1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Brilliant Cut Grinder

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by lazylathe, Apr 23, 2018.

1. yeswecann

yeswecann Active Member

Thanks. Part of me thinks go fine. Hoping for a 4/20 sale!

pxl_jockey and MoltenTiger like this.
  2. kilo

kilo Well-Known Member

The medium plate will handle most of your needs. I like the coarse for rolling spliffs and stuffing into bowls for the combustion crowd. The medium works great in my portables, but the fine plate works really well in the FlowerPot spread out in a thin layer on the wide 20 mm screen.

Stripzest, Roth, pxl_jockey and 4 others like this.
  3. sixstringsmash

sixstringsmash Well-Known Member

Just received delivery of my grinder this morning. can't wait for the work shift to end and then I'll be able to play around with it a little bit later tonight. Very exciting! I'll make sure to post an update once I get more familiar with it.

4. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Well-Known Member

I’m not trying to be a party pooper and I know we’ve all been conditioned to expect killer discounts for the 4/20 holiday and Black Friday too. But in this case, I think expectations might very well be disappointed with reality. I’m pretty doubtful that GFL will have a huge 4/20 sale because they’ve only been manufacturing for around three months. Currently there’s still a lead time between order and delivery, they simply don’t have enough product in stock for a huge 4/20 sale atm.

They would only be creating a crappy situation for themselves. Even NewVape & Dynavap, who have been in existence for years and have decent backstock of products have difficulty meeting demand during these two sales events. I’m just amazed by the people who wait for the big 4/20 discount, buy it and then post complaining about they don’t have it two days later, with no thought of the fact that these tiny companies are struggling with a backlog because hundreds of folks were waiting for that sale. People kill me.

5. Cnell

Cnell Active Member

I’ve been skimming through the threads here and have a stupid question; no screen and no pollen catcher on the BCG?

6. SquirrelMaster

SquirrelMaster Well-Known Member

Not yet but it's planned. They're trying to make it so that those that buy a 3 piece can buy upgrade with the 1 additional piece. Also a larger version is planned.

MoltenTiger, Ramahs and Roth like this.
  7. Cnell

Cnell Active Member

Thank you, that would be great. I’m planning on the 3 piece set. I like the small size!

MoltenTiger and Roth like this.
  8. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

No kief catcher at this time. Their future 2.75" one will have one & at some point the are gonna see if retro fitting this 2" is possible. But as pxl_jockey, they're super busy.

I just saw over on vgoodiez.com: "Brilliant Cut Grinders Coming Soon."

9. SFdrifter

SFdrifter New Member

Hey, what a great grinder! Smaller than I expected, but that's actually probably a good thing. Ordered 9 February; received notice of shipment 6 March; received in the San Francisco Bay Area on 11 March.

MoltenTiger, Ramahs, Jill NYC and 8 others like this.
  10. sixstringsmash

Damn you ordered two and a half weeks after me and still got yours in 2 days before me :shrug:

MoltenTiger, Ramahs and Stripzest like this.
  11. NizzyJones

NizzyJones Well-Known Member

Nature of the beast, they're coming back from the anodizer in batches so they get shipped out in batches.

12. sixstringsmash

Hey guys I'm having a bit of an issue with the BCG I received today. I think I might be doing something wrong so if anyone who's had theirs for a while might be able to steer me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. The problem I seem to be having is I'm having immense trouble opening the grinder without making my herb fly everywhere.

After I grind my herbs and go to open the BCG to access the grinded herbs, it takes a lot of effort to take the top part off. Since I'm putting a lot of effort into opening the grinder, when I do finally open it the force of me getting it open seems to make the herb just fly out of the grinder the second I open the thing. I've lost about half a gram to my carpet already just trying to play around with different methods of opening this thing and every time I'm screwing myself out of more herb. Is there a gentle touch method to getting this thing open that I'm just not understanding here?

13. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Just controlled strength which I can't put into words. :\ Kind of like you do with a pickle jar when the lids too tight & you don't want the liquid to spew all over when you do get the lid off.

