• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Most important is the name change as this clears up any possible confusion with other grinders.
No date for release yet. It appears as if the Stona Grinder people are nice and picky! Just like us1

Did he ask a lawyer? So my iuridcal concerns were legitimately?

But sorry, there is a long way in connotation from "Diamond" to "Stona". Why not just "Brilliant"?
There are a lot of diamond cuts. That he uses for the outer shape is a classic round "Brilliant" cut.
BTW the "Brilliant" sounds much better than a - sorry - fuckin' "Stona" and even better than "Diamond" IMO.
Just another advice.....

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I wonder where this "ring" of contaminants is coming from?

To me, just looks like the unground herb was put between the two rows of teeth & when the lid was put on & pressed down & turned to grind, the sticky terps left behind a residue. Certainly not contaminants.

Looking forward to a pic of the coarse grind when available & a visual comparison of all 3 grinds next to each other. I, too, like Brilliant grinder. Or how about Brilliant D grinder -- D for diamond.

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: Hogni
To me, just looks like the unground herb was put between the two rows of teeth & when the lid was put on & pressed down & turned to grind, the sticky terps left behind a residue. Certainly not contaminants.

Bad wording on my part. I blame english not being my mother tongue. :rolleyes: More like contaminants, as in "stuff that's left in the grinder", yknow?
I think it could be avoided by "pushing" the herb that's sitting in between the two rows to the side (with angled teeth). Curious why I haven't seen this happening in any other grinder so far...:hmm:

LabPong

Curious why I haven't seen this happening in any other grinder so far...:hmm:

I have not seen that pattern, or teeth shape on any other grinder....so there is the simple answer.

But if that is all the build up there is....I would certainly take that over any buildup between the 2 halves of the grinder. Another words...the normal build up area that makes it feel sticky and not rotate smoothly or easily.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Did he ask a lawyer? So my iuridcal concerns were legitimately?

But sorry, there is a long way in connotation from "Diamond" to "Stona". Why not just "Brilliant"?
There are a lot of diamond cuts. That he uses for the outer shape is a classic round "Brilliant" cut.
BTW the "Brilliant" sounds much better than a - sorry - fuckin' "Stona" and even better than "Diamond" IMO.
Just another advice.....

Your views are your views and valid to you.
Names of products are very personal and they chose Stona.
Please try and keep your profanity to yourself and out of this thread, it is not required at all...

The manufacturers have chosen the name, if you or @Summer do not approve, please go onto Instagram and chat to the manufacturers. Makes sense to me...

@ArgetCraio
Absolutely ZERO contamination.
If you read all my posts you will have read that the material I put through the grinder ranged from very dry to quite moist and sticky. The very sticky resin does get stuck to the grinders surface.
So far I know of no grinder that will not collect some form of resin somewhere, even the SLX collects some. This does NOT affect the grinding performance at all and it is still silky smooth.

Hogni

WTF?? :uhh:
At least my iuridical view I told you in one of my last posts seemed worth to you to communicate about with the creator.
Just thought you act as a middleman between "the manufacturer" and the FC thread community. And we all just to try making some constructive advices. So there is absolute no reason for your arrogant tone - as such it sounds to me at least. Anyway - I'm out with my "profanity" - good luck for the Stona...

seriousTone

I just have a golden gate grinder I got off amazon a few years ago. I don’t even know if they’re considered good grinders or not. I never got into the whole grinder obsession. It probably grinds medium coarse, if I had to guess. Has always worked fine for all of my vapes until I need a super fine grind, which I then turn to my finishing grinder.

Kind have thought about getting a new grinder recently but not too seriously. This looks interesting and maybe I’ll just save myself the headache of researching and pick one up whenever I finally do get a new one.

Is there going to be a two piece version? Or is the screen removable already and I’d know that if I went back and searched this thread or the site?

seriousTone,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

lazylathe

Almost there...
WTF?? :uhh:
At least my iuridical view I told you in one of my last posts seemed worth to you to communicate about with the creator.
Just thought you act as a middleman between "the manufacturer" and the FC thread community. And we all just to try making some constructive advices. So there is absolute no reason for your arrogant tone - as such it sounds to me at least. Anyway - I'm out with my "profanity" - good luck for the Stona...

No arrogant tone here my friend.
I communicated your concerns and they changed the name to one that suited them.
I am sorry it does not suit you but there is nothing I can do about that...
Once again, I have no idea why they chose that specific name but that is what it is...

Have you thought about contacting them on Instagram to chat with them directly??

@wild anchovy
Check the update at the top of the page.

lazylathe,
Reactions: Alexis

Hogni

It was just a spontanous idea/association I suggested in a friendly and constructive way to think about. Personally I dont care about the name in no way. It's not my buisiness so why should I contact the manufacturer in another way. Seems not worth the efforts.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Please try and keep your profanity to yourself and out of this thread

Relax ll, @Hogni was just using fucking as an adjective.

The manufacturers have chosen the name, if you or @Summer do not approve, please go onto Instagram and chat to the manufacturers. Makes sense to me...

If the manufacturer is worth his salt, he's reading this thread so he already knows without having to post on IG. And it's not a matter of approve or not as he's gonna name it what ever the heck he desires. Hogni simply suggested Brilliant for the logical reason of diamond cuts & I liked it & seconded it. That's all. And it really does have a dual meaning -- not only diamond cuts, but if it functions as sterling as it's made out to, then, yes, it would be brilliant. ;)

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
It was just a spontanous idea/association I suggested in a friendly and constructive way to think about. Personally I dont care about the name in no way. It's not my buisiness so why should I contact the manufacturer in another way. Seems not worth the efforts.

You seem to be interested in the grinder, so why not be an active part of the community and chat with them? Seemed like a good suggestion since posting it here will not make much difference I would imagine.
They are very appreciative of new ideas, so why not?

@Summer In the English language, there are many better adjectives that could have been used, that was my point and that was it, nothing more.

Again, why not contact them? if anyone posting in this thread has any interest in this grinder, contact the manufacturers on IG.
The more the community helps them out, the better the product will be for us, the end users.

Please remember, I am just one guy who has interest in this grinder and it's successful launch. I only have so much knowledge and as a whole, the FC community can help make this the perfect grinder.

If you have a few minutes, contact them with your ideas and thoughts!

Let's all be constructive!

@Hogni @Summer
Just my :2c: on the name change.
I quite like it and once I stopped to actually think about it, I like the name even more.
At first I thought it brought more bad light onto us, as in we are stoners and this is our grinder.
Then I thought about it more and thought about how grinding all started! A rounded rock smashing grain in a rounded depression in rock! Stone grinding I would imagine was the first way stuff was broken down.
So that is how I associate the name and it has grown on me!

Last edited:

Hogni

It's a pitty that you didn't have understand how it was meant by me. My bad - sorry for my lack of english skills to strike the right tone. But the name is ridiculous for a high quality product it supposes to be. Just MY imho.
Am sure something like that is totally keen about the name :p

Back to the product itself.

:cheers:

lazylathe

Almost there...
It's a pitty that you didn't have understand how it was meant by me. My bad - sorry for my lack of english skills to strike the right tone. But the name is ridiculous for a high quality product it supposes to be. Just MY imho.
Am sure something like that is totally keen about the name :p

Back to the product itself.

:cheers:

No worries my friend! Just a friendly head butting! LOL!
Just an FYI, when I clicked your link I was automatically signed up for emails from that youtuber...odd.

back to the product itself, indeed!!
More news!

I was chatting to the manufacturer about the name, it's in discussion.
They have also just checked on this thread and alerted me to some errors on my part!
I did not scrutinize the grinders enough before taking them apart and trying them in all different ways!
So I messed up what goes where...
This also affects the grind, it should be finer than what I was getting.

I am going to clean the grinders and take new pics of the correct alignment and new pics of the grinds!

Sorry about the confusion, there are no Beta instructions yet and it worked so well!
Updates later!

Hogni

No worries, lazy. Sorry it was just the link to the overwiew of all his stuff. I didn't know about a sign in. If you want to start hating - do it! ;) It's just an example for a total jackass in behaviour imo.

