Boundless Tera

Razor

What I'm really waiting for is the CFV 2 . I really enjoy the changeable walls for the bowl and the ceramic outsides. Add in changeable batteries and I would probably buy more than one.

Razor,
Reactions: Gregori

Razor

That's a shame. It was actually a good feature. Looks like the Tera is going to be good for sure. There are quite a few vapes out with convection and a SS bowl that provides conduction out and they all work amazingly well.

Razor,

Razor

I would rather have ceramic but I will settle for SS :p At least it's not aluminum. Not sure who's idea that was to make a entire bowl out of aluminum but I'm glad they are considering alternatives.

Razor,
Reactions: KeroZen

SpudBob

They are supposed to have 2 Beta units as their last before production. They said one S.S. and one anodized aluminum. I don't know if the anodization makes a difference or not.

SpudBob,
Reactions: KeroZen

Razor

It does. Aluminum anodizing is an electrochemical process in which an oxide (anodic) layer is chemically built on the surface of the metal. This oxide layer acts as an insulator and can be dyed in a wide variety of colors. Anodizing provides surface corrosion protection along with an excellent substrate for decorative finishes.

But why its bad is because acids can still effect it. But you dont have any acid you say? THC is pretty acidic, so after a while even anodized aluminum will start to break down. It may take years for that to happen but I would rather keep clear of it all together. I just happen to have a vape thats about 6 years old myself.

This wouldn't be an issue if the entire bowl wasnt made out of it or if the aluminum was just the heater alone but the combination of heat retention and acidity from THC leaves me skeptical at best.

Storz and Bickel have aluminum rings in their portable units which dont come in contact with her much if at all. This unit however has the entire bowl made out of aluminum. Not something I'm lookin forward to as I always air on the side of caution when it comes to my health.

There are a lot of people that say anodized aluminum does not leach and is safe, but even if I were convinced of that, I would not use it since there are already safer alternatives that we KNOW has absolutely no possible effect.

AtomicPB

Adamantium is the metal that was enriched into Wolverines (Marvels X-Men) bones to enhance his bone structure and his knuckle blades. In the comics it is said to be near indestructible.

The Mithril has already been explained.

:)

blackstone

It's good that they're going to try both metals.
Something tells me aluminium might work better, but if they're the same then SS is best.

I'm hoping this device will be able to perform in a similar way to my desktop convection unit when i try and get around an hour of great tasting vapor from one nug, adding a pinch more for each few pulls and keeping the temps low at first.
But even if it can't it'll still be a tasty portable device I imagine.
As long as it's not cough city with a short CU or glass MP.

Having said all that the Haze Square seems to be priced lower, but you have ongoing costs and orders for heater coils with that one.

I :love:Bndls
Those guys are funny. Sucks I missed the latest stream

If the giveaways and the 'live' element are not a huge thing for you,
you can still watch a recording of the last stream using the same link or page.
Not sure if it's set in stone but it worked for me once or twice!

blackstone,
Reactions: JCharles

elykpeace

exVASted
It's good that they're going to try both metals.
Something tells me aluminium might work better, but if they're the same then SS is best.

I'm hoping this device will be able to perform in a similar way to my desktop convection unit when i try and get around an hour of great tasting vapor from one nug, adding a pinch more for each few pulls and keeping the temps low at first.
But even if it can't it'll still be a tasty portable device I imagine.
As long as it's not cough city with a short CU or glass MP.

Having said all that the Haze Square seems to be priced lower, but you have ongoing costs and orders for heater coils with that one.

If the giveaways and the 'live' element are not a huge thing for you,
you can still watch a recording of the last stream using the same link or page.
Not sure if it's set in stone but it worked for me once or twice!

Thanks yeah I watch the re runs when I can't make the stream.. been watching them over a year now. And they are always a blast.

lookhigh

FC member
Nearly black Friday and I'm getting itchy to buy something vapy. Will i save for the tera or just give in to my VAS?

lookhigh,

CL52613

Just some information about anodizing. It is just a type of treatment to protect the base material. Like non-stick coatings, it will degrade with use. Heat and abrasion will affect how quickly it degrades. I cannot imagine it not producing some off gases, and would be concerned how easily such a thinned walled heating chamber would retain it shape in a vaporizer. Even tri-clad cooking pans will warp with repeated high temperature use, and those are aluminum core material covered with stainless steel. And Anodized pots and pans lose their coating with regular use. Just a thought and a reason to keep aluminum from ever being used in a vaporizer heater.

CL52613,

Razor

If anyone is wonder, you can purchase them on the website right now. The actual release isnt until december 15th or so from what the videos say but you can purchase them now.

Razor

Now that we know about it and it's not going to change, my next question is what is the ph of thc oil and how long will the walls of the anodized chamber last against the acidity of the oil? This is the question that needs answered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anodizing

Razor,
Top Bottom