Brilliant Cut Grinder

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
what about 3 different colors, one for each section? Kinda like some of those Rasta grinders...

Too crazy? :)

I had been thinking that too, but I don't like any color as much as Hematite and Sky Blue, and hard to say which would look best with those two too... SB top with H bottom then for the middle I'm not sure if Silver or Onyx or Sapphire would work best, but they just don't get me as excited as the other two colors... Since that's what grinders are for, right? lol

Jgott56

I personally don’t like the look of the sandwich versions. Trying to imagine what a gradient version would look like silver top, grey middle, black bottom.

My other thinking is dark blue top and bottom with light blue middle. It’s a sandwich but it’s subtle.

They have too many options not to show the different grinder variations on the site!

Shit Snacks

Yeah gradients is cool, blues and greys... I think I gotta go full solid, probably Sky Blue, but if I could know that the Hematite is gonna be a Slate Blue like @Dabtanian's I would totally get that instead... Seems like every batch could be different? More reason to just grab one in another color later on I suppose

started@52

If I use a fine grind in a Dynavap I try to put a few tiny tiny buds or coarser grind on the screen first, then fill it to the max very loose and works great, not what prefer but when you get to the bottom of that’s all that’s left of a medium or even coarse grind, whats left is usually pretty fine and potent!. Medium grind I fill to the top and ever so lightly tamp to leave a little gap. A fresh fluffy grind from my slx(grind right side up as slow as possible to get the coarsest grind you can get out of it) I pack kinda tight with no air gap and for me, that’s how I like it best. I have no idea how this compares to the BCG but looking forward to finding out, mine should be here any day(7 weeks before it shipped a week ago because of my color choice I guess) probably getting close to the same weight per cap regardless of grind but I have never measured.

Edit: I probably shouldn’t be comparing fine leftovers to an actual fine grind plate grinder as I have not tried it yet.

Last edited:

jracerx

The outer parts are first-run Hematite, inside is a later run.

P-20190418-172342.jpg

Shit Snacks

Well well you all tried your best to sway me to stray from my path, but I am going to go with all sky blue after all. That's what I was originally thinking before I discovered you can mix and match, as that Hematite called my name...

Of course I am still not 100% sure (if I ever even am lol) though I am going to go ahead and order so I can finally put this choice anxiety behind me! I know I will be happy with it, and if I am extremely happy with it I will probably end up with hematite stuff too eventually...

Seriously, thanks everyone for all your perspective input, help with photos, aaand patience with me. Another reason why I love this place, what a lovely community of potfreaks we are!

:razz:

Jgott56

Well well you all tried your best to sway me to stray from my path, but I am going to go with all sky blue after all. That's what I was originally thinking before I discovered you can mix and match, as that Hematite called my name...

Of course I am still not 100% sure (if I ever even am lol) though I am going to go ahead and order so I can finally put this choice anxiety behind me! I know I will be happy with it, and if I am extremely happy with it I will probably end up with hematite stuff too eventually...

Seriously, thanks everyone for all your perspective input, help with photos, aaand patience with me. Another reason why I love this place, what a lovely community of potfreaks we are!

:razz:
Congrats!!

I see it as one color is playing it safe. You know what you’re getting and will be happy. For me, mixing and matching could go wildly well or horribly bad.

So I’m wrestling with the prospect of being disappointed that I didn’t go big with a color “idea”.

All this for a grinder...

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I emailed them for a picture of a few combinations, and got a quick reply saying they would get to it when they had time, but haven’t heard back, and it’s been a few days.

That said, I know my timing was TERRIBLE, and that they are very busy.

Gonna just bite the bullet (billet? Because aluminum? #dadjoke) and order. I’m sure they are all gorgeous, and worst case, I’ll sell them and get a new color or new size later.

Jgott56

I emailed them for a picture of a few combinations, and got a quick reply saying they would get to it when they had time, but haven’t heard back, and it’s been a few days.

That said, I know my timing was TERRIBLE, and that they are very busy.

Gonna just bite the bullet (billet? Because aluminum? #dadjoke) and order. I’m sure they are all gorgeous, and worst case, I’ll sell them and get a new color or new size later.

Haha. Great minds. I emailed them 6 hours ago. Let’s see if I get a response tomorrow.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I’m sure they are all gorgeous

I'm sure you are right. You will be happy with your purchase, no matter the color.
The function is what it's all about, and the quality of the function of this grinder is definitely not matched, and most certainly not exceeded, by any other grinder on the market at this time that I know of.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I feel like someone needs to make a page that will allow you to see your custom creations.

Maybe I could just take lines of color and see if that helps me decide. That’s basically all it is when it’s 2D anyway.
Agree. A 2d side view of color combo would be a huge help.

Cnell

I’ve been following this thread for some time now. Thanks to you all my back account is dwindling .
I ordered the set with different colored middle plates to distinguish them apart. Ordered March 14th, still patiently waiting. Which plate would be best for my Mighty? I also have 2 Dynavaps which I’ll experiment between medium and fine. I’m thinking the Mighty might take the coarse plate?
Anyway thanks for helping me spend my money
Claudia

Jgott56

I've heard from multiple folks that the medium plate works best for Arizer products. Some people are even saying they're going to use the fine plate for their vapcaps...

so what the hell would do you use the coarse grind plate for?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Jgott56 you report the post and ask one of our sexy mods to delete it for ya. Easy peasy! :tup:

There are members here that love their coarse plate for vapcaps & other vapes and if you tried to take it, they would beat you senseless. Now I confess I haven’t played with mine and its grind much yet but my advice would be to not completely discount the coarse plate without using it or looking through the thread.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Last edited by a moderator:

jracerx

Old Hematite, Silver, New Hemate, Old Hematite

P-20190419-124656.jpg

New hematite and sliver would make a nice subtle two-tone

Regardless of the color this thing is awesome.

I happened upon some killer bud...but it ended up going hermie and has some seeds,
the large grind is perfect as the seeds fall down and don't get chopped up.

Medium grind is my overall favorite though.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Your grinder is vary attractive jracerx.

The new hermatite is spot on. The old hermatite wasn't hermatite at all. When put next to the other blues (i.e. sky, sapphire) it looked a navy blue with an overcast of royal blue.

Spot on. Hematite top & bottom & a silver grinding plate. And I think the gold as another grinding plate color would be both beautiful & dope. And how about a sky blue middle - that would be an unusual, but appealing combo. :\

Last edited:

derosavapore

Solo canotto!
Got me with the set. Does someone use the coarse plate?
Is it usefull for vaping or more a smokers interest?

Happy you know...

Oh, summer, excuse me, stupid me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MoltenTiger

The older Hematite colour was very dark, quite like actual hematite

1-LB-HEMATITE-Tumbled-CRYSTAL-Polished-LOT-Natural-_1.jpg

o888cy.jpg

Its not any more navy than the real stuff.

The improved lighter colour is just a further distinction from Onyx.
I actually was never sure if i had an Onyx or Hematite plate, but its the same as @jracerx posted above, its like dark slate, or rolled/polished hematite.

The coarse plate would be decent for joints, I'd use the fine for smoking bowls.

I mostly use the medium and the fine as a vaporist, but the coarse is the fastest, requires the least effort, disrupts the bud minimally preserving flavour and trichs better than the rest.

Its a good chop for the Sublimator

Top Bottom