Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

elastic.plastic

Looking for interesting people and vapes
I don´t hate this device, i can´t tell anything about this, just want to exchange my opinion on this forum. you know, this what a forum is for.. and in the case of knowledge:

IMO:
Conduction = direct contact with a heating source for example: ceramic heating cylinder /oven or a steel /titanium plate, herbs gone while not take a draw

Convection = no contact with any heating element, only hot air evaporates the oils from the herb. No draw no herb spend...

back to the game: with this deep ceramic oven and this technology it comes with, iam 100% sure its conduction..

Vambo1980

Yeah i cant see how its possible to bash something that not been put through the paces of the FC members and public. I can see your points elastic but we really need to see and test this thing before we start the bash.

If your all really interested and i am allowed to post the pics of internals i will do so, along with my thoughts on its performance once i get it.

elastic.plastic

REVIEW NEEDED ;-) tell me if im right or wrong with these heating source

elastic.plastic,

biohacker

It will be 100% conduction for sure with these "new convection style" airpath/heating..

:bang: Is an understatement. 100% wrong.

You don't need a review to realize that this is NOT a CONDUCTION vape, it is a CONVECTION vaporizer. Anyways, this is too fucking painful......

@OF if you care to show the light with your impeccable knowledge of physics??

Smokey, really looking forward to your feedback - and thanks for the MV mouthpiece!

biohacker,
Reactions: NickDlow

Vambo1980

Not to upset the apple cart.. I can see why.. if the walls of the chamber are the actual tubular ceramic heater then it has to be a (in part) conduction type vape, the walls will be directly heating the herb when in use.

I'm only an pesky electrical engineer, not to much knowledge about electronics but i can see where the comments are coming from...

biohacker

Ofcourse, it's common sense that some conduction will take play, but the primary method of heating is convection, and it was demonstrated by watching his hits.... it took a bit to get going, and get thicker. The mighty OTOH has "instant" vapour due to its conductive bowl/ring. There aren't very many vapes on the market that are 100% ONLY convection, and not sure if there really are any portables?

Even pure convection vapes like the MiniVap, EVO, and VHW have some small element of conduction due to the temperature of the bowl.

Anyways, I honestly don't have a fuck to give, so i'll just standby for some respected reviews and feedback from new owners, and then make the decision to pull the trigger or not for myself.

Vambo1980

If there is no insulation or air gap between the ceramic heater and the wall of the chamber/oven then this is will be just like a PAX or any other conduction vape, if on the other hand the air path is pushed between the heater and oven walls then re-directed down and up through the bottom of the oven it will indeed be primarily a convection vape... all will be revealed once i get my hands on it!!!!

biohacker

Again, they say and advertise it's a convection vape, the video sort of confirms this with the visibility of vapour. If it was conduction, you would have seen a much bigger initial cloud or two.

@OF is the pro on the forum and can rest the case of what actually constitutes conduction vs convection vs radiation, etc. He set me straight when I said that the herbalaire elite was a combo of convection and conduction, and he says it's convection only (even though it can heat and roast the sides), and he also said the Solo is conduction, even though I tried to prove that it was also a combo.

Anyone can go and try to prove him wrong, but good luck - the guy is a genius when it comes to this as well as battery management tech.

There is NO WAY that this is even close to a PAX! They even suggest a looser fill!

Regardless, i'm done... until an actual review comes out. I feel like I should be getting paid by BVT or something now! lol

Justpassedu

I ordered 1 yesterday and will def post my thoughts up after its received. Like biohacker i kind of want something that can replace the mighty & crafty in my arsenal or so i am hoping as there reliability is known to be the greatest and there customer service as well , plus there vapes are expensive but i do hold them highly and they are my favorites at the moment in the portable worls. This will prob not be it but who knows. I liked that the company genuinely seems like they want to stand by the product 100% and just want the users to enjoy the vape and not worry about warranty issues. They seemed to get that point across and did a pretty good job answering the questions anybody through at them in there live demo on youtube.

elastic.plastic

He said in his video.. The guys who made the flowermate, these guys build the cfx/cf.. guess what?

elastic.plastic,

biohacker

I liked that the company genuinely seems like they want to stand by the product 100% and just want the users to enjoy the vape and not worry about warranty issues.

