliant Cut.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Whooo, got my onyx BCG today!

And it's *nice*. Looks good, feels good. The actual grinding process is incredibly smooth, definitely even beyond my expectations – and I picked some dense & sticky buds for my first test. After one or two back'n'forths it didn't feel much different from twisting it without any herb inside.

The medium plate in my opinion makes indeed a very medium grind. Not coarse, pretty much no fine parts at all and ~90-95% consistent I'd say, perfect to work with. Sometimes I'm going for a finer grind and will use my trusty and loyal Gleichdick 2-piece for that, but for now I'm quite sure I will stick with the BCG for quite a while. I will probably get myself a fine plate too at some point, but I'm sure the medium will work for most scenarios.

Those magnets... you better call your mom and tell her you love her very much. It's so much fun to use. I also enjoy the compartment more than I expected.

So yeah, first impressions are very positive.

Edit: Red Ruby and a full set with all 3 plates in silver are (as of now) still available here → https://www.weed-gadget.com/grinder (EU site!)

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Although consensus is for the medium grind (which I do use for the sake of mixing it up), if I could only have 1, it would be the coarse plate. And I would even like to see @grindersForLife come out with a coarser plate.

If we're playing favorites then I have to speak up for the fine plate, as it is the only one I have and it does everything for me. I can get very fine grinding upside down, or medium regularly, and everywhere in between nicely consistent even grind... I don't like uneven chunks so I can't imagine enjoying the course of medium plates based on my experience with the fine, but it would be nice to try them and confirm! Since so many seem to like them so much, they just be doing something right! I was gearing up to order another BCG in amethyst and was just going to go with the fine plate alone again...

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
If we're playing favorites then I have to speak up for the fine plate

:tup: :lol:

I don't like uneven chunks so I can't imagine enjoying the course

I personally find the coarse grind relatively even. Take a good look at the grinds in sneakyp's review video previously posted. Start around 4:50 in.

I was gearing up to order another BCG in amethyst and was just going to go with the fine plate alone again...

Ah, but, as it's said, "Variety is the spice of life." I say you expand your horizon & go with the medium. :D

Shit Snacks

:tup: :lol:

I personally find the coarse grind relatively even. Take a good look at the grinds in sneakyp's review video previously posted. Start around 4:50 in.

Ah, but, as it's said, "Variety is the spice of life." I say you expand your horizon & go with the medium. :D

Indeed indeed, still time to decide I suppose! Could get a spare medium in hematite perhaps...

I haven't found photos of other people's grinds to be very useful for me unfortunately, too many variables in herbs, plus loading and grinding styles... That's why I never shared my own lol

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
My Brilliant Cut arrived this afternoon and it did a fine job of grinding up a luscious .5g nugget of Sherbet Cookies.

I have tendonitis in both hands and have been relying mostly on an electric grinder. But it was killing my weed. I'll keep it to use for when I cook Canna Coconut oil, but it's officially retired from grinding for vaping.

I love the medium grind plate-it's perfect for my devices. I'm really impressed with how easily it grinds and at how consistent the grind is. No chunks, everything is the same. I'm hoping that it's as maintenance free as advertised. Cuz my hands are happy, my vapes are happy, and I'm about to get verrrrry happy.

Cheers FCers

Baron23

I tend to use the fine plate and tend to grind up an 1/8th or more at a time and then put it in a Space Case container or similar.

I had a pretty big grinding session the other night and I did try the medium plate. It just looked too chunky for my taste but may well try it again.

Now, I don't do much to clean grinders...I brush them out after use and only really clean on...eh, maybe after six months or more.

So, it was my BCG's time to be cleaned and I just dropped it in a bag of ISO, put bag of ISO in an small ultrasonic cleaner, and ran it for ten minutes.

Came out spotless with no damage to the grinder.

Shit Snacks

I just used my SLX for the first time in months yesterday, loaded it quite full yet carefully with little nugs in between the teeth as usual. As I've said before it's not even that clean considering how I only used it several times after cleaning it the last time, it already got so dirty quickly. So as you can imagine it felt nearly impossible to turn, did several upside down like I normally do to get a more consistent even grind, however a underground nug still found its way into the dish below... I also had to poke out a whole lot of kief with a toothpick.

Anyway this made me feel even more certain that I should be getting a second BCG for 420, however perhaps less certain that I should be grabbing a medium plate instead of just the fine again... Are people really not seeing any little nugs fall through those big holes? The grind is still uniform, consistent, even, etc.? I wouldn't be so surprised since the BCG design is already so advanced compared to SLX and SCS for me, but I would be further impressed!

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Are people really not seeing any little nugs fall through this big holes? The grind is still uniform, consistent, even, etc.?
Go for the medium - the results are very consistent. I think in the year I’ve been using mine, there have been maybe two, three times tops where I had a stem pop through that wasn’t consistently sized with the rest of the herbs. I can’t remember any time an actual little nug got through.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Shit Snacks – I only have a few days of experience under my belt, but can confirm full absence of chunks with the medium plate.

---

Still haven't used my other grinder since I got my BCG. Also haven't cleaned it beside the initial rinse with some dishsoapy water and don't think I will have to anytime soon. I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness of my tools and devices and used to soak my grinder in ISO about once a week, but the BCG stays pretty clean. And even *if* it will gunk up at some point, I'm sure it will still work as smooth and nicely as it does now because of its clever layout.

The medium grind has grown on me quite a bit, especially since it seems to deliver a nicer flavor profile than the finer grinds I often produced so far, so getting a fine plate is not very urgent to me now. Will probably wait for 4/20 before ordering one.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’m now past 4 week wait, hoping soon. I ordered the 3 plate BCG package, for choices.

Just getting back into flower, realize how little I knew. To makeup for my past, I’m now paying attention to storage and grind. I’m now using a LG C-Vault with 62% bovida packs and a little digital humidity gauge, reading exactly at 62%.

My old 2-piece SantaCruz grinder, I believe is more of a medium grind, though that was based on me grinding the 62% flower, and it was chunky, did not vape well in my new NV WeedEater, I assume it was too moist. Now after leaving a few buds out in the air for 2 days, the grind from the SCG seems fine, now almost too dry, have yet to vape test. I’m thinking of getting a 2nd container, to move some buds to, BUT use a lower humidity Bovida pack, to be grinder and vape ready.

Is there a general consensus on what the BEST humidity level is for a fine grind for use in a WeedEater type convection vape? Thanks.

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

Well, it’s been 8 weeks, and the complete kit is in my hands. I was told a few weeks ago, after I wrote at the 6 week mark for an update, that there was a cosmetic issue with the Onyx color I ordered, and hence a delay. My emails were always answered, nicely and usually the same day. Unit was super clean, probably Ultrasonic cleaned before shipping. I always clean new vape gear regardless, and the ISO cloths showed nothing.

So, was it worth the wait.

I’d definitely say YES. It is very well machined, twists easily as advertised, looks stunning. And at least in this case, the online reviews were accurate. Granted, many may believe $140.00 (full kit) is a crazy amount to spend on a grinder & 3 plates, but I rolled the dice hoping this would be my last one, and based on my early usage, I’m glad to retire my 2 piece magnet lid SantaCruz, that needed to be cleaned after every use or the lid would not spin well even with just the tiniest bit of gunk on the 2 lid edges. Ease of use seems so advanced to old lid screw types.

It seems as reviewers wrote, they really did think and rethink how herb grinders work, and then designed out, the bad things. Assuming this higher grade aluminum holds up over time, then in my opinion it’s worth every dollar.

First vape attempt, after a grind with FINE plate, vape on NV WeedEater was much improved over the more medium grind I was getting with the SC. And now with having 3 grind plates, I have no more excuses, at least when it comes to specific grind requirements of different gear and rigs, and the expected results.

If you got the dough, and the time, I would recommend this purchase.

Glatch

Hi, Don't know if it was asked before but the search function did not help me.

Does anyone know the radius of the bottom part? In other words what size stem,piece will precisely fit into that rounded corner for scooping herb.

It looks like it kind of matches the diameter of a Dynavap?

Glatch,

RustyOldNail

@Shit Snacks - glad you are getting a medium to round it out - I have all three sizes and use medium the most, followed by fine and then coarse. It is always nice to have (more) options.

Nice to have the whole kit, not sure I’ll ever need the coarse plate, but you never know. Like @Baron23 I find the FINE plate works in everything I have right now, WeedEater, SplinterZ Custom, Dynavap 2020.

Gave the medium plate a try yesterday, seemed more on the coarse side, I believe these buds I ground, were on the moist side, so....

QUESTION: When the buds are more moist then dry, can that have an effect on the final grinds appearance and feel?

Baron23

QUESTION: When the buds are more moist then dry, can that have an effect on the final grinds appearance and feel?

IMO, definitely. But, strain also seems to make a diff. Some strains, for example in my experience Blue Dream, just seems to go to dust quickly while others do not.

I like having the plates, but I am mostly a fine grind and Space Case it kinda guy.

Cheers

Shit Snacks

Nice to have the whole kit, not sure I’ll ever need the coarse plate, but you never know. Like @Baron23 I find the FINE plate works in everything I have right now, WeedEater, SplinterZ Custom, Dynavap 2020.

Gave the medium plate a try yesterday, seemed more on the coarse side, I believe these buds I ground, were on the moist side, so....

Absolutely, every batch of every strain can be different, aside from moisture levels there are so many different nug structures you know? lol Even the same strain from a different place and time can be totally different in my experience.

I can get a fine powder from a dryer but ofcourse, leaves more kief to poke and knock out after (especially when grinding upside down a bit first as I often do) I've noticed the moister dense nugs are just trickier to grind, so I think a medium plate could help with those in particular, allowing for better flavor for preservation since those freshies are the tastiest typically...

Top Bottom