• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

ohmygodimsohigh

I thought I heard from 420vapezone that he had a similar problem with the seal and wasn't getting much vapor and he changed something so it's much better, just not sure what he did.

The mouthpiece on my unit is more restricted than it should be. Flawed.
When I attended the boundless livestream, we compared mine with the others.

I can still get vapor with it, but i gotta suck HARD to get it.
I've been working with the guys at Boundless to make improvements.
I've been hitting mine naked lately, just take out the swivel mouthpiece. Massive clouds and great airflow this way. Doesn't even get hot.

ohmygodimsohigh,
Reactions: Fat Freddy

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Do you guys always have to do 2 sessions to finish a bowel?

Its a shame that everything released these days seems to have problems out the box, not just vapes. I have learnt my lesson waiting for niggles to work themselves out.

At least with the CFV it sounds minor.

oddjobold,
Reactions: VaporBull

Mulehead

Well the leaky mouthpiece is VERY disappointing, but the wpa in my trusty j hook is more than satisfying.

This device has great potential out of the box, but not with the current mouthpiece.
Such a shame for a simple (clear) o ring size to cause mediocre production.
Once Boundless corrects this, it will definitely have a place in my line up.
Great production, and tasty vapor with the wpa!

This will however be the last time I purchase a vaporizer without swappable batteries...hope all you manufacturers are listening!

ohmygodimsohigh

Well the leaky mouthpiece is VERY disappointing, but the wpa in my trusty j hook is more than satisfying.

This device has great potential out of the box, but not with the current mouthpiece.
Such a shame for a simple (clear) o ring size to cause mediocre production.
Once Boundless corrects this, it will definitely have a place in my line up.
Great production, and tasty vapor with the wpa!

This will however be the last time I purchase a vaporizer without swappable batteries...hope all you manufacturers are listening!

Is it the o-ring? Or is it the actual air restriction of the swiveling mouthpiece?
J-hook on WPA is brilliant. I've been hitting mine naked (without the swiveling mouthpiece)

sickmanfraud

I also have to agree The mouthpiece is letting in air and makes it hard to draw. The wpa rips pretty good.

This does not look too good to me. I hardly ever use water, 99% of the time dry.

at the Live Cast yesterday they were using the WPA almost exclusively.

in a convection vape does the herb cook if the hot air is not drawn over it?

Not even in my hand yet and already having buyer's remorse.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: grokit

Mulehead

Is it the o-ring?

I got the mouthpiece to stop leaking by adding a small strip of my GH condom.
I think if the clear o ring was bit thicker it would create an airtight seal?

Not even in my hand yet and already having buyer's remorse.

No need for remorse Stickman!
I too am a 99% dry user.
Not sure if you saw my signature, but my DD's are Zi, Mi, GH, with MV saved for the weekends.
If this device can break into that lineup, I doubt many will suffer from buyers remorse.

I will live with the restriction for a few days before opening up the intake holes, and letting her breathe a bit.
The heater seems plenty powerful, not sure the need for restriction on a convection unit with an adequate heater?
I can rip on it while heating up and can barely slow it down from heating up.

I'm really diggin this thing!
A few tweaks here and there and Boundless has a major hit on their hands.
IMO for their first attempt at convection, they nailed it!

in a convection vape does the herb cook if the hot air is not drawn over it?

No
And this device is pure convection with the wood ring that I'm testing now.
So no cooking unless you're the baker getting baked!

b0

Cloudy...
So right now I'm between this and the Flowermate swift. Both looks to have same internals, so I guess it's all about the CS and wich design I like more.

I love how close to the community boundless guys are, is his international
CS good?

Another detail that I always loved from boundless vapes was being able to use ELBs, can they be used in this vape? Anyone tried the glass mouthpiece? It seems like it worked in the cfx so I guess it should work in the cfv...

Pretty excited about this unit, it's hard to hold and not buy it but had too many deceptions with pre orders lately so want to be sure before pulling the trigger.

ohmygodimsohigh

So right now I'm between this and the Flowermate swift. Both looks to have same internals, so I guess it's all about the CS and wich design I like more.

I love how close to the community boundless guys are, is his international
CS good?

Another detail that I always loved from boundless vapes was being able to use ELBs, can they be used in this vape? Anyone tried the glass mouthpiece? It seems like it worked in the cfx so I guess it should work in the cfv...

Pretty excited about this unit, it's hard to hold and not buy it but had too many deceptions with pre orders lately so want to be sure before pulling the trigger.

