• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Boundless CF-710

jimfish4130

Did you guys get an email to say your units had been shipped?

using it upside down in my bong with a piece of silicone tubing to help it seal properly to a 18mm female joint

A few streams ago I suggested trying to use a glass dome as a carb cab but I guess the Cf710 lid would work too if it wasn't fully on, it'd be one less think to lose

turk

turk
....yes received a shipping confirmation email...u do not need a carb cap...

turk,

jdent3

I've been using my CF 710 for over a week now and I thought I'd share my experience so far.

What I hated about all the oil pens I've had in the past is the fact that you constantly have to reload them and the hits are usually not even close to as good as a dab rig. The CF 710 has done all the great things of a oil pen (portability, good battery life, easy to use) and made it so that you don't have to constantly reload. It comes with a small glass jar which you put your concentrates in. You can load a pretty good amount of shatter in the jar, so once you load you're set for a while. The unit fits in my pocket easily and the glass jar that comes with it is very small. This makes it excellent for on the go vaping.

Overall the CF 710 feels really well made. It is made of mostly stainless steel with some kind of other material on the exterior of the device. The 710 comes almost completely apart which makes it great for cleaning. The airpath and vapor path appear to only run through stainless steel. When you take apart the unit you can see the entire vapor path.

The coils also appear well made. They are made of stainless steel and cermaic or quartz depending on coil. I cannot see inside the coil so I don't know what's inside but I'd assume just stainless steel. A few burnoffs when I got the coils produced no off gassing aside from a small amount the first time I fired them up. I've experimented with both coils and prefer the quartz over the ceramic. The quartz has great flavor with good hit size while the ceramic has worse flavor but a bit bigger hit. I've run about a gram through the quartz coil now. I've cleaned the coils twice now and it's super easy. I just burnoff the coils using the 15 second burnoff feature on the CF 710. They come out pretty clean after the burnoff and then I just soak them in ISO for a half hour and they come out sparkling clean. Cleaning the actual unit is also very easy. Since it all comes apart you can clean all the parts with qtips dipped in ISO.

Here are a couple photos of the quartz coil after running a gram of shatter through it and cleaning it:

http://imgur.com/FpqoMKP

http://imgur.com/2VsUtCu

The CF 710 gives massive hits compared to most dab pens. It also uses more shatter than a typical dab pen because it's so easy to overdab when all your concetrate is sitting in the jar. I've found a thin layer of shatter in the bottom of the jar works best. If you layer the shatter too thick it can migrate up into the coil. That's where much of the waste comes from. If you layer the shatter in a thin layer you can conserve very easily.

The battery life is pretty good as well. It is only 900 mah but unless your dabbing a crazy amount everyday there's no way you'll run out the battery.

Overall I'd give it a 9 out of 10. I've yet to find an oil pen that I liked and while this isn't technically an oil pen it still functions in a similar manner. For on the go oil usage I'd say this is an excellent option. The price is also very good.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Holy Shit this thing hit's like a truck . I received mine yesterday , only have the ceramic single coil at the moment but what a surprise. I recently got the new Lynx honey straw and the Cf 710 really blows it out of the water with the hit's it provides. It is like it instantly vaporizers my material once it hits the coil, no mess at all really. Huge rips but very smooth through some water. I now see how the boundless team can take those huge dabs off it inverted on there live streams. Ty for such a nice product , seriously have not got that ripped in awhile so easily. I cant wait to get more use in and post some more thoughts . Ty @Boundless Vape Technology

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Loving the positive reviews, I've been skeptical of the hot straw vapes. I love the idea though. I have one last concern, hopefully someone who has it can answer:

Does the wax that doesn't get vaped get burned? I'm worried about the taste going off a bit if part of it get's cooked before being vaped.

Justpassedu

Loving the positive reviews, I've been skeptical of the hot straw vapes. I love the idea though. I have one last concern, hopefully someone who has it can answer:

Does the wax that doesn't get vaped get burned? I'm worried about the taste going off a bit if part of it get's cooked before being vaped.
So far mine has been getting burned up and no residue by I don't have much use yet , gonna go hit it soon. On my other straw that is not made by boundless it pools up a bit . I don't see this one getting to dirty quickly . It's been literally disintegrating whatever hits it's coils .

jdent3

Does the manufacturer provide an estimate as to how often the coils will need to be replaced?

And can someone toss a link to a timestamp in the vid where it's used thru water? Much appreciated.

Also is there a rough indication as to the temp it gets to?

They had said in the livestream that they had been using the same coils for 4 months. I've run about 2 grams through my quartz coil and it shows no signs of stopping.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So far mine has been getting burned up and no residue by I don't have much use yet , gonna go hit it soon. On my other straw that is not made by boundless it pools up a bit . I don't see this one getting to dirty quickly . It's been literally disintegrating whatever hits it's coils .
I'm glad you compared it to the other one, I've been keeping an eye on that thread too.

Alright, for $118 I'm in. Also love that I can get it from puffitup.

Justpassedu

..,could fuckin knock you out!...lol...hits that strong...u r right about puffitup!...everything you get from them is a nice experience ..they do it right...
It really could knock you out lmao , I had a coughing attack last night using mine but it was a good one , my girl was in the other room and kept asking if i was ok. It just hits really hard , i have only tried the ceramic coil as mine was missing the quartz. How is the quartz compared to it ?

turk

turk
...haven't used the quartz one yet.. (maybe later)..I had the exact same experience as you..and yes my gf was in another room..I was hacking my ass off...lol...watch how much you put in the concentrate holder...this thing will...suck it all up...

Justpassedu

...haven't used the quartz one yet.. (maybe later)..I had the exact same experience as you..and yes my gf was in another room..I was hacking my ass off...lol...watch how much you put in the concentrate holder...this thing will...suck it all up...
I had a gram in the container but this was from my other honey straw i got by Lynx , they are the same container and i did not use much , exception for the lynx it has a logo on the lid. So i had about a gram in there and almost sucked half of it up lol , its to hard to get out now as it is somewhat melted but i been taking the Cf 710 and just inverting it on my glass & taking small dabs right to the coil inverted. It still really kicks me in my ass this way. I think i like using it better this way , gonna pick up a adapter from delta3d studios so it sits steady in my glass. Please lmk how you like the quartz when you get a chance to try it.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Top Bottom