beefsupreme

can you post up a link in regards to the teardown and isolation of the air path along with the solder work and general construction. Hope it covers the vapor path as well.

Also, is this an American/European company who has contracted out a manufacture in China or is this a Chinese owned and operated company who is manufacturing this vape?

Here's the link for the CFX teardown: http://blog.puffitup.com/2016/08/boundless-cfx-tear-down-piece-by-piece/

The CFV has a similarly isolated airpath. There hasn't been a teardown on it yet, but you can see it in the 3D render video they published:

Boundless is a Californian company, with ties to Flowermate, who work with a Chinese manufacturer (smiss?) for producing their vapes.

Baron23

@YungLeaner, can you post up a link in regards to the teardown and isolation of the air path along with the solder work and general construction. Hope it covers the vapor path as well.
I see a CFX tear down vid on puffitup but not the CFV.

Also, my understanding is that Boundless is an American company using Smiss, the same contract design/manf as Flowermate, hence they seem to come out with almost identical vapes at about the same time.

lwien

Neat tear-down that Puff-it-Up did. Would love to see this done with other vaporizers as well. Hats off to ya Randy.

Could we get an answer from the manufacture as to the grade of the plastic that is used in the vapor path or has this already been discussed? (gotta be careful with this request as it may have to go to a thread on it's own.)

Mulehead

This device is becoming one of my favorite portables.
The flavor and temperature of vapor while dry hitting is very enjoyable.
I use a j hook with all of my devices, to increase vapor path, which for me makes using dry more enjoyable.
This device might break that pattern for me.
That is a huge plus for me as a j hook is not that travel friendly!
Anyone that finds convection devices to be too hot, dry, or harsh, might want to give a CFV a try.
The hits I get off this thing dry, tell me it will milk most bubblers too.

I'm looking forward to the new mouthpiece design, even though mine is working fine with an additional ring inside.

@Boundless Vape Technology
Unfortunately it won't have a chance of taking over the crown for top spot until I can easily swap out batteries!
This charging every chance I get fuckin blows!!

Besides that tho, this is a great little device!!!
I think the medical crowd will be drawn to this as well, it reminds me a little of my herbalizer, as the temp difference in single digits seems to make a difference.
It also seems very consistent on temperature. (Not sure about accuracy, but who cares?)
Which should give consistent results for medical users.

Bravo to Boundless, Flowermate?, and Smiss?, for an excellent first attempt at convection!
Can't wait for V-2 with, wait for it...swappable batteries!!!
:horse:
Sorry, I just can't stress this point enough to all manufacturers!!!

beefsupreme

Does convection need more battery power than say the 80w heater on the CF? I was surprised at how quickly the battery ran down on the CFV for me too. Does it have a smaller battery than their previous vapes? That being said, it does work very well and the vapor flavor is great.

YungLeaner

This device is becoming one of my favorite portables.
The flavor and temperature of vapor while dry hitting is very enjoyable.
I use a j hook with all of my devices, to increase vapor path, which for me makes using dry more enjoyable.
This device might break that pattern for me.
That is a huge plus for me as a j hook is not that travel friendly!
Anyone that finds convection devices to be too hot, dry, or harsh, might want to give a CFV a try.
The hits I get off this thing dry, tell me it will milk most bubblers too.

I'm looking forward to the new mouthpiece design, even though mine is working fine with an additional ring inside.

@Boundless Vape Technology
Unfortunately it won't have a chance of taking over the crown for top spot until I can easily swap out batteries!

Besides that tho, this is a great little device!!!
I think the medical crowd will be drawn to this as well, it reminds me a little of my herbalizer, as the temp difference in single digits seems to make a difference.
It also seems very consistent on temperature. (Not sure about accuracy, but who cares?)
Which should give consistent results for medical users.

Bravo to Boundless, Flowermate?, and Smiss?, for an excellent first attempt at convection!
Can't wait for V-2 with, wait for it...swappable batteries!!!
:horse:
Sorry, I just can't stress this point enough to all manufacturers!!!
I get the swappable battery thing but I honestly think you're underrating the mass market resistance to things that seem...well, simple to the rest of us.

For people accustomed to 18650 battery tech, this seems stupid, and I obviously get that-- it does seem ridiculous that you have to wait for a charge instead of getting to buy batteries and having infinite charge.

But the type of people that know batteries aren't necessarily the boundless niche.

I have converted 3 friends to full time vaping using the boundless, and all of them rave about ease of use--pop it into charge, pack, press button, inhale, done. I know that none of them would feel comfortable with buying the right batteries instead of the wrong batteries wrapped in the same skin as the right batteries, not to mention the issues of paired and impaired batteries.

The boundless worked where other vapes failed with my smoking friends because of its ease of use and great customer service.

