Boundless Tera

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hey everyone, just wanted to share some information I have received regarding the Tera and CFC 2.0.

Update I have received, my apologies for the late response. Unfortunately some personal issues came up and it delayed me in responding. Please keep in mind that changes may occur and I am sharing with hopes that these dates don't change as well. The Tera is in the final stages of manufacturing and should be ready to ship to our office no later than February 9th. Once they arrive to our office the units will be put into inventory then proceed to being shipped. The CFC 2.0 has been pushed back because of this delay and it seems at the moment that the CFC 2.0 will not be ready until late February/early March. If there is another delay please note that Chinese New Year will ultimately push the release to early March if the Tera is not ready by February 9th. It is in efforts to make the units the best quality and performance on the first run that leads to these delays. Both of these units are new for us and our factory. They must be tested to ensure that they perform to our expectations and it is important that any irregularities are found, noted, and adjusted before the final production run. In our efforts to be transparent with the community and our own excitement we shared release dates that seemed realistic at the time and had set the Tera to being released months ago. We then announced the pre-order on our live streams in an effort to give our dedicated viewers an opportunity to be one of the first to be a Tera owner with hopes the unit would have been ready mid December. During this time it was decided to switch the aluminum chamber with stainless steel, to add a concentrate mode, and to add an extra safety measure so the Tera does not heat up automatically right when turning on the unit. These adjustments were required prior to manufacturing the new Tera model and set production back. We sincerely apologize for this and any inconveniences this has caused to our community. Because of the long wait time, those who pre-ordered the Tera and CFC 2.0 and would like a refund will be fully compensated. Our team has been anticipating the Tera for quite some time now and it is very difficult and disappointing being notified of a delay and it is even harder sharing the updates of these delays with our community. We have learned that our efforts in being transparent can also lead to unrealistic dates and will plan around this for future product launches. This has also caused a change in marketing direction and will put the live streams on hold until this current situation is resolved. The Pre-order process should not have happened the way it did and we unfortunately must look back at this occurrence for all future products. With the upcoming CFX 2.0 and Core release later this year we will hold off on early pre-orders and will learn from our setbacks with the Tera and CFC 2.0.

Feel free to email Eric@bndlstech.com with any questions and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner. Thank you all for the support.

Your good intentions are well received here and we appreciate your ongoing communications as well!

Justpassedu

Hey everyone, just wanted to share some information I have received regarding the Tera and CFC 2.0.

Update I have received, my apologies for the late response. Unfortunately some personal issues came up and it delayed me in responding. Please keep in mind that changes may occur and I am sharing with hopes that these dates don't change as well. The Tera is in the final stages of manufacturing and should be ready to ship to our office no later than February 9th. Once they arrive to our office the units will be put into inventory then proceed to being shipped. The CFC 2.0 has been pushed back because of this delay and it seems at the moment that the CFC 2.0 will not be ready until late February/early March. If there is another delay please note that Chinese New Year will ultimately push the release to early March if the Tera is not ready by February 9th. It is in efforts to make the units the best quality and performance on the first run that leads to these delays. Both of these units are new for us and our factory. They must be tested to ensure that they perform to our expectations and it is important that any irregularities are found, noted, and adjusted before the final production run. In our efforts to be transparent with the community and our own excitement we shared release dates that seemed realistic at the time and had set the Tera to being released months ago. We then announced the pre-order on our live streams in an effort to give our dedicated viewers an opportunity to be one of the first to be a Tera owner with hopes the unit would have been ready mid December. During this time it was decided to switch the aluminum chamber with stainless steel, to add a concentrate mode, and to add an extra safety measure so the Tera does not heat up automatically right when turning on the unit. These adjustments were required prior to manufacturing the new Tera model and set production back. We sincerely apologize for this and any inconveniences this has caused to our community. Because of the long wait time, those who pre-ordered the Tera and CFC 2.0 and would like a refund will be fully compensated. Our team has been anticipating the Tera for quite some time now and it is very difficult and disappointing being notified of a delay and it is even harder sharing the updates of these delays with our community. We have learned that our efforts in being transparent can also lead to unrealistic dates and will plan around this for future product launches. This has also caused a change in marketing direction and will put the live streams on hold until this current situation is resolved. The Pre-order process should not have happened the way it did and we unfortunately must look back at this occurrence for all future products. With the upcoming CFX 2.0 and Core release later this year we will hold off on early pre-orders and will learn from our setbacks with the Tera and CFC 2.0.

Feel free to email Eric@bndlstech.com with any questions and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner. Thank you all for the support.

Ty for the update Eric . I understand the wait time with the Chinese New Year as i work for a business that gets 90% of the product from China and we have this same issue once a year. Patience is always best and i am sure the new products will arrive and beat our expectations .

Baron23

take a look @ Reddit, they are getting eaten up over there

This is just my opinion but companies that don't like to answer to customers complaining about delays on their preorders, they shouldn't do pre-orders in the first place! They only cause frustration.

Actually I was thinking in similar but slightly different terms. People who cannot absorb the schedule and tech risks shouldn't be early adopters and shouldn't place pre-orders.

If I had a vape company I would never, ever, give out a date. I would just launch. While most of us are very reasonable, there is an element that just gets flat out hysterical over slips and issues on early (really, almost pre-prod) units of a vape.

I notice that the fella who was thread banned (his name will not be mentioned haha) said "go look at Reddit" to see the complaints against Boundless. One reason I'm here on FC is so I don't have to wade through that crap on Reddit.

When its out, it will be out. Myself, I'm a bit early 'adoptered' out after the MV-1 and will give the Terra a few months of field time, but I am very interested in this vape and still have a very good opinion of Boundless.

jerseydvd

Actually I was thinking in similar but slightly different terms. People who cannot absorb the schedule and tech risks shouldn't be early adopters and shouldn't place pre-orders.

If I had a vape company I would never, ever, give out a date. I would just launch. While most of us are very reasonable, there is an element that just gets flat out hysterical over slips and issues on early (really, almost pre-prod) units of a vape.

I notice that the fella who was thread banned (his name will not be mentioned haha) said "go look at Reddit" to see the complaints against Boundless. One reason I'm here on FC is so I don't have to wade through that crap on Reddit.

When its out, it will be out. Myself, I'm a bit early 'adoptered' out after the MV-1 and will give the Terra a few months of field time, but I am very interested in this vape and still have a very good opinion of Boundless.
Yeah, I’m ok with preorders, but on a product that I can wait on delays for. If I wanted a vape immediately, I wouldn’t order something on preorder.
I have a vape I’m using, so I’m totally fine with waiting and getting a better product.
I’ve also had only good experiences with the Boundless people personally.
I have no regrets preordering this and waiting, especially after the preorder deal they offered over Black Friday weekend.

Just Justin

ok, complaining Cathy is here! Debby Doubter has gone to bed.

Switching from Aluminum to SS chamber seems like quite an undertaking for them to give us a January date but I don't manufacture vapes. Personally, I would have taken Aluminum and the Storz and Bickel products all use Aluminum, everyone of them, and they've proven themselves as the best, IMO.

Cant say I'm surprised...im not upset or annoyed though. It happens all to often and I am just used to it, which is probably a bad thing. I will however be surprised if we get the Tera in Feb.

I love the word "Transparent" and it seems to be every companies new favorite word whos having a delay but I'm really glad to hear this won't happen again with the release of Core and CFX 2.0 because they've learned from this situation, so at least something positive came out of this!

So to be clear, BNDLS won't be taking pre-orders for the Core and CFX 2.0 or are they saying they won't have delays with those vapes? I will probably order both, depending on how the Tera release unfolds...

I always regret pre-ordering when there are delays but I always regret it more if I don't!

I'm sure I'll get some flack for speaking my mind and that's fine but I don't give you any for being positively understanding. I don't make this personal, I just wanted to share.

Just Justin,

Just Justin

updates on the Tera? Chinese New Year is almost here, I guess it starts Feb 16, so if we don't get them by then, I doubt we'll see the Tera for another month or so, or until the Chinese New Year is over.....I would love an update!

dannydroid

Google Nazi
[...]

Please keep in mind that changes may occur and I am sharing with hopes that these dates don't change as well.

[...]

The Tera is in the final stages of manufacturing and should be ready to ship to our office no later than February 9th.

If there is another delay please note that Chinese New Year will ultimately push the release to early March if the Tera is not ready by February 9th.

[...]

I assume if we hear something before the 9th, good news. On or after the 9th, early march ship date.

dannydroid,

sickmanfraud

Guys:

A "watched vape never boils". It will arrive when it does and no amount of eating yourselves up about the delays will help.

Find something positive to dwell on and then be surprised when the Tera arrives.

I was told from the beginning of the CFV upgrade program that the replacements will not be included in the first batch and maybe not even the second.

Fire up your CFV, EVO, SOLO, TUBO or whatever, and relax...

Just Justin

I am looking forward to the Tera and thus the reason behind my curiosity. Maybe someone heard something and has some actual and helpful information they can provide...

Why do you care if I am wondering about an update or news???

I just like updates, part of the point of this forum and it makes me feel like an appreciated consumer and BNDLS hasn't had a lot to say, which is also fine. It seems like by now, BNDLS should know whether or not they will be able to deliver before the Chinese New Year or not, that's all I'm getting at and I don't know why I need to explain myself, Its really a simple question and I'm sure others are curious as well, so why knock it?

It really doesn't matter one way or another, there's nothing I or anyone can do about it, besides asking...

jerseydvd

I am looking forward to the Tera and thus the reason behind my curiosity. Maybe someone heard something and has some actual and helpful information they can provide...

Why do you care if I am wondering about an update or news???

I just like updates, part of the point of this forum and it makes me feel like an appreciated consumer and BNDLS hasn't had a lot to say, which is also fine. It seems like by now, BNDLS should know whether or not they will be able to deliver before the Chinese New Year or not, that's all I'm getting at and I don't know why I need to explain myself, Its really a simple question and I'm sure others are curious as well, so why knock it?

It really doesn't matter one way or another, there's nothing I or anyone can do about it, besides asking...
Here's the most recent update, as it was posted above.
It clearly explains the timeline, including if Chinese New Year hits before they arrive.
Never saw so many people get bent out of shape over vaping devices before coming to these forums.
Nobody is hiding any updates from anyone. This is the way it is, nothing we can do about it.

"Hey everyone, just wanted to share some information I have received regarding the Tera and CFC 2.0.

Feel free to email Eric@bndlstech.com with any questions and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner. Thank you all for the support."

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Some of our Chinese suppliers were already closed at the beginning of the month. The few who were not will be on the 10th. So yes, their statement about the 9th makes perfect sense: either the first batch is shipped before tomorrow and it should arrive before the end of the month, or we'll get a 15 days to one month extra delay.

Last edited:

jerseydvd

Some of our Chinese suppliers were already closed at the beginning of the month. The few who were not will be on the 10th. So yes, their statement about the 9th makes perfect sense: either the first batch is shipped before tomorrow and it should arrive before the end of the month, or we'll get a 15 days to one month delay.

I’m just happy that there’s a surprise on its way! ✌️

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
However in the meantime to fight off those, Chinese New Years Delay Blues, here's a little sumpun-sumpun to help you get through these cold February nights!

WvKlqMjfk1Y

Just Justin

Here's the most recent update, as it was posted above.
It clearly explains the timeline, including if Chinese New Year hits before they arrive.
Never saw so many people get bent out of shape over vaping devices before coming to these forums.
Nobody is hiding any updates from anyone. This is the way it is, nothing we can do about it.

"Hey everyone, just wanted to share some information I have received regarding the Tera and CFC 2.0.

Feel free to email Eric@bndlstech.com with any questions and I will do my best to answer in a timely manner. Thank you all for the support."

I appreciate the info but I should have clarified; news since that update...too soon? The only reason people are "bent out of shape," is because people keep saying were bent out of shape! I don't care if its another month, likely will be, just looking for more current info, that's all. Never said anyone was hiding updates, so don't know where that came from, probably reading into peoples comments and making assumptions, like I just did!

I for one, just want to know more about the Tera. I wish more (any) people and / or testers were able to comment on this device and compare it to the original CFV which was a disappointment IMO. The CFX was great, CFC was nice, so I'm hoping the Tera is another great one. BNDLS has said the draw is better and temps have been improved but at this point, its still a gamble on our part, those who pre-ordered. Not complaining either, I ride out all my pre-orders to the bitter end! The CFV's draw was way too constricted, especially after fixing the air leak in the mouthpiece and you had to use the highest temps to get any sort of vapor. Hoping the increased power will mean vapor at 360F like other vapes instead of 400F+. I will admit, flavor was great, the pure convection was cool and the rings were interesting and innovative but other than that, the CFV was a bust. Wish there were actual testers out there who could comment... Wasn't there a Beta Program for the Tera? What happened to that? Please don't read into this, I'm just curious, not mad, not anything but curious. Hungry for info on the Tera, to see if it is in fact, worthy waiting for....

SpudBob

I appreciate the info but I should have clarified; news since that update...too soon? The only reason people are "bent out of shape," is because people keep saying were bent out of shape! I don't care if its another month, likely will be, just looking for more current info, that's all. Never said anyone was hiding updates, so don't know where that came from, probably reading into peoples comments and making assumptions, like I just did!

I for one, just want to know more about the Tera. I wish more (any) people and / or testers were able to comment on this device and compare it to the original CFV which was a disappointment IMO. The CFX was great, CFC was nice, so I'm hoping the Tera is another great one. BNDLS has said the draw is better and temps have been improved but at this point, its still a gamble on our part, those who pre-ordered. Not complaining either, I ride out all my pre-orders to the bitter end! The CFV's draw was way too constricted, especially after fixing the air leak in the mouthpiece and you had to use the highest temps to get any sort of vapor. Hoping the increased power will mean vapor at 360F like other vapes instead of 400F+. I will admit, flavor was great, the pure convection was cool and the rings were interesting and innovative but other than that, the CFV was a bust. Wish there were actual testers out there who could comment... Wasn't there a Beta Program for the Tera? What happened to that? Please don't read into this, I'm just curious, not mad, not anything but curious. Hungry for info on the Tera, to see if it is in fact, worthy waiting for....
There were no "BETA" testers per se except the Boundless crew. There wasn't time. It would have been nice but..... anyway it will be here when its here!

Likes2vape

For me the battery life killed the cfv. I only vape at high temps so that didn’t bug me. I was also wondering if @Boundless Vape Technology was going to give an update on shipping. It seems like they should know by now if it will be going out or not. It really doesn’t matter much to me as I didn’t preorder but do plan on taking advantage of the upgrade program when it is available.

trfe

Obviously we’ll hear in a day or two about availability. As a newbie in these parts I was curious if the Tera ships this month would they be available to buy online or will the units they ship probably be just to satisfy pre-orders.

Maybe some more experienced folks have thoughts or @Boundless Vape Technology has answers.

sickmanfraud

Obviously we’ll hear in a day or two about availability. As a newbie in these parts I was curious if the Tera ships this month would they be available to buy online or will the units they ship probably be just to satisfy pre-orders.

Maybe some more experienced folks have thoughts or @Boundless Vape Technology has answers.

Welcome to FC @trfe . IIRC the units are already earmarked for shipment to the retailers.

dannydroid

Google Nazi

Welcome, I know you're new, but this has been posted many times across all forms of media (here, reddit, FB, etc).

(not trying to be a dick, just a believer of using Google :p - but I guess that from the abuse I used to get as a kid on the internet for not Googling xD )

First shipment: Pre-orders and retails (no one knows which retailers and how many each retailer will get).
Second shipment: Is meant to cover the CFV to CFV2.0 upgrade (a limited offer which allows you to upgrade from the old CFV to the new. Conditions apply.

I assume by the third shipment, availability will be more widespread, but who knows. CFV2.0 could sell like hotcakes and be on backorder for weeks / months, or its a bust and no one likes / enjoys the CFV2.0 and you can buy one from release day.

Only time will tell.

MonkeyTime

Welcome, I know you're new, but this has been posted many times across all forms of media (here, reddit, FB, etc).

(not trying to be a dick, just a believer of using Google :p - but I guess that from the abuse I used to get as a kid on the internet for not Googling xD )

First shipment: Pre-orders and retails (no one knows which retailers and how many each retailer will get).
Second shipment: Is meant to cover the CFV to CFV2.0 upgrade (a limited offer which allows you to upgrade from the old CFV to the new. Conditions apply.

I assume by the third shipment, availability will be more widespread, but who knows. CFV2.0 could sell like hotcakes and be on backorder for weeks / months, or its a bust and no one likes / enjoys the CFV2.0 and you can buy one from release day.

Only time will tell.

Have they announced the upgrades are part of the second shipment? Last I saw/read, they hadn't set a time line for that, and it would make complete business sense to hold off until the early wave of new adopters are covered....

MonkeyTime,
Top Bottom