Boundless Tera

metaldude18

Just ordered a Tera yesterday! Excited to join the community. I plan on reading through the whole thread(I’m on page 25 at the moment) but I have a few quick questions so I can have everything when the Tera arrives.

Will healthy rips fury 2 dosage capsules fit or do I need S&B dosage capsules?

when I use a dosage capsule should I keep the bottom screen of Tera in place or remove it?

should I use a solo2 stem with the included Tera rubber mouthpiece or should I buy the Xmax water adapter and use that rubber instead?

What’s the best WPA to use now that everyone has had time to experiment?

Thanks so much and excited to add to the thread.

I read through this entire thread and never once did I see anything about the fury 2 capsules however I need someone else to confirm it.
I know for certain S&B capsules fit well and do not get stuck in the oven.
I use a bottom screen B/C I prefer a cleaner vape and a lot of times some finely grind herb would be sucked out of the capsule and would be in between the capsule and the mouthpiece screen. I use a screen to ensure the oven never has herb fall into the bottom air holes.

I know you can use the solo 2 and argo stems with the silicone gasket. I am not sure about the Xmax adapter.

metaldude18,
Reactions: LesPlenty
You guys don't mind if I share some techniques I have discovered along my experimentation journey do you?
I might have to share my techniques in separate posts because if I try to cram them in one post, my post will start looking like a thesis

I'll share one part

I find if you hold the hits, you feel it more in the face and if you don't hold the hits, you feel it more in the body. Maybe its just me. I also find the longer you draw, the more Indica like the hit feels and the shorter the hit, the more Sativa like the hit feels. So for Sativas, I find shorter hits are more effective and for Indicas w/ enough cannaboids other than THC, bigger hits take advantage of the Indica effects.
You can still do big hits w/ Sativas and small hits w/ Indicas because it all depends on the strain and its makeup. However, if that is not effective then try the opposite for each. Continuing on

If you are taking hits between 5-10s, the sweet spot in terms of hits are
1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 12
5 hits don't do it for me w/ this hit size range whether I hold or don't hold in the hits or not
I will have to try higher a number of hits
How effective these sweet spots are depend on technique, your tolerance (my tolerance has gotten too high tbh), and how you hit the Tera.

IMPORTANT: I discovered on reddit on and from my own experience that to feel the most from hits 5-10s, what you need to do for each hit is hit the Tera hard (say for 3s but not into lungs) and wait a bit, hit it again and wait a bit, then hit it again and maintain a constant draw speed for 5-10s

You will get MASSIVE CLOUDS even through the Arizer glass stem
Way bigger clouds than hitting the Tera regularly
If you try this technique through a bong, the clouds are gigantic

The puff puff method described is not enough for hits 5-10s to feel them right
Your breathing technique (holding in for 5s vs. breathing deeply into lungs and breathing out for example)
also plays a role and the number of hits you take determines what breathing techniques to use

I will share that in a future post

Last edited:
vaping_is_my_hobby,

metaldude18

So I was supposed to get my Tera last night from POTV but porch pirates got to it before I did after work. And this is after having to send a defective unit to Puffitup. Maybe its a sign I shouldn't have a Tera lol.
Out of 15 years getting packages that have been left unattended I got 2 packages stolen in one night (other was from Amazon).

Anybody here have an issue with porch pirates snagging vaporizer packages? It's such a bummer since I have been on a mandatory T-break from 3 weeks which I was going to be able to toke on 12/5. POTV is going to investigate for a few days before shipping a replacement.

Happy holidays!

metaldude18,

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
So I was supposed to get my Tera last night from POTV but porch pirates got to it before I did after work. And this is after having to send a defective unit to Puffitup. Maybe its a sign I shouldn't have a Tera lol.
Out of 15 years getting packages that have been left unattended I got 2 packages stolen in one night (other was from Amazon).

Anybody here have an issue with porch pirates snagging vaporizer packages? It's such a bummer since I have been on a mandatory T-break from 3 weeks which I was going to be able to toke on 12/5. POTV is going to investigate for a few days before shipping a replacement.

Happy holidays!
Feel free to send me an email to Eric@bndlstech.com and I can do my best to help. Sorry to hear about this inconvenience.

Jgott56

Happy holidays!

how would they know it’s a vaporizer? Isn’t in an unmarked box?

Jgott56,

metaldude18

@Boundless Vape Technology
Thank you. Solan from POTV has been so helpful, they are contacting the postmaster to see if it was lost. Though I personally talked to the mail carrier who said it was delivered but it wasn't set inside my building. I posted on the nextdoor app and my apt neighbors to see if they kept the package for safekeeping or if they saw porch pirates on the hunt for booty. I am going to be patient but if I need anything I'll ask. Thanks Eric. There's a reason I went with Boundless I heard the customer service is above and beyond especially the transparency with the recalls of the V1 and V2. Most companies would rather focus on profits at the expense of customers health.

@LesPlenty

Thank you and yes the bastards like Kyle from south park would say. And I hope the third time is smooth.

@Jgott56

They wouldn't until they open it at their pirate cove/lair. They just got lucky and xmas came early for them. First time ordering from POTV but I assume it is in an unmarked.

I love this community thanks for the support. I just wish i joined 8 years sooner

metaldude18,
Here is one technique if you are a high temperature 5 min session type of person

In terms of hits that are 5-10s, like I said before the puff puff method works best
To quickly summarize, for each hit you take, puff hard 2-3 times to get the vapor going (I personally take two 3s puffs w/out breathing into my lungs before taking my draw but this can vary for everyone)

Don't take a puff and take your mouth off the mouthpiece. Keeping your mouth on the mouthpiece and not breathing the vapor into your lungs, take a puff and wait a bit, repeat 1 or 2 more times, then take your 5-10s draw at constant draw speed

Here is a technique that works well at high temperatures

Take 6 hits. Each hit will be exactly 5s
Do the puff puff method for each hit
Hold each hit for 5s breathing deeply into your lungs and completely exhaling the vapor on exhale

If your tolerance is low enough like mine used to be you can do this on lower temperatures as low as 356 to great effects. Sometimes a high THC strain can really be felt at low temperatures like 356. I find the puff puff method extracts the herb faster and my AVB comes out much darker from the same number of hits vs. not using the puff puff method

An alternative to the puff puff method w/ a full convection vape like the Tera is the cigar puffs/sips until you get vapor before drawing technique. I personally don't use it much

Last edited:
vaping_is_my_hobby,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I tell newbies to pull until they see vapor, quickly exhale then rip it! (usually only needed at the start to get the Tera going if you don't have too long of a brain lock between puffs that is):tup:

metaldude18

@Boundless Vape Technology

Thank you Eric for checking the forums and making sure customers are satisfied. I have great news finally it looks like USPS falsified the delivery from 2 days ago. The package magically showed up last night when I got back at midnight after work.

The packaging was damaged to the point the bubble wrapped interior was penetrated and one could but 3 fingers inside the rip. The TERA box looks undamaged along with the other accessories I got for it. I am just hoping this one isn't defective. I will report more when I have at least tested the unit for a week. The first TERA from PIU went bad within less than 5 days.

However the porch pirates did get my amazon package.

@vaping_is_my_hobby

I am excited to try a new technique on the Tera...I have friends who have never used a vape and they are gonna be testing 3 vapes in one night this Saturday lol.

metaldude18

My meth is not too good, blurry eyes missed that one:tup:

Glad you have your new vape @metaldude18 and sounds like your friends are in for some fun.:haw:
Thank you and yes they don't believe that one can get stoned off a tiny dosing capsule for about 4 to 5 hours depending on tolerance. I'm gonna let them figure it out on their own. Plus their landlords dont like the smokey smell anymore. Time to get more peeps into the Tera lol.

By the way, everyone Solan from POTV is one of the best customer service reps I have ever deal with. We sent 15 emails back and forth and I got an average response time of less than 5 to 15 minutes.

Between Alex from PIU, Solan from POTV and Eric from Boundless they reduce the headaches of anything that goes wrong with one's vape shipments. Kudos to you three setting an example for all in customer service!

ArMed

Hello Everyone.

I waited more than ten business days after reaching out to these companies before I posted this.

I bought A Tera in November through Planet of the Vapes.

This will turn its heater on with no interaction. It will also switch to concentrate mode sometimes when it does this. It is getting hot enough to set herb on fire when it does this. It has done this with herb in the oven.

I reached out to Boundless to let them know about it and to tell them I had videos of it doing this. All I got from them was an auto reply about warranty service.

POV showed no concern. They even denied me a refund and only will allow a return as I reached out to them 16 days after I received the Vape.

Here is a link to a video of it turning it self on and starting to heat with no buttons being pushed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15ZTMM9T_dvow9GbLqqHY1kM0y3NER5OW

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_FVxQER2omNio86tuRTQLewT9Ol4-xE

metaldude18

Hello, I found out my Tera I brought a month ago was defective. In the process of getting another one. If anyone has heard of this defect I'm about to describe let me know.

I would turn the tera on and before it reaches the set temp (about 10 F from setting) in flower mode it turns off the heating and then turns off within 10 seconds. The tera will not turn on again unless one pulls the batteries out. then its like a 5 to 10 minute ordeal trying to heat it and then pulling the 18650s out repetitively. The haptic feedback rarely comes on when at the set temp. the tera when it's "working" it would go to sleep before the 5 minutes like within 1 to 3 minutes tops. Oh occasionally when I replace the 18650s the tera with turn on then switch to concentrate mode automatically without me setting there previously. At least there's no taste from the non plastic mouthpieces lol.

And btw when when one switches 18650s out does the Tera automatically turn on. I thought I had to click the center button 5 times fast for it to be on?

So I have some black friday sales coming up for the tera plus other vapes. POTV is supposed to sell the tera at $150 starting on 11/28 and puffitup is selling it under $160 with promo teragreen plus the boundless terp pen is on sell with the promo terpgreen.
here are the links enjoy:
https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/black-friday-vaporizer-sale-roundup-2019?utm_campaign=BFCM 2019: Roundup is live (JdzQvz)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Engaged Subscribers Holiday Tier #3&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJtaWNoYWVsbGVnZXJlQHByb3Rvbm1haWwuY29tIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiTFJTeHJwIn0=

https://blog.puffitup.com/2019/09/green-friday-2019-mega-sale-vaporizers-and-accessories/

If anyone knows better deals post it here please and thank you! I am bargain shopping for the tera once I receive my refund.

exact same issue ... i just sent it in this week to puff it up for replacement ...

@ArMed

I watched your video it is exactly the issue I had with my Puffitup Tera order from Oct 23 when I brought it. I started using it on 10/29 and it malfunctioned on 11/2. Puffitup allowed me to return it for a refund and I waited for the black friday sale and just got my 2nd Tera last night.

Is your Tera unresponsive sometimes when you try to use specific button actions too? If so then this is 100% the problems I faced. It is most definitely defective.

POTV has been very helpful at least for several users here on FC and myself. I talked to Solan from POTV.
Who was your customer service rep from Planet of the vapes?

metaldude18,

ArMed

@ArMed

I watched your video it is exactly the issue I had with my Puffitup Tera order from Oct 23 when I brought it. I started using it on 10/29 and it malfunctioned on 11/2. Puffitup allowed me to return it for a refund and I waited for the black friday sale and just got my 2nd Tera last night.

Is your Tera unresponsive sometimes when you try to use specific button actions too? If so then this is 100% the problems I faced. It is most definitely defective.

POTV has been very helpful at least for several users here on FC and myself. I talked to Solan from POTV.
Who was your customer service rep from Planet of the vapes?

My first rep was Larry. He said I was pushing the buttons to turn it on even though I didn't have a hand anywhere near that side of the vape.

I asked for a second rep and it is Nola. That person denied a refund to me.

I thought I was the only one at first. All the other issues they have had have been very wide spread.

They have already had two recalls on this line. I wonder if a third started by killing people in house fires is around the corner.

metaldude18

My first rep was Larry. He said I was pushing the buttons to turn it on even though I didn't have a hand anywhere near that side of the vape.

