• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

stonaGrinders

Grinder Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I guess for the rainbow we have to wait until it's high - ultimate - performance is proven and therefore it's - monetary - worth being made out titanium ;)

That's been the plan. Perfect this grinder in aluminium and then make it in Stainless Steel and Titanium. The titanium will be super expensive but some people will absolutely love it.

We'll probably come out with a cheaper version as well. We'll see.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Paragon does have a nice ring to it, and the meaning fits. I don't mind "stona", but it makes me think of cheech and chong as opposed to high end. Some people really love the novelty of pot leaves and stoner culture, but I think they are teenagers, but that's just my perception. I'm sure it's not entirely accurate.
I have a "titanium" space case, and the black coating that was allegedly titanium started coming off first in the threading and then other places. This has left me worried about subpar anodizing....part of me wishes the outside could be anodized while the inside could be just metal, but I don't actually know that it would be wise. This grinder doesn't have threading, which is one of the reasons I'm excited. Maybe a clear anodize would not be wise because I would not be able to see if it was wearing down, as opposed to a colored anodizing, which would show the metal underneath should it chip, alerting me to trouble.

stonaGrinders

Grinder Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Just to make this clear, when I say we'll make titanium grinders, I actually mean we'll make grinders out of grade 5 titanium (Ti6Al4V). They won't be "titanium" grinders made out of 6061 aluminium like some other companies offer.

We'll have to perfect the mechanical design first in aluminium and get it vetted by the community before we ever cut any titanium. We most likely will make them to order but it all depends on demand.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just to make this clear, when I say we'll make titanium grinders, I actually mean we'll make grinders out of grade 5 titanium (Ti6Al4V). They won't be "titanium" grinders made out of 6061 aluminium like some other companies offer.

We'll have to perfect the mechanical design first in aluminium and get it vetted by the community before we ever cut any titanium. We most likely will make them to order but it all depends on demand.
I’m super excited about this one too :)

Nothing better than high quality luxury tools :)

Like others above, the anodizing on my Santa Cruz is starting to go in the threads ... so time for a replacement :)

I’ll be holding off in anticipation of this one I think :). Also like supporting Canadian and American manufacturing and active community members :)

Summer

Long Island, NY
@GreenHopper, you need to be following this thread. :nod:

@JCat, I see you made stems for the SSV. What else did/do you mfr.?

@stonaGrinders, it really hit me when I was just referencing you that I don't like the name Stona at all. I've been partying on & off since the 70s & although I've hung w/ stoners, I've never been one. In 2017 I found out that there's a word/category for it, I was a vaper (back then when there wasn't a word like microdoser). I was ahead of my time. :D

I can for sure understand the appeal of Stona to 20 - 70-something year olds not only in a lifestyle mentality, but, as most FC members are males, I can doubly understand it; it's got a cool, manly connotation & sound to it. I get it. And I can fully understand if that's its final name, but as a gal who's not a stoner, it doesn't work for me. I want it to have a sensual name. Black Diamonds has sophistication, and is even the name of a high-end perfume. It makes me visualize the color black ... black velvet & pearls ... real pearls! :lol: Brilliant makes me visualize your beautiful sapphire anodized color, & then I visualize the turquoise & aqua blue waters & white beaches of the Caribbean. I even looked it up in French (gotta give Google credit where credit is due) & the French pronunciation is nice. And Zenith just has a nice sound to it. I want it to feel sensual when I pick up the grinder as part of my ritual, & these names do it for me. I'm a vaporizing stoner at heart. ;)

You could always sell to 2 different audiences under 2 different names. :shrug: Then we'd have 2 different threads to follow. :tup: And the girls & the guys, & the stoners & the vapers would all be happy.

Anyway, this is the very last time I'm posting about grinder names. :nod: I plead my case, so no more to be said. Whatever you guys decide is what it will be. :)

Edited to Add:
And if the grinder really takes off, then the next logical step would be ss so as to bring in those that want a so-call 'organic' grinder. & there could be titanium limited edition runs for those who appreciate & can afford luxury, & for the rest of use babyboomers, who as we age, won't be able to support a weighty grinder with our weakened wrist & our arthritic hands. True, but what a nightmare of a thought! :ugh:

Anyway, have a nice weekend, All!

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I'm not sure I got it right. Are parts of the grinder interchangable to get different grades of grind? Or do I have to buy a complete grinder each for fine and medium coarse? The first one would be much more interesting for customers I think especially in that price class.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper, you need to be following this thread. :nod:

Thanks @Summer, ill be :popcorn:

Looks like a really cool concept/beta. Think I'll hold off for others to feedback and then jump on the Ti version when/if it happens. Go big or go bigger I say :D but only if I can get both coarse and fine grind plates as a package.

I'm currently rocking a gold SW2 from @InterplanetaryTanner and I really love it.

However the main upgrades I have been yearning for are:
  • Center post with magnet on the mid section rather than lid
  • No plastic washer
  • No threading (mid section jamming requiring a lot of torque to unscrew after sticky bud grind)
Looks like the <insert future name of this new grinder here> solves all of those and reduces residue build up. Sounds like a paragon of grinding virtues to me. :nod::clap:

Also want to say thanks to @stonaGrinders for joining the forum to interact with us. That's a really cool move :tup:

And thanks to @lazylathe for creating this thread and posting pics/details. :cheers:

And thanks to cannabis for always being there for me.

And, and, and,.......

ViCKi LEEKX

Fuck Vaporizer Combustion
The faceted top is beautiful. I don’t care much what it’s called as long as it is unbranded or minimally branded to not detract from the appearance.

I have several SCS that I love, so I’d be more interested in a SS or Ti grinder to diversify things.

Looking forward to seeing the progress!

lazylathe

Almost there...
The top and bottom parts are identical on the outside.
I thought about something around the outside to keep it fairly hidden.
Or even something small and detailed in the center of the top to differentiate them.
So many options!

I like where they have it now, around the bottom of the center part. You see it everytime you open the grinder!
Perfect spot imo!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Any pic?

What's about my open question about interchangebility of different grind parts?

Looks to me like the only interchangeable part would be the bottom section that collects the ground material.

looking at the pics @lazylathe posted back on page 3

Fine Grind:
qqvm9j.jpg

Coarse grind:
2ugj85u.jpg

I can see the geometry of the teeth are different between the fine and Coarse grinders.

The fine grinder appears to have hexagonal shaped teeth on both the middle and top sections.

The Coarse grinder tooth geometry appears more diamond shaped, again both middle and top sections.

I was using mismatched bits together that were not technically supposed to be able to be used together.

While @lazylathe did say this worked, it seems like mixing the two different geometries (diamond teeth top with hexagonal teeth middle, or visa versa) may not be the best option. I'm curious to know if the mixing of the geometries is what cause that resin ring to appear in @lazylathe's previous pic:

2a5alo0.jpg

All in all I can see I'll have to amend my expectations on being able to interchange parts.

then jump on the Ti version when/if it happens. Go big or go bigger I say :D but only if I can get both coarse and fine grind plates as a package.

I can see now that it really is 2x separate grinders as swapping out 2/3 of a grinder is not the same concept as switching out a Gr8r style grind plate.

Maybe @stonaGrinders could offer a special package deal for those who want both.

I'm really curious what the Ti pricing is going to look like, I know it's not gonna be cheap. I might have to settle on only getting the fine grind version as the SW2 covers a medium coarse grind.

@lazylathe, which grind consistency are you liking for convection vapes like the FlowerPot and Mi style portables?

lazylathe

Almost there...
@GreenHopper

Spot on!!
I just checked the inside now that I am running correct geometries and NO ring!
Same bud as well!

They are working on making them compatible and have done a few design changes.
Fine grinder may or may not work with coarse/med, still unsure.
Coarse and Medium are going to be interchangeable.
The bottom part is universal.

I used to love my GR8TR from KannaStor but lately found it too fine and the load packs down and adds restriction to the draw. It is still on my desk and I still love it's grind for very small loads.
Fave vapes for it are the GS, SV4, WS, and EVO.
I also used the same grind for the FlowerPot and Milaana with great success!

I am finding these vapes perform slightly better with the slightly coarser grind!
So a win, win for me!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Well, I'm excited to see full review and pics of the parts used correctly! There are too many things I feel the need to get. But this is one of them.

Seriously, the fact that this grinder does not require extra twisting motion to get to the medicine is HUGE. For me it's a grinder wear issue but more importantly, I suffer from bone and joint issues, so I've been holding off spending my hard earned money on a grinder that doesn't meet my needs. Honestly, this one looks to do it.

Last edited:

stonaGrinders

Grinder Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Any pic?

What's about my open question about interchangebility of different grind parts?

Here's a picture showing where we engraved the branding. It's an old picture and features the old name. We wanted to keep the branding discreet and classy.

9sfdyv.jpg

The grinders that we gave Lazylathe are kind of outdated. They're still good, but we've improved some things after hearing his feedback and hearing what people actually want.

We have been listening to the feedback here and elsewhere and we are working on making the top compatible with 3 different interchangeable middle plates, which will produce the 3 grinds — coarse, medium, and fine. We're just in the process of tuning the grinds. With the introduction of the medium plate, we've made the fine grind finer and the coarse grind coarser.

Here's a picture of the 3 prototype middle plates:

657rbr.jpg

In this set of prototypes the fine and medium plates were interchangeable with the medium/fine top, which is the top with 6-sided teeth.

We're looking to integrate all the grinds into one grinder, but this will require some redesigning of the grinding teeth. It should be possible though and that's what we're working on right now.

For those who don't follow us on Instagram, here's a picture of the fine grinder anodized sapphire blue. It will be known as the Sapphire Stona.

24276rm.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom