• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Justpassedu

I'm trying to find reasons NOT to buy a CF and CFX as crafty and mighty replacements... other than the lack of cooling units, what are some negatives that i'm missing? (if there even are any?)
It doesn't seem there are many negatives , I can only say size imo, but I can say the same about the mighty. The demo was good , it looks solid and I hope the company succeeds , I ordered one to try , love the super quick heat up time and that they are standing behind it warranty wise and did that demo.

hackslasher

The only really down side for me is it being more like a flowermate draw but they definitely showed doesnt effect how much are getting. Hoping with the bigger chamber doesn't really clog up while hitting like the flowermate can

hackslasher,
Reactions: vaporlee

Vambo1980

What we've found: Never judge a man by his watch! They all seem like a great honest bunch who just want to create a good product range.
Bravo! Refreshing to see an open approach to business like this!!

The CFX has two 18650 in series, innovative use of a circular ceramic heater (I know you can buy 7.4v heaters like this) looks a good bit of kit and I'll post my thoughts once it lands.

Mr. Me2

The the video isn't up. So what's the difference between the cf and cfx (did I get that right)?

Mr. Me2,

Pears

The stream was fantastic, showed off the devices well and they made sure to answer all questions. Convinced me to order a CFX right away, excited to see how it performs for myself, might cause me to sell my Mighty :). Looking forward to see what everyone who ordered thinks when theirs arrive

SiDankies

I want to order one. But I have a couple questions. Id like to see the internals! What kind of heating element is it and how does it heat up so fast.

Also how many sessions should one expect on the CF?

Vambo1980

I want to order one. But I have a couple questions. Id like to see the internals! What kind of heating element is it and how does it heat up so fast.

Also how many sessions should one expect on the CF?

It's a ceramic type tubular heater like these:
http://m.alibaba.com/product/603758...ow.html?spm=a2706.7843299.1998817009.5.yRgbNZ

It heats up so fast because unlike the mighty/crafty it is not heating up a lump of aluminium, just the air that you draw through it.

I'm guessing it's got a around 30w of power but they going to ask their engineering dept about its power output.

They count a session as 6mins and they say you can get 15 sessions on the CFX not sure about CF probably about half as many as it only has single 18650 cell

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Does the cfx have replaceable 18650s? the website says it doesn't but I feel like that live demo showed they were replaceable. I might have been looking at the hybrid though. Does anyone know?

srama21,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Somebody here already tried it? ....I think not. It is a bit prematured to say the only negative is the size without testing the vapor it produces. is it good?.....we shall see soon...

Stickstones seems to obtains a review unit...except him nobodyelse here. Is it a good or bad sign...I can't say, but imo I can't see how this unit could perform as claimed being cheaper than most conduction/hybrid vapes in the market...

Although it could be nice if it's true!

ernestryles

but imo I can't see how this unit could perform as claimed being cheaper than most conduction/hybrid vapes in the market...

The Grasshopper performs similarly, and is similarly priced, so I completely believe the CF/CFX could perform as claimed.

ernestryles,

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
IMO, the herb chamber is like all the ceramic conduction vapes FM,IMAG,XMAX. Just one rendering video shows how the vape really works (5 clicks turn on, heating up in 30-50 sec, turns off automatically) In fact these are base features, but with those lower entry units with ceramic heating oven. Every new vape company is proud about their heating sources, but boundless is like :"look we have convection heating, next fact... WOOOW LOOK AT THE DISPLAY, LOOK WE HAVE HYBRIDS WITHS EJUICE TANKS" for me its look like a fool of convection and the device its like a knockoff from the flowermate pro and the flowermate hybrid. just in a different housing.. anyone else have the same thought?

*even the new tanks (know from FM and XMAX) are included..

Last edited:

biohacker

They count a session as 6mins and they say you can get 15 sessions on the CFX not sure about CF probably about half as many as it only has single 18650 cell

In the live stream they said that the CF has the same battery life as the CFX! This is something I just cannot fathom, and they weren't exactly clear about battery life. They kind of just pranced around it illustrating their own usage habits, which is useless information for the real world. I can, as well as the majority I would say based on the respective threads, that the Mighty lasts (give or take) SIX bowls of approximately 1/4g bowl, and the Crafty lasts 1/2 of that, which makes complete sense based on the battery cells.

I do love that the charge time with DC is only 1/2 hour! But still uncertain of runtimes, where the CF concerns me the most.

The Grasshopper performs similarly, and is similarly priced, so I completely believe the CF/CFX could perform as claimed.

As a former owner of two GH's, i'd have to disagree. Now the latest is that they perform differently based on how tight the backend screws on to the body? Not sure, but I bailed on that vaporizer and that thread due to TWO DOA units. Just the bowl size alone is different enough.

I'm wondering just how harsh this convection vape is..... pretty sure I didn't see a single hit without coughing, and the convection nature of the technology, without a proper cooling unit could result in irritating hits, although many vapes have this problem.

Stickstones seems to obtains a review unit...except him nobodyelse here. Is it a good or bad sign...I can't say

Then you obviously haven't read the thread. Smokey has one on the way, just like Sticks, as do several other members here.

@elastic.plastic You just made me pass on this unit with your post, until at least I read some member's reviews!

elastic.plastic

Another fact: Why they ship a manual with informations about the warranty, battery life and kind of these things, but tell to all youtube viewer, who has seen the live-cast. The manual is wrong, the battery has this or that limit and the warranty contains a new battery within the 1 year lim. warranty besides the 90 days called up in the manual... Users can´t stand with the correct information.. company is unprofessional and gives misinformation about their products.. I think they are rebranded knockoffs..

biohacker

Perhaps they simply made some changes after the manual was printed? Or just an oversight like the temp conversation error I posted about? Surely they didn't have to offer any warranty on their battery, just like many manufacturers do (battery is a consumable item and not covered). That was me who asked that question on the live stream, and the only reason I asked was because my questions were either ignored or buried.

I disagree that the company is unprofessional, in fact far from..... who else has put themselves out there so transparently? They were put on the spot, and answered most if not all of the questions, and IMO looked like a great bunch of friendly dudes, that just want to share their baby with the world.

Here is a quote from my post not to far above:

Also the website states that there is a one year warranty on the unit AND the battery, yet the manual says that the battery is only warrantied for 90 days. Which is it?

elastic.plastic

right, nobody gives information like they did. Spread them over all these social channels, but their homepage is crap in point of product information, information about the company and some support information, FAQ or manuals. Its just a shop where you can buy those things. They should do a nice homepage instead of "livecast a vape session" without real information about these things. 1 hour of resampling the weed and clicking 5 times , take 4-5 draws.. and again.

They are friendly dudes (nothing agains them personally), but they are dudes from flowermate (US) i guess ;-), thats why they sell us a "new" flowermate-style device. i really think and maybe some reviewers can tell you the scam of "convection heating". Disappointing for a customers

elastic.plastic,
Reactions: nondarb

biohacker

They should do a nice homepage instead of "livecast a vape session" without real information about these things. 1 hour of resampling the weed and clicking 5 times , take 4-5 draws.. and again.

Why do you think they said to be patient while their website is down? They said they are revamping their website.

i really think and maybe some reviewers can tell you the scam of "convection heating". Disappointing for a customers

Convection heating is a "scam"? :rofl:

biohacker

I think you meant lack of conduction doesn't make these better than the crafty? I actually really hope there is a respectable amount of conduction, since 100% pure convection vapes irritate the fuck out of my airways (EVO, Vriptech, Minivap, etc).

I am hoping for some feedback from those that pulled the trigger that are mighty and crafty owners. I understand that this vape is affordable (especially the CF), but money means nothing to me - but quality means alot.... if these are better than the S&B products, I have no problem converting! If not, i'll move on.

elastic.plastic

It will be 100% conduction for sure with these "new convection style" airpath/heating..

elastic.plastic,

Mr. Me2

I think you meant lack of conduction doesn't make these better than the crafty? I actually really hope there is a respectable amount of conduction, since 100% pure convection vapes irritate the fuck out of my airways (EVO, Vriptech, Minivap, etc).

I am hoping for some feedback from those that pulled the trigger that are mighty and crafty owners. I understand that this vape is affordable (especially the CF), but money means nothing to me - but quality means alot.... if these are better than the S&B products, I have no problem converting! If not, i'll move on.
Since money means nothing to you, I'm available for adoption...

biohacker

It will be 100% conduction for sure with these "new convection style" airpath/heating..

I think you need to do some 411 on conduction vs convection. This is a CONVECTION vaporizer. Furthermore, since you seem to be hating so much on this product that many of us are excited about anticipating, why even bother sticking around this thread? Instead of bashing it?

Top Bottom