14. Roth

Roth Pining for the Mountains

Make sure to crack it like an egg. It requires much less force than trying to pull it straight apart.

With the right technique you can actually open it with one hand with the egg cracking technique.

Hope that helps!

15. sixstringsmash

Gotchya I'll keep trying and see if I can get this down. I think my biggest problem with this though is my Tourrette's gives me pretty bad hand tics and when I'm opening the thing it's hard to keep my other hand steady at the same time. I might try to see if I can figure out a way to keep the bottom part held in place while opening the top part or something.

16. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Great analogy, Roth. :clap: I'm so analogy deficent. :rolleyes:

Easywider, MoltenTiger, Roth and 2 others like this.
  17. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

Like @Summer said, it is all in the control. I give it an ever so slight twist which sort of holds it in against magnet and am then able to pull it off with a bit more control.
    Not sure if that makes sense or helps at all.

18. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Jill, I do crack mine like an egg, but I can't twist/turn the collection bowl opposite from the lid & grinder plate. Can't twist at all as the magnet is too strong.

19. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Well-Known Member

@sixstringsmash hey my man, just a thought: maybe practice with it empty? The very first time I put it together, I struggled initially with opening. The egg-cracking analogy is brilliant, it’s a simple but deft movement and shouldn’t require any real strength when done correctly. I actually think it’s a great grinder option for folks with hand issues; whether arthritis or strength-related, other nerve/musculoskeletal conditions including neuropathy. So reading about your troubles is, well, troubling! :D

I empathise, having experienced occasional issues with hand tics & jerks, little uncontrollable spasms, also numbness and pain due to nerve damage and have often noticed that they seem to occur, more often and more intensely, when I am doing something that requires a level of precision or unfamiliar coordination, generally at the worst possible times of course. But, let me be in a creative “zone” and I’m effortlessly precise and steady because I’m not consciously trying. I’m not even really conscious in the zone.

So my advice is: don’t fuck with it to the point of frustration. Step away, vape a bit, do some deep breathing or whatever works for you. You’ve probably tried this already but I suggest holding the bottom flat on the table with your “other hand”, also kinda pushing down, be sure that you’re only holding onto the bottom piece. I think the pushing down bit is like opening @Summer’s pickle jar. I thought, depending on the severity of your hand tics, this downward pressure might provide you with enough stability to hold it steady. The pickle jar is an excellent analogy @Summer !

Now back to the excellent analogy from Master @Roth , think of the little flourish of the hand when cracking an egg, the way your hand goes up at the end of the movement. Then think of the BCG as a clam and with your dominant hand, make sure you’re grasping both upper pieces and gently pry “the clam” open with that same little flourish as you do so. It’s not a huge learning curve and I honestly think that once the muscle memory clicks, it’s going to be completely effortless and you won’t even think about it.

Good Vaping Gods, you’re probably way past this after all the time I’ve taken to write this essay! Perhaps some other unfortunate reader in a jam might benefit from it. Yeah, let’s just say that. :lol:

20. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Welcome to the family. Please come back here and let us know what you think!
    I strongly suspect that you'll be very happy. @Grinders for Life is producing a fantastic product.

[​IMG]

I've used 4-piece grinders with a screen & kief-catch 99% of the time before this. And now I'm not sure I want to go back to a 4-piece. I'm finding myself preferring to leave all that kief in the herb I'm vaping now.

Think as if opening it more like a book.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  21. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

22. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

+1

Ramahs, Easywider, Cnell and 5 others like this.
  23. kilo

kilo Well-Known Member

So true — vape that kief when it's nice and fresh!

Ramahs, Cnell, YaMon and 1 other person like this.
  24. NizzyJones

NizzyJones Well-Known Member

That made me think to try twisting while opening and it makes it feel like it's harder to open than hinging straight up. Maybe folks are having a hard time losing the habit of twisting to open grinders? Those three posts that grip the center poll stop it from twisting.

Stripzest, MonkeyTime and Summer like this.
  25. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

When you try to twist you can really feel just how strong the magnets are. :nod:

Stripzest likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors