Brilliant Cut Grinder

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
Why would you think that you would not have to clean your grinder blades?
Hey all!

Have been looking into getting the BCG after Troy's review!

I just wanted to throw out there that I have owned a non-matte SCS for 3 years now that has seen a half oz a week over that time and not once have I cleaned it. It still looks brand new and not gunked up anywhere.

For whatever reason I like to grind up the entire half oz at once sometimes as it is just so satisfying to use and see it still look as clean as the day I bought it. This alone amazes me, even though I know many don't like the fact that SCS use threads.

I understand that this is not a lot of material compared to some users here on FC, however I will mention that my material is needlessly sticky and dense.

All of the above to say that I saw the pictures of one users green BCG several pages back with the teeth gunked up/coated with kief, and I while I dont remember if they said how much material they were going thru, I still find that to be an unacceptable amount of buildup.

I will go back to that post and see if it isnt a use case of an oz a day or so and edit this post if neccessary to reflect that, but even still in cases where my SCS has seen an oz in a day it still has no buildup whatsoever.

I was wondering if anyone could inform me on what kind of cleaning process BCG go thru after they are finished. I know one of the bigger draws for me to go with SCS was their emphasis on the cleaning of the grinder with ultrasonic measures as well as a special cleaner to remove any oils or bacteria from the machining and coating process.

P.S. I'm sorry if this post sounds like im fanboying over SCS in the BCG thread, but I just really want to make sure I know what im spending my money on and the fact that even the Phoenecian didn't stack up to my SCS/expectations makes me skeptical of making any other buys.

LabPong

Hey all!

Have been looking into getting the BCG after Troy's review!

I just wanted to throw out there that I have owned a non-matte SCS for 3 years now that has seen a half oz a week over that time and not once have I cleaned it. It still looks brand new and not gunked up anywhere.

For whatever reason I like to grind up the entire half oz at once sometimes as it is just so satisfying to use and see it still look as clean as the day I bought it. This alone amazes me, even though I know many don't like the fact that SCS use threads.

I understand that this is not a lot of material compared to some users here on FC, however I will mention that my material is needlessly sticky and dense.

All of the above to say that I saw the pictures of one users green BCG several pages back with the teeth gunked up/coated with kief, and I while I dont remember if they said how much material they were going thru, I still find that to be an unacceptable amount of buildup.

I will go back to that post and see if it isnt a use case of an oz a day or so and edit this post if neccessary to reflect that, but even still in cases where my SCS has seen an oz in a day it still has no buildup whatsoever.

I was wondering if anyone could inform me on what kind of cleaning process BCG go thru after they are finished. I know one of the bigger draws for me to go with SCS was their emphasis on the cleaning of the grinder with ultrasonic measures as well as a special cleaner to remove any oils or bacteria from the machining and coating process.

P.S. I'm sorry if this post sounds like im fanboying over SCS in the BCG thread, but I just really want to make sure I know what im spending my money on and the fact that even the Phoenecian didn't stack up to my SCS/expectations makes me skeptical of making any other buys.

I recall a few posting pics after not cleaning their grinders out for a month or something....not sure but maybe that is one of them?

I can assure you......cleaning it out after each use is pretty simple...I just use a brush and quickly whisp it out....the only build up I get is when I press the grinds down too hard accidentally while pinching them out of the bottom piece. So if I do that with some sticky stuff it leaves a goo layer there. It is the only place I have had to clean mine with ISO since I got it a few months back. Other than that I only brush it out.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
That was probably me, and I abuse the shit out of my BCG.

I pile like 2g of hemp flower onto it, smash the lid down and then mulch that all at once...

No I'm not grinding "an oz per day" - but I had put probably 2-4oz thru the grinder when I had taken that pic, and most of the buildup is from hemp flower. I grind around an oz or 2 per month. I'v had my BCG for 6months now.

I tend to keep all my herbs at 62% RH but sometimes when I receive them, they are at less desirable humidity levels. Not sure if that was taken into account with your grinding... as it's not something I control for very well... if I receive herb I want to vape, but it's not exactly 62% RH, I'm still gonna grind/vape it :D

I also find if I put in a few buds of actual ganja in after grinding overly moist/fibrous hemp flower, it helps to clean up some of the build up... Oh, btw I do NOT generally pick stems out of the herb I'm grinding either, unless they're massive.

And I still haven't cleaned it?

5 more people complain that it's overpriced, and that my grinder was too dirty and I'll post pics. :science:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
After I have now gone again and again to the Shop of GFL, I have finally ordered. I don't know why, actually I have a Grinder with whom I am happy. But for whatever reason, I just had to have the BCG. Crazy, but that's how it is.

