Brand New Vaper Ready To Take The Plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokelover2Vape

Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I didn't see a New Members thread.

I am a long time combustion smoker, and I love it. I love joints, pipes, and bongs in that order. However, the last night I smoked with my buddy he told me he had switched to 100% vapor (he has a Buddha vaporizer) and that his herb lasted a lot longer than it did when he smoked it combustion style.

I asked him about his ABV and he said that essentially every essential bit of goodness was extracted by vaporizing. This was the first thing that got me interested; I see big jars of ABV and to me I would want to smoke it all up. But he said that he'd tried it a few times with zero result -- again, indicating to me that it was 100% extracted.

But the stretching of the herb was what finally sold me. With combustion smoking I will quickly burn up an ounce in two weeks. I hate myself afterwards and wished I made it last longer. I did some research on vaporizers and settled on the Vapolution 2.0. I like how it is all glass through the airflow channel and the price is great. But what sealed the deal was hearing and seeing on video folks getting 5 or more good strong pulls, with a lot of white vapor, from a piece of bud less than the size of a pea. I am not sure how vaporizer pulls compare to puffs on a joint or pipe but I like to take at least 10 hits per session. If I can get that from 1-2 sized pieces I think I would be all set.

Anyway this is a bit long, I wanted to say hello and thanks because reading up on vaporizing in this forum has been very helpful. I need to wait for my Vapolution to arrive and then get some herb because as usual I am dry. But once everything is set I will post a full review in the Vapolution forum.

I have two questions for the community, 1. what are your techniques for stretching out your herb to make it last as long as possible, 2. If I make Green Dragon or BHO from ABV, will I get anything? I don't see how I could if you smoke ABV and get nothing but it seems a lot of people do just that.

Thanks!

Smokelover2Vape,
Reactions: ShipDit

OO

Technical Skeptical
First off, welcome!

ABV has plenty of active chemicals left inside, they can be extracted with any of the options you mentioned, even mixing it with fresh and combusting works.

There are lots of different vapes that excel at conservation, for instance log vapes, the gnome, the ubie, the hammer. What they all have in common is a very narrow chamber, which is why they are so efficient.

Fine grinding or chopping is how to stretch your load, also using higher quality product will make a difference (visually impossible to tell). The way you will know is by how many pulls you can get per load, but even this is misleading, since most people use their eyes to gauge if vapor is coming off, and not their senses (really long story).

Other vapes work in different ways which extract actives more effectively like how the HA works.

All in all there is much to learn about vaping if you are the curious type, if you see someone who's posts you consistently like, you can search for all the posts by that user.

chimpybits

Welcome Smokelover2Vape. I don't have too much to add other than agreeing with OO and suggesting you concoct something for you and your buddy with all those jars of ABV or send 'em to me.

I also recommend giving yourself decent time to convert to vaping by not combusting for a week. It is a bit different of a ritual and a high and might take some time to adjust. Good times though! Enjoy the learning.

OO also touched on not getting too caught up by the vapor you exhale as an indicator that you got something (i.e. blowing big clouds). Some see this as just wasted vapor and prefer to take many smaller hits to conserve. Smokers like the clouds though. The Vapolution does have a temp dial and I recommend you experiment with different temps. As you may know different effects are achieved in this way. Many (myself included) start low and gradually increase the temp through the session.

Other than what OO mentioned, of course you can try to bring your tolerance down by using less often and/or less. Some people also find that switching up strains helps with tolerance.

chimpybits,
Welcome to the club Smokelover2vape,and congrats on your decision to "go pro"!
I'm also a long time smoker with a high tolerance,burning through at least a quarter a week.....at least.
I Vape about 80% of my weed now and my usage is Down to about half that. The main way I conserve is by not loading party sized bowls,but just enough for a sesh. One thing to be aware of when starting out is that some folks (including myself) actualy increase usage when first starting out. The Vape buzz is just so good,and so clear that you end up toking more than you need....it's just that good! After a week or so you'll get things dialed in to your wants/needs and you'll start seeing the savings. Most folks save enough to pay for that shiny new Vape in a couple months or less.
But be warned,once you get that first Vape paid for,you're going to want another,then another ect....
At least that's how my Vape career started,your results may vary. The great Hunter S. Thompson said it best...."Buy the ticket,take the ride". And what a ride it is,I'm betting you'll enjoy the trip! Just have fun and enjoy the experience bro,that's what it's all about.
One last thing,don't believe the rumors that Vaping causes adult onset dwarfism,it simply isn't true.

ShipDit,
Reactions: vorrange

Smokelover2Vape

Thanks for the awesome responses guys. I just got the Vapolution in the mail, kind of wish I saw the coupon thread before I bought it because it didn't come with the All In Wonder Bowl, pretty sure I'll be buying that separate soon. It's hard/impossible to fit the glass pieces in the tubing, going to try dipping it in boiling water as suggested.

The piece itself is very nice, on the forums it's said the enclosure is cheap but I find it to be pretty solid, albeit made of plastic.

NOW my big problem is, no herb to try it out with! HA hounding a few people to see what I can do, hopefully it will work out....

The boiling water worked great and it looks like I will have an opportunity to try it out tonight. Will keep you posted on how it goes!

mod note- edit your post to add to it. Posts merged.

Smokelover2Vape,

max

Out to lunch
Be careful with your temp on the Vapo, as well as how long you leave the bowl inserted. The biggest problem I found with it (and I used it for 2 years) was overcooking. Small loads and manageable hits, along with proper temp control will help stretch your supply. You can always turn the temp up as you go, but too much heat initially will burn through your bowl in a hurry.

max,
Reactions: ShipDit

Smokelover2Vape

Thanks for the awesome responses guys. I just got the Vapolution in the mail, kind of wish I saw the coupon thread before I bought it because it didn't come with the All In Wonder Bowl, pretty sure I'll be buying that separate soon. It's hard/impossible to fit the glass pieces in the tubing, going to try dipping it in boiling water as suggested.

The piece itself is very nice, on the forums it's said the enclosure is cheap but I find it to be pretty solid, albeit made of plastic.

NOW my big problem is, no herb to try it out with! HA hounding a few people to see what I can do, hopefully it will work out....

The boiling water worked great and it looks like I will have an opportunity to try it out tonight. Will keep you posted on how it goes!

mod note- edit your post to add to it. Posts merged.

Could not find edit button. Have been testing Vapolution 2.0 extensively. It is phenomenal. I can't believe the session duration with great vapor on every pull. The first few pulls are amazing, the vapor tastes like candy even if you can't see the smoke. Later pulls I increase the temp (preheated at like 4PM, back to 12 for a few minutes to get to the right temp, insert packed bowl, wait five seconds, good to go). I had no problems with the technique and while I was concerned about burning too quickly, I pulled for at least 10-15 loooooong hits, like 10 second draws each. That is crazy. Right now I pack the full Vapolution bowl, because when I packed less the herb stuck to the top of the dimple and I wasn't sure I was getting anything. Anyway it's incredible, I agree I will probably go through a bit pretty quick just because it;s so awesome. The taste is amazing. I stopped before burnt popcorn and the AVB is a chocolate brown. HA tempted to combust that of course, it LOOKS like some great stuff. But I am going to make a tincture with it, we will see. Anyway, obviously my medicine is kicking in but I wanted to give a glowing (legit) review on this vape, Frankly I don't imagine any problem with switching 100% as long as I keep the tincture in mind, want it to be potent. Anyway thanks again and will talk soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom