Boundless Tera

sammuel

Well my 2 pennies would say

1. Individual battery level indication.
2. USB C, fast charging and running from power supply, as well as Micro USB.
3. Battery Case loose
4. Battery Temp sensor and turn off.
5. New WPA designed to fit the molding better.
6. WPA tapered slightly smaller.
7. multiple pressing the buttons speed needed to be reduced.
8 Removable loading chamber.
9. Button quality improved.
10. Vibration alert to match the crafty, ie short indications when its switched on to heat up
11. Possibility to fit 20700 batteries.
12 - 100. NO PLASTIC SMALL/TASTE, the fundamental design not to give you cancer.

heh I highly doubt they are going to redesign the whole thing, if anything they might be able to add little things along the line of the v2 changes (added 5 minute vibration and the screen flip option)

I'm thinking it might save them more money to just scrap the Tera all together and continue on with the CFX 2.0

I know how shitty that sounds but they have to be losing out pretty good by now. Maybe have some special for the CFX 2.0 that the early Tera adopters that had to go through all the crap get. I'd rather that then another what seems like by now, cursed Tera. I'm sure most everyone is turned off of it by now.

Too late for that, they already said they are working on v3, and Eric mentioned that v3 will be sent out to v2 holders (no return).. if they back away from this nobody is going to believe them anymore. Bear in mind that the Tera was originally called CFV 2, and the company basically acknowledged the flaws of the CFV which is why they planned a 50$ trade in of CFV with the Tera.. As we all know that didn't happen.. Now if the Tera owners would be given the same treatment - a 'special' on a future device instead of v3, like the CFV buyers were promised and never got - They might as well scrap the whole brand because they will get hell.
The only way out of it that I could imagine is if they aren't able to fix the Tera - Is giving away the CFX 2 to the Tera owners for -free- while a 'special' on the CFX 2 is given to the CFV owners.

(edit)
Multiple recalls are known to have that effect. I’m surprised there is activity and people are sticking with it

Well, it's an excellent device in principle.. At least after you mod it like I did :D

Last edited:
sammuel,

SpudBob

heh I highly doubt they are going to redesign the whole thing, if anything they might be able to add little things along the line of the v2 changes (added 5 minute vibration and the screen flip option)

Too late for that, they already said they are working on v3, and Eric mentioned that v3 will be sent out to v2 holders (with no return).. if they back away from this nobody is going to believe them anymore. Bear in mind that the Tera was originally called CFV 2, and the company basically acknowledged the flaws of the CFV which is why they planned a 50$ trade in of CFV with the Tera.. As we all know that didn't happen.. Now if the Tera owners will be given the same treatment and give the Tera buyers a 'special' like the CFV buyers got and never did - They might as well scrap the whole brand because they will get hell.
The only way out of it if they aren't able to fix the Tera - Is giving away the CFX 2 to the Tera owners for -free- while a 'special' on the CFX 2 is given to the CFV owners.
What are you talking about??? They never offered the upgrade as an apology for the CFV. They did it to say thank you to loyal customers! They "STILL" sell the CFV after all !!! I know lots of people who like their CFV's. The only real issue was battery life. V3 is coming soon! Like it or not. They have offered a V3 to all V1 and V2 owners to try and make things right. Thats pretty stand up in my book. Remember @sammuel you were one of those raving about the Tera! Mistakes were made and BNDLSTECH is fixing them.

sammuel

lol Spuddy... I'm the only one supporting this device right now pretty much.. I just said it's an excellent device why are you preaching me :rolleyes:

As for the CFV, you can choose to see it this way, I see it differently.. The company seem to believe the CFV owners deserve that special, there's a reason for that, which you may see as generosity, but you are a blind supporter so I don't expect much else :p

sammuel,

SpudBob

lol Spuddy... I'm the only one supporting this device right now pretty much.. I just said it's an excellent device why are you preaching me :rolleyes:

As for the CFV, you can choose to see it this way, I see it differently.. The company seem to believe the CFV owners deserve that special, there's a reason for that, which you may see as generosity, but you are a blind supporter so I don't expect much else :p
You really love to hear yourself talk! You can choose to see it anyway you want. I doesn't make it true! They upgrade was ONLY for those who purchased the device before a certain date, October 2017 if I recall, and paid retail for it. Many have been sold since that don't apply to the offer! Anybody who bought one after that is not entitled to the $50 Tera.

