Brilliant Cut Grinder

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Thanks for the support Ramahs. Your grinder is on the way. All the other beta grinders were shipped out as well.

The larger 2.7"(68.5mm) diameter 3-piece 7075 aluminium grinder is in the pipeline and so is a 2.2"(56mm) diameter 4-piece 7075 aluminium grinder. They both require a bit more work, but we'll start releasing pictures in the coming months. When we're ready, we'll send a few 2.7" diameter beta grinders out. That grinder is probably next.

That 2.7" grinder sounds like the ideal size for me, and I think will compliment your growing grinder portfolio nicely!

I'm curious, which colors have proven to be the most popular so far? Did quite a few mix and match colors, or were the majority solid colors?

Bummer there were so many issues with the annodizer, but hopefully all the kinks are worked out at this point. I'm personally more than satisfied with the resolution you and your team came up with.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
My grinders arrived in the mail shortly ago and I am very pleased at the initial impression. Very solid feel in the hands.

I got 2 Sapphire grinders, so I have ones with a slight color mismatch between the bottom piece and the rest.

There is a color difference, but it is indeed very slight. To my eye, the bottom has a touch more green to it. But it is truly very minor. I can see it since I know it's there, but had I not been told about it, it probably would have taken a day or so before I noticed it. It's small enough that it's not going to bother me on the long run, especially when I consider the discount I received.

Going to hold off on any usage reports until I get a little time with the grinder under my belt.

Thanks @Grinders for Life !

Easywider

Simple is the way
Have I told anyone today how much I love magnets! :razz:

Got mine in the mail about an hour ago, feels really solid, can't stop playing with it.

I had ordered 3 pieces Hematite Fine Grind.

I received 3 pieces of Hematite with medium grind plate and a fine grind plate in silver.
I must say I like the colour mismatch with the silver even better then what I had ordered so that worked out to be a nice bonus. Especially with the added Med plate.

I tossed in a .4 and started grinding my first impression was that it wasn't working properly. It turned with zero resistance like I forgot to put my bud in. I even opened it up to check, I knew damn well I put my bud in but I've never experienced a grinder turn so freely. Anyway there was my bud 80% pulverized, a few more turns and it was empty again. Very quick

I don't really have a nice grinder to compare this one 2, I have a New Vape coarse grind that completely seizes on me about the 3rd or 4th turn and a collection of freebies that came with vape purchases.

This is definitely going to be my new favourite grinder, Thanks @Grinders for Life I LOVE MAGNETS :rockon:

OH did I mention that it's beautiful ? The Hematite is like a dark blue gun metal :brow::cool:

kilo

I'm waiting for my hematite to show up. I ordered all three plates. I felt sort of weird spending that much on a grinder but even though I have some top notch grinders I always felt that the process could be improved. When doing a fine grind, even on my 3½" Space Case, there always seems to be a bunch of really fine particles that stick to the teeth of the grinder and build up around the edges. Anyway GfL seems to be a good company and I'm pretty sure I made a good decision.

Easywider

Simple is the way
I'm putting mine to work tomorrow, going to do some house cleaning. I have an office locker "The Dispensary" I call it with about 40+ jars labeled with bovida packs. Anything with less then 3g's is getting shredded. I need to reclaim some jars! Should be a good first run, will probably go through a good 1/2oz

Easywider

Simple is the way
Here's some pics #Fuckthreads

IMG-0083.jpg

IMG-0084.jpg

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
That 2.7" grinder sounds like the ideal size for me, and I think will compliment your growing grinder portfolio nicely!

I'm curious, which colors have proven to be the most popular so far? Did quite a few mix and match colors, or were the majority solid colors?

Bummer there were so many issues with the annodizer, but hopefully all the kinks are worked out at this point. I'm personally more than satisfied with the resolution you and your team came up with.

The most popular color was Sapphire, but not by much. A few people mixed and matched but most chose solid colors.

The top 5 colors in order of popularity were:
1. Sapphire
2. Onyx
3. Silver
4. Hematite
5. Emerald

Have I told anyone today how much I love magnets! :razz:

Got mine in the mail about an hour ago, feels really solid, can't stop playing with it.

I received 3 pieces of Hematite with medium grind plate and a fine grind plate in silver.
I must say I like the colour mismatch with the silver even better then what I had ordered so that worked out to be a nice bonus. Especially with the added Med plate.

I tossed in a .4 and started grinding my first impression was that it wasn't working properly. It turned with zero resistance like I forgot to put my bud in. I even opened it up to check, I knew damn well I put my bud in but I've never experienced a grinder turn so freely. Anyway there was my bud 80% pulverized, a few more turns and it was empty again. Very quick

I don't really have a nice grinder to compare this one 2, I have a New Vape coarse grind that completely seizes on me about the 3rd or 4th turn and a collection of freebies that came with vape purchases.

This is definitely going to be my new favourite grinder, Thanks @Grinders for Life I LOVE MAGNETS :rockon:

OH did I mention that it's beautiful ? The Hematite is like a dark blue gun metal :brow::cool:

Great review @Easywider and awesome pictures too. We're glad that it's going to be your new favorite grinder.

We tried really hard to make it as smooth as possible even with heavy use. You pretty much only feel the restriction caused by the herb being ground up. The outside walls on the top and middle parts never actually touch each other, so they never introduce any restriction or binding. Under normal operation, the only place where the top and middle parts interface is on the rim of the middle and on the super low-friction, abrasion-resistant, food-grade plastic washer on the top. The tooth design also contributes to the smoothness. We found that this geometry gave us the grind consistency we wanted while being incredibly smooth at the same time.

Last edited:

elykpeace

exVASted
whats up!

so my onyx with medium plate came in and first impressions: Beautiful! it came with all the peices individually wrapped!? gotta keep that baby in pristine condition.

i can only compare to my medium scs 2 peice. i love the consistancy of the scs but having the extra storage on deck (without threads) is amazing!! ive owned the free piu grinder and a few interplanetary development sw1 and sw2 and this by far is my favorite, ive even found a pull string bag so i can keep it scratch free for as long as possible

heres some pics (GH for scale)

image.jpg

image.jpg

its not much wider in diameter then the scs but the height makes turning effortless compared to my fingers rubbing together once in a while with the scs. id say since the scs is 2 peice some herb comes out chunky with fine bits sprinkled in but not with the brilliant cut grinder. very uniform and fluffy (my preference)

ill admit i was skeptical. now im a BCG 4L there just isnt a reason to have more then one grinder. so ill be gifting my trusty scs to a buddy.

edit: got the pics to work finally sorry

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

I'm waiting for my hematite to show up. I ordered all three plates. I felt sort of weird spending that much on a grinder but even though I have some top notch grinders I always felt that the process could be improved. When doing a fine grind, even on my 3½" Space Case, there always seems to be a bunch of really fine particles that stick to the teeth of the grinder and build up around the edges. Anyway GfL seems to be a good company and I'm pretty sure I made a good decision.

My Emerald just showed up, you're going to love the fine plate! I only had time to run one small nugget through, but the grind consistency looked incredible! It was easy to turn and beautiful.

I'm off to pick up some VXL glass from Fed Ex, so I can't say much more yet, but it's going to be a fun weekend!

**Edited for my lack of editing earlier..... it was a great consistency, not constantly, and just a phone typo.

Last edited:

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
whats up!

so my onyx with medium plate came in and first impressions: Beautiful! it came with all the peices individually wrapped!? gotta keep that baby in pristine condition.

i can only compare to my medium scs 2 peice. i love the consistancy of the scs but having the extra storage on deck (without threads) is amazing!! ive owned the free piu grinder and a few interplanetary development sw1 and sw2 and this by far is my favorite, ive even found a pull string bag so i can keep it scratch free for as long as possible

heres some pics (GH for scale)

image.jpg

image.jpg

its not much wider in diameter then the scs but the height makes turning effortless compared to my fingers rubbing together once in a while with the scs. id say since the scs is 2 peice some herb comes out chunky with fine bits sprinkled in but not with the brilliant cut grinder. very uniform and fluffy (my preference)

ill admit i was skeptical. now im a BCG 4L there just isnt a reason to have more then one grinder. so ill be gifting my trusty scs to a buddy.

edit: got the pics to work finally sorry

Nice review. We always had a lot of respect for the SCS. It was one of grinders to beat. It's great to hear you prefer the BCG over the SCS.

BCG 4L. I like that. :)

@antispleen and @Hogni both suggested that we make a velvet pull-string bag for the grinder. We did.

Here are some pictures. We just got them in yesterday.

akv4ih.jpg

wc24pd.jpg

elykpeace

exVASted
Nice review. We always had a lot of respect for the SCS. It was one of grinders to beat. It's great to hear you prefer the BCG over the SCS.

BCG 4L. I like that. :)

@antispleen and @Hogni both suggested that we make a velvet pull-string bag for the grinder. We did.

Here are some pictures. We just got them in yesterday.

akv4ih.jpg

wc24pd.jpg
to be honest this grinder is so sexy i guess thats why i looked for someting to protect it. will be an excellent add on. my scs is pissed. never recieved as much affection lol heres mine
not as fancy but it works
image.jpg

MonkeyTime

Good morning all you FCer's!

Who knew grinding could be so much fun?

I had some time for grinding and pictures last night, so we'll call this a early honeymoon review.

I'll apologize for the quality of the pictures now, they're off and old S4 I keep around for just these types of things, still my favorite phone.

She's more beautiful than I could capture, I'm no photographer.

20190111-190529.jpg

I thought the best way to give everyone an early, broad view on this was to break it down.

First, with my slightly dry 55% RH material, we set out to see what the largest amount she'd grind comfortably. It can handle more than I'd regularly do for cleanliness reasons, I settled in on .3g loads.

You can't see the scale with the flash, but I pulled off three .3g bud tops..... and we started with the fine plate.

20190111-184832.jpg

I broke the bud tip into three smaller pieces and gave it three full turns to find....

20190111-185042.jpg

Not bad, but I noticed some starting to gather in the outside edge, something that's plagued my favorite grinder, the GR8TR. Looking over the lid, I notice teeth on the outside rim? Ok, they may have this covered!

20190111-185307.jpg

I realize now I didn't get a pic of the results inside, but she was clean all around. The only thing left was a small fleck or two that caught in the openings on their way down.

The grind is extremely consistent for a fine grind and still almost had a fluffiness to it. The GR8TR may be just a touch finer grind than this, and maybe that's the difference. But this seems to have just a touch courser size, but keeps an airy texture. It packed and vaped very well in both my Evo and MV last night, both basket style loads. This morning it really excelled in the Fierce with a loading capsule.

If this thing can stay clean, everyone is going to have a new favorite grinder! Moving on I finished with another .3g in the medium plate.....

20190111-190142.jpg

That's the fine grind in the glass, medium grind in the grinder. The coarse plate.....

20190111-190351.jpg

That's the fine grind top right in the glass, medium grind bottom left in the glass, and coarse grind in the grinder.

All three plates give you a very consistent result. It turns very easy, smooth as advertised. I'm beyond happy with this so far, congratulations @Grinders for Life !

Ok, I should be beta testing for you, this is an easy one. Let's work out a way to change either the pin on the grinding plate or the teeth on the bottom of the grinding plate. They are just off from being able to stack inside each other, or rather, stack with your two plates on top of one another.

