• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless Tera

abbaba

also i've noticed the lack of airintake to let to the heater to cool down, but this problem make also the battery runs hot, i'm not an expert so i wonder if it's dangerous

jdent3

Well this is disappointing reading all these reports of offgassing. Usually I take these reports with a grain of salt as many people claim their vape offgasses and it's really just a slight smell usually from the outside of the unit. In this case watching these videos of the crazy amount of smoke coming out of some of these units I think I'll pass. I may even pass on the CFV upgrade unless Boundless fixes this issue and teardown prove it's safe.

Safety should be the number one priority when vaping, otherwise what's the point? I think I'll stock with my Omni for now- no chance of anything offgassing and no electronics.

Boden

Aspie polymath
cyevGcM.jpg

BbJbl3Z.jpg

znXXTy7.jpg

iNycBbr.jpg

fKbqFtf.jpg

Y8ay3g4.jpg

kvIyNtX.jpg

wK98toF.jpg

gGWo5Ou.jpg

hZqtjAJ.jpg

They actually used pretty good tape.

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
It appears that the multiple reports of intense off-gassing and unpleasant smells coming from first production Tera units has become an issue that needs a resolution. We are asking that if you received a unit with these issues, refrain from using the device and email Eric@bndlstech.com. We will be asking for those units to be shipped back to us and will undergo further inspection. Boundless will do our best to get a resolution going for the customers who are experiencing reports of continuous off-gassing. Please email to begin discussion on possible short-term solutions.

We will be offering a replacement to those customers once it has been determined what the root problems are and once those issues have been fixed internally. Also, we are in contact with our manufacturer to get a better understanding of what is going on. Updates will be shared as I am updated.

Boundless Technology values all our customers and our team is aware that these are indeed serious issues. I would like to sincerely apologize, as I would have liked to comment on this situation earlier. Unfortunately, we have been exhibiting at a trade show which has delayed my response. A mass email will be sent to all pre-order customers regarding this situation with the Tera units. Please email me with any questions.

kuzko

It appears that the multiple reports of intense off-gassing and unpleasant smells coming from first production Tera units has become an issue that needs a resolution. We are asking that if you received a unit with these issues, refrain from using the device and email Eric@bndlstech.com. We will be asking for those units to be shipped back to us and will undergo further inspection. Boundless will do our best to get a resolution going for the customers who are experiencing reports of continuous off-gassing. Please email to begin discussion on possible short-term solutions.

We will be offering a replacement to those customers once it has been determined what the root problems are and once those issues have been fixed internally. Also, we are in contact with our manufacturer to get a better understanding of what is going on. Updates will be shared as I am updated.

Boundless Technology values all our customers and our team is aware that these are indeed serious issues. I would like to sincerely apologize, as I would have liked to comment on this situation earlier. Unfortunately, we have been exhibiting at a trade show which has delayed my response. A mass email will be sent to all pre-order customers regarding this situation with the Tera units. Please email me with any questions.

What if we ordered through a retailer like PuffItUp? They said they would send me a replacement but will the replacement just have the same problem?Or Will they also be holding off on replacements until the issue is resolved?

kuzko,
Reactions: BigJr48

Peacer666

You are correct :razz:

Problems aside, this mod can throw down. I got stupid last night without meaning to. Works quite well as an on demand for short powerful sessions.

Did not go over 380*F (probably never will with all that tape near the heater)

I am sorry what a part of the tera is built from monkey metal?

Peacer666,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

Does this only apply to those who made their purchase from the Boundless website or even others who have made purchases from third party webites as well?

BigJr48,
Reactions: LabPong

sammuel

Does this only apply to those who made their purchase from the Boundless website or even others who have made purchases from third party webites as well?

It's funny but you might just be better off if you ordered from third party such as PIU or vaposhop and contact them - They have great customer service and took responsibility/accepted this fault even before Boundless did, and have already sent their customers return shipping labels etc.. While I ordered straight from Boundless and still waiting for a response from them :mad::doh:

Peacer666

The battery door
So I want buy me a HERBORIZER now instead of the tera...the price isn't much higher from the herborizer than the Tera if you buy a tera at vaposhop for more than 200 euros.
My swift pro hasn't enough battery capatacy so my alternate will be my portable for the next time.
Hope the Tera will be a high end device after Boundless resolved all problems.
The ALTERNATE is an great alternate again!!!

LabPong

I tell you all what.....I really want to get a good working clean Tera. Hope it works out as I will be happy with a portable electric vape then.

That said....if I didn't have a flowerpot or more importantly .....a Elev8R as a DD...I could not survive.... :cool:

BigJr48

It's funny but you might just be better off if you ordered from third party such as PIU or vaposhop and contact them - They have great customer service and took responsibility/accepted this fault even before Boundless did, and have already sent their customers return shipping labels etc.. While I ordered straight from Boundless and still waiting for a response from them :mad::doh:

I will be reaching out to PIU before the end of the week.

I just don't understand why a manufacturer doesn't do a burn-off to detect gasing before packaging which will avoid recalls and lost profits.

Thanks for the valuable reports on Tera. I have received mine yesterday and it produces the unacceptable off-gassing too. I had a high hope on this product as well so It's pretty disappointing but I wish good luck to Boundless guys to solve this problem.

Boden

Aspie polymath
Boden is the metal for the bowl stainlesssteel or aluminum from your observations? ty again for the tear down

Stainless

@Boden @Boundless Vape Technology

So if you get air through the swivel piece with the inlet on the bottom covered then you already know you've got a faulty unit?

Maybe

@Boden THX for your amazing work. I can see you've got skills.
Did you leave the tape out, was that the cause of the smell?

I replaced the tape I took off with new Kapton tape and new rock wool insulation.

There seems to be several causes of the stank.

I’ll leave it to boundless to report on what went wrong. I no longer care

Top Bottom