Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

sickmanfraud

How do you clean the screen in the oven of the CFX?

I tried Q-Tips and alcohol with the heat turned up. It looks cleaner, but there is no airflow (down to 10%). I tested the mouth piece separately and the airflow was fine so it's not the mouth piece. This is frustrating. :hmm:

vaporizer-boundless-cfx-vaporizer-3_2048x.jpg

I do not own a CFX, but on my CFV there was such a rosin buildup in the top piece that I needed to remove it (used toothpick) from the straw do have any draw.

Can you draw air through the mouthpiece (w/o vape bottom)? If the draw is hard than you may just have a rosin buildup (a GOOD thing)

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning
I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet because I am not going to read this whole thread to find out.
I have taken all the screens out of the mouth piece of my CF and ended up using the small baskets that come with the minivap. They are a very good fit and stay on the mouthpiece without any effort. I use this as the screen and do NOT fill the basket but the actual chamber this gives a better extraction imo.
Do not worry about the insides getting dirty. As long as you turn it upside down after every bowl and brush it out all is well. S and B brush's are good for this.
Should do this with every vape imo.

Cheers TOT

grokit

well-worn member
I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet because I am not going to read this whole thread to find out.
I have taken all the screens out of the mouth piece of my CF and ended up using the small baskets that come with the minivap. They are a very good fit and stay on the mouthpiece without any effort. I use this as the screen and do NOT fill the basket but the actual chamber this gives a better extraction imo.
Do not worry about the insides getting dirty. As long as you turn it upside down after every bowl and brush it out all is well. S and B brush's are good for this.
Should do this with every vape imo.

Cheers TOT
Many of us do the same thing except with an elb screen/lid, which is just a deeper basket screen like the arizer you're using. It comes with a lid that sticks to the mouthpiece like the arizer screen sticks to yours. The bowl is almost as big as the stock bowl, without actually getting it dirty. You can also put a second screen in the mouthpiece for better airflow (og mouthpieces clogged easily) and more filtered reclaim.

:sherlock:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I shaped the small screen basket a tad skinnier so it would slide into the ELB in the chamber easier. I can remove the mouthpiece halfway through and the big ELB slides out still connected and I can take a time out without it still baking in the chamber, or let the oven cool down,and save the rest of the bowl for later without the heat of the cool down still baking the goods. Unless in stealth mode, do not remove mp in stealth mode.:D
I removed the screen off the WPA too, and just put an ELB with a lid on into the chamber, and the WPA nipple thing fits right into that lid basket. Better air flow on both. This thing really kicks now.
Love this forum, I've learned alot. The VAS it induces though...:worms:

david8613

I was wondering when will they start the awesome preordering deals they always offer? C'mon boundless, Im ready to see the new stuff!!!!

david8613,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Hi guys, im wondering if anyone heard any news of any newer models that are coming out?

I was wondering when will they start the awesome preordering deals they always offer? C'mon boundless, Im ready to see the new stuff!!!!
What are you looking for in the "New" that is missing from their current products? For such a relatively young company, they cover a lot of price points and heating elements with their current line up.

SloJimFizz,
Reactions: grokit

david8613

Upgradeitis i guess, removable battery for cfx, removable, bigger battery for cfv would be cool, a nice phone app, like the pax and davinci to customize session.

david8613,

Meach

Gimme a cfx the size of a cfv with the same LCD sized readout of the cfv..a replaceable battery and I'm a happy camper.

zor

Yes to most of these (I don't like app dependency on devices which aren't phones, too much dependency on other tech), and to add:
  1. Ability to keep display off on CFX, a stealth mode of sorts. This LCD is bright as tits when in a dark room!
  2. Always-on mode, or...
  3. ...vibrate when the oven starts to cool off. I like to chat, game, zone out, etc while I vape and it would be great to know when the oven is no longer heating so I can turn it back on.
  4. Firmware upgradeability.
Yes, these are mostly just upgrades to a specific model, so add em as features to a new device :)

sickmanfraud

Yes to most of these (I don't like app dependency on devices which aren't phones, too much dependency on other tech), and to add:
  1. Ability to keep display off on CFX, a stealth mode of sorts. This LCD is bright as tits when in a dark room!
  2. Always-on mode, or...
  3. ...vibrate when the oven starts to cool off. I like to chat, game, zone out, etc while I vape and it would be great to know when the oven is no longer heating so I can turn it back on.
  4. Firmware upgradeability.
Yes, these are mostly just upgrades to a specific model, so add em as features to a new device :)

If you lose yourself while vaping, gaming etc. you should consider a Convection vape (like MVT, Milaana or the easiest a CFV.)

Using a convection vape means that you don't "cook" the medicine except when you are drawing.

zor

Thanks, but each of those has one or more dealbreakers for me.

I have a desktop convection vaporizer (SSV) which is superb, I'm not looking for on-demand hits; with the ELB mod I'm happy to keep the oven on for as long as needed, I tend to have 4 x 5min back-to-back sessions per ELB so disabling the autoshutoff or getting some additional feedback when that happens would be a great feature for me.

zor,
Reactions: Meach

david8613

Trust me i thought the same way as you until i started using the davinci iq, the app is full of very cool fearures. Using an app to control your time and temperature range is great for different situations, you can customize any of 4 smart paths any way you want. For example when you are vaping alone cooler, longer session or when your vaping in a group cooler, warmer then hot and longer, or if you want to medicate quick short and hot, or if you want to just get super baked long and hot session you can do that too! you can contol everything using just the buttons also, so your not stuck with just an app to customize like the pax. Dont get me wrong i love my cfx! The cfx is easy, she is a beast and she works!!!! I can't wait to see the cfx2!

Last edited:
david8613,

grokit

well-worn member
From my crafty experience I decided that I would rather control my vaporizer directly, and more so without a data trail. Firmware updates is all I want, so I like how the cfx has the slow-charge usb connection.

:sherlock:

diglett123444

Hey all,
I got theboundless CF about 5 months ago. Have used it with no problems. Today I tried to power it on (5 taps) and the lights are stuck flashing with all five lights on. They flash for an entire cycle without the unit heating up and then turn off. It shows as fully charged or did when I started doing this. Any thoughts on wtf is going on? I could not find anyone else whose had this problem. It does not just flash five lights six times and turn off. It flashes five lights for the whole cycle while not heating up and will not respond to other 'commands'

diglett123444,

david8613

Id say drain battery all the way, charge it and see if it resets everything. If not send it back to boundless. They will take care of you...

david8613,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Found a great sunny spot to park up in my car in the country. Blowing huge clouds into the sunlight streaming through. Very impressive for a mid ranged price portable.

I am surprised however no one has come up with a half pack bowl mod like the Pax because the bowl is huge and from my experience this vape works best with a full bowl.

I also tried the mouthpiece mod but prefer the standard setup.

symful

Also at high temperatures does it make you guys cough too? Cfx
And how much do you guys vaoe a fulllynpacked bowl? For example 5 minutes at 370 and 5 minutes at 390 and 5 min at 420 is how i roll

symful,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I cough a bit but nothing more than usual. I'm a high temp user as well. Always set to the hottest temp. Clouds everytime with this baby. No chasing required.

I've found in my short time with this vape that it works best with a full bowl. I don't pack tight though just a light tap down with a poker tool. Small loads still work and produce vapor in satisfying quantities but you won't get the same vapor production from a pinch of herb compared to a full bowl.

vaporcloud,
Reactions: Xelatsok

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Hey everyone we are testing some new settings for our live streams and invite you all to hang out and watch us unbox a gift from RosinTech. We will then be pressing and using the CF 710. We are going to get the streams rolling on a regular schedule and will update you all with dates and times.

Here is the link to today's stream at 4:00PM PST:

Thanks for all the support! A recording will be uploaded for those who can't make it.

Boundless Vape Technology,
Reactions: beefsupreme
Top Bottom