1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Pen Boundless Technology TERP Pen

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Summer, Mar 10, 2019.

1. cpk

cpk Brother of the Leaf

I just received and tried the Terp Pen and it is great. This will be used at my desk and save me a walk to my bar for a proper dab. Huge smooth clouds at a crazy price. Congrats Boundless on another fine product.

2. DVision44

DVision44 Well-Known Member

Wow! Eric! I thought you forgot about about me and was pleasantly surprised when I looked in my mailbox today! You rock! Thanks!

3. SmokeyTheBeard

SmokeyTheBeard Well-Known Member

I am not too much of a concentrate person but I picked up a Terp Pen about a week ago to use on some concentrate I have had laying around for a while.

The Terp Pen works really well. Good flavor. Smooth Vapor. Easy to carry. Overall a nice device at a great price.

DVision44 and dmojo23 like this.
  4. Boundless Vape Technology

Boundless Vape Technology Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the support and positive feedback with the Terp Pen. We have replacement coils available on our website retailing for $9.99 USD plus shipping. They will come in a 2-pack. Here is a photo of the packaging: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByEXudQAxHK/ and here is the link to purchase: https://bndlstech.com/product/replacement-coils-for-terp-pen/

We hope the Terp Pen is treating you all well and if there are any questions, please email me Eric@bndlstech.com or send me a DM here. Thanks again FC!

DVision44, sirwalter and Justpassedu like this.
  5. LTBOOKEM

LTBOOKEM New Member

Any plans to do a black ceramic and titanium coil?

6. sirwalter

sirwalter Well-Known Member

I'm liking mine a lot so far. Any chance you will offer quartz rod replacement coils? Pretty sure I remember hearing that was originally the plan instead of ceramic.

7. Hackerman

Hackerman User

Ordered my replacement coils. Can't wait.

While I was waiting for the coils to come in, I bought a Yocan Evolve Plus XL...... does not compare to the Terp Pen.

btka and abracadaver like this.
  8. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

Ordered a Terp Pen, waiting to try it out.

If you are in Europe / UK, here it is in stock:

https://www.vapewellness.co.uk/collections/all-vaporizers/products/terp-pen

anything to think of or anything which could possible go wrong or is it just as easy as it sounds? Right now i use a Saionara TAF or a Dynavap with Dynacoil on the go, how does the Terp Pen compare?

Have a great day!

9. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

I'm liking this Terp pen so much for just quick hits when needed and on the go that I ordered a 2nd. It's the best pen type vape I have tried that uses a coil and I am not a fan of the coils but these are smooth and nice.

Doktor Dub likes this.
  10. caseball2051

caseball2051 Well-Known Member

I've finally started to get the hang of this thing. It's really awesome for on the go.

I was inhaling too fast and found I got reclaim buildup at the bottom of the atomizer.

I slowed my draw and have since gotten much better hits and less cleaning.

I've tried live rosin and live sugar and the terp pen likes both as far as I can tell. Are there any concentrates that are better than others for this device?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Doktor Dub and Justpassedu like this.
  11. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

any tips how to get good tasting hits? I got a few nice ones, now not so good anymore - i suspekt user error...

i just inhale slowly, then hold a dabber with less than a ricecorn to the coil... any ideas?

12. Justpassedu

The 1st few hits will always taste great but since this pen has the ceramic tips soaking in your concentrate every hit, taste will start to diminish after a few of them. The best way is to do a regular cleaning or replace the coils. You can also try a burn off by inhaling with no concentrate a few times to clean out what may be left in the coils. This should help a bit . They are $5 each I believe. Inhaling slowly is perfect but will have no effect on taste , that mostly helps with not getting the coils gunked up and clogged. You are not doing anything wrong . Its just the nature of a pen that uses coils. I clean after every 2-3 grams I put through it , the taste may taper off a bit but the effects definitely do not.

Doktor Dub likes this.
  13. Austin420

Austin420 New Member

Definitely a effective wax pen for $30!! Excellent for micro dosing your concentrates. The coil tips seem to last a good amount of time.

14. Rasputin

Rasputin A.K.A. Bobcat/Heyoka in some circles

PPN, Zangano Cruel, LTBOOKEM and 3 others like this.
  15. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

LTBOOKEM, Summer and Rasputin like this.
  16. sirwalter

Rasputin likes this.
  17. Edgedamage

Edgedamage Well-Known Member

I was so close to getting one. But my inner voice said "you have a all stainless steel rda with stainless steel mesh with a air path that only contacts stainless steel and rosin why buy this". The rda and roll of mesh was under $12.

sirwalter and Rasputin like this.
  18. ohmygodimsohigh

ohmygodimsohigh Well-Known Member

Yeah, so far its the only known case.
    I compared my own to the defective one posted on reddit, the one on reddit appears to be more than just burnt.

The coil with the burnt insulator is also bent downwards and not parallel with the other coil.
    Were they installed like that? Damaged during use?

There is not enough information to support the chicken little panic

DVision44, AJS and Summer like this.
  19. sirwalter

I compared it to mine and I can see the insulator is right below the coil. It is easy for me to picture how it could fail.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  20. oddjobold

oddjobold 510 Vaporist

I was trying to decide between a terp pen and a sai.

I got the sai.

Glad i did now!

21. Justpassedu

This has not happened with my Terp Pen , no issues and on 1 coil I am 3 cleanings in so far and still using it , not saying it can't happen but I am sure boundless will look into it.

Summer likes this.
  22. Rasputin

Rasputin A.K.A. Bobcat/Heyoka in some circles

I don't see anyone in this thread saying 'The sky is falling.'

Given the companies history with the Tera issue, I find a prudent concern reasonable and at an owner's or potential owner's discretion while awaiting further data.

sirwalter and Zangano Cruel like this.
  23. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

Just checked them out at PIU where they had them listed as back in stock on the home page. When you try to put either color in your cart, it states that they are out of stock. Either they just sold out again or maybe they have been pulled from the shelves. Just speculating. I was about to buy one. I'll wait now.

Summer likes this.
  24. ohmygodimsohigh

ohmygodimsohigh Well-Known Member

Yeah this thread has been great. I definitely see the value of reasonable concern and I am all for it.
    I have initiated private emails with Boundless for my own investigation.
    The falling sky was referring to the hate parade on reddit.

I'm all for concerns when they're expressed as concerns. It's easy for these things to blow out of proportion, especially when there's already a mob of boundless haters ready to pile on the comments.

Right now we have 1 failed coil with very little understanding or explanation.
    We need more information before we start telling people to stop vaccinating their kids.

Baron23, LabPong, antispleen and 5 others like this.
  25. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

not really the same things to compare... maybe you are true but the fact is the insulator to be too close of the coil all in all, others already noticed it:
    The issue is to find the same mistakes after +5 years of this tek, although I confident Boundless will fix that but it might appear some guys inhaled some burned plastics (me too sadly but not with this vape!).

Vapxr, sirwalter and BabyFacedFinster like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors