Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Eatrocks

Until

Until you own or try a unit your arguments re:conduction are difficult to either defend or disagree with. Yes, this vape is mostly conductive. NO, it does not perform like conduction vapes and clearly has elements of convection. This isn't a debate any more because we are all happy with our devices and opinions. Can we talk about something else?

Tell em Steve Dave!!

The heater isn't directly connected to the chamber but close enough that it will heat the bowl up. If boundless didn't put full convection it wouldn't be an issue. For the price u cant bitch, plus it vibrates.

THIS ENDS NOW!!!!!

sickmanfraud

I'm looking at the CF (more portable, no precise temp control), not the CFX. The CFX is much better imo, but I can't decide between the base CF and the Alfa!

I can't compare the Alfa to the CFX, since I haven't pulled the plug and ordered a CFX.

However, I do have an Alfa. It is very very small. The only issue I have with it is the heat of the vapor and the top of the unit. Temp settings wise the Alfa is more comparable to the CF than the CFX.

For a few quick hits Alfa is a good choice, but I think if I used the full time allotted on either of the two special settings (Auto time and Auto puff) I would have burns on my lips.

I am most comfortable pairing with a water tool, but kind of defeats the whole stealth effect.

Randy at puffitup suggested a MFLB acrylic stem for the Alfa, but a small see through item was quickly lost.

Hope this helps.

Modnote: Edited to comply with FC rules

Last edited by a moderator:
sickmanfraud,

scottyc22

However, I do have an Alfa. It is very very small. The only issue I have with it is the heat of the vapor and the top of the unit. Temp settings wise the Alfa is more comparable to the CF than the CFX.

For a few quick hits Alfa is a good choice, but I think if I used the full time allotted on either of the two special settings (Auto time and Auto puff) I would have burns on my lips.

Is the vapor hot and harsh? Does the unit get really hot? Does the mouthpiece get uncomfortably hot?

scottyc22,

lomein07

Has anyone tried using the Flowermate Dry Herb canister or water pipe adapter on the CF/CFX?

It seems like the concentrate can is the same for the Flowermate as the CFX. If so, then the dry herb can should fit as well.

EDIT: removed photo, thanks for answers re: WPA.

Last edited:
lomein07,

YungLeaner

Has anyone tried using the Flowermate Dry Herb canister or water pipe adapter on the CF/CFX?

It seems like the concentrate can is the same for the Flowermate as the CFX. If so, then the dry herb can should fit as well.

I also thought the WPA looks very similar. I have no idea how these things work though.

zacA0SV.jpg
I think if the specs were exactly the same they'd probably be in stock already although the concept is clearly similar, unsurprising. I would wait until the official comes out or get a NoNg from Underdog Vapes, it works as well as any official one could

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The adapter part is the same, but the plate is different, as this one needs to attach to the boundless bowl instead of the FM bowls.

stickstones,
Reactions: lomein07

lomein07

Thank you guys for the great info here. I went ahead and ordered a CF from Puffitup. I also got the Arizer EQ screen set, and the Flowermate dry herb cans (I hope they fit). The VapeXhale ELB screens were sold out. I wouldn't have known to order these screens without the help of FC and /vaporents on Reddit.

Hoping the CF will still run hot enough for concentrates even though it's max is 15 degrees less than the CFX!

Eatrocks

Thank you guys for the great info here. I went ahead and ordered a CF from Puffitup. I also got the Arizer EQ screen set, and the Flowermate dry herb cans (I hope they fit). The VapeXhale ELB screens were sold out. I wouldn't have known to order these screens without the help of FC and /vaporents on Reddit.

Hoping the CF will still run hot enough for concentrates even though it's max is 15 degrees less than the CFX!

IT should run hot enough, when I take a draw on the cfx the temp goes up 10 -15 degrees cause you are drawing hot air in the chamber.

I'd take out most of the cotton in the boundless canister unless your vaping liquid drops.

Changing the mouthpiece screen is a must though.

Did boundless ever update the CF to show battery level?

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I totally dig how all my other vape accessories can work with this........Apparently you can use Underdog NonG's, the SS end fits right into the top of the Boundless? Least that's what I gathered, haven't seen or used one yet so I'm not sure.

And the fact you can throw ELB's in! I dig it! I have plenty of NonG's and ELBs!

YungLeaner

I totally dig how all my other vape accessories can work with this........Apparently you can use Underdog NonG's, the SS end fits right into the top of the Boundless? Least that's what I gathered, haven't seen or used one yet so I'm not sure.

And the fact you can throw ELB's in! I dig it! I have plenty of NonG's and ELBs!
Look in my post history and you can see me taking a huge bubbler hit with a nylon stem. @Likes2vape as well, although he used a real NoNg. ELBs can definitely be thrown in but they aren't quite ideal because they need a slight kink to fit and I already feel like Oppenheimer: "I am become death, destroyer of ELBs..." The flavor boost is huge, though, and then the bowl never needs cleaning. Definitely worth it if you have the parts. Look forward to seeing your thoughts which I nearly always admire and agree with.

matoduri

Hi.

once the CF Hybrid is out, will it be possible to order the ejuice adapter and connect it to a regular CF?

And has anybody tried the CF(X) with Flowermate Dry Herb Pots?

matoduri,

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Look in my post history and you can see me taking a huge bubbler hit with a nylon stem. @Likes2vape as well, although he used a real NoNg. ELBs can definitely be thrown in but they aren't quite ideal because they need a slight kink to fit and I already feel like Oppenheimer: "I am become death, destroyer of ELBs..." The flavor boost is huge, though, and then the bowl never needs cleaning. Definitely worth it if you have the parts. Look forward to seeing your thoughts which I nearly always admire and agree with.
Where's can I purchase the elb's for my boundless cfx?

Andrew26,

Justpassedu

Hi.

once the CF Hybrid is out, will it be possible to order the ejuice adapter and connect it to a regular CF?

I believe the cf hybrid runs a e juice tank on 1 end and the other end is basically the same as a cf or cfx with a herb chamber/heater. So no you cannot connect a ejuice chamber to the cf or cfx hence why they developed the hybrid so you can use both.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: DocGonzo

justcametomind

EDIT: removed photo, thanks for answers re: WPA.
I have both, CF's canisters are way bigger unfortunately. Same shape but bigger.

justcametomind,

VaporSipper

The FlowerMate pods will definitely fit in the CF/CFX, but they are a little smaller than the Oil/Wax pod that comes with the Boundless vapes. I use them myself with the CFX and the only downsides are that it rattles a little in the chamber and can't hold as much material.

There are currently two sizes of these FlowerMate type pods in the market. The "medium" size that fit the FM vapes perfectly, and a "large" size, like the one that ships from Boundless. Unfortunately, though, the large dry herb pods apparently haven't been manufactured yet and I have yet to see any in the flesh.

VaporSipper,

Eatrocks

You pack a bowl in the elb screen then twist it to fit down in the CF? But why

Eatrocks,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

Should be here Friday :D

HellsWindStaff,

subway13029

Just pack dry herb in the concentrate pod that comes with the cf or CFx..it's a better fit then the fm pods..the fm pods will work but they don't hold much and you gotta crank the heat up..but they can be used..

subway13029,

Peacockfur

now: Enano OG, solo 2 previously: Lots!
what happened to the water tool? waiting to order to til i see wassup with that

Peacockfur,
Top Bottom