Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
Thanks everyone for the informative answers. Looks like a great vape.

Hubs88,

flyfishwino

Can someone please explain what exactly the heat rings do and how do the different materials affect the quality of the vapor?
Also any info when this will ship and expected life of battery charge.
Thx

flyfishwino,

Cl4ud3

From a post by Eric@bndlsvapes.com on reddit

"The CFV has a two part, independently heated, ceramic heating base: Part 1 - Ceramic heating rod covered by a stainless steel spiral heat exchanger that sits above the air intake and below the herb chamber. Part 2 - Ceramic core cover that surrounds the ceramic heating rod and heat exchanger to maintain a heated base for the session. The heated base will remain on for the entirety of the session and the hot air created from the 2 part heating base is pulled through the herb chamber to create a tasty convection hit. Different rings will be available to add levels of conduction to the chamber. During the first release, wood and quartz will be provided with the CFV. Wood being the material with least conductive properties. We will be releasing metal rings in the future for those seeking a more conduction style hit. In regards to the CFX, just like the CF, the herb chamber is being directly heated(conduction), while also utilizing a stainless steel spiral heat exchanger that sits below the heated cermaic to create some convection airflow, this is why they have been labeled Hybrid heating systems. Your herb will be spent in the CFX if you leave it on, while the CFV will preserve your herb. Please let me know if you have any other questions of if you would like me to expand on anything and thank you for your interest."

CFV should be shipping on Monday 3rd, CFC will be shipping early Nov as its not for release until Nov 1st.

flyfishwino

From a post by Eric@bndlsvapes.com on reddit

"The CFV has a two part, independently heated, ceramic heating base: Part 1 - Ceramic heating rod covered by a stainless steel spiral heat exchanger that sits above the air intake and below the herb chamber. Part 2 - Ceramic core cover that surrounds the ceramic heating rod and heat exchanger to maintain a heated base for the session. The heated base will remain on for the entirety of the session and the hot air created from the 2 part heating base is pulled through the herb chamber to create a tasty convection hit. Different rings will be available to add levels of conduction to the chamber. During the first release, wood and quartz will be provided with the CFV. Wood being the material with least conductive properties. We will be releasing metal rings in the future for those seeking a more conduction style hit. In regards to the CFX, just like the CF, the herb chamber is being directly heated(conduction), while also utilizing a stainless steel spiral heat exchanger that sits below the heated cermaic to create some convection airflow, this is why they have been labeled Hybrid heating systems. Your herb will be spent in the CFX if you leave it on, while the CFV will preserve your herb. Please let me know if you have any other questions of if you would like me to expand on anything and thank you for your interest."

CFV should be shipping on Monday 3rd, CFC will be shipping early Nov as its not for release until Nov 1st.

Thank you, just cancelled my grasshopper order as I have no confidence I will see it anytime soon, ordered easy this month. Still want one but will wait until more easily available and I can use my cash for the CFV, sounds interesting as I'm looking for convection and on demand vape.

Last edited:

Milkytime

@Boundless Vape Technology how is the heat of the vapor on direct draw? Many convections imo have a very hot draw direct. In the live streams y'all have been using the water pipe which I will as well but if you can showcase and compare the draw to the CF/CFX that would help out greatly thanks.

Milkytime,
Reactions: KeroZen

beefsupreme

@Boundless Vape Technology how is the heat of the vapor on direct draw? Many convections imo have a very hot draw direct. In the live streams y'all have been using the water pipe which I will as well but if you can showcase and compare the draw to the CF/CFX that would help out greatly thanks.

Boundless is supposed to be doing a Livestream tomorrow on youtube at 4pm PST. Pop by if you're around or one of us will ask. Hopefully they'll have a lot more to say and show with the CFV as they're shipping out next week. Direct comparisons to the CF/X would be good.

Milkytime

Yeah party why I asked here I keep showing up late to the live party been watching on YouTube. Also grasshopper labs is fucking me over and promised my order would ship on August 30th after address confirmation on August 23. I'm really considering just saying fuck my 3 grasshoppers and buying a CFV. As I know the boundless CS is spectacular vs grasshopper where I'm on about my 10th 12th email of bullshit and lies.

ohmygodimsohigh

I attended the Boundless release party tonight and brought home a CFV!

I vaped a couple sessions through a bong, and then one through the mouthpiece. I really like the flavor. It actually reminds me of the firefly 2.

I made a little video to show whats inside the box (mine was missing the user manual it seems)

Mulehead

Here's another short video showing the ring change process.

Thanks for the videos!
The red does look great!

How was battery life for those 3 bowls/6 sessions?
I'd really like to know # of hits per charge, good luck keeping track of that tho!!

I think you'll find the quartz ring to produce a bit more vapor on first hit, but with some flavor sacrificed.
Let us know your thoughts after you've had time to play with the quartz ring.

TIA

It's such a bummer this one doesn't have swappable batteries.
We'll see if the ring system makes up for it.

ohmygodimsohigh

Thanks for the videos!
The red does look great!

How was battery life for those 3 bowls/6 sessions?
I'd really like to know # of hits per charge, good luck keeping track of that tho!!

I think you'll find the quartz ring to produce a bit more vapor on first hit, but with some flavor sacrificed.
Let us know your thoughts after you've had time to play with the quartz ring.

TIA

It's such a bummer this one doesn't have swappable batteries.
We'll see if the ring system makes up for it.

Battery did really well, probably had 1/3 left in it.
I do actually try to test # of draws per charge (and draw length/total draw time), but it's challenging because about halfway through the bowl I turn into a deer.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Did it comes with 2 wood rings (1 installed and 1 replacement)?

I didn't see any exhale, so my question is: did you get thick vapor even after a short first puff or do you need a long and slow draw in order to heat the load before to get vapor ( a good sign for a true convection unit)?

To be honnest I'm a bit scarred by all this false-convection units (Fenix, Odin, CFX,...) but maybe this one change my mind....

ohmygodimsohigh

Did it comes with 2 wood rings (1 installed and 1 replacement)?

I didn't see any exhale, so my question is: did you get thick vapor even after a short first puff or do you need a long and slow draw in order to heat the load before to get vapor ( a good sign for a true convection unit)?

To be honnest I'm a bit scarred by all this false-convection units (Fenix, Odin, CFX,...) but maybe this one change my mind....

It did come with two wood rings. One is more red than the other and I can't remember which one is which anymore.

There wasn't much vapor on the first pull. The CFV is definitely full convection. I think there is less conduction in the CFV than any other portable convection - including the firefly 2.

It does have a little bit of a learning curve though.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Amazing !!

I expect to get one from BNDLS but it can take some time to reach the old continent.

Look forward the next reviews too!

edit: I like the interchangeable rings concept!

PPN,
Top Bottom