Boundless Tera

Kozzykozak

Supposedly there were supposed to talk about the upgrade program on the 12/4 stream, did anyone catch it and get any more info?

Edit: NVM found it, same estimates of February - April

Last edited:
Kozzykozak,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hey I heard back from my Smiss contact. Their product manager told me that the CFX2 bowl will be stainless steel and not aluminium. He also confirmed that the spiral heat exchanger inside the CFV and SwiftPro is stainless steel and not aluminium.

I asked for the Tera/CFV2 too and should get an answer soon.

SpudBob

They said you pay the upgrade fee and keep your old vape.
Respect! YaMon
Yes thats right. It's gonna be a while though. The release date has been pushed back to Jan and that means their second shipment won't be till after Chinese New Year. That, probably, means the upgrade will not be offered till the third go round. It may be a while.

jerseydvd

Yes thats right. It's gonna be a while though. The release date has been pushed back to Jan and that means their second shipment won't be till after Chinese New Year. That, probably, means the upgrade will not be offered till the third go round. It may be a while.
Yeah, they’re shooting for a January 10 ship date for preorders.
Well, in the mean time, pick up a CFV for $100 or less and then do the $50 upgrade and you’ve got both a CFV and a Tera for $150

jerseydvd,
Reactions: SpudBob

SpudBob

Well, in the mean time, pick up a CFV for $100 or less and then do the $50 upgrade and you’ve got both a CFV and a Tera for $150
Im pretty sure they "might" do it but originally said you had to purchase the CFV before Oct 1st ,I think. I think if one was to email eric he could/would make exception. But Randall said Oct 1st. Anyway...

Hey I heard back from my Smiss contact. Their product manager told me that the CFX2 bowl will be stainless steel and not aluminium. He also confirmed that the spiral heat exchanger inside the CFV and SwiftPro is stainless steel and not aluminium.

I asked for the Tera/CFV2 too and should get an answer soon.
That would be great to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseydvd

Im pretty sure they "might" do it but originally said you had to purchase the CFV before Oct 1st ,I think. I think if one was to email eric he could/would make exception. But Randall said Oct 1st. Anyway...

That would be great to know.
Would make more sense. Don't think they want to promote people taking advantage of them.
I've had mine a while so I'm good anyways :-)
Peace!

jerseydvd,
Reactions: SpudBob

sickmanfraud

I thought there was a date requirement and a minimum price requirement to be eligible for the $50 upgrade. I thought you needed to prove when and how much you paid.

SpudBob

I thought there was a date requirement and a minimum price requirement to be eligible for the $50 upgrade. I thought you needed to prove when and how much you paid.
Randall did say $149 and Oct 1 if I recall, but you know Bndlstech so its up to their discretion. It may depend on initial rush to order. If sales are a bit slow they may be more diplomatic. I don't think I would buy one now at some super sale- I saw em for $60 recently- and expect them to honor the $50 bump but who knows.

jerseydvd

Randall did say $149 and Oct 1 if I recall, but you know Bndlstech so its up to their discretion. It may depend on initial rush to order. If sales are a bit slow they may be more diplomatic. I don't think I would buy one now at some super sale- I saw em for $60 recently- and expect them to honor the $50 bump but who knows.
I’m having high hopes for this one. Hope it sells well because it’s fantastic! I do like those Boundless people, I want to see a win for them and us!
A bit scared to get one of the first units, but they’ll back up any changes that are needed for us I’d think.

jerseydvd,

CheebaChiefer

Ok, at the risk of being impatient, weren't the pre-order Tera's supposed to have shipped on 12/15/17? My order says "processing". I hope I haven't gotten into one of these DaVinci scenarios where they miss multiple ship dates?

CheebaChiefer,

jerseydvd

Ok, at the risk of being impatient, weren't the pre-order Tera's supposed to have shipped on 12/15/17? My order says "processing". I hope I haven't gotten into one of these DaVinci scenarios where they miss multiple ship dates?
Estimated ship is Jan 10

jerseydvd,
Reactions: Summer

b0

Cloudy...
Alright, sorry for the confusion, there was a slight misunderstanding: the CFX2 bowl will be ceramic, and today I got the confirmation that they settled on stainless steel for the CFV2 aka the Tera.

Really? Loads of people are gonna be happy about it... I wonder why they didn't go with ceramic as well or maybe even quartz

b0,
Reactions: KeroZen

callmehundo

On the live cast last week, I could have sworn the guys said that the Tera would launch with 2 colors. Black and I think they said grey. Are the preorders allowed to choose which color? Or will the colors come shortly after launch

callmehundo,

Justpassedu

Any Terra videos ? I remember seeing at least 1 in the live streams but that was awhile ago and i can't seem to find it again. Been going through the live streams and not coming up with much .

Justpassedu,

SpudBob

Alright, sorry for the confusion, there was a slight misunderstanding: the CFX2 bowl will be ceramic, and today I got the confirmation that they settled on stainless steel for the CFV2 aka the Tera.
I hope, like hell, your right however all converations that Ive had with them indicate an anodized aluminum bowl. So unless something has changed in the last week or so....

jerseydvd

I hope, like hell, your right however all converations that Ive had with them indicate an anodized aluminum bowl. So unless something has changed in the last week or so....
I agree Spud. I’f theyre waiting on the shipment being delayed at customs (which is the case as I understand) that means it’s already a final product. I wouldn’t count on any changes we haven’t already heard about.
Honestly, I don’t care either way. I’m not spooked by the AL bowl.

Top Bottom