Ideally boundless would make it an option to swap barteries, but I also am not surprised that they didn't make it a priority. The boundless line is meant to appeal IMO to everyone--and not everyone uses their vape for more than 1-3 bowls a day. In fact, most don't. For those people, they would never even consider wanting anything more than a cord and a wall plug.

I totally get why you want battery swapping options--I'm obsessed with vapor on demand and it's why I don't really use any battery portables anymore. I support boundless still because they're an amazing company and my friends and family need battery portables--try explaining the vapcap to someone that doesn't like the idea of weed in the first place.

I will also note that the Boundless warranty policy allows for a cheap (I think 25$) battery replacement / refurb service. Compared to the anemic standards of customer service in the MMJ and MMJ accessory markets, that's pretty huge.

I just don't think the battery thing will change very soon, as it complicates usage and warranty guidelines--what if someone stuffs bad batteries into the device, and it blows up?--without actually helping anyone outside of a fairly niche market. Even most of my e Cig using friends just plug their mods into the wall. It seems ridiculous to me--but hey, it seems absurd that people drop 2000$ on a MacBook when they only use word processors and Netflix, and would be fine with a 400$ PC. Consumers are not connoseiurs.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Does convection need more battery power than say the 80w heater on the CF? I was surprised at how quickly the battery ran down on the CFV for me too. Does it have a smaller battery than their previous vapes? That being said, it does work very well and the vapor flavor is great.

Interesting...do you have any metrics to put behind that to give us a better idea of what you're experiencing?

Fat Freddy,

Mulehead

This is my first Boundless product so not sure about other models.
But yes, I believe convection in general requires a bit more power than conduction requires.
I get 4-approx .13 gram bowls/charge which is quite respectable IMO, but doesn't quite get me through my day.
I have numerous other vape options with swappable batteries that have me spoiled I guess.
I always have a few 18650's charged to grab and go out the door.
I much prefer an external scharger and the battery maintenance that goes along with it, I've gotten quite good at it.
Much better at it than trying to figure out when I'm leaving next, and wanting a fully charged device to join me.
Only to be limited to one single battery buried deep inside not accessible...it's quite frustrating to me.
That's why I'm charging it all the time.

and not everyone uses their vape for more than 1-3 bowls a day.

What the hell is wrong with these people of which you speak of??? :lol:
Oh I understand and totally get why it's more convenient for some, but, and I really don't want to sound like a dick, but, I don't care about those people, I only care about what fits in my life better for me, you know, what makes my life easier.
I mean there are good and bad to both, we've hit on some.

IMO Boundless and any other manufacturers that don't adapt to swappable standard size batteries will be left behind, great product or not.
With others offering it, and making it a bullet point in their marketing will force others to follow suit.
They'll still make them idiot proof for people that are battery timid (GH), but make them removable for us that take our hobby a little more serious.

I hope they keep up because I sure do like this little bugger!

ohmygodimsohigh

IMO Boundless and any other manufacturers that don't adapt to swappable standard size batteries will be left behind, great product or not.
With others offering it, and making it a bullet point in their marketing will force others to follow suit.
They'll still make them idiot proof for people that are battery timid (GH), but make them removable for us that take our hobby a little more serious.

I hope they keep up because I sure do like this little bugger!

They said in their livestream last week (or the week before?) that all next iterations of their lineup will have swappable batteries.

I personally prefer just to plug-in. Micro USB preferred as well, I have it everywhere.
Hopefully their implementation will be like their cf hybrid, it has swappable battery but it can still charge with micro usb.

Mulehead

They said in their livestream last week (or the week before?) that all next iterations of their lineup will have swappable batteries.

I personally prefer just to plug-in. Micro USB preferred as well, I have it everywhere.
Hopefully their implementation will be like their cf hybrid, it has swappable battery but it can still charge with micro usb.

That's great news OMGISH!
I haven't caught any of the live streams yet.
I'm sure they will please all, heck the tech is here might as well utilize it!

Could we get an answer from the manufacture as to the grade of the plastic that is used in the vapor path or has this already been discussed?

I too am curious of this answer @Boundless Vape Technology.

Mulehead,
Reactions: lwien

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I get the swappable battery thing but I honestly think you're underrating the mass market resistance to things that seem...well, simple to the rest of us.

For people accustomed to 18650 battery tech, this seems stupid, and I obviously get that-- it does seem ridiculous that you have to wait for a charge instead of getting to buy batteries and having infinite charge.

But the type of people that know batteries aren't necessarily the boundless niche.

I have converted 3 friends to full time vaping using the boundless, and all of them rave about ease of use--pop it into charge, pack, press button, inhale, done. I know that none of them would feel comfortable with buying the right batteries instead of the wrong batteries wrapped in the same skin as the right batteries, not to mention the issues of paired and impaired batteries.

The boundless worked where other vapes failed with my smoking friends because of its ease of use and great customer service.

Ideally boundless would make it an option to swap barteries, but I also am not surprised that they didn't make it a priority. The boundless line is meant to appeal IMO to everyone--and not everyone uses their vape for more than 1-3 bowls a day. In fact, most don't. For those people, they would never even consider wanting anything more than a cord and a wall plug.

I totally get why you want battery swapping options--I'm obsessed with vapor on demand and it's why I don't really use any battery portables anymore. I support boundless still because they're an amazing company and my friends and family need battery portables--try explaining the vapcap to someone that doesn't like the idea of weed in the first place.

I will also note that the Boundless warranty policy allows for a cheap (I think 25$) battery replacement / refurb service. Compared to the anemic standards of customer service in the MMJ and MMJ accessory markets, that's pretty huge.

I just don't think the battery thing will change very soon, as it complicates usage and warranty guidelines--what if someone stuffs bad batteries into the device, and it blows up?--without actually helping anyone outside of a fairly niche market. Even most of my e Cig using friends just plug their mods into the wall. It seems ridiculous to me--but hey, it seems absurd that people drop 2000$ on a MacBook when they only use word processors and Netflix, and would be fine with a 400$ PC. Consumers are not connoseiurs.

To build on this a little bit, my friends are same way; they love my Mighty and CFX more than anything else cause they are so simple to use; load, set temp, heat, hit.

I get that you are essentially buying a "disposable" but I also prefer a built in charger in the device itself (not swapping). But IMO Firewood 3 does it the best for me personally. Built in charger and you *can* swap out the cells but aren't really meant too until they are fried. This is perfect model IMO and best of both worlds for me.

I'm excited about the CFV, think it's my next toy :)

beefsupreme

Interesting...do you have any metrics to put behind that to give us a better idea of what you're experiencing?

Sorry - not yet, I've only had the unit for a week and have only used it sporadically. I got about 3 loads through it and the battery was running low. I'm not entirely sure if its just the way the battery life is displayed or if it was actually running out. My plan next is to charge it to full and then keep better track of how long it lasts. 3-4 loads is still likely more than a full days use, if not a couple days, for many users. Plus its microusb so it can be charged with batteries etc anywhere. It's got great vapor though and does a really fine job. It's my first convection vape.

YungLeaner

Does the CFV come with a WPA? And is it being sold anywhere with an FC coupon?

I thought I didn't mean one but now I think I need one. What's the average bowl size you've been using, @stickstones?

beefsupreme

Does the CFV come with a WPA? And is it being sold anywhere with an FC coupon?
I thought I didn't mean one but now I think I need one. What's the average bowl size you've been using?

CFV is not currently for sale anywhere. There was a pre-order at the beginning of the month that shipped 2 weeks ago (where we got ours from) that included a WPA and a Tshirt. They're making adjustments to the mouthpiece right now and then will put the unit for sale on their site and at the usual retailers, who might offer bundle deals. Should be available within a week or two.

Bowl size is noticably smaller than the CF/CFX bowl size (which is huge if you fill it). I'm using about half an ELB's worth which fills the CFV's oven. I dont have a scale but I'm guessing its maybe .2g or less? I pack mine loosely so theres good airflow.

Milkytime

I'd say it's much less than .2 imo.

Yeah I can get at least 4 loads fully done on a full charge if you stir after a 4 min session then fire it back up. Or just blast through 2 sessions back to back without stiring, I usually cut my 2nd session off I'd say 2 min in pretty much everything's extracted.

The charge time is super fast though 45-50 mins I think no more than an hour for sure.

RelaxedNow

The CFV can run five bowls from a cold start to the end of its session timer. It dies during the sixth cycle.

Thanks for that piece of info.

I would imagine that the temperature setting would have some effect on charge life. Have you found that to be noticeable?

RelaxedNow,

ohmygodimsohigh

You guys are getting better battery life than I am. I only get three 8 minute sessions (3 warm-ups)

ohmygodimsohigh,

Cl4ud3

Same battery life here, 5 runs and its dead, it charges quickly but overall I much prefer the CFX life.
Also a warning to be careful with the inner chamber, on trying to swap a ring the top of the insert split off completely, wasn't in over-tight or anything, looks like a slight flaw maybe in mine.

elykpeace

exVASted
Concerning the isolated airpath- I modded the MP so it's airtight, and I do get a decent hit. When placing my finger over the bottom air intake air seemed to be sucking in thru buttons and the usb port.. is this a defective unit? This is referring to a red cfv.. the black seems to function better idk why, like I said might be a defective unit.

My thoughts is if it's an isolated airpath, if u were to place something over the beggining of the path to restrict airflow It would be impossible to suck

Top Bottom