Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
nice... as they say it should work like the mivape but it is a flowermate with a more powerfull heating chamber i guess.. @Boundless Vape Technology show us your technology as other vape companies do..

one of the best example of a good presentation
http://vaporfection.com/technology/
miVape is not full convection and also claims all glass when they have a half glass half plastic mouthpiece. You can see more of my thoughts on that one in the miVape thread.

I do agree, much of their inspiration seems to have come from the miVape, Mighty, and Flowermate Pro and just ended up with a glorifed Flowermate ProV5 from what I see.

Justpassedu

Correct Elastic.
If anything this makes a great oil wax device... the power of the heater is up there and even more powerful than most desktops!!

The charging through USB, i monitored its current usage and it pulls a full 2A from USB 5V although it does fluctuate down to 1A near end of charge.
Awesome , ty for all this testing. 80w heater is very powerful , i think crafty and mighty are somewhere around 30 watt's , don't quote me on that. I am even more excited to get mine now. As for draw resistance , what would it be comparable to ? Is it almost free flowing ?

Justpassedu,

Vambo1980

Awesome , ty for all this testing. 80w heater is very powerful , i think crafty and mighty are somewhere around 30 watt's , don't quote me on that. I am even more excited to get mine now. As for draw resistance , what would it be comparable to ? Is it almost free flowing ?

Crafty has a 26W heater here let me prove it... Look closely...

Draw resistance is pretty high.. half the resistance again of the crafy at least!

U96WkTe.jpg

radiant34

But it's not anything like the pax arizer air. I would say it be a quarter of a difference from the mighty. This vape kicks ass it has a bigger chamber than the mighty and goes up to 430. And the taste isn't even bad when it goes to high temperatures like that

Draw resistance is pretty high.. half the resistance again of the crafy at least!

U96WkTe.jpg

radiant34

Anyone that has a unit, do you still or did you see fumes when the unit is up to 430f? I want to try it but I still see fumes. Or maybe those fumes are new technology from boundless that gets the user higher then they would with just dry herb?
I don't see fumes at 430 but let me try again

There does seem to be fumes at 430

Turned it off and tried again now there no vapor trails Couldve beenresidual pot oils/abv before. But keep an eye out smoky

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I don't see fumes at 430 but let me try again

There does seem to be fumes at 430

Turned it off and tried again now there no vapor trails Couldve beenresidual pot oils/abv before. But keep an eye out smoky
Most likely is some oils from manufacturing , they sometimes get on the heater or even come from peoples hands when putting them together. Glad your's has stopped giving off fumes. Its always good to do a few burn offs before using a new vape.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Thcgos

radiant34

Most likely is some oils from manufacturing , they sometimes get on the heater or even come from peoples hands when putting them together. Glad your's has stopped giving off fumes. Its always good to do a few burn offs before using a new vape.
i did a good burnoff with vacuum yesterday but it seems like there were still some oils earlier before, i need to check again once i come home.

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
@elastic.plastic - I think you might have missed this earlier in the thread...best vape video I've ever seen.

yeah yeah... but those renderings have nothing to do with the actual vape.. even if you look very close, this device that they advertise can't be build as a flower vaporizer. they mixed up with item that don't even exist in this vape, look at the airflow and what @Vambo1980 said about the restriction and the tube from the bottom.. read well and youll be informed about this conduction style vape.. boundless has spoken to some users and they regret the marketing said full convection and so on.. read reddit pls..

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/44yyt4/cfx_vaporizer_first_impressionscrafty_photo/

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I was sent these for review and I have no skin in the game whatsoever.

Well, they know how to market stuff!

http://i.imgur.com/tNU5BxP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dfghD80.jpg

What's in the boxes

http://i.imgur.com/B7ZjtQf.jpg

"Cooling Unit"

http://i.imgur.com/0i4DCSv.jpg

I don't see how that is going to cool anything. They botched the copy of S&B on that one. The mouthpiece and the inlet are on the same end! And the baffles don't allow air flow. they either don't understand this piece or they are just trying to make it look similar.

The units are on the wall now and when they are fully charged I'll get some burn off videos up, as well as some 'is it conduction' vids up. After we've beat them up on the marketing I will assess their merits as vaporizers in spite of the poor advertising.

