Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

waxdab23

Yes.
I have immersed all mouthpiece components in 91% Iso safely.
I have NOT soaked any parts other than the metal filter pieces.

I'm not sure I follow. You immerse all components or you immerse only the metal filter pieces?

I left my CFX in my car after a session today and, due to the hot weather, when came back to the car I found reclaim gushing out of the mouthpiece tip. So I just want to be sure the plastic? components do ok with ISO.

waxdab23,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm not sure I follow. You immerse all components or you immerse only the metal filter pieces?
Yes.
I have immersed all mouthpiece components in 91% Iso safely.
I have NOT soaked any parts other than the metal filter pieces.
I put all mouthpiece pieces in alcohol... (dipped into the liquid completely.)
I only SOAK the metal pieces (left soaking in the liquid.. not only immersed and removed)

Vitolo,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

Chamber should not need cleaning... only the top portion.
It comes apart (the silver "filter" unscrews)
See instructions to disassemble the top/mouthpiece for cleaning at http://manualzz.com/doc/7375106/cfx-user-manual---boundless-vape-technology

Curious why you say the chamber should not need cleaning? Mine looks pretty caked...

zqfMCYk.jpg

Admittedly, I like doing concentrate sandwiched in flower directly in the CFX chamber. Do you guys that only do straight flower in there not have this build up?

I actually just swabbed it with 99% ISO and it didn't clean it at all. Any ideas?

waxdab23,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I only use CFX for Flower.
The discoloration may not be dirty... but rather simply stained.
I am not there so can not see if there is a build-up or stain.
Stains and discolorations would not bother me if the function was still good.
If that discoloration bothers you, try 91% Iso on a q tip.
Turn unit upside down so there is no chance of getting Iso past the screen.
Rub very firmly.
In the worst case scenario you can resort to Iso with a steel wool q- tip
Again do it with unit upside down.

waxdab23

Ya, I think it is indeed a stain, not buildup and likely from what @stickstones mentioned because I have definitely left a spent bowl in there overnight on a few occasions.

Flavor is still definitely there so I'll probably leave it alone for now. Thanks for all the tips @Vitolo .

waxdab23,
Reactions: Vitolo

sickmanfraud

How do you use a magic eraser on the inside of the chamber? Do you rip off a piece then scrub inside with the dab tool?

yes, but I would use something plastic (disposable cutlery ?) so if the eraser and dab tool get separated the oven does not get a scratch from the dab tool.

sickmanfraud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ya, I think it is indeed a stain, not buildup and likely from what @stickstones mentioned because I have definitely left a spent bowl in there overnight on a few occasions.

Flavor is still definitely there so I'll probably leave it alone for now. Thanks for all the tips @Vitolo .

I haven't noticed any difference in performance. I think it would take a significant amount of neglect (which I have seen before!) to effect performance. That and the concentrate use without the pod...

stickstones,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Mine is stained waaaaay worse than that. Seems to work great still. Did clean mouthpiece assembly other day and that improved the slight bit of decrease in performance.

HellsWindStaff,

Heat

Just want to drop some props to the folks at Boundless for a great deal on a CFX! Ordered it and a WPA this morning and it is already processing for shipment. Used the FC discount on the Boundless site and got 20 bucks off and a free WPA. Can't wait to try it out.

On a side note can anyone recommend the cheapest and quickest way to acquire the dome screens for use rather than the stock mouthpiece screen? Thanks!

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Received my CF yesterday afternoon

Swapped out the mouthpiece screen and the actual mouthpiece stem to the Mighty's
Also using the arizer bucket screen on top of oven.

Using the wax pod open with dry herbs works pretty damn good. Might just buy a few more instead of getting the ELBs, unless the ELBs are that much better??

So far I don't like the draw resistance but it is bearable. I might try to remove the bottom oven screen/intake to improve it. I was hoping it would be more open like the mighty. Mouthpiece can get hot as its not really a cooling unit like the crafty/Mightys are.