The full ELB doesn't fit, but the smaller hat screen does (if you remove the mouthpiece screen)
There doesn't seem to be any benefit to this... the bowl will hold less and airflow is slightly improved (but still restricted by swiveling mouthpiece)

The internals on the swift and the cfv are identical. They both perform exactly the same with the WPA, it's just the mouthpiece causing a difference.
I can't choose which one i like better. I will say that the SWIFT is easier to pull out of a crowded pocket without losing cash/keys/change.

Milkytime

You can use the wpa as your mouthpiece I can get 1 and 1/2 sessions or 6 min before it gets warm and uncomfortable on my lips. I broke my reducer I was using, on top of the wpa which worked wonders, it's the same way I prefer the CF. even at max temp 446 and lips on metal the vapor quality is very nice only bearly warm. so I would suggest maybe a j hook would work well.
Before I broke my reducer this thing was white walking my D020.

beefsupreme

Thanks @Milkytime. I'm going to try it with the stock mouthpiece and if I'm not getting vapor, will switch to using the WPA which we know will work. Sounds like a #10 O-ring from a hardware store will solve the problem with the mouthpiece also, whether thats a good long term fix is to be determined...

beefsupreme,

beefsupreme

I got the CFV today in the post - the red model is gorgeous. Coming from a CFX I cant believe how tiny it is. It produces vapor well - after I fixed the mouthpiece. I had the same problem other posters have with air sealing. I swapped to the WPA as a mouthpiece and immediately was getting much better vapor. I stopped at a hardware store and picked up some new O-rings. Once I swapped the white ring to the new slightly thicker black rings, I was able to get good vapor from the mouthpiece. The assorted size box I got doesn't mention the size and hard to tell in the pics but its slightly smaller than the stock one.

06mu62A.jpg
k7WVcQS.jpg

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
What kinda temperatures are you guys using? Do you find you have to go hotter compared to the CF/CFX?

oddjobold,

xlr8

I received my CFV and i'm feeling battery is kinda weak, maybe mine is defective?

I'm can hit 2 full bowls and battery dies during the 3rd (at 220°C), then it fully recharges in about 80mn on a 2A charger.
Gonna try to let it on @220°c until it goes to sleep and see how much sessions i get exactly.

How much full bowls are you getting from a full battery, or how much time?

Also mine seems to be leaking air from usb/buttons; using WPA (mouthpiece leaking too, will be getting bigger oring too), if i blow air while blocking the air intake at bottom, the air is escaping through usb port and buttons actually; is it same with yours or mine defective?

xlr8,

Mulehead

I spoke with Eric over at Boundless. It sounds like they're going to be replacing/updating the whole mouthpiece.

Rite on!
This will make the cfv a great little product!
Thanks for the info @ohmygodimsohigh!
This is my first Boundless product, so I was wondering how CS was handled, nice to know we're in capable hands.
That also definitely makes this unit a keeper!!

Trying the whole nug method with the quartz ring.
Flavor makes a fellas mouth water a bit!
I'm finding it hard to not drool down my j hook! :mmmm:

As far as battery life, I've had trouble keeping track because I really didn't think I'd like this device and would end up gifting it, so I've been charging after about every bowl, such a PITA!
I fully charged it last night and will try to keep track today.

My first session today I activated sleep mode (hold power button 3 seconds) every time unit reached set temp and continued to draw using residual heat for entire draw.
It only takes 5-7 seconds to hit set temp again for my use.
Basically using the GH method, just using sleep mode as the clicker/switch.
Not sure if this will increase battery life or not, but it sure is fun testing.

Hey Boundless!
I applaud y'alls first convection effort, it's interchangeable ring system is revolutionary IMO.
The quality and quantity of vapor is very surprising for a portable device.
But...
Day 3 and I'm 2 days into being ready for V-2 with swappable batteries!
I'm 3 days into wanting a mouthpiece that doesn't leak.
But with all that said, you have a new customer that will be loyal if you keep proving to me you're listening through the improvements in your products.

beefsupreme

Agreed. They were testing at least two mouthpiece designs to see which would be the one they kept. One had better flavor than the other. I'm not sure why that was though, more air being pulled through? I hope its made of a stronger plastic, I noticed I could bend the CFV's mouthpiece with a light bite on the mouthpiece. The CFX's one is stronger plastic and feels more solid.

lwien

The teardown proved isolation of the airpath and PuffItUp specifically commented on the solder work and generalconstruction, which matches up with my own experience.

I'm a little late to the party here guys so bear with me. This vape looks really promising.

@YungLeaner, can you post up a link in regards to the teardown and isolation of the air path along with the solder work and general construction. Hope it covers the vapor path as well.

Edit:
Also, is this an American/European company who has contracted out a manufacture in China or is this a Chinese owned and operated company who is manufacturing this vape?

Last edited:
Top Bottom