Boundless Tera

metaldude18

That is very poor, I would start a RMA on the Boundless site direct and say to never use POTV again and stick with Randal at PUFFITUP or go direct to Boundless(or other manufacturers):myday:
I though POTV was better than that.:disgust:

I just tried a heap of different ways to try and replicate the self turn-on fault (removing 1 or both batteries while running then reinserting etc) but could not get it to happen. I did find out the Tera runs fine on just one battery! Just the right-hand one needs to be inserted to work.:hmm:
If dealing with Puffitup, Alex is also a great person and responses quickly too. I had a great experience with POTV this week. My other package the dynavape came last night. I didn't think it was so small or that it could use concentrates

metaldude18,
Reactions: LesPlenty

yogurtsauce

The 3D flow stem makes the Tera awesome. The h20 stem doesn’t cool down as well and has worse ergonomics than the 3D flow.

yogurtsauce,

Jgott56

Need some advice folks.

I’ve had the Tera for 2 days.

Day 1: soaked and washed the mouthpieces in hot water and soap. Iso swabbed oven and did 4 500 degree burn-offs blowing into air intake. Didn’t see any smoke from oven. Smelled a little gross but I hoped it would go away.

Day 2: more burn-offs blowing into oven. Iso swabbed oven. Another burn-off. I turned empty oven up to 370f and inhaled with rubber seal and arizer glass stem and it tasted like chemicals in my mouth.

Thought I’d put in a dosage capsule since so many people say using it should help smell/taste go away. Didn’t taste great.

Put in the WPA and hit it dry through a water piece at 345f and I was immediately light headed. Tried again at 370f and again I was struck with lightheadedness.

Any advice or did this happen to you guys?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Any advice or did this happen to you guys?
I only had real trouble with a smell in the black silicone seals that I made worse with dishwashing liquid. I would say to do some more burn offs while blowing air through the vape from the bottom to get the heat through the vape(it is a convection heavy vape that needs airflow to heat things).:tup:

Jgott56

I only had real trouble with a smell in the black silicone seals that I made worse with dishwashing liquid. I would say to do some more burn offs while blowing air through the vape from the bottom to get the heat through the vape(it is a convection heavy vape that needs airflow to heat things).:tup:

Mouthpiece on or off?

Jgott56,

thx1138

returned mine for the reasons noted by @Jgott56
the off gassing was nuts
I thought they attempted to address this issue with the latest version

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Mouthpiece on or off?
Off will be fine, works differently to a conduction vape.:tup:

I thought they attempted to address this issue with the latest version
They did, hard to believe it used to be worse! You may have had a faulty unit if the smell did not go away after all the smell reduction tricks, some people can also be very sensitive to some odors (silicone, etc).:myday:

LesPlenty,
Here is one technique if you are a high temperature 5 min session type of person

In terms of hits that are 5-10s, like I said before the puff puff method works best
To quickly summarize, for each hit you take, puff hard 2-3 times to get the vapor going (I personally take two 3s puffs w/out breathing into my lungs before taking my draw but this can vary for everyone)

Don't take a puff and take your mouth off the mouthpiece. Keeping your mouth on the mouthpiece and not breathing the vapor into your lungs, take a puff and wait a bit, repeat 1 or 2 more times, then take your 5-10s draw at constant draw speed

Here is a technique that works well at high temperatures

Take 6 hits. Each hit will be exactly 5s
Do the puff puff method for each hit
Hold each hit for 5s breathing deeply into your lungs and completely exhaling the vapor on exhale

If your tolerance is low enough like mine used to be you can do this on lower temperatures as low as 356 to great effects. Sometimes a high THC strain can really be felt at low temperatures like 356. I find the puff puff method extracts the herb faster and my AVB comes out much darker from the same number of hits vs. not using the puff puff method

An alternative to the puff puff method w/ a full convection vape like the Tera is the cigar puffs/sips until you get vapor before drawing technique. I personally don't use it much

@Boundless Vape Technology

Thank you Eric for checking the forums and making sure customers are satisfied. I have great news finally it looks like USPS falsified the delivery from 2 days ago. The package magically showed up last night when I got back at midnight after work.

The packaging was damaged to the point the bubble wrapped interior was penetrated and one could but 3 fingers inside the rip. The TERA box looks undamaged along with the other accessories I got for it. I am just hoping this one isn't defective. I will report more when I have at least tested the unit for a week. The first TERA from PIU went bad within less than 5 days.

However the porch pirates did get my amazon package.

@vaping_is_my_hobby

I am excited to try a new technique on the Tera...I have friends who have never used a vape and they are gonna be testing 3 vapes in one night this Saturday lol.

Guys I forgot to mention

The puff puff method w/ six 5s hits and holding each hit for 5s works with out holding each hit for 5s but the high is different

Depending on the strain one might be better than the other or they may both be good but different

For example the last strain I had was canned Pink Runtz (one of the highest graded and best strains I ever had) and it was great w/ the method I described by holding the six 5s hits for 5s

I didn't try not holding the hits for 5s however (regret not trying it out)

Not so much with Jungle Cake

Not holding the six 5s hits for 5s works better (I know because I felt a nice high w/ not holding the first bowl, but did not feel as high on the immediate second bowl by holding in the hits for 5s)

I am going to try holding the six 5s hits for 5s followed by exhaling until I see vapor and then inhaling again and then finally fully exhaling out and report results

If I find it superior to simply holding it in for 5s then I will stick to that method or not holding in the hits depending on how lazy my lungs feel

But afterwards I might stick to not holding in the hits as it might be better for my lungs :tup:

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
vaping_is_my_hobby,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The puff puff method w/ six 5s hits and holding each hit for 5s works w/out holding each hit for 5s
That's right, go left.:rofl:
Experimenting is fun, but the whole 'how long should I hold my vape in' is debated in other threads.:tup:

Mouthpiece on or off?
Another trick to help get rid of the smell in the black silicone parts is to cook them in your oven on low for an hour or so to finish curing the material.
Just don't overdo it, one person that will remain unnamed put his in the oven at 180C (I suggested low) and left them there for a couple of hours, they were still OK but I would say 100C (214f) for an hour would be better, if they still smell after another wash, cook them again.
I only use the WPA so I just left my rubber parts in the sun (on a window sill would do) for a week or so.:myday:

That's right, go left.:rofl:
Experimenting is fun, but the whole 'how long should I hold my vape in' is debated in other threads.:tup:

Another trick to help get rid of the smell in the black silicone parts is to cook them in your oven on low for an hour or so to finish curing the material.
Just don't overdo it, one person that will remain unnamed put his in the oven at 180C (I suggested low) and left them there for a couple of hours, they were still OK but I would say 100C (214f) for an hour would be better, if they still smell after another wash, cook them again.
I only use the WPA so I just left my rubber parts in the sun (on a window sill would do) for a week or so.:myday:
I don't hold it in for more than 5s
Plus 5s is the sweet spot for me
(try four 20s hits and hold it for 5s at the highest temperature, you will like this high; I've tried not holding and it is not as effective for this particular hit size and number of hits)
Breathing technique has a huge impact on the type of high you feel
When I said it also works (the six 5s hits) without holding, I meant you will feel very high but the high feels different from holding it
Heck you might prefer the high you feel from not holding it
HOW MANY HITS YOU TAKE WHILE HOLDING OR NOT HOLDING PLAYS A HUGE ROLE AS WELL
I have many techniques to guarantee I get high in terms of hit sizes, how much to take and when their peak is in terms of effectiveness, and breathing methods
I saved them in a log for future reference in case I forgot as well as what doesn't work
which is very important
The experimenting has paid off for me
A lot of people vape and don't get as high as they want
I make sure I get as stoned as I want:tup:

Last edited:
vaping_is_my_hobby,

Jgott56

I’ll put in my batteries, close the door and the unit will be on without me having to press the middle button 5 times.

Is that normal or is that some kind of malfunction?

it’s not heating up. It’s just sitting at a low temp if I press any button once to bring up the display it’s usually in the 100s (f).

Jgott56,

hit&run

Oh no. :uhoh: Thought / hoped this was normal for the Tera - though wondered too about that "issue".
Got my 2nd Tera v3 two days ago.
1st one worked well for about 3 weeks, then sent it in because of similar issues as described by metaldude18 on 11/23 in answer # 2640.
2nd Tera works well so long.
But both units started from the beginning 'on, in stand-by' as soon as batteries are put into device.
Now wondering when my 2nd Tera v3 goes crazy and i can send back too. :hmm::|
By the way first three of six letters from serial number of both devices i have received: "AIK"

metaldude18

Oh no. :uhoh: Thought / hoped this was normal for the Tera - though wondered too about that "issue".
1st one worked well for about 3 weeks, then sent it in because of similar issues as described by metaldude18 on 11/23 in answer # 2640.
But both units started from the beginning 'on, in stand-by' as soon as batteries are put into device.
By the way first three of six letters from serial number of both devices i have received: "AIK"
I am hoping my 2nd Tera this time from POTV (1st from Puffitup) does not show as defective after a short period of usage. It took 5 days of using my 1st Tera before I noticed it has a defective Tera.

Depending on who you brought it from the store may refund or exchange before you go through with Boundless warranty.

metaldude18,

Jgott56

mine begins AIAK

I am hoping my 2nd Tera this time from POTV (1st from Puffitup) does not show as defective after a short period of usage. It took 5 days of using my 1st Tera before I noticed it has a defective Tera.

Depending on who you brought it from the store may refund or exchange before you go through with Boundless warranty.

where was your first one from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jgott56,

loug

My Tera has always behaved that way (standby after battery change). I assumed that was the way it worked and just pressed 5 to shut off and continued on from there. Other than that my Tera has been great - no burn in was needed in April when I got it and no other issues since - guess I'm lucky.

loug,
Reactions: joner

Jgott56

Me too, my Tera rips and I love it, I'm not perturbed by it turning itself on to please me giggity

i guess I wouldn’t either if I wasn’t getting light-headed after every hit. Even with cbd flower.

Jgott56,

Vapster707

Yea I got a sneaky Pete fire sale Tera did a bunch of 500 burn offs blowing from tha bottom leaving tha mouthpiece on and no smell for me used it twice so far and all goin smooth ... Say what you want about boundless but damn they make vapes that hit hard ... I had tha CF before passing it on to family tha CF hits also ... I'm very happy with tha Tera ...

My only complaint is the buttons feel cheap and not as clicking/responsive as I'd like ...

Vapster707,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
This part is what is not normal.:2c:
OK, I think I mis read that, it is normal, I thought it was like the video where it was actually heating up when you put the batteries in.:disgust: Sorry to mislead you @Jgott56 your Tera works like mine, all good, I am the thing that was fucked:myday:

LesPlenty,
Top Bottom