The manufacturer just shouldn't start to check on this thread he better should begin to participate this thread than to use you as his "front pig" only (is it an english term just directly translated from German?) You did enough for him now it's time to participate himself imho to avoid any kind of confusion. I think you have done more than enough for this project :tup:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks for clarification, my dear. You know what I mean :tup:

I think you should introduce "front pig" or just "Frontschwein" into your language. It sounds better and explains the diminishing accent better ;)

LMAO!! I am doing this 100% willingly! No one is twisting my arm at all.
It is a product I believe in and I will devote my time to providing the correct info at all times.
We chatted a bit today on IG and after a bit they signed off and went to work on more prototyping and redesigns. That makes me happy that they are constantly evolving this grinder to provide the perfect grind for every situation.

A quick Google of your "Frontschwein" translated as this:
Front-Line soldier.

I am exactly that and have no issues or concerns at all!
Just like Bob Marley and his Buffalo Soldier song, except nothing like it at all...
I do not however possess the t-shirt or the tattoo! LOL!

So long as everyone understands my position in this thread, we will all get along swimmingly!
I have a coarse and fine BETA grinder, quite a few versions old already.
Many design changes to accommodate a lot of the requests here.
I am sure the manufacturers will show a presence here once the design is finalized and they are ready for release. Up until then, it's CAD software and simulations all day and night and then shop time and in-house testing.
My V1 grinder is perfect for my use and I cannot imagine it any better but apparently the revisions are proving to be extremely good!

lazylathe

Almost there...
The Fine Grinder
qqvm9j.jpg

The Coarse Grinder
2ugj85u.jpg

The two pictures above show the correct parts together.
In my last pic update, I was using mismatched bits together that were not technically supposed to be able to be used together. Mad science at work here and showing just how good V1 really is!

The fine Grinder:
As you can see it has blunt teeth as this provides a finer grind.

The Coarse Grinder:
As you can see it has the sharper teeth that end with sharp edges.

The Fine Grinder loaded up with some dry Romulan.
2remp81.jpg

And the final product with a correctly assembled grinder!
Herb on the left is stored with a Boveda, the herb on the right was not.
What I find really interesting about this grinder is how it handled the very dry bud! In my other grinders it would have been pulverized into a powder but the Stona handled it like a pro and spat out a med/fine grind! My KannaStor or New Vape grinder would have dusted it!
2j2tamo.jpg

Also note that the grind consistency has changed as all the tolerances have been tightened up.
They are still hard at work in the shop perfecting their masterpiece!

stonaGrinders

Grinder Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the feedback. It's been great to hear and it has been extremely helpful in refining the product to match what you guys actually want. We really appreciate it.

Thanks lazylathe for being our "Frontschwein" on here. You've been super helpful.

We're going to be sending out another set of beta grinders next week sometime after they get back from the anodizer. We'll be testing the colours Emerald Green and Ruby Red. We'll be sending them to @lazylathe, @szai, @antispleen, and @paytonpenn. We'll try to make the grinder even better with the next round of feedback from the beta testers and from people on here after the testers review them.

As for our name, we are taking your feedback seriously. We'll think about it some more. Lately, we've been focusing mostly on making this product perfect. It's still a work in progress, but we are getting closer to launching. We wanted to somehow associate it with gemstones. Another alternative was "The Gema Grinder", but we didn't like the sound of it. The meaning was great though. Etymology - Latin gemma "precious stone, jewel", originally "bud". In the end, the decision will be only as good as the alternatives, so we would love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks for your interest and keep the feedback coming. You guys are extremely knowledgeable and it's awesome to hear your opinions.

@Summer it would be great to get your feedback on the course grind because I know that's what you want. Do you want to be included in the beta test?

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
He's gonna come on here and he's reading the thread. He's more than willing to listen to feedback.

@lazylathe you need to chill out go take a couple of hits. Dude doesn't want you acting all aggressive

Please do not tell other members to chill. If he breaks the rules, report it and move on without responding. If you have a problem with him, use a PM. Remember that our first rule is Be Nice. Thanks for your cooperation.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@stonaGrinders, 1st, welcome! It's nice to have you participating on the thread. Yes, thank you, I would love to be a beta tester for the coarse grinder. Except for the Lift Innovation coarse grinder, there aren't any others, so those of us who like coarse grinds have been out of luck. I will send you my contact info. in a pm.

Top Bottom