b0

Cloudy...
Yeah I was just sayin. A direct upgrade would keep some semblance of the previous model instead of adopting properties of other models. I did the baskets afor a bit and I ended up just making a tighter seal and callin it a day. I really like the wood now that I found out that I can use essential oils on them to provide additional effects.

Well, it has a metal chamber like everyone was demanding for the CFV until they made it, convection like the CFV, glas mouthpiece same style as the CFV and they improved the battery like we were asking for the CFV.

Just because they took out the wood rings doesn't mean it's not an evolution of the CFV.

analytika

I'm not quite sure how to ask this. What is wrong with the CFV, such that it's been discounted from $219 to $75?

New model coming? The Tera. Check.

Maybe too purely a convection vape? Several whispy pulls before good vapor. Check.

Folks opting to replace the wood/quartz ring with an aluminum ring, to add a base level of conduction. Check.

Heated aluminum in the air path? Thought I saw that in a teardown report.

Can someone fill out the story? Best Regards.

analytika,

Cl4ud3

I'm not quite sure how to ask this. What is wrong with the CFV, such that it's been discounted from $219 to $75?

New model coming? The Tera. Check.

Maybe too purely a convection vape? Several whispy pulls before good vapor. Check.

Folks opting to replace the wood/quartz ring with an aluminum ring, to add a base level of conduction. Check.

Heated aluminum in the air path? Thought I saw that in a teardown report.

Can someone fill out the story? Best Regards.
Convection isn't for everyone, you get loads of complaints over people not knowing how to use them properly. For info I get proper hits from the start at 360 even, never thought about the metal ring as for me it is not needed.
I have two CFV's and both are the same performance.

You might be mixing up prices here, yes they will want to get rid of old stock at a discount with the new Tera coming soon but the prices I'm seeing are $149 for the CFV and the CF down near $100.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
First couple of hits are wispy with conduction vapes too... You just compensate by drawing longer and or slower. That works for the CFV / SwiftPro and other convection vapes too. In all cases the material needs to soak heat for some while before it starts "melting".

I too don't use the metal ring, the quartz one is good enough. I don't need more conduction. Conduction has a crappy taste as soon as you go over 185°C. It's good for low temps though.

analytika

But it a bargain? Such mixed messages out there.

Vape critic was very positive; now there's a bizarre footnote by Bud that "this review no longer represents my point of view". 420vapezone seemed to like it but fell silent on it. People are buying aluminium inserts for more conduction. Some say easy draw, some say unacceptably restricted. Battery life limitations well understood. The rest not so much.

Less clarity arises from perusing the 35 pages of this thread than most about the evolution of user opinion. early reactions when the cfv was getting the most attention are intriguing and pretty positive. seemed the boundless premium device. But A vaporizer doesn't drop that much in value just because a successor is coming. Why is there no demand?

Puffiup launched their $75 price I think last Friday. Still in stock. Just wow.

Last edited:
analytika,

Cl4ud3

Vape critic was very positive; now there's a bizarre footnote by Bud that "this review no longer represents my point of view". 420vapezone seemed to like it but fell silent on it. People are buying aluminium inserts for more conduction. Some say easy draw, some say unacceptably restricted. Battery life limitations well understood. The rest not so much.

Less clarity arises from perusing the 35 pages of this thread than most snout the evolution of user opinion. early reactions when the cfv was getting the most attention are intriguing and pretty positive. seemed the boundless premium device. But A vaporizer doesn't drop that much in value just because a successor is coming. Why is there no demand?

People buying aluminium inserts for more conduction is because they should of bought a hybrid unit in the first place, simple as that. A lot went in thinking it would give the same hits as a full conduction unit that had been cooking for 3 minutes.
Others were put off by the low battery stories, even though the life is comparable to other units.

I think the market is just swamped at the moment with new vapes coming out all the time and it's already a busy place. With the Tera supposedly launching soon and fixing some issues that stopped people buying it in the first version, the original is just going to sit there without heavy discounting.

Some vapes go from v1 to 2 to 3 etc with little changes, here we see removeable batteries coming which so many people ask for of all manufacturers. It's a big upgrade. And do you know the stock levels of puffitup ?

Likes2vape

Less clarity arises from perusing the 35 pages of this thread than most snout the evolution of user opinion. early reactions when the cfv was getting the most attention are intriguing and pretty positive. seemed the boundless premium device. But A vaporizer doesn't drop that much in value just because a successor is coming. Why is there no demand?

The cfv performs well if you can live with the battery life. I like mine and don’t find it has a bad draw resistance but I use it through water 95% of the time. At $75 it is well worth it but know the battery life is terrible with it. 4 - 4 minute sessions max. It is also pure convection so it requires a good set of lungs to really get the vapor rolling, the longer and stronger your draw the better!!

