1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by smokey_da_vape, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

If you measure the ELBs, they don't touch the bottom of the CF or the CFX. Average basket length 25.25 mm , average oven depth 25.35.
    The inside of the top hat is inside the ELB. It has to stretch the screen of the top hat and the basket over the little ridge ring in the mp. That being said, press down on the mouthpiece when installing with the ELB in the oven.
    Gotta hold your mouth right for it to install right. It goes back easy after the first installation. I think you are stretching the two screens at the top of the basket to fit on the mouthpiece.
    To be clear I have used twenty-four (24) Elbs on both my CF and CFX, and have never had to squish down the basket, just stretch the top of the screen. I'm just adding my two cents. Doc

beefsupreme and Southern Chef like this.
  2. Southern Chef

Southern Chef Well-Known Member

Great explaination @Dynalowrider

It looks to me like that "little ridge ring in the mp" has worn down so that even new baskets with new tops go in now without any trouble. Now that the ridge has worn down, it's like the elb's were made for my CFX.

Dynalowrider likes this.
  3. HippieHitman

HippieHitman HotBoxin' My Wheelchair

with top part in basket?

4. Southern Chef

Yes. With the top part in the basket. However, you don't really even need the top basket if you keep the screen in the mp. I took my mp screen out for better draw.

5. HippieHitman

HippieHitman HotBoxin' My Wheelchair

I will probably take my screen mod out as well what temp is best for elb?

6. Southern Chef

That is totally personal preference but I start at 385 and end on 405.

Dynalowrider likes this.
  7. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

If you hold your mouth right you will get the screen stretched. I leave the screen in the mp for reclaim. I have one in the WPA also for reclaim. Doc

Southern Chef likes this.
  8. hillbill

hillbill Well-Known Member

ELBs I have will not fit my particular CFX just by forcing, but that is with top basket on or on the mouthpiece. I have tanks for my wife who drives the CFX and she really likes them. They hold less but are very neat and clean and fast loading. I have 10 tanks for Flowermates and use with or without them when I want.

HippieHitman likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors