Brilliant Cut Grinder

started@52

Anyone else NOT like the medium plate? It has two different size holes in it an I get, well, two different size grinds. Luckily I love the fine grind which is not as fine as I expected and works very well for me. I’m sure I would like the coarse grind, if I had a vape that liked it. It is a very consistent size grind but haven’t found it works better in any of my vapes then the fine plate does for me. I would like a consistent medium grind though. Is it only me or am I doing something wrong?

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Anyone else NOT like the medium plate? It has two different size holes in it an I get, well, two different size grinds. Luckily I love the fine grind which is not as fine as I expected and works very well for me. I’m sure I would like the coarse grind, if I had a vape that liked it. It is a very consistent size grind but haven’t found it works better in any of my vapes then the fine plate does for me. I would like a consistent medium grind though. Is it only me or am I doing something wrong?

Both the coarse and the medium have larger holes on the outer edge.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Honestly, I started out using the fine grind A LOT....then gravitated back and fourth between the fine and medium till I started using the medium grind plate almost all the time. It seems to me to be the most versatile grind that works well with the vapes I use on a regular/daily basis.

For some of the occasional vapes I pull out once in a while for nostalgia's sake, or the ones I pull out on the weekend or when I have people over, I may use the fine or course grinds (and I wouldn't want to NOT have them, because I appreciate them when I do need them). But the medium plate seems plenty good for my daily-use/daily-used vapes.

Not saying that everyone has to share my opinion, as so much of all of this depends on one's personal style, preferences, and unique body structure...but that's what's been working well for me.

(my daily-use vapes lately have been various Dynavap vapes, Ed's TnT Woodscents log, and Fury 2)

Last edited:

Krazy

Something new on the horizon and once again from Canada!
This is a totally magnetic closing grinder with a UNIQUE design throughout the whole grinder!
Jam free grinder available in either fine grind for vapes or coarse for smoking.
3 piece as well!! Just up my alley!

So far the website is just a page with coming soon...
http://grindersforlife.com/

I have asked the creator to place a banner where we can sign up for auto alerts on when it will be available. He said he will look into it.

More info is available on the IG feed located here:
https://www.instagram.com/brilliant.cut.grinder/

I will invite the inventor to drop by if he wants to!

lazylathe, Apr 23, 2018

Thanks to lazylathe for cluing us in and sending GrindersforLife to the forums. Check out the large font above for just how quickly this has come to fruition!!!

Ramahs

Thanks to lazylathe for cluing us in and sending GrindersforLife to the forums. Check out the large font above for just how quickly this has come to fruition!!!

Indeed!
tenor.gif

Ramahs

Got my grinder yesterday - thanks @Grinders for Life. I've only used the fine plate so far, but one suggestion I'd make is to NOT diamond cut the bottoms. Without a flat bottom, the grinder tips when loading. The action is very smooth and grind is nice and consistent.

Nooooooo, please don't take away the symetrical brilliant cut on both sides. Removing the cut on the bottom would make it look "cheaper", and I for one don't have any problems with "tipping". I've never had any reason to press down on it hard enough to tip it. I don't see why anyone would need to.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Nooooooo, please don't take away the symetrical brilliant cut on both sides. Removing the cut on the bottom would make it look "cheaper", and I for one don't have any problems with "tipping". I've never had any reason to press down on it hard enough to tip it. I don't see why anyone would need to.

Agreed completely. @bizwaxzion I don't think I've ever had the grinder rock when loading. How are you loading it that causes the rocking issue?

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...but there is a flat section on both upper and lower pieces... and even so, whatever 'tipping' that might occur would be minimal at best... unless you managed to tip it off a table/desk/counter/etc, nothing will fall out... at least ime trying to make the grinder tip over...

hd_rider

Got my GFL grinder yesterday (ordered on Apr 14).

Already put it through some operation, grinding up a bit less than a half-ounce of various strains in various stages of dryness. The grinder easily handled anything I threw at it.

Likes: Very smooth operation, takes little effort to turn. Nicely machined and anodized. I was very impressed that my herb didn't stick to it like it does my GR8TR. And I was somewhat surprised that after grinding, there is little to no herb left floating around in the top chamber; everything is cleanly ground and pushed to the lower chamber. And I love the 3-piece, no-thread design; I have no desire to screen / sift my trichomes and there are no threads to get gummed up. The grinder is easy to clean with just soap, water, and a toothbrush.

Dislikes: It feels a little small for my hands. The top feels a little 'squat' and I have a bit of difficulty grasping and twisting it correctly. Perhaps if the top was about a 1/8" taller or maybe if it had ridges or something, I might be able to grip it more comfortably.

I'm very happy with my purchase. I'm definitely putting my GR8TR away while my new GFL grinder takes over for all my grinding needs going forward.

GFL_Grinder.jpg

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Got my GFL grinder yesterday (ordered on Apr 14).

Already put it through some operation, grinding up a bit less than a half-ounce of various strains in various stages of dryness. The grinder easily handled anything I threw at it.

Likes: Very smooth operation, takes little effort to turn. Nicely machined and anodized. I was very impressed that my herb didn't stick to it like it does my GR8TR. And I was somewhat surprised that after grinding, there is little to no herb left floating around in the top chamber; everything is cleanly ground and pushed to the lower chamber. And I love the 3-piece, no-thread design; I have no desire to screen / sift my trichomes and there are no threads to get gummed up. The grinder is easy to clean with just soap, water, and a toothbrush.

Dislikes: It feels a little small for my hands. The top feels a little 'squat' and I have a bit of difficulty grasping and twisting it correctly. Perhaps if the top was about a 1/8" taller or maybe if it had ridges or something, I might be able to grip it more comfortably.

I'm very happy with my purchase. I'm definitely putting my GR8TR away while my new GFL grinder takes over for all my grinding needs going forward.

GFL_Grinder.jpg
I'm glad your new grinder suits you so well. It's always wonderful when that happens. Excellent review, and I hope you continue to enjoy your grinder in good health.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just arrived, haven't used it yet, but seems just as nice as expected (though yeah, gonna need a big one some day for sure! I can see how larger specifically for grip would be a good idea, but this is pleasantly compact at least!) My photos obviously can't really do the Sky Blue justice, its more like a light teal maybe:

sn1nig.jpg

2d2hq8w.jpg

Now to try it out... Not gonna bother cleaning it first bc I trust these dudes and the quality here, it just feels so fresh!

2zpm7x3.jpg

(Edit: going well so far!)
2q1rqmu.jpg

Last edited:

myla

Anvibian
Received mine yesterday, ordered on April 17th and shipped out on May 20th. Emerald top, silver fine plate and gold bottom. Quality of the grinder looks really good and functions very smoothly. I have always been using scissors since my previous experience with grinders were not very satisfactory. So far this one performs better than those I've tried a couple years back and I can clean it with just a dry brush afterward. I need to get used to it though since I've put too much for the first grind but so far so good. :tup:

Krazy

Everyone receive their 4/20 orders yet?
I have not. I will be the very tail end.

Apr 27 at 12:19 AM

...place a hold on my order until after the purple/lavender run ...
As stated in my order, I have no issues with it being shipped super late compared to other 420 shoppers....

May 24 at 10:28 PM
Top and bottom: Hematite
Fine: Rose gold
Medium: Purple
Course: Sapphire
As mentioned, I'm chill on shipping times and won't freak out in http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/brilliant-cut-grinder.26878/ if it takes a while to reach me.
:zzz:

SquirrelMaster

It blows me away how effortless this grinder is to turn. Two fingers with a minor nudge to get it going occasionally and sometimes even one finger does it. When I'm grinding smaller amounts sometimes I can't even tell if I'm done. I tend to stick to smaller amounts so I can use it more often :D.

Some nice 20% CBD with a medium grind.

Top Bottom