Boundless Tera

LesPlenty

Company Rep
In the years I've been active on this thread I don't recall anyone citing that as a real world concern,

I read or watched it on FC somewhere, not on this thread, maybe the Mighty, I cannot recall, I have read that many different threads in the last six months that I get some things mixed up.:)

I am still waiting to hear what will be replacing the Teflon as a shock absorber in future models, I am in no hurry as I have just met Dynavao 2018M, my fist Vapcap. I will wait until the next round of sales before I look at getting this, hopefully sorted by then.

LesPlenty,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I’ve posted some thoughts about burn offs along those lines. It’s based on a few conversations I’ve had with manufacturers. Nothing concrete, but there have been a couple of tests done that made sense to me. The point about this being convection is valid, though, so the lid being on probably doesn’t matter with this particular vape.

subway13029

Well I’ve got one on the way straight from boundless so I’m gonna beat this baby up. As in the tera( no babies will be harmed in my testing) If this vapes gets over 680 anywhere on it then Teflon will be the least of my worries..I believe eric and the crew have our best interest and I’m sure this all caught them a little off guard too. I don’t think they intended to have offgassing 1 batch let alone in the revision as well( or whatever is going on). I took the bait. I couldn’t pass up the offer..I had a gang of store credit. For some reason I almost just got their cf hybrid for the 510 connection..but wanted to try the Tera.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Maybe...but I ain't so sure that theory holds water.

In the years I've been active on this thread I don't recall anyone citing that as a real world concern, i.e., burn-offs without a MP attached. I would suggest that a burn-off minus a MP will allow the heat, and hence the residue, to heat and escape more quickly.

I'd recommend you, @LesPlenty contact the reseller, Boundless, on that question, and then if you will, report your findings here? :tup:

TIA

OTOH, :rofl: I noticed that @HealthyRips.com recommends a burn-off on their Fury 2 with the MP attached. And when you consider the design of that vape, and more specifically, I think, the design of the MP with the glass liner, it would make sense to have the MP attached during burn-off.

I sent an email to PIU asking that they share their consensus on this question....can't think of any source MORE qualified to venture an opinion on the matter! :clap::clap::clap:

elykpeace

exVASted
Well I’ve got one on the way straight from boundless so I’m gonna beat this baby up. As in the tera( no babies will be harmed in my testing) If this vapes gets over 680 anywhere on it then Teflon will be the least of my worries..I believe eric and the crew have our best interest and I’m sure this all caught them a little off guard too. I don’t think they intended to have offgassing 1 batch let alone in the revision as well( or whatever is going on). I took the bait. I couldn’t pass up the offer..I had a gang of store credit. For some reason I almost just got their cf hybrid for the 510 connection..but wanted to try the Tera.

Also excited for my Terra to arrive .. loved my cfv besides the battery life and if this has that extra oomph I needed in that department this will be perfect.

Koreanjesus

Anyone know what amp the batteries are? Looking to buy extra 18650 batteries. Any recommendations? Something higher then 3000mah qould be great

Koreanjesus,

AlpineDad

I had to send some 3000 mHa batteries back to Amazon because they were too weak. I suggest getting 20a 18650 flat top batteries. I recommend LG HG2, Samsung 25R, or Sony VTC5.

AlpineDad,
Reactions: sd401k

AlpineDad

its 38$ shipping to canada :(
How many batteries are you buying? Four LG HG2 batteries x $6.50/each plus $25 shipping is $51US or $65.42CDN plus your credit card conversion service charge (mine is 1.5%) for a total of $65.44CDN.

That is the price you need to beat from a Canadian retailer.

AlpineDad,
Reactions: BigJr48

Slickwilly

Ok so heard from PIU and that my Tera was not off gassing at all and was fine, required more breaking in I guess?

Without questioning me the tech refunded my money for some reason? They said that was a mistake and they didn't know why the tech did it and I could purchase another one if I wanted at the 20% off deal?

Asked them if they felt the Tera is safe to use now and if so I would like to try another. :uhh: They assured me that they have been working with Boundless since the release of the Tera and feel it is safe. For my troubles they bumped up the discount to 25% :rockon:They have been great to deal with as a new customer with them!

They did say about using the extra screen is important and that it will require quit a few burn offs to break it in. I'm waiting to hear back how they suggest a burn off should be done on it and I asked if they had tried using the S&B dosing capsules in it yet?

When I hear you'll hear, until then Mighty time:cheers:

I purchased Sony VTC5As and a Xtra VC4 charger from https://liionwholesale.com/
They are legit, good price and great customer support, pretty sure they ship to CN too.

Last edited:
Slickwilly,
Reactions: SpudBob

Razor

Plus the Tera is a convection heater. The heat is not going anywhere until air is drawn through it, pulling the heat into the bowl.

This is not only convection but also conduction. Put your finger in the bowl while it heats up to find out. It may be a convection only heater as in its not directly heating the bow by touch, but it is definitely being heated enough to not be able to touch it (at least mine is. Please let me know if yours isnt the same)

Micro dosing works well with this unit ive found if you use and eq elbow screen. At 390 i get two large clouds and a third wisp before the bowl is spent and it comes out very even while only holding a pinch. Make sure you take the screen that came with it off first to make thw wpa fit.

SpudBob

This is not only convection but also conduction. Put your finger in the bowl while it heats up to find out. It may be a convection only heater as in its not directly heating the bow by touch, but it is definitely being heated enough to not be able to touch it (at least mine is. Please let me know if yours isnt the same)

Micro dosing works well with this unit ive found if you use and eq elbow screen. At 390 i get two large clouds and a third wisp before the bowl is spent and it comes out very even while only holding a pinch. Make sure you take the screen that came with it off first to make thw wpa fit.
So your saying the Arizer Extreme Q elbow screens right??? Do they fit on top like the ELB's fit in the CFX??? That would be very cool! I like that concept better than the S&B dosing capsules!

SpudBob,
Reactions: BigJr48

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I have just received the confirmation from @VapoShop that they take the device back with a full refund, no further questions asked. Excellent customer service! Not that I expected anything else from past experience, it is always a pleasure dealing with them. Great people! :)

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
8qI3K5x.jpg

This is something that has worked for me, thought I'd pass it along.
I'm a fairly heavy user and the plastic mouthpiece was getting dirty very fast. I stuck some degummed hemp fiber in there after I cleaned it and it has been awesome. Not only did it collect all that delicious sticky goodness and keep the mouthpiece clean, but it also helps cool the vapor..I can vape at a higher temp more comfortably now. Double bonus!

(the picture was taken after I vaped the used hemp fiber in the vapcap)

Also, if your battery door starts to rattle, a small, square bit of duct tape will fix you right up.
GP6ziGi.jpg

Last edited:

sammuel

Alright I got the new Tera and I love it. I will not longer comment anymore on how I think the company is handling the new situation, but if you remember me, my warnings were all over the place for it. Please don't comment as I won't go there anymore.

I will soon post my new mod after many requests :D

SpudBob

Alright I got the new Tera and I love it. I will not longer comment anymore on how I think the company is handling the new situation, but if you remember me, my warnings were all over the place for it. Please don't comment as I won't go there anymore.

I will soon post my new mod after many requests :D
Nice to have you back!

sammuel

:bigleaf:Alright, it's time for a new mod :bigleaf:

You may remember my magnetic charging 'mod' http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/boundless-tera.25309/page-32#post-1221236 :haw:

and my 2nd glorified magnetic bubbler mod http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/boundless-tera.25309/page-41#post-1226254 :tup:

I still use it and it makes the hits super smooth (no need to actually put water in, it cools the vapor and filters it even when dry). I see many complaints on the glass mouthpiece getting too hot, and I had the same experience.. it is a very short piece which is not fit for high temps at all, and kinda pointless in general IMO.. but on the bright side- they didn't change it with the new release, which means it is still modable and you can have an awesome glass stem like me :nod:
27czA9E.jpg

I will now present my 3rd mod, after receiving tens of requests (but who's counting right :D). This is a magnetic WPA mod. Personally I have no need for it, having the magnetic bubbler mod, but you may find it useful. the new WPA gets too hot to remove after using the device, this is especilly as it's held by pressure (instead of the magnet) so you have to not only touch the hot metal, but apply considerable effort to pull it out, which is impossible while hot (you can see this in 420vapezone's video review
). Another issue with the new WPA is that it's filter is a little loose by design, it rattles a bit and herb can penetrate through it. Also I have a bad experience with screwed parts in vapes, with time the reclaim make it sticky and they become completely stuck (or at least very hard to unscrew). And of course you already know how much I love magnets, I couldn't stand aside seeing the WPA losing its magnet :lol:.

So, here are pictures of the new Magnetic WPA in both male/female version

XHABWyg.jpg

jTFMeZd.jpg

Note that the new mod requires that you sacrifice the glass mouthpiece.. you basically take out the glass part and the piece of silicone that's inside the glass mouthpiece, and take out the screen part and rubber band from the WPA piece. I first tried to screw the WPA to the mouthpiece but it won't work, however it works perfect with a few hammer strikes (took me only 2 as a matter of fact). It's held super tight with a perfect seal. This modded magnetic WPA is so strong now (as opposed to the first release) that it feels like a one piece that's inseparable.

Magneto_430.jpg

Last edited:

Razor

I just tried stuffing the shit out of it for shit and giggles to see how much i could reduce the airflow. I used the included screen that comes with it but instead, I put it on top of the load and THEN i put my modded WPA with the elbow screen attached on top of that.

The first hit was almost nothing but every single hit afterwords were pretty huge clouds. I did it at 400f and it came out evenly dark brown. I got about 10 really good hits. Afterwords, I had to use the tool to get it out but it wasn't too hard and although I don't think i'll do it that tight again (it made the restriction on par with probably a pax3). I will however start packing tighter than normal since it takes quite a bit to actually restrict it that much.

Top Bottom