I asked for a second rep and it is Nola. That person denied a refund to me.

I thought I was the only one at first. All the other issues they have had have been very wide spread.

They have already had two recalls on this line. I wonder if a third started by killing people in house fires is around the corner.

Wow when you contacted POTV was it within the 14 days of the satisfaction guarantee?

On a unrelated note...I think I may have gone a little crazy on Black Friday what do you guys think? See the direct link

https://i.postimg.cc/PrbRfRVS/20191204-104318.jpg

Oh and I should have a dyna cap vape m 2019 starter kit coming within the next 2 hours if USPS don't screw me again lol!!!!

metaldude18,

ArMed

Wow when you contacted POTV was it within the 14 days of the satisfaction guarantee?

On a unrelated note...I think I may have gone a little crazy on Black Friday what do you guys think? See the direct link

https://i.postimg.cc/PrbRfRVS/20191204-104318.jpg

Oh and I should have a dyna cap vape m 2019 starter kit coming within the next 2 hours if USPS don't screw me again lol!!!!

Looks like you loaded yourself up for anything you might need.

It was 16 days after I had gotten the vape. I waited until I had time to sit down and try to catch it on video. I didn't know it would do it every single time. I didn't think the timing would matter that much with a defect in the vape.

I am not that irritated about the refund, I just didn't want POTV to have my money after how things had went. After looking into complaints about their refund process it doesn't seem fast, smooth, or complete anyway.

metaldude18

Looks like you loaded yourself up for anything you might need.

It was 16 days after I had gotten the vape. I waited until I had time to sit down and try to catch it on video. I didn't know it would do it every single time. I didn't think the timing would matter that much with a defect in the vape.

I am not that irritated about the refund, I just didn't want POTV to have my money after how things had went. After looking into complaints about their refund process it doesn't seem fast, smooth, or complete anyway.
Haha maybe ...maybe. I cant use anything until after my pee test tomorrow. :doh:

Yes they want you to go through a process before refund or exchange. It just sucks this happened around 2 days after the guarantee

metaldude18,
I tell newbies to pull until they see vapor, quickly exhale then rip it! (usually only needed at the start to get the Tera going if you don't have too long of a brain lock between puffs that is):tup:
I will use this method along w/ the puff puff method because the effects from the puff puff method feels like a blunt hit to the face

I never used the cigar puff till you get vapor method because it was strenuous constantly sipping until I see vapor

I will try out your method by drawing until I see vapor and quickly blowing it out before I start taking normal rips :tup:

Now I have two heat up techniques to work with:)

Last edited:
vaping_is_my_hobby,

metaldude18

I will use this method along w/ the puff puff method because the effects from the puff puff feels like a blunt hit to the face

I never used the cigar puff till you get vapor method because it was strenuous constantly sipping until I see vapor

I will try out your method by drawing until I see vapor and quickly blowing it out before I start taking normal rips :tup:

Now I have two heat up techniques to work with:)

I'm always interested in new inhalation ways. I will have to try this as well. It's so tiring doing a 12 to 15 minute session from a dosing capsule. I always had a feeling one could accomplish it in a few minutes.

Did some data analysis how much I toke from the 17 days I used the tera before my t - break. On average with using just the dosing caps I used roughly 0.15 g × 4 sessions daily. Good for up to 5 hours per session before coming down.

10.35 g used during that time 17 day period. At that rate it'll take about 45 days just by myself to go thru an o of herb just below top shelf recreational grade.

Very efficient at least in my book!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
POV showed no concern.

That is very poor, I would start a RMA on the Boundless site direct and say to never use POTV again and stick with Randal at PUFFITUP or go direct to Boundless(or other manufacturers):myday:
I though POTV was better than that.:disgust:

Why a j-hook

I just tried a heap of different ways to try and replicate the self turn-on fault (removing 1 or both batteries while running then reinserting etc) but could not get it to happen. I did find out the Tera runs fine on just one battery! Just the right-hand one needs to be inserted to work.:hmm:

LesPlenty,
Top Bottom