It would both conserve space and protect all the plates if you could nest them. Picture your grinder with all three plates installed on the shelf, you need to grind, you pull the ones you don't need off, put aside nested, and grind. When done, throw them back on for safety, they're sharp and away you go.

I have a few ideas, but without knowing the progressional design history, not sure which would work best. I should have taken of a picture of my attempt to show how close they are now to fitting.....

Wanting to finish on a positive note for a wonderful new product...... I can't say enough great things about this grinder! I'm anxious to run something a little stickier and more moist thru it, but based on how it's handling what I've thrown at it so far, I'm guessing it will eat it up and spit it out just like it did last night.

MonkeyTime

@MonkeyTime - Thanks for your detailed review. I too have a GR8TR that I use exclusively. And like you, I hate dealing with the material that collects along the edge of the grinding plates.

I know it's early in your 'honeymoon', but how do you see your GR8TR's future now that you have this new GfL ginder?

I don't use it exclusively, I use my SLX a lot too because of the cleaning issue. That is another great grinder with it's own idiosyncrasies.

I ran about 3g total thru it last night. I was very happy with the grind and it's function. That's one thing I haven't mentioned yet. I think because I'll also have to admit how many times I went to open it and tried to twist it out of habit. I'm guessing soon it will be the opposite.

I haven't talked much about the function yet. It's very well thought out. I haven't decided how much the stud in the base of the unit is an issue for me. I typically grind and load my basket/elb right from there. The stud takes some getting use to?

Other than that, because the grind seems to rank right there, the main factor in whether or not it becomes my daily driver will be how it deals with staying clean. Early impressions are it will be come my go-to, but we're not quite 24 hours in and I'm a sucker for Emeralds!

NizzyJones

2mcaq8g.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsiwkSMDXTX/

The hype is real.

Super-nice fluffy fine grind (I only have the fine plate), super easy to use, and no more threads. So many times I've dumped weed out only because I was being too lazy the screw the grinder back together - I like vapes with tiny bowls so I'm usually repacking frequently if I'm having a long session. Stoked. Will have to report back for detailed comparison but I don't expect to be using the other grinders much. Some kinda rough looking outdoor in the picture, as you can see it gave the BCG no issues at all.

elykpeace

exVASted
has really made a big difference in how easily and quick i can throw it in, grind it up, and it slides right outta the catch into my GH feeder . DONE. no paper funnel no mess.

normally id get a peice of paper to dump everything out on and to be honest it became a chore and messy. simplified my method and gives me more time for whats important:2c::love:

:tup:

Last edited:

rozroz

just got mine :)
unnamed-1.jpg

pretty fast shipment to Israel.
about a week.
the color is a bit yellow in the pic but it's total silver.
as anyone said, all works pretty smooth.
tried a tiny bit (around 0.1),
the first grind that went through my FinePlate could have been finer to my taste,
but i re-did a few more turns and it was as i like it.
magnets are excellent and tight. build quality is great.
as you can see, that silicone on the upper part does a great job of smoothing the turns.

as an investment for life you can't go wrong.
i will test it more, but since i come from cheap plastic grinders, i cannot really compare.
i have another tiny metal Chef grinder but the quality is not even comparable.
an ideal price for this product with 1 plate should be around 50$ imo.
maybe if i'll do a nice review.. ;)

tell me if you need any special pics.

Last edited:

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
Good morning all you FCer's!

Who knew grinding could be so much fun?

I had some time for grinding and pictures last night, so we'll call this a early honeymoon review.

I'll apologize for the quality of the pictures now, they're off and old S4 I keep around for just these types of things, still my favorite phone.

She's more beautiful than I could capture, I'm no photographer.

20190111-190529.jpg

I thought the best way to give everyone an early, broad view on this was to break it down.

First, with my slightly dry 55% RH material, we set out to see what the largest amount she'd grind comfortably. It can handle more than I'd regularly do for cleanliness reasons, I settled in on .3g loads.