Cl4ud3

The cfv performs well if you can live with the battery life. I like mine and don’t find it has a bad draw resistance but I use it through water 95% of the time. At $75 it is well worth it but know the battery life is terrible with it. 4 - 4 minute sessions max. It is also pure convection so it requires a good set of lungs to really get the vapor rolling, the longer and stronger your draw the better!!
You're only getting 4 4 minute sessions ? :( I get 6 and more if I do back to back. You do just max temperature or stepping ?

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: KeroZen

analytika

But 65 to 70% price reduction in one year?

Market is saturated sure but that's not explanation enough.

Too pure a convection device? Really? Battery can handle "only" 6 sessions? Sorry but this was all well understood a year ago.

I can't shake the feeling the full story behind the collapse in demand remains untold here.

analytika,
Reactions: sweetherb

lookhigh

FC member
4 sesh for me too max temp. I really like this vape but would not recommend to anyone with bad lung capacity.
This vape was overpriced to begin with. Like so many Chinese vapes quality is plasticy and price drops like a lead balloon.

Likes2vape

Too pure a convection device? Really? Battery can handle "only" 6 sessions? Sorry but this was all well understood a year ago.

I can't shake the feeling the full story behind the collapse in demand remains untold here.
Simple fact that the Tera is coming out and will be priced at the same msrp as the cfv. They have to move the cfv now as it will soon be obsolete.

No hidden story

stickstones

Vapor concierge

The mass market doesn’t care about full convection. Not for over $200 anyhow.

Razor

On black friday, there was a private video session from boundless and they gave everyone who watched an extra 50% off the already 25% off vapes. I got a CFX, WPA and the 710 concentrate all for about 85 bucks. Such a good freakin deal. I'll be watchin these guys sales from now on.

Razor,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Zow237

On black friday, there was a private video session from boundless and they gave everyone who watched an extra 50% off the already 25% off vapes. I got a CFX, WPA and the 710 concentrate all for about 85 bucks. Such a good freakin deal. I'll be watchin these guys sales from now on.

Link please :)

Zow237,

Razor

Unfortunately the deal was only available on friday and then on their during their video cast on monday :(

Razor,

sweetherb

OK, so my $75 Black Friday CFV got here and I charged it fully.

It was nicely packaged and feels good in the hand. However, when I fired it up with nothing in the chamber, I got a very very strong smell of plastic/solder. This really did not fill me with confidence.

I then spent several full sessions (until timer switches unit off) with no material in the chamber, blowing air through the intake at max temp. Even after all these sessions, the smell is still just as prominent. I am starting to think it is unlikely to ever go away. The mouthpiece/CU is fine and has no smell whatsoever. The smell is coming from inside the vape.

I am absolutely gutted about this. Had I known this was going to be an issue, I never would have bought this vape. To be honest, I am amazed this product even made it to retail with this stink. I am going to contact puffitup.com and see about a refund.

As a recovering cancer patient, there is no way I am exposing myself to this toxic nastiness. I guess the "QC passed" stickers are handed out like candy with these units.

How this unit ever retailed for $200 is beyond me.

Last edited:
sweetherb,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
OK, so my $75 Black Friday CFV got here and I charged it fully.

It was nicely packaged and feels good in the hand. However, when I fired it up with nothing in the chamber, I got a very very strong smell of plastic/solder. This really did not fill me with confidence.

I then spent several full sessions (until timer switches unit off) with no material in the chamber, blowing air through the intake at max temp. Even after all these sessions, the smell is still just as prominent. I am starting to think it is unlikely to ever go away. The mouthpiece/CU is fine and has no smell whatsoever. The smell is coming from inside the vape.

I am absolutely gutted about this. Had I known this was going to be an issue, I never would have bought this vape. To be honest, I am amazed this product even made it to retail with this stink. I am going to contact puffitup.com and see about a refund.

As a recovering cancer patient, there is no way I am exposing myself to this toxic nastiness. I guess the "QC passed" stickers are handed out like candy with these units.

How this unit ever retailed for $200 is beyond me. It is one of my worst vaporizer experiences in almost 20 years.
Weird, my CFV had little to no smell when I got it then definitely none after a few bowls. And my nose is extremely sensitive.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: KeroZen

sweetherb

Weird, my CFV had little to no smell when I got it then definitely none after a few bowls. And my nose is extremely sensitive.

You must be one of the lucky ones then (and Boundless must have useless QC for there to be this much variance between units).

This is the strongest, most noxious smell I have ever encountered with a vape (I have tested pretty much every vape released in the last 15 years). For this smell to be so strong, I am guessing the PCB or at least some electronics/solder must be in the airpath.

Very disappointed.

sweetherb,
Top Bottom