Box mod for Divine tribe (2.5 and 3), Hercules, and alpha Centauri v2

mixchu69

wanted to get some help with box mods. @fernand @OF @Bad Ocelot @mephisto, @Volteric, @Vape Donkey 650, @Steven or anyone else with mod experience.
I own the divine tribe 2.5 and 3, AC v2 and Hercules from w9 tech. I was wondering if you guys can give me recommendations for the best box mod out there (price is not important). I really want to experience temp control at its finest.

I think the Hercules only uses wattage mode (not sure) but would like it for the other 2. But still want to power the Hercules with the same mod even though it's in wattage mode.

Thanks

mephisto

Tell you what, I have a SXK 60 Nebula I will send to you after the holiday for no charge. It is not the latest cutting edge tech, but it uses an 18650 removable battery, does temp control, power control and voltage control. It will most definitely rock the Divine Tribe attys, and the AC v2. Probably handle the Hercules well also. Let me know if this interests you and we can set up the details to get it to you next week.
Have a safe and happy holiday, no matter what you celebrate!

waxdab23

@mixchu69 I really love my Lost Vape Triade DNA 200W. The temperature control with the DNA chip is so much more smooth and precise as well as more customizable than with Joyetech's.

It uses three 18650 batteries. Runs about $140 (not including batteries of course).

waxdab23,
Reactions: mixchu69

OF

I own the divine tribe 2.5 and 3, AC v2 and Hercules from w9 tech. I was wondering if you guys can give me recommendations for the best box mod out there (price is not important). I really want to experience temp control at its finest.

I think the Hercules only uses wattage mode (not sure) but would like it for the other 2. But still want to power the Hercules with the same mod even though it's in wattage mode.

There should be lots of good choices for you, but YOU'LL ALSO NEED TO BUY A THREAD ADAPTER to run the Hercules since it's a 601 thread? My favorite source of these seems to have dried up but I once tried one of these (option 2), IIRC it worked fine:
https://gentlemansvapes.com/collections/accessories/products/510-ego-rx-thread-unlocker

As far as Mods go, the Pico should do you fine for the DT stuff (lots of us are enjoying them right now) and still be able to shift to VW mode and drive Hercules (with adapter) fine. IIRC it's about 40 Watts, Pico will do 75. Lots of other good options out of course, but stick to one known to work well with DT as it's the harder match. There are two and 3 cell mods out there that offer more power (and larger size) but if staying portable is important, best to stick with a smaller mod?

Merry Christmas to all.

OF

waxdab23

There should be lots of good choices for you, but YOU'LL ALSO NEED TO BUY A THREAD ADAPTER to run the Hercules since it's a 601 thread? My favorite source of these seems to have dried up but I once tried one of these (option 2), IIRC it worked fine:
https://gentlemansvapes.com/collections/accessories/products/510-ego-rx-thread-unlocker
OF

Not sure which version of the Hercules @mixchu69 has but just wanted to throw out there for added information that the latest version of the Hercules is 510 threaded.

mixchu69

I appreciate all the info and the generous offer from @mephisto. I bought the 601 to 510 adapter for my Hercules sr74x.

mixchu69,
Reactions: OF

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
While there are many options for mod boxes for the purposes of the OP, nothing has been mentioned of cut off times. Perhaps this is just something you have to deal with regardless of the mod but if there is an option with a longer cut off you my want to mention it. I just went through my first Mod Box buying experience and the salesguy was very informative about the devices they had and even others on the market but he never mentioned anything about cutoff times. I was displeased to find out a 10 second cut off is common in the mod box industry/market.

I got a Pico Mega which is cool because it uses the same batteries (18650) as my favorite flower vape and my Henail. It also can take a 26650 which is great for when you know you cant get around to charging for a long time. I just cant stand the 10 second cut off. I know I can pulse it to extend my hit but I would have chose a device with a longer cut off if I had the knowledge of a better option.

nosmoking,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
While there are many options for mod boxes for the purposes of the OP, nothing has been mentioned of cut off times. Perhaps this is just something you have to deal with regardless of the mod but if there is an option with a longer cut off you my want to mention it. I just went through my first Mod Box buying experience and the salesguy was very informative about the devices they had and even others on the market but he never mentioned anything about cutoff times. I was displeased to find out a 10 second cut off is common in the mod box industry/market.

I got a Pico Mega which is cool because it uses the same batteries (18650) as my favorite flower vape and my Henail. It also can take a 26650 which is great for when you know you cant get around to charging for a long time. I just cant stand the 10 second cut off. I know I can pulse it to extend my hit but I would have chose a device with a longer cut off if I had the knowledge of a better option.

joytech cuboid and other mods that can take the custom myevic firmware can have the cutoff extended to 15s

Last edited:
rabblerouser,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
joytech cuboid and other mods that can take the customer myevic firmware can have the cutoff extended to 15s
No cutoff would be so much better IMO but 15 seconds would eliminate the need to double tap for about half of my hits in a typical session IWT.

nosmoking,

waxdab23

Ya the cutoff is for safety. In case the button gets held down in your pocket or bag or whatever.

waxdab23,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Yeah...i just turn it off if its not in use...seems practical enough for safety but perhaps I am more responsible than the average vaping bear? Too many are not going too shut it off and liability says we have to live with safeguards to protect the dangerously stupid-I get it.

nosmoking,

Bad Ocelot

I think any of eleaf or joyetech's TC mods with TCR mode will suit your purposes. I have both & think I prefer joyetech for my DT 3.0s, however I typically use eleaf for my nicotine vaping habit. And I'd probably stick with something with one replaceable 18650 or an internal battery, so something like the pico or aster from eleaf or the vtwo mini from joyetech. I really like my VTC basic from joyetech, but depending on how much you use it, the relatively small (1300mAh) internal battery might be an issue.

Bad Ocelot,
Top Bottom