For the price this little thing is wicked though I must admit.

whatitdew,

Cordell507

Received my CF yesterday afternoon

Swapped out the mouthpiece screen and the actual mouthpiece stem to the Mighty's
Also using the arizer bucket screen on top of oven.

Using the wax pod open with dry herbs works pretty damn good. Might just buy a few more instead of getting the ELBs, unless the ELBs are that much better??

So far I don't like the draw resistance but it is bearable. I might try to remove the bottom oven screen/intake to improve it. I was hoping it would be more open like the mighty. Mouthpiece can get hot as its not really a cooling unit like the crafty/Mightys are.

For the price this little thing is wicked though I must admit.
I never got good draw using the canister.

Cordell507,

pandaphysics

I haven't noticed any difference in performance. I think it would take a significant amount of neglect (which I have seen before!) to effect performance. That and the concentrate use without the pod...
I can actually taste it. So I am an example of extreme neglect.... I was at the point where I could taste this strong resiny taste at the end of all my bowls (only once the bowls taste had died down). Then one night I was so baked I turned it on and started puffing away and I was getting that taste from the begining, but still decent clouds. I open it up turns out nothing was in there, it was just vaping that wall resin lol. It was totally giving me a little taste at the end of bowls and I actually like it pretty well. To me its kinda like how i used to think the end of a joint tasted better than the first bit, cause some nice resin collected on it.

pandaphysics,

vapewithape

About to make the jump from a Magic Flight Box to a Boundless CFX

Should i purchase it from PuffItUp for $152 shipped?

Some people mentioned a newer version that is only available from Boundless direct?

What is the difference?

vapewithape,
Reactions: VaporBull

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The only change to the CFX was adding the ability to change from F to C. Otherwise it is the same unit. Those newer ones are out, but I don't know if Puffitup's stock has those in. Best to private message them for details.

stickstones,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

VaporBull

About to make the jump from a Magic Flight Box to a Boundless CFX

Should i purchase it from PuffItUp for $152 shipped?

Some people mentioned a newer version that is only available from Boundless direct?

What is the difference?

Good luck man. I used the MFLB for 5 years and I appreciated having a transition from smoking but you'll probably fall in love with the CFX. I own the CF and it's pretty good vape. The mouthpiece could have been better material wise but it's a good vape for folks who like smoking blunts ino. You can really "rip" and get clouds although I'm not a cloud chaser myself. But the ease of use and on demand vaping from the MFLB will be a serious leap.

VaporBull,

RelaxedNow

Good luck man. I used the MFLB for 5 years and I appreciated having a transition from smoking but you'll probably fall in love with the CFX. I own the CF and it's pretty good vape. The mouthpiece could have been better material wise but it's a good vape for folks who like smoking blunts ino. You can really "rip" and get clouds although I'm not a cloud chaser myself. But the ease of use and on demand vaping from the MFLB will be a serious leap.

I'm not particularly fond of blunts, and I love my CFX. Really, IMO there's no need to crank the temp up on it, and it's not harsh at all if you don't. I start at 365F, and turn it down to 350 after it begins producing vapor. I've found that this produces plenty of vapor, doesn't seem hot, and better preserves the flavor.

Of course, that's how I'm using it currently. Next week I might say something entirely different. But I still won't like blunts.

EDIT: I should mention that I keep my weed at 62% humidity with Boveda packs. I'm editing this because I just vaped some weed that a friend gave me; it's much drier, and it provided good vapor at 350F, without starting at 365. Home-grown Mount Hood Magic.....good stuff.

Last edited:

beefsupreme

I left my CFX in my car after a session today and, due to the hot weather, when came back to the car I found reclaim gushing out of the mouthpiece tip. So I just want to be sure the plastic? components do ok with ISO.

I was watching the video review of Sneaky Pete's and he shows cleaning all the plastic mouthpiece components with ISO at 9:30 in this video

beefsupreme,
Top Bottom