Modnote: Post edited to comply with forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I lifted your thread ban so that you could share your mod. I regret that decision now. Thread ban re-applied.

Let's keep it nice, folks.

:peace:

Momor

I just read that Boundless is going to send a V3 Tera to V2 owners without asking for the return. Is that true? Are we sure of that?
If it is, do you think this will also apply to the ones who bought from a retailer ?

SpudBob

I just read that Boundless is going to send a V3 Tera to V2 owners without asking for the return. Is that true? Are we sure of that?
If it is, do you think this will also apply to the ones who bought from a retailer ?
That is what it seems that Eric said a number of posts back! We'll see. They are trying hard to remedy the issues with the Teflon and I believe they have our backs. We just need to be a little more patience. Its a virtue you know! Patience that is!!!

After returning my 1st gen Tera, I used the store credit towards the purchase of a new Mighty and I have no regrets, I'm sure you won't either.
The Mighty is a GREAT unit and worthy of its position for sure!!! I only wish S&B had a longer warrantee.2 years, these days, seems just average! Especially with the battery issues with the Crafty. Sorry Stu for the back to back posts! My Bad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

I'm not sure how this is going to work. I just returned mine yesterday either way. Why would I want a Tera known to degrade and break down anyways? Since I just returned mine and still went through all the mess since early adopting, do I still get a free Tera when they're finished? I doubt it.

Razor,
Reactions: BigJr48

free30

Message from Boundless
"Currently our manufacturer is working on engineering the Tera units to function without any Teflon at all. This includes the Teflon found on the internal ceramic heating rod as well as the outer ceramic chamber that wraps around the temperature sensor and the heating chamber. We had received an update that the modified Tera units could be ready as early as May 19th although these specific units would have had the Teflon on the internal ceramic rod removed but not the Teflon that holds the temperature sensor to the chamber. We decided it would be best to take the extra time in finding a resolution where no Teflon would be used at all. This puts the estimated time frame for the units at the end of the month or the first week of June. I will update on this once we receive the samples on Wednesday 23rd May".

Last edited:

HD Springer

Message from Boundless
"Currently our manufacturer is working on engineering the Tera units to function without any Teflon at all. This includes the Teflon found on the internal ceramic heating rod as well as the outer ceramic chamber that wraps around the temperature sensor and the heating chamber. We had received an update that the modified Tera units could be ready as early as May 19th although these specific units would have had the Teflon on the internal ceramic rod removed but not the Teflon that holds the temperature sensor to the chamber. We decided it would be best to take the extra time in finding a resolution where no Teflon would be used at all. This puts the estimated time frame for the units at the end of the month or the first week of June. I will update on this once we receive the samples on Wednesday 23rd May".

I hope they take their time for Christ sakes and get it all ironed out and then and only then ship them out. I’m still setting on my first gen. unit waiting patiently for a Tera to be released that has all the unhealthy goddamn Teflon out of the unit. Seriously the hurry to get the Tera out has been a disaster to say the very least. @Boundless Vape Technology please please please slow your roll and get it right the 3rd time not 4th or 5th. Those of us still around will wait patiently. At least I will.

Momor

Hi guys! Could you tell me what is approximately the batterie life of your Tera? Mine seems to be around 6 five minutes session and I find it really short for a so big vape.
I'll send it back to Vaposhop but i'm really hesitating about waiting for the new Tera or taking the Argo (witch seems to have 3 times the battery life of the Tera).
The only downsides for me with the Tera are the batterie life and the lack of a countdown during the session.
Maybe my poor batterie life is a defect?
If I shouldn't hask this here, I apologise but do you guys think I should stick with the Tera or get the Argo?

Momor,

sickmanfraud

Hi guys! Could you tell me what is approximately the batterie life of your Tera? Mine seems to be around 6 five minutes session and I find it really short for a so big vape.
I'll send it back to Vaposhop but i'm really hesitating about waiting for the new Tera or taking the Argo (witch seems to have 3 times the battery life of the Tera).
The only downsides for me with the Tera are the batterie life and the lack of a countdown during the session.
If I shouldn't hask this here, I apologise but do you guys think I should stick with the Tera or get the Argo?

The Tera and Argo both use 18650 batteries. Have you tried using non-boundless 18650's ?

If you like the performance of the Tera and only have an issue with the battery life you can pick up 2 new sets for about $25. Using your figures 3 sets of batteries would be 18 5 minute sessions, more than enough for most folks for a day.

I have/had most Arizer products: Solo OG, Air, Extreme Q, Solo 2 and find the Arizer products to be well built and quite sturdy. The only complaint I have about the Arizer products are also one of its strengths. I don't like to be out and about with vapes that have breakable parts (glass stems).

patzw

As someone who had the Tera and decided to switch to the Argo, as far as battery life is concerned I much prefer the Argo. They are different in vape experience though, the Argo is much more of a session vape than the Tera. Slower smoother extraction. Which one you prefer, only you can tell.

BigJr48

I suggest to buy better quality batteries.

BigJr48,

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Hi everyone,

Today we have received a sample unit of a Tera without any Teflon in the internals. Below are images of the changes made. We have been testing the unit pretty much all day and it is producing tasty vapor with outstanding cloud production in our opinion. If the remainder of the testing goes well then the units will be on track to be shipped by early June. I will be showing the sample unit on our Instagram (@bndlstech) live stream tomorrow at 4:00 pm Pacific Time.

The newest version of the heater - set to be manufactured in early June: Externalhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/il3a4oted43quip/TeraUpdatedHeater.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6vnjqhqk3vwlpt/TeraUpdatedHeater2.png?dl=0

Internal https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwofltbq8aagn1n/20180524_104345.jpg?dl=0 (My apologies for the lack of quality, there is no longer any material separating the ceramic heating rod and stainless steel spiral.)

Version 2 with Teflon on the internal ceramic heating rod as well as outer ceramic core:https://www.dropbox.com/s/30xyo2sm34glipe/TeraUpdatedHeater4.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/hx80p517xxf7yoc/20180430_064129.jpg?dl=0

Version 1 off-gassing issues and material on inner ceramic rod:https://www.dropbox.com/s/7egytvd0noisz9d/TeraUpdatedHeater3.png?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/nnlmk90px8claxf/TeraTD13.jpg?dl=0

More updates will be available after we test the unit some more, I wanted to share these images today and give an early update on the latest version of the Tera. We are shooting for the early June manufacturing date and I will share the confirmation on this once it is given to me. Please feel free to email me, Eric@bndlstech.com, if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to help out. Thank you all for the support in this and we are would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Momor

@sickmanfraud and @patz, thank you for your input guys, we'll appreciated.
I think I still have to take some time to make my decision.

@BigJr48, I have a spare set of brand new Samsung 30Q and they don't last more than the ones that came with the Tera.
Are you suggesting this cause you have the Tera and youre batterie life is better?

Momor,

sweetherb

Hey, no worries! For those of us who are not ever going to consider the purchase of a BVT product it's just, el agua de la espalda de un pato!

Agreed! If I gave my partner this many chances, I'd still be with the girl from high school!

sweetherb,

BigJr48

@sickmanfraud and @patz, thank you for your input guys, we'll appreciated.
I think I still have to take some time to make my decision.

@BigJr48, I have a spare set of brand new Samsung 30Q and they don't last more than the ones that came with the Tera.
Are you suggesting this cause you have the Tera and youre batterie life is better?

Why don't you try a higher amperage battery, like the LG HG2

Momor

Why don't you try a higher amperage battery, like the LG HG2
I have no knowledge about batteries. I just knew that there were more reputed ones than others. I bought Samsung 30Q because I had one in my Tubo. But if you think LG HG2 could make a difference I'll try.

Momor,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I picked up a Tera pretty early on, I really liked mine until I noticed the off-gassing pretty heavy after back to back bowls. I have had over 30 vapes including the Mighty and I really liked it up until that point.

BUT that being said this was my first Boundless vape and it kinda put a bad taste in my mouth...literally.
But I think I may give that Teflon free heater version coming out one more try!...maybe.:ugh:

Also, this may be discussed already but does @Boundless Vape Technology use the best batteries available or would it be worth upgrading to a Sony VTC6 battery or comparable pair?

mrbonsai420,
Top Bottom