Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

VaporBull

I'm not particularly fond of blunts, and I love my CFX. Really, IMO there's no need to crank the temp up on it, and it's not harsh at all if you don't. I start at 365F, and turn it down to 350 after it begins producing vapor. I've found that this produces plenty of vapor, doesn't seem hot, and better preserves the flavor.

Of course, that's how I'm using it currently. Next week I might say something entirely different. But I still won't like blunts.

EDIT: I should mention that I keep my weed at 62% humidity with Boveda packs. I'm editing this because I just vaped some weed that a friend gave me; it's much drier, and it provided good vapor at 350F, without starting at 365. Home-grown Mount Hood Magic.....good stuff.

Yeah even though I prefer a vape with temp adjustment I didn't get the CFX for stealth reasons. I'm not a cloud chaser either. Light to moderate vapor is all I need. I want taste and potency. I do know more than a few folks who like the CF and CFX because they can really get close to burning. I think that's counter to the point of vaping because hot vapor just not necessary.

VaporBull,

Heat

Got my CFX today. First impression is not bad. Not the flavor I am used to and much more restrictive airpath but still able to get some good hits. Will be checking it out thoroughly soon when my daily driver is getting swapped out.

For the guy asking about where to buy, I got mine with a WPA direct from Boundless shipped for $160.

Heat,

waxdab23

Got my CFX today. First impression is not bad. Not the flavor I am used to and much more restrictive airpath but still able to get some good hits. Will be checking it out thoroughly soon when my daily driver is getting swapped out.

For the guy asking about where to buy, I got mine with a WPA direct from Boundless shipped for $160.

Regarding the restricted airflow, have you tried one of the mouthpiece screen mods yet?

Heat

First thing I did when I got it, before I even turned it on was to take the screen out of the mouthpiece and press on a basket screen I use for my enano. It works better. Waiting on some arizer dome screens to try next. I think the airpath in and of itself is just so narrow it is hard to get a lot of air in it.

beefsupreme

I was wondering if there are any 'secret' button presses you can use on the CFX to temporarily turn off the screen, or turn off the haptic feedback? Besides trading it for a CF I mean ;)

Waiting on some arizer dome screens to try next. I think the airpath in and of itself is just so narrow it is hard to get a lot of air in it.

I've had the CFX for a few days and I'm surprised they don't include a bucket screen with it. It works perfectly to keep the load in the oven. I've got the Arizer Q buckets in for now, while I look for a shop that has the ELB's which looks like the best solution for now.

beefsupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I've got the Arizer Q buckets
I like the "Q" screens.
I have all the pieces that could fit, and I like the Arizer Q Bucket best.
I like it placed in oven after my load... THEN I place top on.
I rarely have to clean the metal filter assembly at all.
I have tried all configurations.
The screen in place of metal filter did open the draw, as well as collect sublimate material,
but this also dirtied up the inside port to the mouthpiece, and added to more complex cleaning procedure..
I put metal filter back, and continued with it being protected by the "Q" bucket screen.
Someone posted the bucket screen, in their opinion took herb space
The bucket screen robs only the tiniest fraction of any extra herb space when it is used .. the existing metal filter takes almost the same space once the top is on.

Vitolo,

flatulentz

Can the CFX's vibrating signals be turned off? The noises are disturbing others when I vape at night. I'm not above ripping the vibrator off the circuit board, but I'd rather not have to.

OK, I killed the annoying vibrator on my CFX. At one corner of the circuit board there are two thin wires (blue and red) that go from the board to the vibrator on the inside of the plastic housing. Just clip either of those wires and the CFX won't vibrate any more. Leave the other four wires alone (the wires that go to the heater and temperature sensor).

DISASSEMBLY NOTE: Rear screws are Torx T6. Bottom screws are Philips #1.

flatulentz,
Reactions: Mechero

beefsupreme

I like the "Q" screens.
I have all the pieces that could fit, and I like the Arizer Q Bucket best.
I like it placed in oven after my load... THEN I place top on.
I rarely have to clean the metal filter assembly at all.

I'm using the bucket on top of the load, fits perfectly. Are you and others taking the metal screen out of the bowl and replacing it with one of the circular screens from the Arizer Q kit? Because I got two circle screens and two buckets in the kit. I've put one of the circle screens inside the mouthpiece after screwing out the original metal filter there, should i pry up the one underneath the bowl and put the second circle filter down there?

I got mine from Planet Vape, looks like they're still in stock: http://www.planetvape.ca/vapexhale-ez-load-bowls-elb-pack-of-4.html

A little pricy but that is Canadian Dollars so if you're in America they will be quite a bit cheaper, roughly 25% last I checked.

I'm in Canada but we're about to have a mail strike, so I was looking for them in local shops in Toronto without luck yet, so I got the Arizer Q buckets to start with.

I'm really liking this vape. It's amazing what you can get for under $200. Does anywhere in Canada stock the WPA yet? I cant seem to find any shops yet. I'd love to try this beast on my bubbler.

beefsupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Are you and others taking the metal screen out of the bowl and replacing it with one of the circular screens
Not I.. as I had said...
The screen in place of metal filter did open the draw, as well as collect sublimate material,
but this also dirtied up the inside port to the mouthpiece, and added to more complex cleaning procedure..
The metal filter pairs against the mouthpiece inlet in a fashion that keeps the vapor channeled.

Vitolo,

waxdab23

No. Actually I had heard something about a Crafty mouthpiece hack. But by all means. Enlighten me

There were a few hacks mentioned in this thread. The one I've been using is the VXL ELB top cap.

Remove the stock screen and leave the metal pieces off. Replace with the ELB top cap. It fits right onto the mouthpiece (you can press the edges down with a dab tool to get it nice and snug).

Better airflow than the stock screen while maintaining simplicity since the elb cap stays on the mouthpiece.

I think earlier today or yesterday they were discussing using Arizer Q screens in this thread.

beefsupreme

I thought I'd add in a few images of using the Arizer Q bucket kit with the CFX. They work like a charm. I'm planning on getting the ELB kit next for easy capsule swaps on the go.

In this mod, which I first read about here (thanks!), I removed the included mouthpiece filter and replaced it with the Arizer screen. As you can see in just a few days of use it's becoming a honey magnet. I can see this being a nice treat to vape in a week or so. The buildup you see is after just 5 loads.

Arizer bucket in place, keeping everything nicely in the chamber :

3WTyMAV.jpg

Arizer screen inside mouthpiece (showing the honey dab magnet) :

QMzp1oL.jpg

Assembled mouthpiece:
TKn4o18.jpg

post-session, showing the Arizer bucket screen and the vaped load in the CFX:

agpnXXn.jpg

Looking forward to experimenting and finding more ways to make this kickass vaporizer even better.

YungLeaner

Hey guys, just figured I would pop in and give an account of my customer service / warranty experience. Many vaporizer companies are small start-ups that struggle to provide consistently good customer service or quick communication regarding issues with their products. Even the vaporizer companies that do provide good customer service tend to provide it in a sort of "mom and pop," small business way, with a personal connection and understanding that is meant to stand in for corporate efficiency.

Boundless provides Starbucks/Amazon level customer service, and I love it. The customer is truly treated as a valuable commodity that must be kept happy, and the guys are just plain nice on top of all that.

The power button on my Boundless broke (it was permanently "clicked" / recessed, even though it could still be turned on with effort), and although I was worried that the issue wouldn't be covered under warranty due to wear and tear considerations, it was dealt with immediately. I had a free shipping label from fedex via email about an hour after I notified them of the defect. They sent out a replacement so fast that they must have done it before mine showed up to Boundless HQ!

The current Boundless model has different, more accurate packaging (no more claims of convection), an updated screen at the bottom of the mouthpiece with 3x more intake holes--and the new screen makes a HUGE difference in airflow. As anyone who owns a CFX knows, airflow is crucial to both flavor, cloud size and efficiency with the Boundless. I look forward to their next model and applaud their current one for providing a mid-range price, high-end functioning partial convection vaporizer to a vastly expanding market.
I think CA is gonna go legal this year and I think the CFX kills the Pax models in terms of...pretty much everything.

YungLeaner

Just wanted to say I started a Boundless Vapes sub on Reddit today. R/BoundlessVapes. Not trying to steal the conversation from this thread, but it's getting pretty massive so specific questions might be easier to do over there.
Awesome, will contribute a few posts and comments whenever I log on.

YungLeaner,

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey guys, just figured I would pop in and give an account of my customer service / warranty experience. Many vaporizer companies are small start-ups that struggle to provide consistently good customer service or quick communication regarding issues with their products. Even the vaporizer companies that do provide good customer service tend to provide it in a sort of "mom and pop," small business way, with a personal connection and understanding that is meant to stand in for corporate efficiency.

Boundless provides Starbucks/Amazon level customer service, and I love it. The customer is truly treated as a valuable commodity that must be kept happy, and the guys are just plain nice on top of all that.

The power button on my Boundless broke (it was permanently "clicked" / recessed, even though it could still be turned on with effort), and although I was worried that the issue wouldn't be covered under warranty due to wear and tear considerations, it was dealt with immediately. I had a free shipping label from fedex via email about an hour after I notified them of the defect. They sent out a replacement so fast that they must have done it before mine showed up to Boundless HQ!

The current Boundless model has different, more accurate packaging (no more claims of convection), an updated screen at the bottom of the mouthpiece with 3x more intake holes--and the new screen makes a HUGE difference in airflow. As anyone who owns a CFX knows, airflow is crucial to both flavor, cloud size and efficiency with the Boundless. I look forward to their next model and applaud their current one for providing a mid-range price, high-end functioning partial convection vaporizer to a vastly expanding market.
I think CA is gonna go legal this year and I think the CFX kills the Pax models in terms of...pretty much everything.

They updated the CFX? Or are you talking about the cf?

Andrew26,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
So I have been using this guy a lot the last little while, I Have had the CF

I am averaging around 6-8 sessions (till the unit times out) and it seems to charge faster like 2-2.5 hrs?
Never gotten 10 sessions out of a charge yet.
I swear I read it is supposed to take 4 hours to charge??

Vapor quality is not so great for me. I do have very sensitive lungs. Taste is a little funny to me as well. I am coming from The Mighty and Air though so it's tough competition!

Heat up time is the best thing and your older vapes will seem to take forever after using this little guy

Getting the bucket screen out can be annoying as it tends to stick quite good if any oil has accumulated

For the price it is a great vape but I might be retiring this guy and going back to the Air

The vapor journey continues...

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... once in a while when i turn on my CFX i get an error msg that says "BREAK"
if i hold the power button for 5sec it will startup.

... anyone else experience this and/or know the cause?

just_the_flu,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

I am averaging around 6-8 sessions (till the unit times out) and it seems to charge faster like 2-2.5 hrs?

Vapor quality is not so great for me. I do have very sensitive lungs. Taste is a little funny to me as well.

Getting the bucket screen out can be annoying as it tends to stick quite good if any oil has accumulated.

... once in a while when i turn on my CFX i get an error msg that says "BREAK"
if i hold the power button for 5sec it will startup.

... anyone else experience this and/or know the cause?

@whatitdew That's pretty much my experience with charging as well. I think the 4 hours may have been just for the initial charge. Also, the battery meter is a little sporadic - for instance while the unit is heating, it might show 1 bar, but then once settled in shows 2 bars.

What temp are you running and are you using the WPA?

Do you have access to ELB top caps? I like using them in the CFX because you don't have to worry about removing between sessions as it stays attached to the mouthpiece.

@just_the_flu Yes, that happened to me once a couple months ago in the first few days of having my unit. Never happened again and I have no idea what caused it lol.

waxdab23,

kraz

Anyone interested in the glassware shown on pg. 62 can find it on DHgate by searching "Bent Neck Stemline", I couldn't find anything under phoenix glass ;)

Nice little thread, trying to organise to get hold of one of these vapes in Aus with spares is a PITA. Looking forward to trying it when I eventually get it organised, should be quite the upgrade from my Titan 2!

kraz,
Reactions: waxdab23

VaporBull

So I have been using this guy a lot the last little while, I Have had the CF

Vapor quality is not so great for me. I do have very sensitive lungs. Taste is a little funny to me as well. I am coming from The Mighty and Air though so it's tough competition!

Heat up time is the best thing and your older vapes will seem to take forever after using this little guy

Getting the bucket screen out can be annoying as it tends to stick quite good if any oil has accumulated

For the price it is a great vape but I might be retiring this guy and going back to the Air

The vapor journey continues...

You know I LIKE the vape ( CF ) but the vapor is harsh. Mine does seems to need 4-5 hours to charge. I'll see if that has changed over time now that you mention it. I think the vapor is potent but It makes me cough. I suspect that is the mouthpiece.

VaporBull,

Eatrocks

@whatitdew That's pretty much my experience with charging as well. I think the 4 hours may have been just for the initial charge. Also, the battery meter is a little sporadic - for instance while the unit is heating, it might show 1 bar, but then once settled in shows 2 bars.

What temp are you running and are you using the WPA?

Do you have access to ELB top caps? I like using them in the CFX because you don't have to worry about removing between sessions as it stays attached to the mouthpiece.

@just_the_flu Yes, that happened to me once a couple months ago in the first few days of having my unit. Never happened again and I have no idea what caused it lol.

The battery meter pulses every several seconds...its weird.

Eatrocks,
Top Bottom