• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless Tera

Does anyone find that the chamber screen gets stuck in the chamber? I mean after a few sessions, it will not fall out when you turn the unit upside down. I am concerned because I am afraid of the metal screen scratching the plastic above the chamber. The metal is not falling out and keeps getting stuck around the opening.

Has anyone had this problem and know how to remove it safely?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I would use a toothpick to stick in one of the holes and try to lever it out, then replace it with a fine mesh screen (a Nighty/Crafty screen works great) for a nice interference fit that will not keep falling out and helps give better airflow than standard (it never needs taking out for cleaning and stops smaller particles falling into the heater area).:tup:

I will try the toothpick method once I get some new toothpicks as well as a new mesh screen!:)
Thanks for the advice LesPlenty

Also, I constantly find that the chamber only holds up to 0.2g w/ the herb I've gone through so far. I know the chamber can hold up to 0.6g, but I can't imagine it with the current herb I have. I tend to grind upside for a finer grind. Probably a stupid question but am I doing something wrong or does how much the chamber can hold depend on how dense the herb is?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
how dense the herb is?
It is different with every strain, as is the moisture level with your buds.
I only ever use my SpaceCase 4 piece 3.5" that gives a medium to coarse grind and I just fill the oven with a slight pinky tap down where the top of my load is just under the bottom of the taper of the plastic ring just higher than the S/S oven, no S/S is seen.
I nearly always use on a bong at max temp.
It takes me 3 hits to get larger clouds (flavour with smaller clouds to start with). After the timer shuts it off, I take off the wpa and grind the bud with my S$B brush handle into the sides of the bowl(end of a pencil works too).
Replace wpa and hit again at max temp, no waiting for clouds this time, the first 2 to 3 hits are huge and will make anyone's eyes pop.:haw:
That is how I like to use it.:tup:

LesPlenty,
It is different with every strain, as is the moisture level with your buds.
I only ever use my SpaceCase 4 piece 3.5" that gives a medium to coarse grind and I just fill the oven with a slight pinky tap down where the top of my load is just under the bottom of the taper of the plastic ring just higher than the S/S oven, no S/S is seen.
I nearly always use on a bong at max temp.
It takes me 3 hits to get larger clouds (flavour with smaller clouds to start with). After the timer shuts it off, I take off the wpa and grind the bud with my S$B brush handle into the sides of the bowl(end of a pencil works too).
Replace wpa and hit again at max temp, no waiting for clouds this time, the first 2 to 3 hits are huge and will make anyone's eyes pop.:haw:
That is how I like to use it.:tup:
So you end up taking about 5-6 hits doing this? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I want to make sure I am maximizing the Tera. I'm guessing you take huge 20-30 second draws?

I understand what you mean about the clouds. I don't have a bong yet but this thing produces huge clouds. My jaw dropped when I first started using it.

vaping_is_my_hobby,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I find 0.15-0.20g of medium ground bud (fine is not nice, too restrictive) at 63% (keep your pot in a mason jar with Bovida pack or humidity gauge).
My draws are all between 5 and 10 seconds and I will get 7 to 10 draws on the first 5-minute sesh(sometimes it will take 2x5 mins for the first 10 draws before the grind). then I grind followed by another 4 or 5 draws(until the vapour stops)
My first draw on a cold bowl may last 20 seconds, just to get things warmed up, but then I drop to the 5 seconds shorter draws so I don't bust a pooper valve from overindulging.:razz: My draws will start getting longer after the vapour starts to fade, then back to 5 o 7 seconds for the first hit after the 'Grind'
Just my way of use.:2c:
Hope it helps anyone struggling to find a starting point.:tup:

Last edited:
I find 0.15-0.20g of medium ground bud (fine is not nice, too restrictive) at 63% (keep your pot in a mason jar with Bovida pack or humidity gauge).
My draws are all between 5 and 10 seconds and I will get 7 to 10 draws on the first 5-minute sesh(sometimes it will take 2x5 mins for the first 10 draws before the grind). then I grind followed by another 4 or 5 draws(until the vapour stops)
My first draw on a cold bowl may last 20 seconds, just to get things warmed up, but then I drop to the 5 seconds shorter draws so I don't bust a pooper valve from overindulging.:razz: My draws will start getting longer after the vapour starts to fade, then back to 5 o 7 seconds for the first hit after the 'Grind'
Just my way of use.:2c:
Hope it helps anyone struggling to find a starting point.:tup:
Very helpful. Thanks for your replies so far.

Here has been my experience with vapes in general (Tera and Xmax V2 Pro)

When I first started vaping, my vaping tolerance was very low. I was blown away and never went back to combustion since. Whether it was 1 hit or 20 hits, I got very high.

Eventually I moved on to larger hits (15 seconds+) and got even higher.

I guess my tolerance has evened out as I find that the more hits I take at a specific temperature, the less high I feel after a certain point. Like diminishing returns. I also notice the more big hits I take, the more sedated and less high I feel. This is why I tend to temp jump now to maintain my high.

Now I find my self only taking between 1-6 hits at the highest temperatures.

Weird body chemistry I know but this is how things have panned out for me after a year of vaping. I'm considering taking a tolerance break.

Last edited:

naddude

After having my Tera for about 3 weeks the increase temp button stopped working. It no longer "clicks" or raises the temp. It's too bad because otherwise so far I am really enjoying it.
I have notified Boundless.
Anyone else ever experience this?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@naddude I have not heard of this problem, sounds like you may be an unlucky rarity, try not to worry, Boundless will look after you.:tup:

I also notice the more big hits I take, the more sedated and less high I feel.

This may be more strain related, in a perfect world we would have Sativa in the morning, hybrid during the day followed by Indica a night. I only have access to an Indica heavy hybrid so I have to use different temperatures throughout the day/night to stay happy/pain-free. :myday:
I usually low temp hit a low temp WoodScents during the day. Tera is saved for afternoon/early evenings for the sedative effects that seemed to be released a the higher nax temp the Tera has over a lot of other devices(without a hint of combustion):tup:

@naddude I have not heard of this problem, sounds like you may be an unlucky rarity, try not to worry, Boundless will look after you.:tup:

This may be more strain related, in a perfect world we would have Sativa in the morning, hybrid during the day followed by Indica a night. I only have access to an Indica heavy hybrid so I have to use different temperatures throughout the day/night to stay happy/pain-free. :myday:
I usually low temp hit a low temp WoodScents during the day. Tera is saved for afternoon/early evenings for the sedative effects that seemed to be released a the higher nax temp the Tera has over a lot of other devices(without a hint of combustion):tup:
I suspected as such but the result has been the same no matter what strain I tried. I have been experimenting with hit size as a result, trying to mix different hit sizes together. I had tears of joy last night when I tried three 15 second hits followed by three 20 second hits. Felt like combustion without it being combustion.

I also tried three 20 second hits followed by three 15 second hits and I had to tap out and go to sleep.

So I think my problem lies in my technique and how it affects me individually. I have switched things up recently and have gotten great results. So far, I have gotten the best effects

1) Taking five or six (preferably five) 10-13 second hits (each hit the same size ) and holding for 5 seconds or constantly breathing in or out
2) Taking one 10 second hit, one 15 second hit (or 10 seconds again), and four 20 second hits
3) Three 15 second hits followed by three 20 second hits
4) The reverse of 3) but I found this got me too high for my liking. Almost threw up last night

I want to try variants of 1)-4) but with smaller hit sizes like three 5 second hits followed by three 10 second hits or three 10 second hits followed by three 15 second hits (variant of 3)).

For each of these I either a) deep breath in or out b) hold for 5 second or c) breath a little out, breath fresh air in, repeat and heat the oven with short cigar puffs to start off (or not).

I know I sound ridiculous but the experimentation for me has paid off as I have never been as high as I was last night in a very long time. The Tera is a powerhouse and with a high that is the closest I have felt to combustion.

Last edited:
After all of this experimentation, I have settled on three 15 second hits followed by three 20 second hits as it is gives me the closest feeling to combustion.

I also like five or 6 10-15 second hits (prefer five 10 second) and hold for 3-5 seconds (prefer 3).

I hold for five seconds for the first technique.

For reference I usually do the highest temperatures like 390+. If it's late enough I'll jump straight to 410 or 428.

As I post this my last session for the night before the series finale of game of thrones is kicking in. I am going to be so high in another 8-15 minutes or so. :)

Last edited:
vaping_is_my_hobby,
Reactions: LesPlenty
I have gone through multiple strains now and the chamber can only hold up to 0.2g or a little over. I barely fit 0.3g one time. This is with a very loose pack.

I believe that maybe if someone wanted to hold more than 0.2g, say 0.6g, they would have no choice but to pack down a little more than normal?

I ask because I really want to try amounts beyond 0.2g because my tolerance is higher these days and I want to get fucked up (I want to try 0.4-0.6g).

vaping_is_my_hobby,
Reactions: BigJr48

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
2hoeipe.jpg

Oh no! I like this vape a lot. Bummer this happened today.

HughJundys,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The interference fit WPA strikes again, the Tera was originally designed to have a magnetic WPA. I had the same problem and was helped by Eric at Boundless as the unit has a 3-year warranty, I now have the new version with that plastic ring reinforced to handle the interference fit WPA.
I would reach out to Boundless for some help.:myday:

Edit, Never bothered with the oven screen @HughJundys or is that white stuff dried Iso and you have just found the cracks after a deep cleaning?

Last edited:

dr demise

Just got my Boundless Tera yesterday, and I can barely get any vapour from it until near the end of the 5 mins timer, and thats even in concentrate mode.....although I can get some decent rips if I turn it back on to max temp straight after the 5 mins auto shut off.

Is this normal for this vape? Or did I get a dud? (Battery is fully charged btw)

dr demise

@dr demise did you try the way I said I use mine in post #2456? If you have and are still getting no vapour, there may be a problem. Just remember this vape needs you to pull the hot air through the load to heat it, not much conduction going on until the second 5-minute sesh.

I've just read your post and I'll give that a try....i will also try filling the bowl slightly over the metal line, rather than slightly under it.

dr demise

I would also take the filter assembly off the wpa and replace it with a dome screen like the ELB or arizer ones, I use similar to these 12mm ID, 16mm OD;
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-10Pcs...hash=item3619e993e9:m:mNDMnQpI9Pz48tPN6M3eajA
These help a lot with airflow and easier maintenance.:tup:

Cool, I'll have to try that too as the mesh screen on the wpa is quite clogged up already after just one day.....so do those Arizer bowl screens just sit loose on the wpa where the metal ring screws on?

dr demise,
@dr demise did you try the way I said I use mine in post #2456? If you have and are still getting no vapour, there may be a problem. Just remember this vape needs you to pull the hot air through the load to heat it, not much conduction going on until the second 5-minute sesh.
If not much conduction is going on until the second 5 minute sesh, then I might start waiting a minute or longer between my hits (I take big hits anyway since my tolerance has gotten too high).
I didn't know this.

vaping_is_my_hobby,

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
The interference fit WPA strikes again, the Tera was originally designed to have a magnetic WPA. I had the same problem and was helped by Eric at Boundless as the unit has a 3-year warranty, I now have the new version with that plastic ring reinforced to handle the interference fit WPA.
I would reach out to Boundless for some help.:myday:

Edit, Never bothered with the oven screen @HughJundys or is that white stuff dried Iso and you have just found the cracks after a deep cleaning?

I have sent Boundless a note and picture. I read the warranty terms and they have a portion that says I needed to have kept the packaging because there is a code on the retail box. Since I'm probably out of luck there I've asked for an estimate on price of repair.

Funny thing I was chiding my wife only last weekend because we have all these small appliance boxes in the garage I want to throw out. She insist on keeping them until the warranty on the device runs out. I had told her I want the garage space so I'm willing to buy her a box to ship the item in on the rare occasion one of the items breaks within warranty period. She let me know we were keeping the boxes. I rolled my eyes and sighed.
I will take the fact that I was supposed to keep the box for my small appliance to my grave. She will never hear this story or I will never hear the end of it.

As for the screen. I had the original screen in it for about the first couple weeks. After that I ditched it for a screen from the Mighty. With WPA I found I was constantly having to clean the screen that came with that. I replaced it with a basket screen after reading your recommendation some time ago.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
sit loose on the wpa where the metal ring screws on?
I just pinched mine all around the metal lip to make the diameter a bit tighter so I have to sort of screw the wire gauze part of the top hat filter onto the thread where the standard filter assembly screws on to the wpa.
I have also jammed the top hat filter into a 10mm or11mm or 3/8" socket to tighten it a bit and stop it falling off.:tup:

@HughJundys, I only asked about the screen as your picture does not have one in it. You should still get a warranty without your box, just proof of purchase would be needed.

@vaping_is_my_hobby once the Tera is up to temp you should not have to wait, it just takes a little to heat soak the bugger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom