• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Brilliant Cut Grinder

szai

It slipped because the purpose of the video was to attempt to show a grind using only one finger. I'd never attempted it before but thought it possible with even so large a nug. If you even minimally take apart the nug it's easy enough to do with a single finger.

@Summer I'll try and do another video two handed using real world conditions.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Woo Hoo! Look what was waiting for me in my mailbox for me when I returned home from the pub tonight! It was a complete surprise! I got a new Beta BCGrinder!

I just got the box open and put this in my hands half an hour ago and I'm already super excited. I haven't ground anything with it yet, but I've been playing with it and just admiring it so far. I freaking LOVE just how well the magnets hold it together! The ease of turning and separating sections is effortless, and I can open it with one hand, like an expert egg-cracker!

This is already my new favorite thing! Will report back with more after I give it some use!

But seriously, this feels like the grinder I've been waiting my whole life for!
(please forgive the exaggerated grandeur...I'm just excited)
IMG_0173.jpg

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Woo-Hoo...First Grind photos!

So...I received this yesterday, but haven't used it yet. However, my Woodscents was getting neglected, so I thought I'd give the fine-grinding plate a go. I chose this fairly compact nug to be the first to be torn apart by my new exciting tool!
IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

I broke it up into more manageable little chunks and dropped 'em in:
IMG_0176.jpg

Now it's all gone!
IMG_0178.jpg

And damn, look at that pretty grind!
IMG_0179.jpg

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
I'm late to the thread, but I'd like to put my name on the
"I'm F'in loving this grinder" list

We're happy to hear you're loving it. Just wait until we send you the new version. The grind quality in the new version is significantly better and so is the flow-through. That beta that you have is one of the first designs after we changed to the "swappable" grind plate design. We weren't completely happy with it, but we knew that the feedback would be invaluable.

Since that beta version, we've made 15 new prototypes and have changed the design quite a bit. We had to completely redesign the teeth to improve the flow-through, smoothness, grind quality, and grinding speed.

We weren't happy with the grind size of the fine plate for that beta. The new design produces an even finer grind. The coarse plate was a bit too chunky as well, and we've improved that by making the grind more even and consistent.

We removed the taper on the outer wall of the middle grind plates, because it was harboring herb. That herb would then sometimes fall out when you checked the grinding chamber. It no longer has that problem.

We've been torture testing it with super wet herb to make sure it has good flow-though. It's better than ever.

All of the beta testers will receive the new version. We still have some things we want to optimize and then we'll make a new batch and send it to the anodizer. After that we'll ship them out. It could be a few weeks from now.

Check out the new tooth design:
2dqrj2h.jpg

That picture isn't the greatest. I'll be making another prototype today and we'll try to get some better pictures up on Instagram and on FC soon.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Off-hand, without going through the thread, there's 6 people b-testing.

Lazy Lighting, antispleen, szai, ramahs, ohmygodimsohigh, all of whom have rec'd. their grinders. I'm still waiting for delivery of mine, & I don't think paytonpenn was ever sent one to review since he never posted. And from what I know, Grinders for Life will be including VapeCritic & sneakypete in the next, probably final prototype. And as GFL said, this prototype should be sent out to b-ts in about 3 weeks. So with mailing & bt feedback, it's what, 5 or 6 weeks until production. lazy lathe's initial thread post was 5 months ago so the remaining wait time is short.

Just a thought @Grinders for Life: When you go into production, maybe you should have a pre-order option so you know what colors you need to produce initially so you're not overproducing unnecessary ones & not winding up short on the colors you do need.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Roth, I'm not so sure it's gonna be $75US if all 3 grinding plates are sold as a package. IIR, & I don't, it was supposed to be just 1 plate for $75. So I don't really know if GFL intends to sell the plates a la carte or as a package.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@Roth, I'm not so sure it's gonna be $75 if all 3 grinding plates are sold as a package. IIR & I don't, it was supposed to be just 1 plate at $75. So I don't really know if GFL intends to sell the plates a la carte or as a package.