Last edited:

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Firstly we here at Boundless Vapes would like to thank all of the community of FC. Over the past few days we've had the pleasure of hearing back from some of you who have had the chance to test the products. We appreciate all the feedback!

For the great number of you who specifically emailed in for their support of us we sincerely thank you!

To the handful of people who choose to address concerns in their own way, we appreciate your concerns as well!

To address the latest concern from one user.
The Materials shown in the 3d explosion video are in fact the build of the vape. Ignoring all the small black parts that make up the screws and casing in the video you will see a very easy to understand build. Starting with the stainless steel tube that runs directly from the vent at the bottom into the spiraled air path in which the ceramic heater is covering. Then above that the chamber. And yes there are two tubes the inner tube you see is the chamber portion and the heating cover that goes around the spiraled air path. The larger outer tube protects the chamber and airflow from contacting the outer body. Which is then wrapped for insulation as pointed out by another FC user.

Beyond this,

We are moving forward with removing full convection as stated earlier by many users. We have made right with any purchaser who has felt wrong. And we as a company had no intentions of simply utilizing convection as a marketing tool. As stated earlier on and directly to other members, we regret the misinformation that we were lead to believe via conversations with our engineering team. In the future we will look to develop a full convection heater based on the theories and conversations passed on by users from FC.

In the mean time we intend to push forward with the CFX and CF Vape series. We have seen an overwhelming push for the product large in part due to this forum, And for that we thank you!

Our new site will be live (hopefully) in 2 days. It will feature a much easier interface for the consumer, as well as, detailed specs on each individual product for potential customers. We will continue to check the FC boards for any questions etc.. But please feel free to always contact us directly. info@bndlsvapes.com, eric@boundlessvapes.com.

"Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer." -Denis Waitley

Justpassedu

just did a new unit burn in and nothing off gassing. I will do the conduction test after a long cool down period, but I don't think we need it given the new direction marketing is headed in.
Yeah i think it was already proven that it is conduction. I'd love to hear your thoughts on vapor production and usage. Great to see there is no off gassing also.

jojo monkey

Manufacturer

U96WkTe.jpg

Huh.. it's just a cartridge heater? Judging by the wires they are taking the temp inside the heater. I use a 3" 300W cartridge heater in my vape.

So the CFX is not 100% convection. All this means is a little herb is wasted by the vape and that you can't rely on the abv color to let you know what YOU extracted. It also means it will taste like popcorn the longer you go.

jojo monkey,
Reactions: Vambo1980

radiant34

Huh.. it's just a cartridge heater? Judging by the wires they are taking the temp inside the heater. I use a 3" 300W cartridge heater in my vape.

So the CFX is not 100% convection. All this means is a little herb is wasted by the vape and that you can't rely on the abv color to let you know what YOU extracted. It also means it will taste like popcorn the longer you go.
ive had the pax and this tastes much better compared to the pax conduction. esp on high temps.

Mangos

Got some amnesia haze and English cheese to try in it tonight.

I also found zero gassing, it did smell a bit funky but nothing i wouldn't really expect from a new unit.
Me too but those are the only strains I can get in London. Did you have to pay any custom charges when you got your CFX in the post ?

Let us know how it goes with your dry herb sessions. Still interested in this unit - just want something affordable and powerful . Heard the draw restriction isn't that bad either which is always a plus, as long as its better then my air I'm happy.

radiant34

Nope. The pax 1 has a retractable mouthpiece.; the pax 2 doesn't (flat mouthpiece). The pax 2 improves on pax 1 in every way, including taste.
hmm. well its the same chamber (deeper) and same aluminum cylinder that cools off vapor. honestly the same internals just a different mouthpeice.. but you want to say its a whole new redesigned unit by all means.

@Boundless Vape Technology Hi, I just want to see what you think about this identical unit that was posted on alibaba http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...0411871993.html?spm=a2700.7724838.30.1.btyBbo

Were they able to replicate your original units that fast or am I missing something here?

dont think it was that company, its a different vape. cfx has led screen, aswell as a diff chamber.

radiant34,
Top Bottom