Ha ha. You already have A grinder? Look at my signature. This is just the start of the GAS.

I still don't have a Santa Cruz Shredder, or a Lift in my collection. I still don't have a stainless steel grinder, nor do I have the new Super Weapon...amongst others. My grinder collection still has a lot of room for additional improvement!

Either way, the BCG will serve you wonderfully. It still has the best grinder on the market title, as far as I'm concerned.

The GAS is beautiful. Let it guide you and keep you whole, my friend :smug:

Last edited:

9.Fingers

Health Conscious Guru
@9.Fingers, since it appears that your SCS is indeed your HG (Holy Grail), why not just stick with that one?
Good question!

I was looking to get a second SCS for company to use while visiting, but Troy saying that the BCG was passing his daily use test without cleaning better than any other he had in his review made me consider it!

It was indeed @muunch who's pictures I had seen of the BCG full of buildup!

I'm always interested in trying new things, but I guess the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is popular for a reason...

Now as far as the BCG goes, how many of you felt the need to clean it before first use, and how many used it straight out of the box?

I saw a post elsewhere of a user having a SLX v2.5 purple grinder that they used a cotton swab on the inside, and the cotton swab came back purple. This indicates to me that the paint or coating would have potentially come off into that users medicine and cause adverse health effects when inhaled. This reason, along with my good experience with SCS, is what has kept me from trying new grinders specifically.

I do have my eye on the BCG still, as well as the United Machining SS Grinder, as no one other than muunch has given me a reason to not want to try it.

I suppose I simply want to get my facts straight before "curiosity kills the cat", hopefully not in my case.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
My BCG parts arrived clean and each piece was wrapped in eco-kraft paper, there was no oil or dirt on anything. But I still washed it in warm water and dish soap, like I would anything I’m going to use on/in my body. I don’t care if it comes a hermetically sealed box with a certificate of super sterility, I’m gonna wash that bitch lovingly before using it for the first time.

@9.Fingers If you’re truly happy with your SCS, I say stick with it and don’t even look at other greener grass grinders. If you keep looking into and researching and asking questions about the recently released badass grinders that are out there, you’re just asking for trouble. No doubt about it, I’ve seen it before.
It starts out innocently enough but you keep playing with fire and you’re gonna get burned! :evil:

Look to members like @Ramahs with vast grinder collections and be afraid! They all started out with just one grinder but they kept on looking. Don’t think it can’t happen to you too! Don’t look into the abyss!

LabPong

But I still washed it in warm water and dish soap, like I would anything I’m going to use on/in my body. I don’t care if it comes a hermetically sealed box with a certificate of super sterility, I’m gonna wash that bitch lovingly before using it for the first time.

+1

.......I'm just hanging out for a bit........waiting to pay an invoice for a coarse onyx plate...... :borg:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Don’t look into the abyss!

But, but, but...the abyss is beautiful!!!

NaturalAromaticCapybara-size_restricted.gif

SquirrelMaster

Are there any discounts offered by bcg to this forum?
No, the only sale we've seen so far was 10% off on 420. Maybe something for black friday.

When BCG brings out a new grinder, i.e. the larger size, I'll have a reason to buy another colour combination. No fine plate or coarse, just medium. That's what I use 95% off the time anyway. Emerald this time.

Sorry for below, ground up some Purple Punchsicle and am very medicated

Last edited:

damm

I have one of these on order. Been about 2 weeks... hopefully only a couple more before it ships?

For reference it is about 3-4 weeks last order was about a month this time it was about 3 weeks.

Ordered the 4th shipped today (well tomorrow obviously). If it arrives the same day as my D-Nail Nimbus I will laugh and smile because that will be amazing.

ubardog

Lately I have been battling with my self and on the 21st oct I lost..... Ordering a BCG feeling guilty and excited !
Justified it with "its my Christmas prezzy to my self"
FYI I beleve I have never spent more than £6 on a grinder in my life. So this + P&P was a biggy for me.

I got the 3-4 week wait then its gotta ship over seas to UK and through our customs. Could easy add 1-2 weeks maybe more. Should be here atleast a few weeks before Test run and Wrap it up Chrimbo eve :evil:

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Still waiting here; nearly 6 months. I'm giving them until year end when I do my financials to dispute the charge.

Wow! Have you reached out to them? They have been pretty good with communications the few times I needed to reach out. Hope everything gets worked out for you soon.

Top Bottom