I'm pretty sure GFL mentioned somewhere that the $75 USD price tag would include 1 plate of the users choice. Other plates would then be available for purchase as an extra. It would be nice if they did offer a bundle price with all 3 plates. But yes, for the $75 I was only expecting one plate, didn't mean to imply otherwise.

@Grinders for Life perhaps for a pre-order special, you get to choose an extra grinding plate for the $75 price? It would also give you an idea about color demand, like @Summer mentioned.

Edit: @elykpeace you're not alone in not being a beta tester! I wish I was a tester as well. Reached out a while ago, but said the spots were filled. Oh well!

Found it:

Yeah for $99 CAD / $75 USD, you get the grinder with the plate of your choice. The others will be available as add-ons. There will be bundle discounts most likely.

We want to eventually make a grinder builder web-app where you can customize the colours of each part. We could make different top designs as well instead of the brilliant cut. We could possibly even have customized engravings or laser marking for an extra cost. Would you guys appreciate that?

Last edited:

Grinders for Life

Grinder Manufacturer
Just a thought @Grinders for Life: When you go into production, maybe you should have a pre-order option so you know what colors you need to produce initially so you're not overproducing unnecessary ones & not winding up short on the colors you do need.

This is a great idea. We'll start working on that soon.

Edit: @elykpeace you're not alone in not being a beta tester! I wish I was a tester as well. Reached out a while ago, but said the spots were filled. Oh well!

We are doing one more round of beta testing and we'll send it to more people. Maybe you'll be one of them. :)

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
@Grinders for Life do you mind expanding on this a little bit in layman's terms:

I'm sure you guys know, but the main place where binding and stickiness occurs on traditional grinders is on the outside rim that constrains the radial movement between the grinding plates. We've eliminated that interface and in our grinder the radial movement is constrained by the center cylinder on the middle part and the inner teeth on the top part. We'll describe this more fully on the website. Buildup does occur in the center region but it doesn't affect the feel. The grinder stays smooth. This was the first problem we solved and was main reason why we started the company. The original goal was to eliminate that annoying stickiness and jamming completely and we feel like we achieved that. It wasn't easy though and took like 15-20 prototypes.

To me, that's one of the biggest advantages of your grinder. I HATE when my Santa Cruz Shredder starts to get sticky from the residue on the outside edge. Eliminating that would be fantastic.

We are doing one more round of beta testing and we'll send it to more people. Maybe you'll be one of them. :)

That would be a nice surprise, I could definitely put it through its paces!

Summer

Long Island, NY
We want to eventually make a grinder builder web-app where you can customize the colours of each part. We could make different top designs as well instead of the brilliant cut. We could possibly even have customized engravings or laser marking for an extra cost. Would you guys appreciate that?

Yes.

You could incorporate modularity like Dynavap does: You could sell engraved lid patterns individually, like dynavap sells their limited ed. engraved vapcap caps. But the engravings have to be superlative. Also, could individually sell a screened (replaceable & magnetic screen) 3rd tier to be added between the grinding plate & the bowl which would collect the ground herb & then the bowl would be a kief catcher. But only if this grinder produces enough kief as I think I read that the grinder pretty much keeps the trichomes attached to the herb. :shrug: Just my thoughts, don't know how practical they are for you.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
This grinder looks like the one I was awaiting for! I was looking for a good 3 pieces grinder since a while and would be pleased to buy one when released although if it's a 75$+shipping+extra plates pricetag I will probably stick with my grinders.

I'm not bashing the manufacturer and understand how quality components raise the price up but a lot of peoples will not spend so much for a grinder but maybe I'm mistaken.

Do you get an idea of shipping price to the old continent?

PPN,
Reactions: BigJr48

Summer

Long Island, NY
This grinder looks like the one I was awaiting for! I was looking for a good 3 pieces grinder since a while and would be pleased to buy one when released although if it's a 75$+shipping+extra plates pricetag I will probably stick with my grinders.

Do you think that you are scaring GFL grinders into reducing the price? :p Did you not read @Roth's post 2 up? It's gonna be $75+. Maybe they'll have a EU distributor to save on shipping & customs.

Top Bottom