Boundless Tera

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Do we have a green light then? :leaf:Samples good and manufacturer on it? :nod: My CF's retirement has been pushed back :myday:
We are currently gathering more feedback from those who received the samples. Initial impressions are that everything is working great with concentrate mode being left in the programming as well, so we must confirm a few more samples before we can give the okay to manufacture.

LabPong

Last night Bud from Vape Life fired up his Tera and said that it does not off gas or show any signs of problems like the first batch. But he did not use it much yet and does not have much to report except that. Hopefully Boundless has no more problems with the Tera and it will be good to go now. Just wait for a week or two more and I am sure it will be going back to production if all is good now with the test units people are getting or just got.

sickmanfraud

We are currently gathering more feedback from those who received the samples. Initial impressions are that everything is working great with concentrate mode being left in the programming as well, so we must confirm a few more samples before we can give the okay to manufacture.

@Boundless Vape Technology, I have a question...

When CFV owners were offered an upgrade to the Tera we were informed that the first production run was already spoken for so the upgrades were for batch 2. With me so far?

If you know you need more units than your original first order, and you are already making an order from Smiss, why not increase the number of available units for retailers and the upgrade?

I don't see why the upgrade folks cannot have units from a larger "first batch".

dannydroid

Google Nazi
A production line can only produce so many units per week, and they've most likely hit that limit. Adding capacity to a production line is very expensive.

Boundless may only be renting X amount of staff, equipment and capacity. Plus, Boundless isn't Smiss only partner, they have other "brands" to take care of.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

A production line can only produce so many units per week, and they've most likely hit that limit. Adding capacity to a production line is very expensive.

I have never had the pleasure of manufacturing a product on the other side of the Earth, but it still seems to me that If batch 1 was supposed to be X number of units they could change the order to X plus Y for a new batch size Z.

sickmanfraud,

sammuel

We don't really know, this is all assumption and speculations :haw: but if I had to guess, I'd say the CFV trade-in (which I think is basically selling the Tera for only 50$) is not the company's first priority right now, as they are likely at a loss on the Tera with the recall and all that

sammuel,
Reactions: KeroZen

sickmanfraud

We don't really know, this is all assumption and speculations :haw: but if I had to guess, I'd say the CFV trade-in (which I think is basically selling the Tera for only 50$) is not the company's first priority right now, as they are likely at a loss on the Tera with the recall and all that

I can't believe there is not insurance to cover the mess-ups. You could also look at the CFV as a good idea with poor execution (how could they not check out battery run-time) and many of us gave them our $$ for a device that did not produce what we were promised 2 YEARS AGO.

I don't want to say that Boundless' bottom line is not my issue. However, just like they will not share their profits I don't see how some people can tell people who traded their money for a product that did not perform to the specs that they should "understand".

I am grateful that Boundless is attempting to satisfy the CFV purchasers, I just do not understand why they can not make a larger order.

sickmanfraud,

SpudBob

I can't believe there is not insurance to cover the mess-ups. You could also look at the CFV as a good idea with poor execution (how could they not check out battery run-time) and many of us gave them our $$ for a device that did not produce what we were promised 2 YEARS AGO.

I don't want to say that Boundless' bottom line is not my issue. However, just like they will not share their profits I don't see how some people can tell people who traded their money for a product that did not perform to the specs that they should "understand".

I am grateful that Boundless is attempting to satisfy the CFV purchasers, I just do not understand why they can not make a larger order.
Maybe they are!!! You'll just have to be patient a while longer!

SpudBob,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
new-importer.jpg

Baron23

I just do not understand why they can not make a larger order.

I'm really not trying to be a smart ass, but your quote makes me think that you don't have any/much experience in supply chain management.

As explained above, NO.....most often you cannot turn up production rates on a dime. And if your long term projections don't support that higher production rate, its pretty much a waste of time and money to do so for a single batch.

Also, and I'm no Boundless apologist, but while they have made the offer of the CFV trade in, I really don't see where they owe this to anybody and, in particular, do not owe it to anybody on any kind of fixed schedule. My :2c:

Razor

yes, it's about time they actually test their stuff before selling it :nod:

They did test their units before they sold them. If you have ever watched their videos, you'd see that. It could still easily happen again no matter how many test units they have sent to them. As long as they dont try to get people their units 2 days before chinese new year starts, it should be fine.

SpudBob

yes, it's about time they actually test their stuff before selling it :nod:
Yah know, dude, you have another one of their units that, apparently works fine! You said your tera unit worked with no issues so the idea that they don't test their stuff is just plain stupid. Have you watched their stream??? They self test the crap out of them! Shit happens! They had a bump in the road! Ghost had problems on their roll out too! Get over yourself! Stop the bashing! It just makes you look bad!

sammuel

Yah know, dude, you have another one of their units that, apparently works fine! You said your tera unit worked with no issues so the idea that they don't test their stuff is just plain stupid. Have you watched their stream??? They self test the crap out of them! Shit happens! They had a bump in the road! Ghost had problems on their roll out too! Get over yourself! Stop the bashing! It just makes you look bad!

Hold your horses you basher, I was only responding to someone.. don't drag me into this again

sammuel,
Reactions: BigJr48

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Hey everyone, I wanted to share this update that was sent out to Tera pre-order customers:

We have received an estimated shipping date from our factory for the Tera of 4/11/18. Currently, we are in the process of manufacturing the revised water pipe adapters that will be included with the unit as well as updating and reprinting the manual to include instructions on how to use the revised water pipe adapter. Additional updates to the unit itself include the ability to flip the display by clicking the increase temperature button three times, haptic feedback to alert the user when the session is complete, and temperature adjustment on concentrate mode. We are hoping that the transit of the units should take less than a week, which would make our goal of having units out by the 4/20 weekend. If anything changes I will be sure to notify, all of us at Boundless are eagerly awaiting these units and I hope we can get them out to the community asap. For any questions please feel free to email Eric@bndlstech.com.

Thank you all for the continued support!

Top Bottom