• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless Tera

FC123

And in case anyone is wondering what ISO 9001 Cert is

http://the9000store.com/what-are-iso-9000-standards/what-is-iso-9001/

Now that we're waiting for new shipments and screw ups to be fixed, lets get some discussions going. Anyone that has a working Tera, what would you change about it?

Here's some common answers

WPA needs re design
LED screen placed awkwardly when on a rig

I know I find myself wanting a little more heat retention in the bowl during sessions. It milks really well but after each hit I take about 30 seconds which is enough for the bowl to cool down more than I'd like. Maybe the CFX 2 will fix that part for me with variable conduction but hopefully it keeps the same airflow as the Tera which is awesome.

I do not own a Tera (yet), but I think the most important part is that it should be firmware upgradable. @Boundless Vape Technology
Something like that is a very bad decision. Look at Firefly 2 or the MV1. Or the new Mighty/Crafty. Their usage quality improved by firmwareupgrades and I find that really amazing. But also for minor changes in controls. If i would buy a tera now and in one year you released a not significantly better vape by hardware improvements but for most in the softwareside, I would be very disappointed.

Interchangeable mouthpieces are a good idea for improving performance without changing the whole unit. I like that idea.

Razor

Yes but the firmware on the ghost controls a lot more. For instance, the ghost ceramic rod actually moves and vibrates. The firmware changes the frequency at which it does this. The Tera on the other hand is a heater that just heats. It has sensors to get the correct temp but thats about it so a firmware update wouldnt really change the operation of the device unless someone knows of some part inside that actually requires firmware integration that changes the usage.

I wouldnt mind the ability to do that though. I think it may increase the price a bit :D

Razor,

dannydroid

Google Nazi
I do not own a Tera (yet), but I think the most important part is that it should be firmware upgradable. @Boundless Vape Technology
Something like that is a very bad decision. Look at Firefly 2 or the MV1. Or the new Mighty/Crafty. Their usage quality improved by firmwareupgrades and I find that really amazing. But also for minor changes in controls. If i would buy a tera now and in one year you released a not significantly better vape by hardware improvements but for most in the softwareside, I would be very disappointed.

Interchangeable mouthpieces are a good idea for improving performance without changing the whole unit. I like that idea.
Upgradable firmware is expensive in many regards (labour / skill-set and implementation being the big ones), and they'd be better of designing and building that part in house instead of building off whatever Smiss has designed (for a wide range of possible reasons).

Its a BIG thing to do, and it's not something you can decide to try out. it requires a lot of knowledge that doesn't come cheap. and tbh, I think Boundless are a little too young atm do be doing something like that.

Once they nail down their R&D and QC issues, I would like to see they move into the software space, because, why not?

Strakinpak

Its too bad 420vapezone didnt release his video for the Tera. I would love to see somekind of review or feedback of the critics especially now that some of us get/have to choose between waiting or getting a discount on another vape. I believe the reviews people here did earlier, and that it is a beast, but what does it compare to?

Last edited:
Strakinpak,
Reactions: sammuel

sammuel

Its too bad 420vapezone didnt release his video for the Tera. I would love to see somekind of review or feedback of the critics especially now that some of us get/have to choose between waiting or getting a discount on another vape. I believe the reviews people here did earlier, and that it is a beast, but what does it compare to?

Release the video Troy :leaf:

Razor

I think the reviews would be better left out until we get new shipments in rofl could you imagine??

"This device is so amazing! I didnt put anything in it and it magically gives vapor!" lmfao

Razor,
Reactions: Used2use

stickstones

Vapor concierge
If everything is aligned inside and there is no off gassing, why would you send it back? They arent all defective.

This is a PSA and I'll say it again...please don't use your Tera. If retailers are pulling it off the shelves, we should too. Mine is collecting dust right now.

the ghost ceramic rod

Where is that ceramic rod?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Hi guys, I am just a new member not really updated regarding the world of vaporizers, so please be patient with me and with my silly questions.

I was taking in consideration to get my first convection portable vaporizer.
The 100% convection heating IS a point for me.

I was into the CFV, but then I saw the new Tera has been released.
Checking the latest regarding the Tera I discovered this thread and all the off-gassing issues related to first Tera batch.

Now, what would you suggest to a newbie like me?
Should I go back to my original idea of getting a CFV, or should I wait until the Tera issues will be solved and the new qualified batches will be available?
Please consider that I’ll only use the vapo at home and the battery life does not have a huge impact on my choice.

Thank you all, I’ll keep following this thread anyway.

Don't go back, never go back! Technology & design keeps on improving. *Sent you a pm with my suggestion.

Razor

This is a PSA and I'll say it again...please don't use your Tera. If retailers are pulling it off the shelves, we should too. Mine is collecting dust right now.

Where is that ceramic rod?
The heating rod im sure is what i was talking about. You can see it if you look in the unit. Its been a while since ive sent mine back and im pretty high so it could be not ceramic lol

Boundless is also a retailer. Theyre not recalling every vape as far as i know and thats who i got it from and ive already checked it out. I have enough knowledge to tell if the insides are badmyself. The email from boundless was only for those units affected as well.

Last edited:

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Hey everyone, Boundless Technology is strongly advising to not use any first production Tera units. This is including those units that appear to be gas and smell free. A number of flaws were found and we are taking full responsibility for allowing these flaws to be released to the market. I will be updating with a list of flaws found shortly and return labels will be automatically sent out to all pre-order customers if you have not received one already. As a short-term solution, we are offering to send out any other Boundless unit or offer a full refund. A new Tera will be sent out once we have confirmed these issues have been addressed and a tear down will be released for both first production Tera units and the second edition units to highlight the issues found and to show how these issues were resolved. A secondary quality control will be established and we are currently working on a production guide that will be implemented by our manufacturer. Boundless product and the Boundless brand name have all be affected by this unfortunate situation and we acknowledge that this can not happen again. We are working hard to fix these issues and I am looking forward to sharing updates on when the fixed Teras will be released. Thank you all for the continued support.

For any questions please email Eric@bndlstech.com.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hey everyone, Boundless Technology is strongly advising to not use any first production Tera units. This is including those units that appear to be gas and smell free. A number of flaws were found and we are taking full responsibility for allowing these flaws to be released to the market. I will be updating with a list of flaws found shortly and return labels will be automatically sent out to all pre-order customers if you have not received one already. As a short-term solution, we are offering to send out any other Boundless unit or offer a full refund. A new Tera will be sent out once we have confirmed these issues have been addressed and a tear down will be released for both first production Tera units and the second edition units to highlight the issues found and to show how these issues were resolved. A secondary quality control will be established and we are currently working on a production guide that will be implemented by our manufacturer. Boundless product and the Boundless brand name have all be affected by this unfortunate situation and we acknowledge that this can not happen again. We are working hard to fix these issues and I am looking forward to sharing updates on when the fixed Teras will be released. Thank you all for the continued support.

That's a responsible answer. Thank you.

Baron23

That was exactly the correct response, Boundless, particularly the pledge of transparency regarding the original problems and the implemented solutions. Thank you.

sammuel

Sorry but it would have been responsible to email everyone who pre ordered already, if you are not checking FC or reddit - you are still unaware of all this

SpudBob

Sorry but it would have been responsible to email everyone who pre ordered already, if you are not checking FC or reddit - you are still unaware of all this
They are aware of the problem! They are working to remedy the problem! They have offered a refund and or a lender unit of your choice. What more do you want??? Get a refund and move on or wait till it gets fixed!

sammuel

They are aware of the problem! They are working to remedy the problem! They have offered a refund and or a lender unit of your choice. What more do you want??? Get a refund and move on or wait till it gets fixed!

You didn't get it - I meant those who aren't checking FC arent aware of this yet

Edit: Email received this minute finally

sammuel

Dude, they have been recalled by the manufacturer and the dealers. Unless someone bought theirs and then moved to Tibet they will be contacted. Give it a rest! geeeezzzz!

Dude you are just unreal.. I was pointing out that those who ordered from Boundless were unaware of this advisory and could still be vaping it, but what do you care right

sammuel,

SpudBob

Did you read the message from Eric??? ALL units have been recalled!!! All who ordered them are being contacted via Boundless and or their distributors! Get a grip. I just got an email from Eric and they are moving to rectify the situation. Just not fast enough for YOU. Oh thats right you are one of the ones who got a non-defective unit or so you said! WTF are you complaining about!

SpudBob,
Top Bottom