You can't see the scale with the flash, but I pulled off three .3g bud tops..... and we started with the fine plate.

20190111-184832.jpg

I broke the bud tip into three smaller pieces and gave it three full turns to find....

20190111-185042.jpg

Not bad, but I noticed some starting to gather in the outside edge, something that's plagued my favorite grinder, the GR8TR. Looking over the lid, I notice teeth on the outside rim? Ok, they may have this covered!

20190111-185307.jpg

I realize now I didn't get a pic of the results inside, but she was clean all around. The only thing left was a small fleck or two that caught in the openings on their way down.

The grind is extremely consistent for a fine grind and still almost had a fluffiness to it. The GR8TR may be just a touch finer grind than this, and maybe that's the difference. But this seems to have just a touch courser size, but keeps an airy texture. It packed and vaped very well in both my Evo and MV last night, both basket style loads. This morning it really excelled in the Fierce with a loading capsule.

If this thing can stay clean, everyone is going to have a new favorite grinder! Moving on I finished with another .3g in the medium plate.....

20190111-190142.jpg

That's the fine grind in the glass, medium grind in the grinder. The coarse plate.....

20190111-190351.jpg

That's the fine grind top right in the glass, medium grind bottom left in the glass, and coarse grind in the grinder.

All three plates give you a very consistent result. It turns very easy, smooth as advertised. I'm beyond happy with this so far, congratulations @Grinders for Life !

Ok, I should be beta testing for you, this is an easy one. Let's work out a way to change either the pin on the grinding plate or the teeth on the bottom of the grinding plate. They are just off from being able to stack inside each other, or rather, stack with your two plates on top of one another.

It would both conserve space and protect all the plates if you could nest them. Picture your grinder with all three plates installed on the shelf, you need to grind, you pull the ones you don't need off, put aside nested, and grind. When done, throw them back on for safety, they're sharp and away you go.

I have a few ideas, but without knowing the progressional design history, not sure which would work best. I should have taken of a picture of my attempt to show how close they are now to fitting.....

Wanting to finish on a positive note for a wonderful new product...... I can't say enough great things about this grinder! I'm anxious to run something a little stickier and more moist thru it, but based on how it's handling what I've thrown at it so far, I'm guessing it will eat it up and spit it out just like it did last night.

What a great and thorough review of your initial impression MonkeyTime! We appreciate it. You'll definitely be a beta tester for future products that we release.

Send us a PM and tell us about your ideas. We would love to hear them.

@Summer also recommended that we make the the middles more stackable. I'll take a look at the dimensions and see what we can do. It's possible but it's going to take some rework.

When I have some time, I'll make a prototype and see how it turns out.

Can we clean with ISO or is it best just to use dishwashing liquid and warm water?

A quick ISO soak won't hurt it, but we don't recommend soaking it overnight. I personally usually only use dish washing liquid and warm water with a toothbrush.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I haven't received my sapphire one yet, fingers crossed by at the end of the week. But that picture of the hematite. :drool: Surprisingly, that would have been my 1st choice had I known that color could be so shiny & sexy, like the shiny brown OG Ghost MV-1 that GV calls black. Normally, nothing makes me deviate from blues.

@Grinders for Life, you must have purple & spice or pumpkin orange (or both!) colors. (And, yes, @Hogni, we know you want bronze & cooper. ;) :D) Not only would these be popular colors in their own right, but think of how these colors would interplay with each other on the same grinder. Purple with green or blue. & Spice & or pumpkin orange with either green, purple or hematite. Wow! Imagine a spice orange grinder plate & hematite grinder. :drool:

Your purple prototype pics leaned too red, therefore, looked too fuschia pinky purple. You need that perfect purple -- one which falls exactly centered between red & blue hues on the color wheel. So please add this suggestion to your future considerations list. :nod:

And I'm curious, did anyone select rose gold? :\

Last edited:
Top Bottom