PRECISELY. Kudos BVT! If your vape is what you say it is, I think it's going to be a game changer for portable vapes!

biohacker,

Justpassedu

This is def a convection vape , the company says so itself. I don't know why anyone is arguing the point. The only conduction it may have is possibly from the chamber walls getting a bit hot and retaining some heat causing a bit of conduction if even that.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: biohacker

SiDankies

My thing is.. its a lot cheaper than other top tier VAPES. But they claim it heats up faster, has longer battery life, and can give monster clouds. Im just not seeing how this is all realistic. Usually when it sounds too good to be true... it is. Im very intrigued but also extremely skeptical.

Tickdickler

I know I'm just speculating here and don't mean to argue but I'm not convinced this is mostly convection. That chamber seems like its going to heat up and make quite a bit of contact. Even if hot air is coming from below I can't see this being as convection-like as the firewood 3. Then again this is just me speculating I may choke on these words later on. Just my opinion. Looking forward to some reviews.

Justpassedu

I know I'm just speculating here and don't mean to argue but I'm not convinced this is mostly convection. That chamber seems like its going to heat up and make quite a bit of contact. Even if hot air is coming from below I can't see this being as convection-like as the firewood 3. Then again this is just me speculating I may choke on these words later on. Just my opinion. Looking forward to some reviews.
I hope you are correct bc i don't mind a bit of conduction mixed with convection , also @SiDankies the company already showed on a live demo yesterday that it heats up in 10-15 seconds all the way to the max temp , they also showed us that it produces nice clouds and told us about battery life but that is something we will have to see for ourselfs .

Pears

I hope you are correct bc i don't mind a bit of conduction mixed with convection , also @SiDankies the company already showed on a live demo yesterday that it heats up in 10-15 seconds all the way to the max temp , they also showed us that it produces nice clouds and told us about battery life but that is something we will have to see for ourselfs .
One of the guys said he feels it's around 80% convection with the sides of the bowl getting heated after a while to provide some conduction, which IMO is preferable. And to those saying these are the same manufacturer's as the FlowerMate, please actually watch the videos. The main dude (sorry I don't know your names!) said he worked with flowermate by designing the logo and some of their written stuff, he did not work on the actual device IIRC.

Looking forward to that possible stream they mentioned later in the week :).

radiant34

This is what happens when the vaporizer market is totally not consumer friendly. It's like anything that is below $200 we automatically assume it's garbage. vaporizers aren't expensive they do not take much to make. So when we see a cheap vape we automatically think it's garbage. But it's not necesarrily true

Tickdickler

This is what happens when the vaporizer market is totally not consumer friendly. It's like anything that is below $200 we automatically assume it's garbage. vaporizers aren't expensive they do not take much to make. So when we see a cheap vape we automatically think it's garbage. But it's not necesarrily true

I agree. For example the firewood 3 is cheap and is of high quality. I'm just really weary about this one because of the marketing and all the plastic. I'm not shooting it down yet though. I'm interested in hearing what the FCers got to say.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
This is def a convection vape , the company says so itself. I don't know why anyone is arguing the point. The only conduction it may have is possibly from the chamber walls getting a bit hot and retaining some heat causing a bit of conduction if even that.

Well and in the Haze thread they claim that just by using a "convection screen" it transforms their device into a convection one, when we know it is and remains mostly conduction. Many companies claim things that aren't true. We'll be fixed only when a trusted reviewer gets one in his hands.

hackslasher

I didn't see a bunch of vapor coming out when they weren't hitting it like the mighty so I'm fine with the bit of conduction in it. Know not case for many but not my biggest concern. Kinda odd question I guess but how much of a taste difference is there between dabbing reclaim and vaping it. I don't mind the taste of dabbing it, actually kind of enjoy, so wondering if will taste the same vaping it?

hackslasher,

Pears

I didn't see a bunch of vapor coming out when they weren't hitting it like the mighty so I'm fine with the bit of conduction in it. Know not case for many but not my biggest concern. Kinda odd question I guess but how much of a taste difference is there between dabbing reclaim and vaping it. I don't mind the taste of dabbing it, actually kind of enjoy, so wondering if will taste the same vaping it?
Yeah on the stream there was a small wisp of vapor at one point and that was it, didn't continue to leak. Although my mighty does leak a bit, I'd guess it's because of the leftover vapor in the CU though

Pears,
Top Bottom